• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snorby

Snorby
So I guess I'm facing Meta now. Fun stuff!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Have fun wherever you go, Regi! Wish you coulda dropped by the chat more often, but some other time, yeah?
Already VM'd MMS. I hope this is how it's supposed to be. ^^; Dew?

Subbin. Don't expect me to sub for you all! This isn't subway.

~~~

483.gif

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Okie so we need 3 things on this team still; Rocks, a steel type (ok not rly mandatory but yknow), and somethin to threaten rock types like Arc-Rock and T-Tar. It's also a very good rocker in unlike Groudon, it doesnt just invite in Giratina/Latias to defog things away cause its quite an offensive rocker. Draco Meteor is the meat of this sets power, OHKO'ing Giratina and weakening Groudon severely for Xerneas. Fire Blast actually roasts Klefki and Arc-Steel, Bronzong, Jirachi and is especially good for Klefki cause it can leave our sweepers with a nasty Para, but Thunder can be used to hit Ho-Oh, Arc-Water, and Tentacruel really hard and Kyogre as well without having to Draco and leave us open afterwards. Both also hit Skarmory which so far give our team a bit of trouble as our only means of dealing with it are brute forcing past it or playing around with it via potential Magic Coat Arc. I don't have to emphasize the importance of Stealth Rock. It's good for whittling things down and arguably even more important is its ability to help limit Ho-Ohs switch ins and breaking Lugias Multiscale.

Flash Cannons is our main way to damage rock types and is decent STAB for a few other things. It's imperative we're able to weaken rock and steel types for our sweepers as thats a lot of pressure on Groudon to take hits and deal with them as well as them resisting Salas only STAB so Dialga is here to lighten the load, though Arceus can help em out with EQ as well. The speed should outspeed most standard Groudon. Oh and Shuca is great to take a hit from Groudon-Prime and retaliate with Draco. It also makes it a check towards Salamence at least once.

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Have fun wherever you go, Regi! Wish you coulda dropped by the chat more often, but some other time, yeah?
Already VM'd MMS. I hope this is how it's supposed to be. ^^; Dew?

Subbin. Don't expect me to sub for you all! This isn't subway.

~~~

483.gif

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Okie so we need 3 things on this team still; Rocks, a steel type (ok not rly mandatory but yknow), and somethin to threaten rock types like Arc-Rock and T-Tar. It's also a very good rocker in unlike Groudon, it doesnt just invite in Giratina/Latias to defog things away cause its quite an offensive rocker. Draco Meteor is the meat of this sets power, OHKO'ing Giratina and weakening Groudon severely for Xerneas. Fire Blast actually roasts Klefki and Arc-Steel, Bronzong, Jirachi and is especially good for Klefki cause it can leave our sweepers with a nasty Para, but Thunder can be used to hit Ho-Oh, Arc-Water, and Tentacruel really hard and Kyogre as well without having to Draco and leave us open afterwards. Both also hit Skarmory which so far give our team a bit of trouble as our only means of dealing with it are brute forcing past it or playing around with it via potential Magic Coat Arc. I don't have to emphasize the importance of Stealth Rock. It's good for whittling things down and arguably even more important is its ability to help limit Ho-Ohs switch ins and breaking Lugias Multiscale.

Flash Cannons is our main way to damage rock types and is decent STAB for a few other things. It's imperative we're able to weaken rock and steel types for our sweepers as thats a lot of pressure on Groudon to take hits and deal with them as well as them resisting Salas only STAB so Dialga is here to lighten the load, though Arceus can help em out with EQ as well. The speed should outspeed most standard Groudon. Oh and Shuca is great to take a hit from Groudon-Prime and retaliate with Draco. It also makes it a check towards Salamence at least once.

What about a more defensive set to take hits better

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roar

Draco still hits pretty hard and can roar out setup mons like CM Arceus, Double Dance Pdon, etc. Can also stick Flash Cannon in there instead of Roar.

252+ SpA Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Primal Groudon: 229-271 (56.6 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Primal Groudon: 177-208 (43.8 - 51.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

Not too much of a difference

Last edited:

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Oh, it is on now. On like donkey kong up in this thread.

