• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chansey
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Softboiled
- Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/reflect

Honestly electrics such as zapdos dont play a huge role in RBY OU. Chansey's massive SPA stat comes in more useful than a resist. Its massive HP helps it from fainting. Ice beam is for grass/ice/fliers. Psychic hits everything strong. Softboiled is for lonjevity. Last slot depends on what you want most more coverage, paralysis or reflect which doubles the defence of chansey as long as it remains on the field since rby!Reflect is way different to now a days​

Last edited:

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Since the nominations have ended?

Imma vote for Chansey! Do I need a reason? I know, it's unoriginal. But it's helpful ;3

I'm alive. Just not very Poke inspired lately :3

What are y'all up to?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

VOTIN TIME

Nomming mandatory tauros.

128Tauros_RB_zpsblkhxdyy.png

Tauros
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Blizzard

Seriously though, tauros is everywhere. Just a solid mon overall that takes advantage of paralysis spread and Persian who weakens tauros checks. These 4 moves are all Tauros needs to sweep late or mid game hax permitting.

112Rhydon_RG_zpsox67drmt.png

Rhydon
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Body Slam

Right now, Zapdos and electric friends I think can cause us problems and so can strong Normal moves. As Zapdos and Jolteon both pack moves and status to hurt our only resist for them; Exegg, hard enough to be an annoyance. This here Rhydon should be able to help alleviate those things and with the para support coming from a lot of our team, it can even make a fantastic offensive threat coupled with its STABs and inability to get paralyzed from Thunder Wave effectively neutralizing a lot of Electric types just by sittin on its rocky behind in the field. EarthSlide coverage is STAB and apparently Rhydons EQ is the strongest non-drawback physical move in the game whilst Substitute can be used to take advantage of paralysis or switch outs. Body Slam is last to help spread paralysis as well! As you all know, Water and Grassers like Lapras and Exeggutor can cause this super old mon to drop so be sure to deal with them accordingly before committing to Rhydon in-battle!​

113Chansey_RB_zpspvjzerhw.png

Chansey
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Softboiled
- Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/reflect

Honestly electrics such as zapdos dont play a huge role in RBY OU. Chansey's massive SPA stat comes in more useful than a resist. Its massive HP helps it from fainting. Ice beam is for grass/ice/fliers. Psychic hits everything strong. Softboiled is for lonjevity. Last slot depends on what you want most more coverage, paralysis or reflect which doubles the defence of chansey as long as it remains on the field since rby!Reflect is way different to now a days​

Big Sugi art! Sorry for the wait, yes the nominations are over! Now it's time for the voting part and yall are so eager to get to it. ^^;

A lotta options, each put a bit more emphasis on specific functions than the others but it's up to you to decide what we need more! Ive counted all the votes so far as well so no worries bout double votin.

RBY OU Viability Rankings

Persian
- Slash
- Bubblebeam
- Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt / Screech

Exeggutor
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Stun Spore / Mega Drain

Dragonite
- Agility
- Wrap
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast

Starmie
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Thunder Wave/Psychic/Hydro Pump

Voting ends
April 18'th 12:00 PM CMT
If any of yall venenobros got some questions, do fire away! I'll answer as I can.​

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Since the nominations have ended?

Imma vote for Chansey! Do I need a reason? I know, it's unoriginal. But it's helpful ;3

I'm alive. Just not very Poke inspired lately :3

What are y'all up to?

Just barely takin in the Hoopa-U loss in OU.
one day we'll get another stallbreaker that'll pierce the meta!

Voting for Rhydon the don. I think y'all ain't appreciating wrap, explosion,. and hyper beams power this gen...

Yo we got at least one of each on team!

You get a pat on the back
*patpat*
and a Gallade-Mega team! The nice fellows at teambuildin thread took care of it.

Oh, and i'll be writing up another chall today. It'll be somethin wild, but not too wild. Look forward to it!

Last edited:

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I'll make an effort to go somewhere this week to practise singles!

If someone could give me a hand? :p

Also, have people been experimenting with Volcanion? A friend on twitter likes it. And another thread here seems to think it could be over-centralising.

Thoughts?

Personally, i'll probably never use it in WiFi as it's auto-banned by VGC.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Also, have people been experimenting with Volcanion? A friend on twitter likes it. And another thread here seems to think it could be over-centralising.

