• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Thanks everyone for particpatin in the Randos tour! Ive added up points accordingly and Rank Ups i'll be announcing later on as per usual! They have been updated in my signature spreadsheet though so check if you want!

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Some feedbacks I have on the latest reveals so far:

[*]Instead of calling these new forms "Alolan forms", they could've listed them as "subspecies". This would open up new possibilities for upcoming gens and remakes to develop new typing of the same pokemon -- while still retaining a sense of consistency. Imagine, if they were doing 8th gen someday and wished to implement this new typing to older pokemon that would appear in that game, what would they call them? "Alolan forms that went astray to a new region"? Gimme a break!

I mean... they could just call it *Region X* form. Doesn't sound too different from something like Canadian Geese or American Eagle or the Royal Bengal Tiger or African Elephant or Turkey (lol)

.....uh, what

Listen to a true god, vote gen 4 ou

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Hey who's my opponent for ou Tour?

See this? True gospel, instead of looking up the information himself he merely asked the heavens

I am.
Whenever you can.

And the heavens sent him a true disciple who could have tried for their only chance at a win by going for the activity win but they instead chose to fight the pure fury of god ptz. Truly admirable courage they have shown

Also, real talk, when is the last time someone saw Breloom? I felt like I hadn't seen one since the musketeers were released but today I ran into a toxic heal loom and it blew my mind. I remember 4th gen and very early 5th gen I was always super worried about it

Zachmac

I'm literally just a single Regigigas away from completing my national dex. Wow, catching them all was actually a lot easier than I expected. I don't know why I gave up on it so long ago.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
The **** is this thing

ub-01.png

Also, real talk, when is the last time someone saw Breloom? I felt like I hadn't seen one since the musketeers were released but today I ran into a toxic heal loom and it blew my mind. I remember 4th gen and very early 5th gen I was always super worried about it

I rarely see it on the ladder, might've seen it once like several weeks ago

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
The **** is this thing

ub-01.png

I rarely see it on the ladder, might've seen it once like several weeks ago

that's 100% the lillie girl and the new team revealed today is going to end up being the villains calling it now (this thread is pretty interesting)

jangmo-o and type:null are both p cool

does it seem like they're trying to add too many things into s&m or is that just me?

Last edited:

Zachmac

I'm a huge fan of Type: Null. I kind of wish it had a real name, but at the same time, not having a real name is kind of a novelty.
that's 100% the lillie girl and the new team revealed today is going to end up being the villains calling it now (this thread is pretty interesting)
I didn't see the Jellyfish thing's resemblance to Lillie at first glance, but after reading its description, it became pretty obvious to me.
And I agree that those Aether people have got to be the real bad guys. Team Skull doesn't seem big and ambitious enough to have any huge plans. They're just some gang of thugs.
does it seem like they're trying to add too many things into s&m or is that just me?
On the flip side, Pokemon has long been criticized for not mixing up the formula enough.
Pokemon was getting kind of stale for me. I'm getting really excited by all these huge new things.

Last edited:

AnakBaé

jangmo-o and type:null are both p cool

Interesting. Just a prediction o' mine: I'm calling Lillie as some sort of a traitor who escaped from the foundation to directly study Pokemon -- as opposed to staying in the foundation and studying countless cruel and fail DNA experimentation on Pokemon (quite possibly for power, hence why she 'dislikes' battling.)

Considering the fact that she dislikes battling, her possibility for being a rival is null and is therefore useless in obvious ways (Bianca was useless, but still battles occasionally). That leaves her with this possibility: her role in the game will be actively or indirectly assisting/informing the player about ways to defeat the foundation and and unraveling secrets about DNA tranfusion and UB Pokemon. And since the spies/traitors always die -- assuming that this is the role she is playing -- she will die too. Who knows, she might get herself eaten by the UB-01 due to a possibility of it owning much greater control of Lillie's power (or to make up for its lacking in human intelligence: eating Lillie will grant it humanity and reason to make itself whole again). ...I may be going too far with the 'eating' part lol

I'm a huge fan of Type: Null. I kind of wish it had a real name, but at the same time, not having a real name is kind of a novelty.
I didn't see the Jellyfish thing's resemblance to Lillie at first glance, but after reading its description, it became pretty obvious to me.
And I agree that those Aether people have got to be the real bad guys. Team Skull doesn't seem big and ambitious enough to have any huge plans. They're just some gang of thugs.
On the flip side, Pokemon has long been criticized for not mixing up the formula enough.
Pokemon was getting kind of stale for me. I'm getting really excited by all these huge new things.

Yeah, Team Skull seems like nothing but a scapegoat to create a false-suspicion to divert attention; the archetype bad guys or thugs you see on street whose goals are obvious (money and power) and are the go-to blame for all the crimes in the city. These white uniformed guys are the real deal; they lie; they conspire; their research and plans could cover multitudes of groundbreaking atrocity as opposed to some emo shady guys stealing children's pocket money.

Oh ye, I'm getting this game. I like where this is going *-*

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
i can see what you mean by stale. personally, i've always adored the gyms and elite four storyline, as each region had their own touches on everything. even if not every leader stood out, i still very much enjoyed it as a whole. but now it feels like they're trying to shake a whole lot of things up at once? and it seems a bit too unfocused, at least to me.
to each their own :>

already preordered both versions anyway, and i don't plan on cancelling regardless of what gets announced.

