• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
It is Tournament Time!

Hello VO it is time to decide what our next tournament will be!
Please Nominate/Vote for a tournament type that you wish to see occur votes will close on Sunday night at 10 pm PST unless there is a clear winner. Don’t worry all votes will be counted and depending on demand I might run two tournaments, either together or back to back!

- Eliteknight

BLUES.

Something else
Whats your ideal haircut?:reverse mohawk
PS Alt?: FiveNuckleShuffle

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Whats your ideal haircut?:reverse mohawk
PS Alt?: FiveNuckleShuffle

You!

Whats your ideal haircut?: donald trump
PS Alt?: you're not cute

And you are good!

Be sure to suggest tourneytypes, all. I'm not home RN so I'm a bit limited on postin sorry. EK's a super swell guy tho and'll be headin this tourney. I know I said id get the tour movin along but just wanna make sure every1 has a chance to suggest somethin. I'm hopin my personal issue resolves itself soon but just gotta chin up and move ahead!

Garlneil

So many bug types ahhh yeah. Some look like they might actually be useful too. *fingers crossed*

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I really like the new Bug/Electric! It's first design was something I wasn't too big on until I saw the eyes. The eyes made it 8/10. Also, its evo is a 9/10! Puff the Magic Dragon is Normal/Dragon. It's about time that typing comes out, it was a wonder what they were gonna do with it since Normal typings tend to make designs a bit more whimsical when paired with somethin that isn't Flying.

Cutiefly is too cute. No seriously, is its theme that its cute? What kind of a theme is that...Snubull does it better...

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
bruxish is ugly as sin but it's ability could be very interesting (especially for doubles)- we'll see what the stats are.
the electric bugs are pretty cool- definitely my favorite set of bugs in a while, but i can't say that the pikaclone is too great :/
snoop dragon is my favorite reveal- tapu koko and cutiefly are both ok.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
OI RIGHT HERE

1DjRrfH.png

Alrighty now, the results are in and its lookin like OU took the vote for our next CCAT so OU it is! Got a bit of time to make this so without further ado, let's get started on our next CCAT. The hunt for the next team is neverending, everyone should know that.

The first round is the coolest and deffo the most popular...
The round where yall suggest what you wanna see us build around!
Generally a sweeper of some sort, this mon will be the basis on which we start our team around and is usually somethin pretty likeable from our past CCATs.

As always, it has to be viable. Just so long as it's not Snowball Dewgong or something it should b ok.

Here's a reference for the OU tier if thats the kinda stuff you like.
Be sure to give a nice explanation as to why we should build around your mon!

OU Viability Rankings

So yeah, go ahead and suggest! Do love seein what ya'll wanna build and am more then happy to help us get better. Suggest to your hearts content!

Suggesting for our first OU CCAT mon shall end on
July 4'th 12:00 PM GMT

I'll try and see if we can get a banner for the specific mon thats voted upon as our first member this time so ye
Also do suggest a tier for the Tour thats comin up! The two auto-ins atm are OU and BH since that's what I left off on.​

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Nominating Mega Heracross:

214-mega.gif

Heracross @Heracronite
Moxie > Skill Link
Adamant
240 HP 136 Att 132 Spe

-Pin Missile
-Close Combat
-Rock Blast
-Swords Dance/Substitute

Alright, Mega Heracross is by far one of the best Wallbreakers and sub breakers because of his sheer power, great bulk, and decent speed combined with his very useful Skill Link ability. He can tank most hits barring just about any Flying move. Substitute is key for expecting switch-ins from Pokemon like Talonflame, Tornadus-T, or M-Pidgeot who can easily wipe M-Heracross, which is where Rock Blast comes in handy as your way of getting rid of those threats somewhat safely. Moxie is for boosting your Attack by finishing off a slower target while not in Mega, and slashed Swords dance just for a more offensive role. Pin Missile and Close Combat are standard STAB moves for M-Hera as well, and Pin Missile can easily tear through subbers like Breloom and Serperior. Of course, we'll need quite a bit of back up to make him work, but with the right team and set up, he can absolutely destroy.

