• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yeah thats exactly what I was thinkin! If it gets Hurricane it could massacre Volcarona. Though bein a dancer and all, you'd assume it'll get dance moves of its own. Maybe it'll get Quiver Dance itself? It'd be nice if Electric/Flying Oricorio was the first of that typing to get Hurricane finally.

It obviously has to get Feather Dance, I'd be surprised if it didn't. Fiery Dance may actually be possible for the Fire/Flying Oricorio too, it'd be nice to see that strong move on Pokemon that isn't Volcarona. I could see it getting Teeter Dance and possibly Swords Dance as well. Quiver Dance would make for a very interesting move for it, considering it's almost entirely Bug-type exclusive barring Lilligant. Seeing as Oricorio IS the Dancer Pokemon, I could totally see it getting the move.

All these 'gimmick' Pokemon actually seem like they could threaten a LOT of the OU Pokemon.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
It obviously has to get Feather Dance, I'd be surprised if it didn't. Fiery Dance may actually be possible for the Fire/Flying Oricorio too, it'd be nice to see that strong move on Pokemon that isn't Volcarona. I could see it getting Teeter Dance and possibly Swords Dance as well. Quiver Dance would make for a very interesting move for it, considering it's almost entirely Bug-type exclusive barring Lilligant. Seeing as Oricorio IS the Dancer Pokemon, I could totally see it getting the move.

All these 'gimmick' Pokemon actually seem like they could threaten a LOT of the OU Pokemon.

If anything else is getting Fiery Dance, it's Oricorio. Do we know what ability Sandslash is getting? It'd be cool if it got Technician with Ice Shard and Bullet Punch! And then a tech Rapid Spin would be cool.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
If anything else is getting Fiery Dance, it's Oricorio. Do we know what ability Sandslash is getting? It'd be cool if it got Technician with Ice Shard and Bullet Punch! And then a tech Rapid Spin would be cool.

Snow cloak...tho I'd be surprised if it gets beyond PU with that typing.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Snow cloak...tho I'd be surprised if it gets beyond PU with that typing.

Hope it keeps bulldoze or something at least for steels.

I like the idea of Klefki on the team but i dont like the lack of a defoger or spinner :/

Suggest somethin! It's gotta be well and detailed now.

Garlneil

Make me wonder if its faster then the opponents pokemon and uses its own dancing move first and the opponent also uses a dancing move. Would Oricorio basically get two move in in one turn? Hmmm!

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry

This makes me hope all the different dancers get a different dancing move (similar to rotom forms with different stabs)

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Just gonna throw this out here, but we have a new unofficial tier.

FU.

From what I'm gathering, it's anything that has less than 3.4% usage in the upper PU ladder. At the moment, from what I'm guessing based on usage stats (go down to FU in the link, the stats are PU so scroll down after you see kingler) it looks like sawsbuck is a legitimate threat and the likes of vespiquen can check it somehow.

Zachmac

Oh few this place is still alive. And MetalSonic is still here to, thank goodness for that.

Hey guys, guess who's finally getting back into Pokemon after, like, the longest hiatus ever?
tumblr_inline_o19siyqOQG1qfvvzi_500.png

I see I was kicked out from inactivity. I figured that'd happen. Rule 11 says I should get to keep all of my battles points if I rejoin, but I only had 8 anyway, so I don't care about losing them. I've been in the mood for a fresh start for some time now.

PO/PS Name?: Zachmac (Sometimes with other variations, like Zachmac of VO)
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A
Why do you want to join?: I'm a returning member, and I love this guild.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: 0
Battling Experience?: I'm pretty rusty these days, but I have years of experience behind me. I actually started competitive Pokemon in elementary school of all times, and I played it all the way through middle school and my freshman year of high school. To put that in perspective, I'm heading off to college now.
Referrer?: N/A

To those of you who remember me, I had a lot of activity issues as Pokemon started to slip away from my interest. I couldn't bring myself to play it competitively anymore. Eventually I just stopped coming to this thread altogether. But now I'm back, and I'm going to be here for a while, and I'm extremely confident I'm going to be able to remain active now.

