• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerogoki

Interesting, i really like doing tricky sets.
And i appreciate the "above 1400 points" rule, it means the lures must be of a high level to actually work.
I love this idea, i'm really pumped right now :)

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
i'm feelin' part water for new dugtrio? seems like a surfbro vibe from him
anyone else give up on being spoiler-free and look through the full dex/all that jazz? some p cool stuff in there

voting for rule 34 mon
venusaur not cute enough tbh

that wimpod evo is somethin else
i cant believe they gave pichu a mega to!

Also, there's currently a tie between Gardevoir and Dragonite. Who's gonna break it? The round shall be extended to...
October 23'rd 12:00 PM UTC -6

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Ok here is a little update on my or run

Team
Meta the Mighty enabled lvl 19
Soyna the Ralts lvl 18
Norma the Combusken lvl 21
Ran the Shroomish lvl 22

We collected 2 badges already and are about to get the third I am just doing a little training and catching. My goal is to have a fully evolved dragon type on my team and have a gold rating for catching all the pokemon in a area

Zachmac

I'm not joining the tricky treats challenge, but it does remind me of a time where I tried to experiment with damage calcs for a fairy-luring Hydreigon. The results were sub-par, though, so I decided against making a team around it. Unfortunately a lot of fairies just have too high special defense for Flash Canon to reliably take care of.

I used scarf Hydreigon back in the days of BW, so I'm always looking for reasons to use it. I tend to favor pokemon I used back then a lot, actually. Zoroark is another one I'm always trying to fit into teams, although I barely ever find a reason to actually use it. I used it to bait out Ferrothorns and Skarmories using its illusion and take them out with Flamethrower.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ok here is a little update on my or run

Team
Meta the Mighty enabled lvl 19
Soyna the Ralts lvl 18
Norma the Combusken lvl 21
Ran the Shroomish lvl 22

We collected 2 badges already and are about to get the third I am just doing a little training and catching. My goal is to have a fully evolved dragon type on my team and have a gold rating for catching all the pokemon in a area

Haha nick, seeing you doin a Nuzlocke brings back a lot of painful memories! If you get a seedot/nuzleaf pls do name it John Locke.

I'm not joining the tricky treats challenge, but it does remind me of a time where I tried to experiment with damage calcs for a fairy-luring Hydreigon. The results were sub-par, though, so I decided against making a team around it. Unfortunately a lot of fairies just have too high special defense for Flash Canon to reliably take care of.

I used scarf Hydreigon back in the days of BW, so I'm always looking for reasons to use it. I tend to favor pokemon I used back then a lot, actually. Zoroark is another one I'm always trying to fit into teams, although I barely ever find a reason to actually use it. I used it to bait out Ferrothorns and Skarmories using its illusion and take them out with Flamethrower.

Oh but Flash Cannon is still quite usable to snipe the more defensive Clefable! Even the standard defensive Clefable is 2HKO'd on the switch by LO Timid, and they do so love to switch into Hydreigon. It's a perfectly good lure! Though, some'll be wary about it. You may have tested it during the Sylveon meta, Sylveon has a much better chance of living even with a phys defensive spread. You should try it again for sure, especially since Hydreigon is such a good balance breaker. Try Superpower on it while you're at it.

hey guys, did you know this page ?
http://pyrotoz.com/
i just found it and it looks pretty good for teambuilding.

Yo did not know that page, makes teambuildin fancy. Like how it gives you the details of as to whether or not you have key things on your team like check and whatnot! I'll write the CCAT up tonight, dudes. Sorry for the wait but just got home, was supposed to do so yesterday, but stufff came up. :/

Zachmac

Oh but Flash Cannon is still quite usable to snipe the more defensive Clefable! Even the standard defensive Clefable is 2HKO'd on the switch by LO Timid, and they do so love to switch into Hydreigon. It's a perfectly good lure! Though, some'll be wary about it. You may have tested it during the Sylveon meta, Sylveon has a much better chance of living even with a phys defensive spread. You should try it again for sure, especially since Hydreigon is such a good balance breaker. Try Superpower on it while you're at it.
Well, I really haven't played that seriously since the Sylveon meta. I probably won't play competitively again until Sun and Moon finally roll around next month.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
meta wanted me to post so she doesn't need to double post

also them datamine leaks tho

This is true, thank you! I can't believe Vileplume got an Alolan form!

VO OU CCAT
(placeholder pls)​

gardevoir-mega.gif

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

So this thing is the bane of stall, being a pretty dam good wallbreaker with Pixilate boosted Hyper Voice for huge hits on the special side and Psyshock for huge hits on the defensive side. From what I can gather, the meta seems kinda bulky atm so its a good opportunity for Gardevoir to shine. Focus Blast is there for coverage, hitting stuff that resists its stabs like Ferrothorn or Heatran although I suppose you could replace it with HP Ground or HP Fire if you really wanted to. Taunt gives it even more wallbreaking potential, preventing stuff from recovering, using status moves, setting up hazards, and the like. However, Will-o-wisp provides residual damage and can really cripple physical attackers. There aren't that many mons that can safely switch into Gardevoir, it's biggest detriments are its lack luster speed and it's frail defense. You can also run Modest if you want the power over the extra speed.

