• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtlemasterr

Voting for Excadrill.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh ive been meaning to remind you all, if you need help with breeding anything, do let me know! I know I havent had a giveaway in a while but I do still have all the tools lyin around for IV's, egg moves matchin balls, and some hidden power types.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
MetalSonic%20scizor%20banner%20png_zpsxqqleab6.png

OU TOURNAMENT

Yes, come one, come all! In the last chance to test your OU mettle in the last Gen 6 OU tourney we'll ever have! Or maybe not, it depends prolly. But deff the last before Gen 7 is official! Can you show me what you're made of?

Rules:
1. Standard Smogon OU Ruleset and Best of 3!
2. Sableye-Mega is allowed! i guess...
3. Battles will be conducted either PS or Wi-Fi!
4. Please be courteous and respectful regardless of the outcome!
5. This tour shall not start without a minimum of 8 participants! If you'd like to be in the tour just say "in" and give your timezone as well.

And as always, this tour shall have a prize! All OU battles will be counted as regular battle points as well.

~~~

The prize for the mightiest of tours shall beee....
25 BATTLE POINTS
or
a Pokemon of your choosing

WINNER TAKE ALL

Think you can show us what you've learned? Can you handle the prize?

Thus far, it's just Lugia, Conquer, and I who have signed up for the OU tour! Who else'll step up? :0

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
W H A T U W A N T 2 D O

~~~

282-m.png
248.png
530.png

VO OU CCAT
(placeholder STILL)​

gardevoir-mega.gif

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

So this thing is the bane of stall, being a pretty dam good wallbreaker with Pixilate boosted Hyper Voice for huge hits on the special side and Psyshock for huge hits on the defensive side. From what I can gather, the meta seems kinda bulky atm so its a good opportunity for Gardevoir to shine. Focus Blast is there for coverage, hitting stuff that resists its stabs like Ferrothorn or Heatran although I suppose you could replace it with HP Ground or HP Fire if you really wanted to. Taunt gives it even more wallbreaking potential, preventing stuff from recovering, using status moves, setting up hazards, and the like. However, Will-o-wisp provides residual damage and can really cripple physical attackers. There aren't that many mons that can safely switch into Gardevoir, it's biggest detriments are its lack luster speed and it's frail defense. You can also run Modest if you want the power over the extra speed.
tyranitar.gif

GLITCH (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch / Superpower

ScarfTar is fun to use and is a powerful, useful teammate for M-Garde. First and foremost, it can help tremendously against Talonflame whom is usually a very popular check to Garde. ScarfTar is also able to give us a very potent answer against birdspam in general which is very helpful right now. It's also very notable in its ability Pursuit trap Garde problems like Gengar, Jirachi, and Mega-Metagross. Though Jirachi is very commonly scarf itself and Metagross may run BP so be wary. I feel like we can deff afford Fire Punch over Superpower this time around due to the fact we're playin with a Gardevoir as it can be used to lure and rekk Scizor for 65'ish% at least on its commonly bulkiest spreads. A lot of players may see a ScarfTar as easy set ups for Sciz only to get roasted! Same for Ferro, but Tar loses out on its ability to severely dent Heatran and OHKO opposing T-Tar, however, Gardevoir should be able to finish those two granted the first has a bit of prior damage on it. Superpower is still an option if you feel naked without it. In return, Gardevoir can mow down ScarfTar checks and counters such as Lando-T, Tangrowth, Clefable, Keldeo, Rotom, and Chomp thanks to her amazing wallbreaking prowess. ScarfTar just makes a good answer to a great many mons due to its boosted speed, raw power, and infamous Pursuit which can force a mon out of the game for our teams benefit and forms a nice offensive core with Garde.
530.gif

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Since we got t tar and steel is kind of a need for our team and mega gard covers keldo a little why not use drill with sand rush ability. max speed and attack so we can crush anything scarf in sand. Iron head covers the clefable and with drill being a ground type he stops t wave punishment for anybody that would want to cripple us.We can switch sword dance with rapid spin if we need the hazards remove or keep it for the mid to late game sweep. Another small not with Tar being on the team drill is also safe from mega chard y since its base speed is higher then drill if not in sand storm