VO-TourTime.png

Due to lack of completion the VO OU tournament has been cancelled. Another tournament will be Scheduled in the near future

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
BAM

Please be sure to see those commitments through, yall.

~~~

VO PU CCAT VOTIN TIME

MetalSonic%20audino%20banner%20v2%20png_zps2ixa3j5l.png

credits to American-Pi

We got 4 that's right, count em, 4 nominations for second spot on this team after Audino! Here's them in no particular order, please do check their sets on the last page cause phoneposting from a dated phone in a bumpy car is lame. ~n~

pelipper.gif

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn

Provides Defog support and has some nice defensive synergy with Audino. Audino sponges all the Volt Switches and Tbolts that are sure to target Pelipper (from Rotom, Zebstrika, Electrode, etc.) while Pelipper can switch into Fighting moves (thought it has to be wary of TPunch from Monferno although TPunch isn't that common oddly enough) and Scald rock/steel types (can also spread burns). U-turn from a slow mon gives switch initiative as well, which can come in handy. Roost is self-explanatory.

064.gif

Kadabra @Life Orb
Magic Guard
Timid Nature
252 Sp Atk 252 Spe 4 Sp Def
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Kadabra is a very great special attacker despite being not fully evolved. Timid nature means we can outspeed most of the Pokemon in the tier, Magic Guard + Life Orb combo is a must have on this fella, as you get the boosted damage with no recoil! Psychic/Psyshock are standard STAB and it really depends on what you prefer, both are situational though as one hits based on Def and the other on Sp Def! Shadow Ball allows us to hit Ghost types like Misdreavus and Psychic types like Grumpig and Beheeyem super effectively, which are some Pokemon Kadabra has trouble with. Energy Ball is a great coverage move which allows us to hit more defensive Pokemon in PU like Lapras or Dewgong, while hitting offensive ones like Floatzel, Kingler, and Basculin even harder. Dazzling gleam gives us coverage over Dark and Dragon, which allows us to threaten Pokemon like Altaria, Cacturne, and Vullaby. Kadabra gives us a lot of coverage against the commonly used Pokemon in PU, if we go with it, all we really have to worry about are Pokemon like Mawile and Bastiodon.

676_furfrou_shiny_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hlac9.gif

Emo Doge (Furfrou) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Rest
- Roar
- Secret Power/Headbutt

The perfect wall for defensive attacks, since audino will be the SDef wall.
This emo doge can resist a lot of pain, and without fighting stab attacks its almost imposible to beat with physical attacks, unless the opponent boost itself, but for that we have Roar.

If the opponent only have Physical attackers left, this doge can just boost with Cotton Guard and wait for the rocky helmet to do the dirty work, roaring from time to time to avoid boosting(just in case of a critical hit or something like that, as i said its almost impossible to beat this doggo without fighting stab moves)
Rest just to heal in case of being a bit lower of hp (and for the lolz) and of course for status cure( the opponent WILL try to poison this dude when he realises that its a ****ing indestructible wall)
In some extreme cases, rest serve for the PP stall too (wich is kinda disgusting but win battles sometimes) specially if rocky helmet is "knoffed".

This set works awesome when the opponent field is mined (stealth rock or spikes or whatever) because you can destroy teams just roaring. Also the set works extremely well if the opponent is poisoned or burned(burn halves attack but poison is faster in lowering hp)

For the last move this pokemon have a lot of options, i prefer Secret Power for the stab and the paralysis 30% chance, but it depends on the other teams members sets too.
I mean, if we are running toxic or WoW, i prefer that extra damage over the paralysis and in that case i prefer Headbutt for the stab and the flinch chance.
But this monstah have some other interesting options for this last spot, like u-turn, wild charge ,zen headbutt, etc
Actually i would have suggested this pokemon as the first one for the team but i was not in time :c

stunfisk.gif

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Speakin of pulverized pancakes, here comes PU's premier physical wall; Stunfisk! The EV spread is for an odd number of HP and the speed is to outspeed Hippopotas by 2 points. Really feelin Stunfisk would work great with Audino as she can take on the special moves that would really threaten Stunfisks' safety and Stunfisk can soak up physical attacks such as Monfernos Close Combat, Dodrios Brave Birds, and the like and threaten them with the Static chance. Which is especially important as anything physical will be especially reluctant to click an offensive move with the paralysis chance lurking. A rocker, Discharge to further increase para chances and and Earth Power to round out coverage for opposing Electric types, Steel types, and Rock types especially for Audino. Toxic can work extremely well with Audinos wishing for obvious reasons. Really, i'd say both of them form a pretty unique defensive core. You'd be surprised at just how tanky this flapjack is.​
And here they are! The fancy four. Quite the turnout for second team members so let's get on it!
Pelliper the very common PU team staple for its fantastic typing in Water/Flying, surprising 70/100/ physical defenses, and access to Defog in order to help us keep hazards out and away. Resisting Audinos only weakness is a nice plus as well. Scald is also the best move in the game as you all know! Enter Kadabra, PU's magic bullet! Got some coverage you think it deserves? It probably learns it. Its base 95 spe outspeeds a nice chunk of the tier and its 120 Sp.Atk make it an excellent revenge killer. Couple that with a Life Orb or even Focus Sash and it can make a nice check to a lot of things as well as taking out the opps team before they know it. Furfrous the daintiest dog. Think you're taking it out with physical attacks? Nah. After 2 Cotton Guards and coupled with Fur Coat it becomes quite the imposing physical wall. It may phaze after its done or even before depending with Roar and whittle opponents with its Normal coverage. Stunfisk does its job pretty well. Status upon status and rocks is very well appreciated. It's bulk is not to be underestimated as well and wish support can only keep em healthy and ready to status anything, as can the Wish support for most things here in the nominees! All are explained well enough within the suggestions explanations so read above on any you're interested in.

Voting shall end for this round on!
September 10'th 12:00 AM CMT

I'll write rank ups once somethins up and ready for em

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.