• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUES.

Something else
I will gladly take on both Instincts and Mystics on my own since there's no love for the eternal flames

Erron Black

The Outlaw

manectric-mega.gif

Manectric w/Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod > Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flamethrower
-Thunder

Mega Manectric is one of the biggest threats in OU due to it's insane speed tier, it's ability being intimidate, and it's sheer power. Few things can switch into a M-Mane safely, but Manaphy usually takes care of the biggest offensive threats like Sand Rush Excadrill and Tyranitar. M-Mane is also one of the best Volcanion counters, which our Manaphy has nothing to hit it with. Seeing as how we'll have Rain Dance on the team, Thunder over Thunderbolt seems logical, it deals a bunch of damage and has 100% accuracy in rain. Lightning Rod Mane is perfect for expecting Pokemon like Rotom-W or Magnezone to Volt Switch on Manaphy in order to grab that great 1.5x SpAtk boost. Volt Switch is for switching out on Pokemon we can't do much to, or just to finish off a Poke and switch in safely to a different Pokemon. Flamethrower is the usual coverage move on M-Mane that destroys defensive threats like Skarm, Scizor, and Ferrothorn. HP Ice allows M-Mane to take care of most of it's own threats itself like Lando-T, Garchomp, and Gliscor.

Re-nomming this mega manectric.

VOTour2.png

Credit to American-Pi

Welcome to the VO Randbats Tournament!

Rules:
All Battles must be done over Pokemon Online or Pokemonshowdown.
If a D/C happens early game, both players will replay doing the same moves.
If a clear winner can't be decided when a D/C happens late game, then both players will replay their game.
Fellow all general Serebii Rules.
All battles will be best of 5.
Each round will be one week, no extensions will be provided.
All matches must be confirmed.

Prizes:
TBA

Signing up:
Post the following form:

HTML:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Registered PS/PO Name:[/B]
[B]Timezone:[/B]

Participants:
1) Eliteknight
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
Bracket:

Deadline:

you had me at randoms

Username: sanae
Registered PS/PO Name: sohei
Timezone: us est
quick note, but i'll probably be traveling during some of this so my internet access may be spotty

Please post this in the tournament thread until then. Rejected

Zerogoki

I dont know if im in time but i just finished the ladder challenge :)
(i cant upload images for some reason but my alt for this challenge is Zerach and reached 1611 points)

Last edited:

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Gonna redo the civil war post at some point this week with not bold text and images, pretty much making it not ugly. No one will have to sign up again tho :)

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
metalsonic%20manaphy%20banner%20png_zpsd2mrtm53.png

credits to American-Pi

manaphy.gif

Manaphy w/ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

OK so why Calm Mind over Tail Glow?

The +1 SpDef coupled with physdef investment allows Manaphy to beat these Pokemon after 1 Calm Mind:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 125-148 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Rain Dance prevents a second before you can recover, forces the switch
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 134-160 (33.1 - 39.6%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 151-178 (37.3 - 44%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Meh
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 79.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 133-156 (32.9 - 38.6%) -- 2.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
68 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You get the point. Manaphy has the opportunity to switch in and set up on a lot of mons such as Hippowdon, Lando-T (physdef), Tyranitar, Scizor, Heatran, etc. Once it gets up a Calm Mind it can only be stalled or beaten by Serperior, Electric Types, Volcanion, Unaware Clef, Chansey hax, and it will die if you play it poorly. Fortunately, teams have more than one Pokemon. Scald in the Rain with a chance to burn becomes frustrating, especially because Calm Mind also grants a SpAtt boost. Rain Dance is also frustrating for sand teams, because they won't be able to keep their sand up for long. This set works well with sand against opposing rain teams. 16 Speed outspeeds Adamant Bisharp. Other mons should be able to beat water-resists (Dragon, Grass, Water, Water Absorb) A good option is Ferrothorn because it resists those three types and can live longer under rain with weakened Fire attacks, Tornadus-T can use rain and power through M-Venusaur, Amoonguss, Celebi, and Serperior. If you use sand, Hippo+Drill is good for Electric types such as Manectric.