Oh well would you look at that, it became something of a sand team! Gardevoir-Sand isn't all that uncommon but it is quite interesting. Gardevoir is there to handle the bulkier teams and dril is there to help against more offensive teams! Of course, sand is limited so we'll have to keep that in mind! Excadrill itself is a very nice mon to have on a team with a sandsetter for obvious reasons. So long as sand is up, it outspeeds pretty much all relevant scarfed threats and as such, can act as a nice check to offense provided Exca can power through them. But yknow, sand won't always be up and T-Tar isn't Smooth Rock so we can't really be relying on sand being timely enough to save our butts. That being said, Exca can and will tear through more offensive builds with its raw power and potential SD. Jolly means he can outspeed max spe Heatran outside sand and opposing sand drills so that's a nice plus! Exca can mow down checks to Gardevoir like Jirachi, Heatran, Manectric, and in return, she can yell at Excas counters like Rotom, Slowbro, Tangrowth, Hippowdon, and Lando-T. Unfortunately, Skarmory remains a threat kind of but we only have 3 members thus far! A small but potent sand core, it seems!

And with that, the third member has been drilled into our team!

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

And now drill is on, however, we still do have a little more patchwork to tend to. Perhaps now we need some rocks? Or something to help Garde take down physical walls? I dunno, maybe you do!
Third member nominations shall end on
November 6'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Last edited:

Squirtlemasterr

Wow. I'd say the core of this team is set. Gonna think of some great attributions to a team like this.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Alright since skarm is a wall to our team I like to put up this guy as a counter.

145-Zapdos.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Zapdos covers a lot of threats we will have problems with like scizor, skarm, manphy, and most fighting types since mega gard doesnt want to come into to much. We got a defogger, that will help with gard coming in or out of battle since rocks will wear it down. Mega scizor and normal scizor will uturn and bullet punch the stuffing out of our core that we have right now and zapdos covers him.With keldeo having a huge impact on us zapdos and gard make for a good pair since icy wind hurts dos and gard can take it and dish out a hyper voice to take it down. With dos being sp def he can take scald and secret sword that would hurt tar and drill. I know this might not make sense but we want our gard to take less dmg in battle as possible so it can take a give out as much as possible and zapdos helps us take care of our number one threat with scizor running around

Erron Black

The Outlaw
nominating another steel type, but this time one to help us set things up!

tumblr_n4qw5yNJcO1ttdkobo3_400.gif

Klefki @Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Spikes
-Thunder Wave
-Magnet Rise/Toxic
-Foul Play

Klefki is an amazing support Pokemon, with access to Spikes, Thunder Wave, Magnet Rise, and Toxic with Prankster. With it's amazing typing of Steel/Fairy, it's immune to Poison and Dragon, so it can not only absorb Outrages from a Dragonite or Zard-X, it can also stop Toxic abusers like Amoonguss. It also resists Bug, Dark, Fairy, Ice, Normal, Rock, Flying, Grass, and Psychic types which gives it defense to well over half the type chart. Thunder Wave is a great status move, it can stop fast sweepers like Serperior or M-Lopunny in their tracks and give you the upper hand. Spikes is standard hazard for Klefki that hits very hard when stacked all three up. Magnet Rise can help our Tyranitar and Excadrill, and Klefki itself, avoid ALL ground moves. Toxic can be used to whittle opposing Pokemon's HP down and in some cases force them to switch out. Foul Play is a nice counter to Pokemon that like to boost their attack, as we can punish them by using Foul Play.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I like Zapdos, and I like how Excadrill can be flexible as a spinner as well, but we'll have to wait and see how the team turns out!

Also still 3 people for the OU tourney! Gotta get that 8 up and running yall, cmon!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
hey meta sign me up for the tourney i just don't want to fill the thing out rn

also:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-470297682

i swept with parasect

Parasects movepool is kinda surprising, its kinda weird!

Im in for the tourney

Oh cmon now you two, at least give us your timezones! >.< You are in though.

That makes 5 participants in Lugia, Conquer, Erron, BLUEZ, and I!
Who else is gonna round it out?? Cmon lets get it quick!