Thoughts?

I can help you practice singles on PS, but as for Wi-Fi, I can't. :x

Volcanion is really good, but he's definitely not overcentralizing. He's weak to three very common types in OU, electric, rock, and ground. He seems pretty predictable too IMO.

Good thing is, he is Water/Fire, so you have 2 parts of the trio in one Pokemon, and it works very well with any other grass type from OU.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity

Thoughts?

It sucks...by itself. Look at black's reasonings. Yes, it is naturally bulky but it's still 2hkoed by nearly every stab eq out there with attack investment, despite 248 hp investment. (Speaking of being 2hkoed, breloom legit checks volc with bullet seed...it 2hkoes and then, because standard volc doesn't run speed and loom does, outspeeds volc too.) For me, in the 6 matches I've done, I've had difficulty even bringing it in safely. Even when I can, it'll take a nice hit because of the ladder being so offensively oriented. What also kills it is that it's dragon fodder, getting only hp ice and sludge wave (eat that, mega altaria) in terms of special movepool. It also gets focus blast, but with steam eruption, earth power and fire blast...no. I've wanted to use a specs set but I've been really enjoying an LO on it so I can really take advantage of what it does best: smashing switch ins. The good news? Rotom wash and mega bro are the bulkiest waters in this gen's OU tier. However, with water absorb and the correct team building and crappy lower ladder players, bulky waters ain't got crap on volc.

That all being said, it is COMPLETELY overpowered when it comes to offensive team building. As black also mentioned, on paper, it looks like it works well with grass sweepers...and based on my testings, it in fact works EXTREMELY well with serperior (serp being the grass sweeper I have on my team) at the very least as I can't say much for the likes of the other stuff that could work, like loom and mega venusaur. With serp, you get the most basic core (fire/water/grass, commonly termed as fwg) in 2 pokes. After that, you need a physical wall breaker. The choices we've suggested on the PS chat? Mega bunny (my personal selection) and mega medicham. I'm using bunny, who I've discovered to be one of the best late game sweepers ever, and I am cleaning house with this core. Mega venusaur is no problem whatsoever since even the most offensive variants of it can only guarantee a 2hko from giga drain after rocks damage. Without, and it's a 3hko.

In conclusion, I don't find volcanion broken by itself; however, with the right pokemon, it is. This is smogon, too, and they don't like stuff that 2hkoes anything from the switch in. I don't see it being suspected in OU though wouldn't be shocked if it is. I have yet to really sweep with it, though wouldn't be shocked if it will in the near future. However, fire/water is honestly a somewhat average type, literally only threatening anything that doesn't resist either stab. Dragons resist both and outside of a 2hko sludge wave or steam eruption don't have to fear much as long as they get a safe switch in. Switching into it really makes this pokemon so hard to deal with but can be easy to scare off with a poke that's faster and specially offensive, therefore it needing hazards to be cleared consistently. We'll have to see how much these things change, but I really don't see it being too overcentralizing so far.

Edit: Aura pointed out that there are things that have had these traits and were still broken (hoopa unbound). Doesn't change my mind too much but it is a valid point.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
monkey_zpsriymecqw.png

credits to Astral Shadow
YotM Challenge!

Did you guys know it's the year of the monkey? Neither did I, but monkeys and the assorted monkeymons are all fantastic and fun to work with. So why dont we spice things up with a challenge centered around em? Here's the

Rules;

~~~

LITERALLY just use a monkeymon on your team. You know what they are. Slaking and pre-evos count, I spose.

You must get to 1430 Rank OU. May be a challenge! Sign the form.

A fresh alt is required and I need the endin replay or some other form of proof of your prowess. I'll PM you if I think somethin is off, but you may start as soon as you post.

~~~

PS alt?:
If you were an animal, what would u be?:

This chall shall end on April 23'rd
The prize shall be 8 points.

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
PS alt?: peaceteam
If you were an animal, what would u be?: Fox

I seem to have some weird malware on my computer or something that's making showdown a huge pain. Every time I click anywhere on the page I get taken off

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
PS alt?: TeaKeki
If you were an animal, what would u be?: Monarch Butterfly or a Tadpole

Also, votes are in and im thinkin Chanseys the victor here! Lemme write it up sometime today, yeah?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.