Garlneil

pinsir-mega.gif

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat/ Earthquake
- Quick Attack​

This thing here is a monster. Being one of the two pokemon with the strong ability Aerilate. This thing can dominate when its checks have been dealt with. With 155 base attack powers through a lot and sword dance only boost that power to higher levels. Return is boosted through the roof and quick attack becomes pretty good and scary after a sword dance. Earthquake can be used to deal with pesky duel types and no negative stat drop off. Stealth rocks will rape it before it even mega evolves and will hurt more after it has. Counter measures would greatly help it out. He used be used to clean up so a team that can support the early and set up for his his sweep would be best.

How about a RU tour

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
pinsir-mega.gif

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat/ Earthquake
- Quick Attack​

This thing here is a monster. Being one of the two pokemon with the strong ability Aerilate. This thing can dominate when its checks have been dealt with. With 155 base attack powers through a lot and sword dance only boost that power to higher levels. Return is boosted through the roof and quick attack becomes pretty good and scary after a sword dance. Earthquake can be used to deal with pesky duel types and no negative stat drop off. Stealth rocks will rape it before it even mega evolves and will hurt more after it has. Counter measures would greatly help it out. He used be used to clean up so a team that can support the early and set up for his his sweep would be best.

How about a RU tour

Go with Feint over Quick Attack, that breaks through Protect and gains the Aerilate boost too. ^^^

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Last edited:

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Ok so here is my pokemon I want to start our ou ccat off with

clefable.png

Clefable the life taker

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast

Clefable has become a staple pokemon in this x and y ou meta with its new typing and great ability with magic guard making people adapt there teams to check able. Tankable is not your normal type set for clefable but dont not be mistaken it packs a punch and catches people off guard. Moonblast and Fireblast take out alot of pokemon in ou with scizor, latios, latias, and ferrothron running around in most teams. Focus blast takes care of heatran in one or two hits depending on the set and squash non knowing bisharps from any chances to revenge kill or set up after we switch. Soft boiled is the prime move for clefable to live a long and health life in battle so it can keep up the pressure it gives you in most fights. Magic guard can take anything our team doesn't like and kill pokemon that our team cant take. Clefable is s+ tier right now and should be use not only as a slower revenge killer but also as a predicted to help hone your skills to catch unware pokemon so our other members can shine and take over the game. We shouldnt start off with a mega that brings to much pressure on one poke but instead build a team where 3 or 4 members of our team can shiny and help win the game. A mega should be used to boost a team and its members.

Doctor_DraX

Stopping at 1300s as well on Duke of Box.

CCAT Suggestion:

Manaphy w/ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

OK so why Calm Mind over Tail Glow?

The +1 SpDef coupled with physdef investment allows Manaphy to beat these Pokemon after 1 Calm Mind:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 125-148 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Rain Dance prevents a second before you can recover, forces the switch
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 134-160 (33.1 - 39.6%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 151-178 (37.3 - 44%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Meh
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 79.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 133-156 (32.9 - 38.6%) -- 2.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
68 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You get the point. Manaphy has the opportunity to switch in and set up on a lot of mons such as Hippowdon, Lando-T (physdef), Tyranitar, Scizor, Heatran, etc. Once it gets up a Calm Mind it can only be stalled or beaten by Serperior, Electric Types, Volcanion, Unaware Clef, Chansey hax, and it will die if you play it poorly. Fortunately, teams have more than one Pokemon. Scald in the Rain with a chance to burn becomes frustrating, especially because Calm Mind also grants a SpAtt boost. Rain Dance is also frustrating for sand teams, because they won't be able to keep their sand up for long. This set works well with sand against opposing rain teams. 16 Speed outspeeds Adamant Bisharp. Other mons should be able to beat water-resists (Dragon, Grass, Water, Water Absorb) A good option is Ferrothorn because it resists those three types and can live longer under rain with weakened Fire attacks, Tornadus-T can use rain and power through M-Venusaur, Amoonguss, Celebi, and Serperior. If you use sand, Hippo+Drill is good for Electric types such as Manectric.

This loses to Volcanion 1v1 :(

Last edited:
Tournament Time!

Since no one nominated any Tournaments nor did anyone vote ill do a voting session:

OU
Balanced Hackmons
Randbats
RU

please vote for one of the following or i will pick one out of a hat and run a tour based off of that.

Deadline is wednesday night at 10pm pacific

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.