You see, a couple months ago, my 3DS broke from water damage. That wouldn't be a huge problem, but bought both Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire digitally, and when your 3DS can't work, you can't save any of it's save data. My entire collection of pokemon, gone in less then a day. But I didn't take it so badly. Sun and Moon is coming just around the corner, and I've challenged myself to obtain one of each pokemon, entirely from scratch, before the game launches in November. I started on Friday, and I'm on a roll. In just a couple days, I already caught 111 individual species of Pokemon - that's roughly 15%. Then when Sun and Moon finally release, I'm going to catch every new pokemon there. Once I'm done with that, I'll almost certainly get back into competitive pokemon. And every time a new piece of Pokemon Sun/Moon news drops, I'll be sure to post here. I've already been checking the main site for news daily.

I know I've had some serious activity issues in the past, but that's because I was trying to force myself to be active during a time when pokemon was slipping away from my interest. Now it's been on the front of my mind for weeks, and I can guarantee you at least half a year of activity. I've got a pokemon-catching marathon ahead of me, and I'd love to have a place to post about it. I'll definitely be active for at least half a year, minimum.

Oh, and btw, I never completed my national dex, even before I lost all my data. I gave up years ago. But hey, I'm on such a roll now, I can't help but feel optimistic.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Have ya'll heard about them leaks. Seems pretty legit on what is in it.

Which leaks? There's a buncha leaks! Dex leak? Dunno about it. Alolan Meowth? It's funny.

Oh few this place is still alive. And MetalSonic is still here to, thank goodness for that.

Hey guys, guess who's finally getting back into Pokemon after, like, the longest hiatus ever?
tumblr_inline_o19siyqOQG1qfvvzi_500.png

I see I was kicked out from inactivity. I figured that'd happen. Rule 11 says I should get to keep all of my battles points if I rejoin, but I only had 8 anyway, so I don't care about losing them. I've been in the mood for a fresh start for some time now.

PO/PS Name?: Zachmac (With other variations)
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A
Why do you want to join?: I'm a returning member, and I love this guild.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: 0
Battling Experience?: I'm pretty rusty these days, but I have years of experience behind me. I actually started competitive Pokemon in elementary school of all times, and I played it all the way through middle school and my freshman year of high school. To put that in perspective, I'm heading off to college now.
Referrer?: N/A

To those of you who remember me, I had a lot of activity issues as Pokemon started to slip away from my interest. I couldn't bring myself to play it competitively anymore. Eventually I just stopped coming to this thread altogether. But now I'm back, and I'm going to be here for a while, and I'm extremely confident I'm going to be able to remain active now.

You see, a couple months ago, my 3DS broke from water damage. That wouldn't be a huge problem, but bought both Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire digitally, and when your 3DS can't work, you can't save any of it's save data. My entire collection of pokemon, gone in less then a day. But I didn't take it so badly. Sun and Moon is coming just around the corner, and I've challenged myself to obtain one of each pokemon, entirely from scratch, before the game launches in November. I started on Friday, and I'm on a roll. In just a couple days, I already caught 111 individual species of Pokemon - that's roughly 15%. Then when Sun and Moon finally release, I'm going to catch every new pokemon there. Once I'm done with that, I'll almost certainly get back into competitive pokemon. And every time a new piece of Pokemon Sun/Moon news drops, I'll be sure to post here. I've already been checking the main site for news daily.

I know I've had some serious activity issues in the past, but that's because I was trying to force myself to be active during a time when pokemon was slipping away from my interest. Now it's been on the front of my mind for weeks, and I can guarantee you at least half a year of activity. I've got a pokemon-catching marathon ahead of me, and I'd love to have a place to post about it. I'll definitely be active for at least half a year, minimum.

Oh, and btw, I never completed my national dex, even before I lost all my data. I gave up years ago. But hey, I'm on such a roll now, I can't help but feel optimistic.