This loses to Volcanion 1v1 :(

amoonguss.gif

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

Suggesting Amoongus as it is the only partner Manaphy will ever really need. An electric type came in to volt switch out on Manaphy before it boosted? Amoongus eats that for breakfast and comes out healthier than ever switching out of their switch in. Opposing Serperior thinks they can set up? Clear smog them and laugh. Afraid a Mega Bro might set up with you? Swap 4 hp evs to speed, spore, clear smog, giga, and have a giggle m8 as they complain about losing every speed tie. Amoongus also beats the strongest pokemon in the tier, Clefable. And you can never have enough Clefable checks or counters.

manectric-mega.gif

Manectric w/Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod > Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flamethrower
-Thunder

Mega Manectric is one of the biggest threats in OU due to it's insane speed tier, it's ability being intimidate, and it's sheer power. Few things can switch into a M-Mane safely, but Manaphy usually takes care of the biggest offensive threats like Sand Rush Excadrill and Tyranitar. M-Mane is also one of the best Volcanion counters, which our Manaphy has nothing to hit it with. Seeing as how we'll have Rain Dance on the team, Thunder over Thunderbolt seems logical, it deals a bunch of damage and has 100% accuracy in rain. Lightning Rod Mane is perfect for expecting Pokemon like Rotom-W or Magnezone to Volt Switch on Manaphy in order to grab that great 1.5x SpAtk boost. Volt Switch is for switching out on Pokemon we can't do much to, or just to finish off a Poke and switch in safely to a different Pokemon. Flamethrower is the usual coverage move on M-Mane that destroys defensive threats like Skarm, Scizor, and Ferrothorn. HP Ice allows M-Mane to take care of most of it's own threats itself like Lando-T, Garchomp, and Gliscor.

OOh and das it, Manectric is the third member! Uncontested and content to be on the team.
Bein a solid check to the tiers speedier threats in Talon, Torn, and Lati, all threats to our second member Amoongus, it definitely finds a place on the team! This is partly in thanks to its Flying resistance and speed. It's speed and power is absolutely crucial in immediately layin on offensive pressure. The effectiveness of boltbeam coverage is somethin every1 and their mother is aware of but Flamethrower is the most glistening move in its moveset as it grants it very unique coverage. Easily scaring out Ferro, Zor, and being a bigger threat to bulkier grasses that can take an HP Ice. Volt Switch nabs momentum as well as potentially working very well with Amoongs regen core so it can regen safely if need be. Even with Intimidate and minimal type weaknesses its still vulnerable to being put into priority range due to lack of recovery and bulk so as always, play smart and bring it in safely enough. Plus now that the mega slots been taken, we don't gotta mull over that anymore. Of course, there's more to this mon then just a mega slot! Really now, Erron did a bang up job explainin pretty much everythin!

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

Half way there now! Soon, it shall be a team! But not without yalls say.
Suggesting for the fourth team member shall end on
July 27'rd 12:00 PM CMT

~~~

Goki, I got you! Points added. Ill make a rank up post on you.

Also ptz

ptz

pls

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
wait we have a tour going what

Zerogoki

Nice! im a beautiful Surskit now.
And when i win the OU tournament i'll be a larvesta >:)
Btw, still waiting for my second opponent on the tour.

Voting for Tornadus-Therian for the CCAT, just because of the Rain dance - Hurricane and the versatility of this pokemon (heat wave, knoff, u turn)

Doctor_DraX

Tyranitar w/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

It goes without saying that the current members lose to the Lati twins. Ttar has been a god for a long time, It can take Dracos and only its many weaknesses keep it from being Uber. This traps the Lati twins (obviously) and also provides a backup plan against other weather teams. This is really standard, Pursuit for trapping, Crunch/Stone Edge for powerful STAB and Superpower for the extra coverage which can revenge kill Bisharp etc. Checks M-Pinsir, Talonflame, ZardY and Thundurus. Very good Revenge Killer in general.

Considering how standard this is you should all be familiar with common calcs, so I'll omit them here.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Man, you guys are riots. I'm dying rn lmao

Bae plz, join the fun c:

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

It goes without saying that the current members lose to the Lati twins. Ttar has been a god for a long time, It can take Dracos and only its many weaknesses keep it from being Uber. This traps the Lati twins (obviously) and also provides a backup plan against other weather teams. This is really standard, Pursuit for trapping, Crunch/Stone Edge for powerful STAB and Superpower for the extra coverage which can revenge kill Bisharp etc. Checks M-Pinsir, Talonflame, ZardY and Thundurus. Very good Revenge Killer in general.

Considering how standard this is you should all be familiar with common calcs, so I'll omit them here.

But how does it handle Mewtwo?

Edit: I think ptz's real goal is to make Mewtwo ou

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

It would appear there has been a
RANK UP

153.png

Zerogoki

Has claimed Rank 2 after destroying the ladder chall with the highest amount of points you can get, 15, from a sweet 16k ranking.
Congrats!

VO%20Userbar%20Rank%202_zpsvxqddlqr.gif

^^^^^^

VO%20Userbar%20Rank%201_zpsp7rmmye4.gif

Musta been a bit of a trek to hit 16k, thanks to everyone who participated in the chall! It ended a few days back, but know there'll prolly be more. Till then, keep sharp. Sorry goki for the wait!

