• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
and my vote will go for audino.

can't wait for pokemon s&m, hopefully amazon'll even ship early on accident

I'm watching you >.>

Why do I feel like this wouldn't be the first pawniard ccat here?

Zachmac

can't wait for pokemon s&m, hopefully amazon'll even ship early on accident
I'm pretty much going crazy over those games now.
My little mission to catch, breed and evolve one of each pokemon before the game comes out is only just barely able to hold back my excitement.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
so the news today imo was the first of the worst

pulverizing pancake?

what's next for pokemon? wombo combo waffle?

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
don't think i'm a huge fan of z-moves. another item lock is kinda annoying, now with only one move on one pokemon? megas were enough for me.
plus, as cool as the animations are, they're sorta long.
but honestly, my only other complaint would be the changing of the storyline formula (from what i can gather, no gyms/e4).
other than that the games look super solid. much more open world with the gridding movement gone (and semi-proportionate people), which is neato.

AnakBaé

Some feedbacks I have on the latest reveals so far:

• Instead of calling these new forms "Alolan forms", they could've listed them as "subspecies". This would open up new possibilities for upcoming gens and remakes to develop new typing of the same pokemon -- while still retaining a sense of consistency. Imagine, if they were doing 8th gen someday and wished to implement this new typing to older pokemon that would appear in that game, what would they call them? "Alolan forms that went astray to a new region"? Gimme a break!

• Z-moves? Yeah whatever -- how powerful though? Powerful enough to guarantee a kill in one match? Powerful enough to one shot a gym leader's ace pokemon? If that's the case then that's one lame addition. I used to buy these games for some sort of challenge, but now it's all about that flashy overpowered moves with all that glorious "oohs and "aahs" things that never fail to blow away consumers' spinal cord (Pulverizing Pancake just confirmed it -- as retarded as it sounds. I knew someone who passionately said that Pulverizing Pancake is the best move name ever given in the franchise and I am sure I ain't gonna talk to him no more.)

Competitively speaking however, assuming that it's a pseudo-ohko move, I can imagine the thrill of seeing players being paranoid on which Pokemon has the Z-move and which of their pokemon will be pulverized by it.

• Seriously though, they need to implement personal or convenient facial expressions. I know that it's a game centered around flowers, rainbows, and pinstripes, but if you order your Fire Pokemon to blast a gargantuan nuclear-sized fireball to something like a Parasect, then it's a guaranteed murder and having a smily face like this during the process would convince me that you need a trip to a local psychiatry.

• I heard from a few sources of speculation that Gyms could be replaced by Island Challenges, which can be completed through unorthodox means such as requests or some bounty hunting sort of thing. I don't know the legitimacy behind the info, but I would find that quite refreshing.

That will do. I still even deciding on whether I'm getting the game or not. I do enjoy seeing new designs and interfaces, but perhaps I've aged out the mechanical and narrative aspects of this game lol. We will see.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Pokemon is SILLY
but not in a bad way

Looks like Audino took it!
I g-gotta buncha pawniard teams anyways..

Hope to see a bunch more suggestions and votes on the next round. I'll see if I can write it up today, but I'm traveling a bit right now.

Pulverizing pancake, dudes. This ones gonna be super special!

Zachmac

(Pulverizing Pancake just confirmed it -- as retarded as it sounds. I knew someone who passionately said that Pulverizing Pancake is the best move name ever given in the franchise and I am sure I ain't gonna talk to him no more.)
I agree with that person's opinion - that is the best move name ever.

I guess this means we can't talk either.

AnakBaé

I agree with that person's opinion - that is the best move name ever.

I guess this means we can't talk either.

Nah, you're fine. That person had histories of cringe-worthy moments of embarrassments and that Pancake was the last straw.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

MetalSonic%20audino%20banner%20png_zpsndcoky7q.png

credits to American-Pi

audino_by_pokemon3dsprites-d9ru0yn.gif

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Double-Edge
- Encore / Thunder Wave / Heal Bell

suggesting the best special tank and wish passer in PU
So this is p basic Audino in PU. It's by far the best Wish passer in the tier due to having Regenerator and high HP and defenses. Wishtect is almost always going to be on this guy, Double-Edge is it's best move by far and since it's attacks stats are an even 60/60 you can use attack just as well as special attack. It can be used to finish off less bulky/frail Pokemon or you can trick an opponent into thinking you'll wishtect or switch the next turn and BAM. Double-Edged like that. Encore is to provide safer switch-in opportunities by predicting status moves or the like, slashed Heal Bell for the amazing party status heal and Toxic for those pesky sashed Shedinjas, or to just whittle down an opponents HP/status them if you can't hit them, it's especially good against Dusclops/Dusknoir. Overall, working around Audino is quite easy due to it's Normal type and superb defensive abilities, with no Megas in this tier, there's not much to worry about. Especially since Machoke just got the banhammer. The only other Fighting type is Monferno, and it doesn't see too much use due to being hella frail. Other than that we'll need a Pokemon to break through Pokemon like Probopass and Mawile who totally wall and counter our lovely little nurse.