YEE

So glad to have you back, Zach! Had a bit of a hard time takin you off the list due to inactivity, personally, but I figured you had simply moved on based from what had happened and what you told me. My 3DS got watered a couple months back to. -_-

Welcome back though! If you wanna talk about anything, dont hesitate to VM, ok?
I'll break you in with 8 since that's the rule I wrote! Or unless you really want to be fresh? We gotta new chat to. I'll PM it to you.

Also i'll write up the CCAT tonight. Sorry dudes, been a bit busy. We got a Klefki in as a shoe in though!

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Have ya'll heard about them leaks. Seems pretty legit on what is in it.

Seriously, a haunted pile of sand and a haunted sand castle? This generation keeps getting worse and worse!

Alolan marowak yes pls.

Yowashi is now at the top of my list behind tapu as coolest new poke :)

Zachmac

So glad to have you back, Zach! Had a bit of a hard time takin you off the list due to inactivity, personally, but I figured you had simply moved on based from what had happened and what you told me. My 3DS got watered a couple months back to. -_-
Last time we talked was way back in February. I did move on for a while. Pokemon just stopped being that fun to me for a time.

I'm not hurt or upset that I was removed at all. Rules are rules, and I was overdue on my activity post by over half a year.
Welcome back though! If you wanna talk about anything, dont hesitate to VM, ok?
I'll break you in with 8 since that's the rule I wrote! Or unless you really want to be fresh? We gotta new chat to. I'll PM it to you.
I don't want to make this any more complicated than it needs to be. If it's fine to stick with 8, I'll go ahead and stick with 8.

I actually haven't slept in over 24 hours, so I'm a little out of it right now.

Last edited:

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
sand castle ones are actually really cool, ngl.
bewear's pre-evo is nice, as is alolan marowak (can't say meowth is too appealing).

this more or less breaks the dex leak, but that's not entirely unexpected.

Garlneil

Which leaks? There's a buncha leaks! Dex leak? Dunno about it. Alolan Meowth? It's funny.

Mostly the dex leak and the final evo of the starters. Litten go screwed but if the way they say the island effect them it can be saved.

Zachmac

If that leak is true - which it looks like it is - there's a apparently a fair chance Litten will be a Fire/Dark instead of Fire/Fighting. It's apparently described to pull dirty tricks, such as spitting fire in its opponent's face.

Since the dark type is the "evil" type in Japanese, the description and color scheme says Litten is going to be a dark type, even if its bulky figure says fighting.

VOTour2.png

Credit to American-Pi

Welcome to the VO Randbats Tournament!

Rules:
All Battles must be done over Pokemon Online or Pokemonshowdown.
If a D/C happens early game, both players will replay doing the same moves.
If a clear winner can't be decided when a D/C happens late game, then both players will replay their game.
Fellow all general Serebii Rules.
All battles will be best of 5.
Each round will be one week, no extensions will be provided.
All matches must be confirmed.
All Matches must be posted with the proper form

Prizes:
TBA

Signing up:
Post the following form:

HTML:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Registered PS/PO Name:[/B]
[B]Timezone:[/B]

Participants:
1) Eliteknight [Guardian Of Auir]
2) Doctor_DraX [Doctor∑DraX²]
3) sanae [sohei]
4) Garlneil [Garlneil]
5) MetalSonic [lunasena]
6) Lugia-sama [Arum-san]
7)
8)

Battle form:
HTML:
[B]Randbats Tournament Battle:[/b]
Opponents Name:
Game 1 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 2 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 3 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 4 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 5 (W/D/L: Score):
Bracket:

Deadline:
Sign Ups: August 14th at 10PM GMT-7 - If 8 people do not sign up this tournament will be canceled

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
metalsonic%20manaphy%20banner%20png_zpsd2mrtm53.png

credits to American-Pi

manaphy.gif

Manaphy w/ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

OK so why Calm Mind over Tail Glow?