~~~~

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / U-Turn
- Stone Edge

A ground immune and rocks right quick is somethin that'd be good for the team, I think. Soooo here's OU's finest; Landorus-T!
Forms a nice little intimidate core with mega mane as well as just being a nice part of the defensive core. Only thing that appreciates intimi cores are Bisharp so we should watch out for that. If need be, this lando can take Knock at +1 though. Rocky Helmet punishes things that would hate to make contact with it like U-Turn/Fake Out but if you'd like a bit of longevity Leftovers could be more your style. I like SD to help power through bulkier teams which is muy appreciated for things like Chansey, Clef, Ferro, Tangrowth, Amoongus, all things that can potentially give our team some trouble as well as giving us another powerful answer to bulky teams with EdgeQuake coverage making opponents hard pressed to switch into anything. However, depending on how things go from here, we can just go the standard U-Turn route to help preserve momentum as per usual.​

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ wait what the heck then who did we buy that tombstone for...
its good to have you back though afro! your afro brings the thunder and whatnot

metalsonic%20manaphy%20banner%20png_zpsd2mrtm53.png

FOURTH MEMBER VOTIN ROUND

248.gif

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / U-Turn
- Stone Edge

A ground immune and rocks right quick is somethin that'd be good for the team, I think. Soooo here's OU's finest; Landorus-T!
Forms a nice little intimidate core with mega mane as well as just being a nice part of the defensive core. Only thing that appreciates intimi cores are Bisharp so we should watch out for that. If need be, this lando can take Knock at +1 though. Rocky Helmet punishes things that would hate to make contact with it like U-Turn/Fake Out but if you'd like a bit of longevity Leftovers could be more your style. I like SD to help power through bulkier teams which is muy appreciated for things like Chansey, Clef, Ferro, Tangrowth, Amoongus, all things that can potentially give our team some trouble as well as giving us another powerful answer to bulky teams with EdgeQuake coverage making opponents hard pressed to switch into anything. However, depending on how things go from here, we can just go the standard U-Turn route to help preserve momentum as per usual.

There we have em, the next two mons that'll be competin for the fourth spot on our OU CCAT team! Both do their own thing, with T-Tar giving us the more immediate answer against offensive flyers with its devastating Stone Edge as well as being a pretty fantastic scarfer and trapper in its ability to check Bisharp and Latios pretty well, both big threats to our team as Lati will probably do its best to keep Manaphy low, Amoongus scared, and Manectric hard pressed to switch in so T-Tar is very appreciated. Do keep in mind though that Latios' LO Draco can still 2HKO us after rocks though so play accordingly otherwise you'll force a 50/50. As stated it can be our life line against the odd rain team should the opposing rain be a lil too much for Manaphy and the team to handle so keep that in mind as well. Landorus-T on the other hand is pretty standorus. Helps to solidify the teams defensive backbone, Ground immune, as well as potentially breaking through fatter teams with its SD potential. Not only that but the rocks are deffo helpful to punish switches, break sashes, as well as Rocky Helmet to punish mons that get too touchy. However, if we do go the Rocky Helmet route then longevity is an issue as Landorus is used to come in a lot on physical attackers usually so do be careful. An Intimidate core could easily help Manaphy set up as well with the attack losses but both mons could work for sure for their own reasons of course!

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flame Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

As always, every vote counts and is appreciated! Go for the one you think'll suit this team best. Sorry, Goki, but you never elaborated on your set and it couldnt be added because of it. Gotta explain! >.<
Voting for 4th memb shall end on
August 2'nd 12:00 PM CMT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.