Woo finally! Sorry for the wait, i'll try and get these rounds rollin out quickly.
Yes, the votes were teetering back and forth with re-votes and time but in the end it was Gardevoir-Mega who had pulled through! This one automatically grants us a mega and is a team breaker through and through with her powerful pixilated Hyper Voice, defense striking Psyshock and coverage granting Focus Blast. Her last slot in Taunt is neat utility in that it disallows recovery from the very walls she intends to mow down though Will-o-Wisp can catch usual switch ins such as Scizor, Jirachi, and Metagross. The choice between Will-O and Taunt is actually quite crucial as one can help her immensely against offensive steels whilst the other can keep recovery spamming walls at bay among other non-attackin moves. Whichever one we feel the team may need more shall be the one we use. The spread helps her to live two of LO Latis Psyshocks if you're wondering. Her speed in Timid helps to keep her on her toes against offensive teams and the onslaught of base 70's-98's that infest the tier and is a crucial decision in how one intends to play their Gardevoir. Pre-mega Timid is interesting to as it allows her to outpace crucial mons such as Breloom, Heatran, 92 Spe Impish Garchomp, and max speed Adamant Landorus-T. Mega Gards 100 base spe is nice to keep her in the race against things like non BP Mega Medi, Jolly/Timid Zard, and the like. Trace is a tricky little ability to, it may even convince you to keep your Gard un-megad for a bit. With Trace and Timid in tow she can actually make a decent albeit shaky check to weather sweepers such as Adamant Excadrill and Modest Kingdra! Of course, you'll have to be pretty confident they aren't speed boosting natures or you'll be sad. ;_; These are just some things Trace can allow her to do but do feel free to get to the good stuff and fire off those teambreaking Hyper Voices!

All in all, Gardevoir can be a hard mon to switch into. She has power behind her attacks, and the coverage to ensure that most things can be hit hard enough. However, she's still at the mercy of her less than stellar physical defense and speed in the face of faster offensive mons. Namely priority, and, yknow, hard hitting fast attacks. Steels who take her Focus Blast neutrally can be a bane to as they're usually able to either roost off the damage at a later time or simply use her as a set up bait if not outright eliminate her though they'll have to be wary of a times Will-O/Taunt. We'll need to build with these things in mind for sure!

That stuff bein said, it's time to suggest a partner for this dressy mon!

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

Second member nominations shall end on
October 27'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
AS update
Team so far
Meta the Mightyena lvl 31
Ran the Breloom lvl 30
Norma the Combusken lvl 31
Troy the Spoink lvl 25
Kim the Gyarados lvl 25

I am on my way to my 5th badge just you know this team aqua seem to be getting in my way
I am also taking suggestions on what my last pokemon should be

Erron Black

The Outlaw
AS update
Team so far
Meta the Mightyena lvl 31
Ran the Breloom lvl 30
Norma the Combusken lvl 31
Troy the Spoink lvl 25
Kim the Gyarados lvl 25

I am on my way to my 5th badge just you know this team aqua seem to be getting in my way
I am also taking suggestions on what my last pokemon should be

do mega banette

also suggesting this metal birb for the CCAT:

tumblr_ns232iMx2o1ttdkobo1_r1_400.gif

Skarmory @Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Iron Head
-Defog
-Stealth Rock
-Roost/Spikes

Basic Skarmory is basic, but this one is more focused on hazard control. Iron Head is the standard STAB move that hurts Fairy, Ice, and Rock types super effectively, though that doesn't matter too much as this Skarm is more focused on tanking hits and setting up hazards on the other side and removing them from your side. Defog is what allows us to rid ourselves from any and all pesky hazards that may affect our side. Stealth Rock is a go to hazard move and deals 50% to Charizard, Talonflame, Volcarona, etc... Roost for quick recovery and slashed Spikes for extra hazards!

Squirtlemasterr

Not sure if my PMs are working properly yet. Seems like they aren't. But yes I'd love to join as well.

Arcos

Umbreon Master
Love the site that you posted Zerogoki!! It even has pre-made teams that you can test out! I'm probably going to look and check up on all the datamine leaks this weekend so I'll see what are the cool new Alolan forms that people are talking about :) I played the demo and liked it so far especially the Ash Greninja and I'm excited for what Sun and Moon will bring!

Squirtlemasterr

PO/PS Name?: Squirtlemasterr
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: 3DS FC-Toddry- 0044-2803-7809
Why do you want to join?: To learn more about Battling and competing. To discuss Pokemon on more than a casual level.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: 0(for now)
Battling Experience?: Pokemon Y - Wi-Fi Battles
Referrer?: MetalSonic

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
PO/PS Name?: Squirtlemasterr
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: 3DS FC-Toddry- 0044-2803-7809
Why do you want to join?: To learn more about Battling and competing. To discuss Pokemon on more than a casual level.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: 0(for now)
Battling Experience?: Pokemon Y - Wi-Fi Battles
Referrer?: MetalSonic

Accepted! Thanks for joinin, I shall PM you the code to get into the secret chat. Don't be afraid to say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.