The +1 SpDef coupled with physdef investment allows Manaphy to beat these Pokemon after 1 Calm Mind:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 125-148 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Rain Dance prevents a second before you can recover, forces the switch
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 134-160 (33.1 - 39.6%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 151-178 (37.3 - 44%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Meh
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 79.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 133-156 (32.9 - 38.6%) -- 2.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
68 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You get the point. Manaphy has the opportunity to switch in and set up on a lot of mons such as Hippowdon, Lando-T (physdef), Tyranitar, Scizor, Heatran, etc. Once it gets up a Calm Mind it can only be stalled or beaten by Serperior, Electric Types, Volcanion, Unaware Clef, Chansey hax, and it will die if you play it poorly. Fortunately, teams have more than one Pokemon. Scald in the Rain with a chance to burn becomes frustrating, especially because Calm Mind also grants a SpAtt boost. Rain Dance is also frustrating for sand teams, because they won't be able to keep their sand up for long. This set works well with sand against opposing rain teams. 16 Speed outspeeds Adamant Bisharp. Other mons should be able to beat water-resists (Dragon, Grass, Water, Water Absorb) A good option is Ferrothorn because it resists those three types and can live longer under rain with weakened Fire attacks, Tornadus-T can use rain and power through M-Venusaur, Amoonguss, Celebi, and Serperior. If you use sand, Hippo+Drill is good for Electric types such as Manectric.

This loses to Volcanion 1v1 :(

amoonguss.gif

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

Suggesting Amoongus as it is the only partner Manaphy will ever really need. An electric type came in to volt switch out on Manaphy before it boosted? Amoongus eats that for breakfast and comes out healthier than ever switching out of their switch in. Opposing Serperior thinks they can set up? Clear smog them and laugh. Afraid a Mega Bro might set up with you? Swap 4 hp evs to speed, spore, clear smog, giga, and have a giggle m8 as they complain about losing every speed tie. Amoongus also beats the strongest pokemon in the tier, Clefable. And you can never have enough Clefable checks or counters.

manectric-mega.gif

Manectric w/Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod > Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flamethrower
-Thunder

Mega Manectric is one of the biggest threats in OU due to it's insane speed tier, it's ability being intimidate, and it's sheer power. Few things can switch into a M-Mane safely, but Manaphy usually takes care of the biggest offensive threats like Sand Rush Excadrill and Tyranitar. M-Mane is also one of the best Volcanion counters, which our Manaphy has nothing to hit it with. Seeing as how we'll have Rain Dance on the team, Thunder over Thunderbolt seems logical, it deals a bunch of damage and has 100% accuracy in rain. Lightning Rod Mane is perfect for expecting Pokemon like Rotom-W or Magnezone to Volt Switch on Manaphy in order to grab that great 1.5x SpAtk boost. Volt Switch is for switching out on Pokemon we can't do much to, or just to finish off a Poke and switch in safely to a different Pokemon. Flamethrower is the usual coverage move on M-Mane that destroys defensive threats like Skarm, Scizor, and Ferrothorn. HP Ice allows M-Mane to take care of most of it's own threats itself like Lando-T, Garchomp, and Gliscor.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / U-Turn
- Stone Edge

A ground immune and rocks right quick is somethin that'd be good for the team, I think. Soooo here's OU's finest; Landorus-T!
Forms a nice little intimidate core with mega mane as well as just being a nice part of the defensive core. Only thing that appreciates intimi cores are Bisharp so we should watch out for that. If need be, this lando can take Knock at +1 though. Rocky Helmet punishes things that would hate to make contact with it like U-Turn/Fake Out but if you'd like a bit of longevity Leftovers could be more your style. I like SD to help power through bulkier teams which is muy appreciated for things like Chansey, Clef, Ferro, Tangrowth, Amoongus, all things that can potentially give our team some trouble as well as giving us another powerful answer to bulky teams with EdgeQuake coverage making opponents hard pressed to switch into anything. However, depending on how things go from here, we can just go the standard U-Turn route to help preserve momentum as per usual.

707.gif

Klefki w Leftovers / Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Rain Dance
- Foul Play

Suggesting Klefki, very good for latis, a good weavile check, takes m-garde hits pretty well and isn't completely murdered by bisharp, prankster twave is good, slows down scarfers and set up mons, etc, takes all except ep from kb, pretty much walls venusaur.