Quick hits before I get this rolling:
~Metalsonic will be a universal substitute, though due to her pledge of allegiance, she will be primarily for rowlet. She brought up the point of subs via PM and I had no definitive answer for it. Someone recruited her to that team and she agreed to be a sub for them so I will honor that agreement.
~There is and was no draft. Here's what we on PS came up with for balance issues:
~~Ptz (who I'm hoping won't mind this) is moved to Team Popplio.
~~MeanMrSnorlax agreed to change his allegiance and is also on Team Popplio.
~Team Rowlet wins the recruitment match up, 5-10. Good job, I still feel popplio is cuter.

The quick hits are brought to you by the VO Ubers CCAT. Don't forget to suggest sets!

img

250px-Rowlet.png

TEAM ROWLET
Captain: Dragonicwari
Garneil.
Regi_Rocks
Utopian
Meliekpi
blues
Aura Sensei
Metalsonic

VERSUS

250px-Popplio.png

TEAM POPPLIO
Captain: Conquer Phoenix
Dew
Erron black
DiaRubyTandem
Fate
Ptz
MeanMrSnorlax

Rules
1) Standard sere
bii war guidlines: ORAS OU, best of 3, etc.
2) Ignore most of the fun stuff I had planned in the first post. It probably won't happen because I didn't plan it out properly. Again, most ;)
3) Due to other SPPF rules, please no trash talk on the forums. It's allowed, just not here on the thread.
4) Team
building restrictions. Oh heck yes, I'm going there. Teams must have at least 1 final evolution of a starter family. Team Rowlet must have a grass type starter, while Team Popplio must have a water type starter...on each team. Don't be afraid to get creative! Yes, greninja is still banned...unless you're a Captain: Greninja is unlocked for Nick while Shaymin-Sky is unlocked for Wari's use.

Matchups (Team Rowlet vs Team Popplio)
Dragonicwari vs Conquer Phoenix
Meliekpi vs Dew
blues vs Erron black
Utopian vs Fate
Metalsonic vs MeanMrSnorlax
Aura Sensei vs Ptz
Garneil. (2) vs DiaRubyTandem(0)

Guild Challenges
~Have your starter pokemon defeat at least 3 pokemon. Hazards count.
~Finish the match without letting your starter faint.
~Don't use your starter...at all.

Guild Master's Challenges (bonus points!!! Yes, Meta, I threw these in just for you!)
~Your starter defeats 3 pokemon in a row (Hazard kills count)
~Finish the match with your starter on the field

Deadline is in 2 weeks. Specifically, matches must be done by June 20, at 11:59 EST/GMT -5.

May the cutest starter win!!! Good luck and have fun to all!
Go Team Popplio, we can do it!

Probably should have made this clear, but please post results here or message me at least!

Speaking of results...team rowlet strikes first with garneil defeating diarubytandem 2-0.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Woah check those leaks, dudes.

Diggin the rockweiler. Not so much about the sleepin dude, but his ability seems really interesting. I imagine Magearna Fleur Cannon is gonna be like a powered up Flash Cannon maybe? Or it'd be cool if it was like Hawluchas Flying Press with two types.

BLUES.

Something else
ALRIGHT FAM.

I'm going to spearhead this Ubers CCAT Taskforce right now.

I'm feeling pretty good after the eater of worlds Mega Mence was nominated as the mon to build around...so here's my next nomination.
3p64ft.jpg

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
THAT'S
RIGHT.

You might think, but BLUES., that's a really intimidating pokemon..our opponents are going to soil themselves...and you're right. It might be pink but it's pink because

it bathes
in the
BLOOD
of its
ENEMIES.

When your opponent has his sweeper set up and tells you to switch in your last pathetic pokemon so he can end this, you hit em with the
"My team doesn't have pathetic pokemon, scrub. But what it does have, is the unstoppable ditto."

While Prof. Oak yells at your opponent that now isn't that time to use that, you throw in Blissey's adorable first once removed cousin and send your opponent back to Pallet Town like the scrub they are.

Having trouble imagining it? CLICK HERE for a small video demonstration as to what happens next.

But what if your opponent can check your block your sweep?