Time to make some noise, but not too much, or you'll wake the neighbors, cause Audino's makin its presence known! A peculiar little mon with a support movepool out the wazoo. It's wishpassing tendencies make it very appreciable among walls begging for some sort of recovery as its large wishes can give said walls a new lease on life. Not just walls though, offensive mons as well to keep them ready and rarin to battle. Wishtect is the standard amongst most wishers to ensure they themselves stay alive but Audino is one of the lucky few who has access to Regenerator as well as Wish so sometimes it won't even need to Wish to gain back neccesary HP.
No I in team though, so let's get 5 other dudes on this team and on the way to victory! Suggest who you think should come onto the team next! Maybe a nice defensive core going or a mon to immediately take care of Audinos offensive threats? Audino does have her straight counters so do refer to Errons explanations for an idea as to what to look out for! Maybe do some diggin yourself in the rankings to see what we may see more of?

PU Viability Rankings

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Double-Edge
- Encore

nominees for second team member shall end
September 5'th 12:00 PM CMT

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn

Provides Defog support and has some nice defensive synergy with Audino. Audino sponges all the Volt Switches and Tbolts that are sure to target Pelipper (from Rotom, Zebstrika, Electrode, etc.) while Pelipper can switch into Fighting moves (thought it has to be wary of TPunch from Monferno although TPunch isn't that common oddly enough) and Scald rock/steel types (can also spread burns). U-turn from a slow mon gives switch initiative as well, which can come in handy. Roost is self-explanatory.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
stunfisk.gif

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Speakin of pulverized pancakes, here comes PU's premier physical wall; Stunfisk! The EV spread is for an odd number of HP and the speed is to outspeed Hippopotas by 2 points. Really feelin Stunfisk would work great with Audino as she can take on the special moves that would really threaten Stunfisks' safety and Stunfisk can soak up physical attacks such as Monfernos Close Combat, Dodrios Brave Birds, and the like and threaten them with the Static chance. Which is especially important as anything physical will be especially reluctant to click an offensive move with the paralysis chance lurking. A rocker, Discharge to further increase para chances and and Earth Power to round out coverage for opposing Electric types, Steel types, and Rock types especially for Audino. Toxic can work extremely well with Audinos wishing for obvious reasons. Really, i'd say both of them form a pretty unique defensive core. You'd be surprised at just how tanky this flapjack is.

MetalSonic%20audino%20banner%20v2%20png_zps2ixa3j5l.png

MetalSonic%20audino%20banner%20png_zpsndcoky7q.png

Im torn, which one do yall like better? Top or bottom? Credits to American-Pi and his coolio art shop by the way!​

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Kadabra @Life Orb
Magic Guard
Timid Nature
252 Sp Atk 252 Spe 4 Sp Def
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Kadabra is a very great special attacker despite being not fully evolved. Timid nature means we can outspeed most of the Pokemon in the tier, Magic Guard + Life Orb combo is a must have on this fella, as you get the boosted damage with no recoil! Psychic/Psyshock are standard STAB and it really depends on what you prefer, both are situational though as one hits based on Def and the other on Sp Def! Shadow Ball allows us to hit Ghost types like Misdreavus and Psychic types like Grumpig and Beheeyem super effectively, which are some Pokemon Kadabra has trouble with. Energy Ball is a great coverage move which allows us to hit more defensive Pokemon in PU like Lapras or Dewgong, while hitting offensive ones like Floatzel, Kingler, and Basculin even harder. Dazzling gleam gives us coverage over Dark and Dragon, which allows us to threaten Pokemon like Altaria, Cacturne, and Vullaby. Kadabra gives us a lot of coverage against the commonly used Pokemon in PU, if we go with it, all we really have to worry about are Pokemon like Mawile and Bastiodon.

Zerogoki

I'll share one of my favs with you guys.
furfrou.gif

Emo Doge (Furfrou) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Rest
- Roar
- Secret Power/Headbutt

The perfect wall for defensive attacks, since audino will be the SDef wall.
This emo doge can resist a lot of pain, and without fighting stab attacks its almost imposible to beat with physical attacks, unless the opponent boost itself, but for that we have Roar.

If the opponent only have Physical attackers left, this doge can just boost with Cotton Guard and wait for the rocky helmet to do the dirty work, roaring from time to time to avoid boosting(just in case of a critical hit or something like that, as i said its almost impossible to beat this doggo without fighting stab moves)
Rest just to heal in case of being a bit lower of hp (and for the lolz) and of course for status cure( the opponent WILL try to poison this dude when he realises that its a ****ing indestructible wall)
In some extreme cases, rest serve for the PP stall too (wich is kinda disgusting but win battles sometimes) specially if rocky helmet is "knoffed".

This set works awesome when the opponent field is mined (stealth rock or spikes or whatever) because you can destroy teams just roaring. Also the set works extremely well if the opponent is poisoned or burned(burn halves attack but poison is faster in lowering hp)

For the last move this pokemon have a lot of options, i prefer Secret Power for the stab and the paralysis 30% chance, but it depends on the other teams members sets too.
I mean, if we are running toxic or WoW, i prefer that extra damage over the paralysis and in that case i prefer Headbutt for the stab and the flinch chance.
But this monstah have some other interesting options for this last spot, like u-turn, wild charge ,zen headbutt, etc
Actually i would have suggested this pokemon as the first one for the team but i was not in time :c

One last thing, this is not any furfrou. This is EmoDoge, dont forget it.

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Randbats Tournament Battle
Opponents Name: Zachmac
Game 1 (W/D/L: Score): L 0-2
Game 2 (W/D/L: Score): L 0-2
Game 3 (W/D/L: Score): L 0-2
Game 4 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 5 (W/D/L: Score):

Zachmac

^Confirming.

When I entered this tourny, I really didn't expect to do so well. I have like no idea what I'm doing in Ranbats, I just keep remaining undefeated mostly just because of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.