Spikes limit switchins and this comes in on any Lati Defog anyway, Twave is for set up mons, scarf/fast mons in general, foul play is also for set up mons, doing damage to lati for more spike stacking, etc, toxic is good for damage but perhaps rain dance with damp rock to improve the rain aspect idk, didn't put magnet rise since we have defensive lando in the back

The Klefki to victory joins our team! With its key immunity to dragon spam and priority T-Wave to help lock down any faster out-of-hand threats, this little guy can deffo help to ensure that victory will be a little harder to steal from a team like this!

Ok enough with the key puns, Klefki is a really nice check to things like Kyurem-B, Lati@s, Weavile, and even cheeky Bisharp with our Foul Play. Spikes can be essential in the long game where you'd like to punish switches or even force a Defog or Rapid Spin as well as putting things in range of our teams' other attacks. Foul Play can punish, harshly, physical attackers. Toxic can limit a mons' survibability which may help us in a pinch, and the option of Rain Dance/Damp Rock is there for an even more straightforward approach to assisting Manaphy. Klefki just generally helps up a bunch against the more offensive match-ups as well with its nice ability and even nicer, everfeared, T-Wave.

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

UNO MAS
That's right, one more mon to wrap things up!
So what'll it be, dudes? What do you think can help glue our team together as solidly as possible the most? Whatever it may be, think hard on what the team lacks the most and what your potential mon may be able to cover.

August 13'th 12:00 AM CMT
I'll try and be a lil more timely.

ALSO RIP
Guild Tournaments Section

;_;7

No worries, we're movin the tournas here! I already took the stuff we may need in the future from there.
What you do gotta worry about is signin up though! The Randos Tourna is still needin peeps to join.

And don't forget about the OU tourna. Those of you who still need to face off, do just that timely! It's been needin to get done for a bit of a while. ^^​

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Hi I'm back

What's been happening? Everybody moving to Canada yet?

Zachmac

I've made a ton of progress in Alpha Sapphire, so I decided to start my Y save file and start catching Pokemon that can't be found in that game there. Where did all these Pokemon species come from? Jeeze, all those Ultra Balls have been pricey enough in Hoen, and that's been with me spending minimal money on medicine and secret base supplies. I'm worried I won't be able to afford my trainer some nice clothes.

Ooh, is our CCAT rain dance? Looks like we could have a VoltTurn core in there if we wanted to. I'm so rusty at team building I probably won't make the best recommendation as far as team coverage goes, but I'll throw one out there just because it looks like a good idea at first glance.

641-therian.gif

Tornadus-T @ Damp Rock
Ability: Regenerate
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Rain Dance

We've got a potential VoltTurn core going on with Landy and Manetric, so why not throw in Landy's old butty Tornadus-T? Hurricane, like Thunder, never misses in rain. Focus Blast and Superpower both provide coverage, and either one is viable. Regenerate makes U-turn an excellent move, as you pretty much get a free heal every time you use it. Knock Off is a standard Smogon move, but I didn't include Taunt since we've already got Manaphy for stall breaking. Rain Dance allows Hurricane and Thunder to always hit and covers Amoongus's and Klefki's fire weakness, so it's always good to have that move set up when you can.

In terms of team synergy, Tornadus-T can lure out common electric types such as scarf Rotom-W or a Thunderus who wants to T-wave it, than pull a hard swap out to Manetric to feed lighting rod before it mega evolves. We've also got Stealth Rock and Spikes support on our team, so a volt turn core can cause some serious damage if it gets the hold of the offensive pressure.

Normally this would be a life orb set up, but without defog or rapid spin on our team, I'm not sure if we could really afford it. Thankfully regenerate can protect Tornady-T from wearing itself out from repeating VoltTurning. On that note, if we stick with this set, we might want to consider Leftovers on Landy-T as well, to help make up for the lack of defog support.

In the past I'd make a list of relevant threats this mon covers, but I can't tell at a glance anymore since I'm just so out of practice. It's just been so long since I've made a competitive team.
What's been happening? Everybody moving to Canada yet?
It'll take more than a loud-mouth yungoose to chase me out of the country.
628.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.