Then,
IT'S
THEIR
FUNERAL
r.i.p
ribbon_black.jpg

Beacuase...

tumblr_ncx8naChC11rpr5lvo1_500.gif

We'll just absorb another mon's forme and CRUSH them.

FEAR
THE
GOD.

Ok, seriously though:
Ditto is a pretty versatile wildcard that differs from gimmick sets because you're guaranteed to get the team slot's worth out of him in one form or another *ba ton pass*

We can send this in on SD/CM/Ekiller Arceus,
Get it in on Darkrai after sleep clause and sleep their mon
We can bring it in on soul dew lati@s and abuse the same stats but with higher speed.

If they've got something set up, we can hijack their sweep.
If they have your favorite pokemon and you want to use it for a bit, send in Ditto.

You're not sure what coverage moves your opponent has on a threat to your team, send in Ditto to scout.
They took out your hazards? Hijack their hazards.
They have a support mon and you need a support mon? Hijack their support.

WHATEVER YOU WANT. YOU'VE GOT IT.

PROOF:

9Y6rPc.jpg

WARNING:
Subs will prevent us from transforming into our opponent,
CM Arceus is troublesome (according to the losers at Smogon...aka TDK<3)

Also, the IV's we give ditto are important in the event that we clone an opponent's pokemon that runs Hidden Power. Smogon recomends "0 Speed IVs lower Speed even more and give the IVs for Hidden Power Ice so Ditto can hit Rayquaza and similar foes super effectively, in the case Ditto transforms into a foe that has Hidden Power. The IVs for Hidden Power Ground, 30 Def / 30 SpA / 1 Spe, are an option if you aim to copy a weakened Xerneas and beat its checks." Although the latter assumes a non-scarf set so I nominate ditto with HP Ice IV's

Renominating this set since everyone stopped giving a damn about this CCAT LOL

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
psst hey
got at least 1 guaranteed free spot on war team

Who wants to be on?
Gonna need a few more subs as well!
If you wanna be up for consideration, PM or VM me so we can set this up quickly for some warrin

Also, do not set up wars without my permission. I can promise to do one later, but we can't go through with them yet if I don't make sure everything's in order and everyone has time for it.

Last edited:

BLUES.

Something else
Beat Erron 2 games to 1.

No challenges completed...although Im salty that I underestimated the damage output when trying to set up my sweeper in game 3 lol
gg's friend

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
VOTAN TIME

483.gif

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Thunder
- Flash Cannon / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Flash Cannons is our main way to damage rock types and is decent STAB for a few other things. It's imperative we're able to weaken rock and steel types for our sweepers as thats a lot of pressure on Groudon to take hits and deal with them as well as them resisting Salas only STAB so Dialga is here to lighten the load, though Arceus can help em out with EQ as well. The speed should outspeed most standard Groudon. Oh and Shuca is great to take a hit from Groudon-Prime and retaliate with Draco. It also makes it a check towards Salamence at least once. A Calm Nature and 244 HP / 252 SpD / 12 Spe spread could also be used to take hits a bit better, with Toxic to help wear down bulkier Pokemon such as Lugia and Arc-Water so Salamence can assuredly have an easier time dealing with them.

132.gif

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
THAT'S
RIGHT.

You might think, but BLUES., that's a really intimidating pokemon..our opponents are going to soil themselves...and you're right. It might be pink but it's pink because

it bathes
in the
BLOOD
of its
ENEMIES.

When your opponent has his sweeper set up and tells you to switch in your last pathetic pokemon so he can end this, you hit em with the
"My team doesn't have pathetic pokemon, scrub. But what it does have, is the unstoppable ditto."

While Prof. Oak yells at your opponent that now isn't that time to use that, you throw in Blissey's adorable first once removed cousin and send your opponent back to Pallet Town like the scrub they are.

Having trouble imagining it? CLICK HERE for a small video demonstration as to what happens next.

But what if your opponent can check your block your sweep?

Then,
IT'S
THEIR
FUNERAL
r.i.p
ribbon_black.jpg

Beacuase...

tumblr_ncx8naChC11rpr5lvo1_500.gif

We'll just absorb another mon's forme and CRUSH them.

FEAR
THE
GOD.

Set Description
vvv

Ok, seriously though:
Ditto is a pretty versatile wildcard that differs from gimmick sets because you're guaranteed to get the team slot's worth out of him in one form or another *ba ton pass*

We can send this in on SD/CM/Ekiller Arceus,
Get it in on Darkrai after sleep clause and sleep their mon
We can bring it in on soul dew lati@s and abuse the same stats but with higher speed.

If they've got something set up, we can hijack their sweep.
If they have your favorite pokemon and you want to use it for a bit, send in Ditto.

You're not sure what coverage moves your opponent has on a threat to your team, send in Ditto to scout.
They took out your hazards? Hijack their hazards.
They have a support mon and you need a support mon? Hijack their support.

WHATEVER YOU WANT. YOU'VE GOT IT.

PROOF:

9Y6rPc.jpg

WARNING:
Subs will prevent us from transforming into our opponent,
CM Arceus is troublesome (according to the losers at Smogon...aka TDK<3)

Ahh im late, sorry, somethin absolutely dreadful happened irl, but gotta get to this while I got some time! Sorry for the wait!

Anywho, here's the two mons! One grants us Stealth Rock and appreciated coverage against the Steels and Rocks of the tier for Salamence, and the others presence pretty much forces the opp to play smart with their set ups otherwise get harshly punished on their haste as well as a nice scout for sets. So vote now! All votes count, EVERY SINGLE ONE.
hav 2 b 4 the 2 mons above tho

Whichever one you choose, let's get it! We're almost finished here!

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 56 HP / 156 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Magic Coat
- Swords Dance

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Ubers Viability Thread

Votin for this round shall end
June 17'th 12:00 PM CMT

Also, im gonna be puttin up another challenge soon! Lemme just think it up cause it's time for another, yeah?? A lot of stuff has happened with the Pokemon scene in regards to sunmoon to...
EVASIVENESS_zps49n2m73d.jpg

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Ahh im late, sorry, somethin absolutely dreadful happened irl, but gotta get to this while I got some time! Sorry for the wait!

Hope everything is all right

Voting for Dialga

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Voting mewtwo

dialge or ditto, ptz ;-;

Hope everything is all right

Voting for Dialga

It's a lil better, thank you!
I wonder what kinda chall yall want. Do you want it super hard?

Oh and ive finally moved along the PU Tournament! BLUES. and Conquer Phoenix, you're up.

~~~

also battled with MMS for the civil war, this was also your test battle! You ranked up!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-386661644
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-386659611

gg's, if you need your battle in, get it in!

Last edited:
PO/PS Name?: Panther Pressure
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A
Why do you want to join?: BLUEZ7 Invited me, and seems like a good pastime
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: Zero
Battling Experience?: 2 Years Competitive
Referrer?: N/A
Battle Form: Dunno what this is asking. I gonna assume style, and it is balance for the most part.

Code: No Idea
Rank?: No Idea
Oppnents Serebii name?: No Idea
Win or Lose?: I like Winning
Score?: 1571
Your current won battle total? 34 outta 44
How did u feel about it?: Pretty aight. Swag Gang Gang

BLUES.

Something else
PO/PS Name?: Panther Pressure
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A
Why do you want to join?: BLUEZ7 Invited me, and seems like a good pastime
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: Zero
Battling Experience?: 2 Years Competitive
Referrer?: N/A
Battle Form: Dunno what this is asking. I gonna assume style, and it is balance for the most part.

Code: No Idea
Rank?: No Idea
Oppnents Serebii name?: No Idea
Win or Lose?: I like Winning
Score?: 1571
Your current won battle total? 34 outta 44
How did u feel about it?: Pretty aight. Swag Gang Gang

Welcome to the clan man!

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
dialge or ditto, ptz ;-;

It's a lil better, thank you!
I wonder what kinda chall yall want. Do you want it super hard?

Oh and ive finally moved along the PU Tournament! BLUES. and Conquer Phoenix, you're up.

~~~

also battled with MMS for the civil war, this was also your test battle! You ranked up!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-386661644
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-386659611

gg's, if you need your battle in, get it in!

Civil War is won. Team Rowlet completes the sweep 4-0. Great war guys, let's do it again soon!

ps team Popplio was still the better team so they won instead

Status
Not open for further replies.