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Finished the Trick Challenge

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-470792386

Icy Wind on Jirachi killed Lando and HP Ground on Serperior weakened Magnezone

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-470820418

Tbolt on Jirachi killed Starmie letting me keep up rocks

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-470822081

Icy Wind on Jirachi weakened Lando and HP Ground on Serperior killed Infernape

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-470827219

Icy Wind on Jirachi killed Lando and Tbolt on Jirachi weakened Empoleon

These good enough meta?

Nominating this dude

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

So other sand teams, Scizor, and Skarmory are problematic for us. Rotom-W deals with them via Will-o-wisp, Hydro Pump, and Volt Switch. It also provides the team with a secondary Tflame check and a pivot to safely bring in Gardevior for some heavy damage. It can also act as check to Keldeo and Azumaril, which we currently don't have a switch in for. Can check and weaken Heatran for Gardevior, can check and weaken physical walls like Lando for Excadril and Tyranitar. Tyranitar pursuit traps Rotom-W checks like the Lati twins. Pain Split is there mainly for recovery. The 44 speed EVs let it outspeed Jolly Azumaril on like Belly Drum sets or something.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ohh the spicy Lurachi+Lope core, very nice.

1 2 3 and 4 those replays are in! That's 10 points to you, Lugia-sama! I imagine it mighta been kinda tricky gettin it all to go down, so i'm glad you managed to! Congrats! You defeated my tricky treats chall for sure! That last guy just wasn't able to comprehend safe plays.

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Ohh the spicy Lurachi+Lope core, very nice.

1 2 3 and 4 those replays are in! That's 10 points to you, Lugia-sama! I imagine it mighta been kinda tricky gettin it all to go down, so i'm glad you managed to! Congrats! You defeated my tricky treats chall for sure! That last guy just wasn't able to comprehend safe plays.

Thanks. Guess I should've waited to nominate Rotom-W after you posted.

Arcos

Umbreon Master
I'm joining the tour but I'm so bad so it'll be easy for whoever is against me lmao Timezone: Eastern United States (UTC -5:00)

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

CCAT NOMINATIONS
ROUND 4

zapdos-2.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Alright since skarm is a wall to our team I like to put up this guy as a counter. Zapdos covers a lot of threats we will have problems with like scizor, skarm, manphy, and most fighting types since mega gard doesnt want to come into to much. We got a defogger, that will help with gard coming in or out of battle since rocks will wear it down. Mega scizor and normal scizor will uturn and bullet punch the stuffing out of our core that we have right now and zapdos covers him.With keldeo having a huge impact on us zapdos and gard make for a good pair since icy wind hurts dos and gard can take it and dish out a hyper voice to take it down. With dos being sp def he can take scald and secret sword that would hurt tar and drill. I know this might not make sense but we want our gard to take less dmg in battle as possible so it can take a give out as much as possible and zapdos helps us take care of our number one threat with scizor running around

klefki-s.gif

Klefki @Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Spikes
-Thunder Wave
-Magnet Rise/Toxic
-Foul Play

Klefki is an amazing support Pokemon, with access to Spikes, Thunder Wave, Magnet Rise, and Toxic with Prankster. With it's amazing typing of Steel/Fairy, it's immune to Poison and Dragon, so it can not only absorb Outrages from a Dragonite or Zard-X, it can also stop Toxic abusers like Amoonguss. It also resists Bug, Dark, Fairy, Ice, Normal, Rock, Flying, Grass, and Psychic types which gives it defense to well over half the type chart. Thunder Wave is a great status move, it can stop fast sweepers like Serperior or M-Lopunny in their tracks and give you the upper hand. Spikes is standard hazard for Klefki that hits very hard when stacked all three up. Magnet Rise can help Klefki avoid ALL ground moves. Toxic can be used to whittle opposing Pokemon's HP down and in some cases force them to switch out. Foul Play is a nice counter to Pokemon that like to boost their attack, as we can punish them by using Foul Play.

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

So other sand teams, Scizor, and Skarmory are problematic for us. Rotom-W deals with them via Will-o-wisp, Hydro Pump, and Volt Switch. It also provides the team with a secondary Tflame check and a pivot to safely bring in Gardevior for some heavy damage. It can also act as check to Keldeo and Azumaril, which we currently don't have a switch in for. Can check and weaken Heatran for Gardevior, can check and weaken physical walls like Lando for Excadril and Tyranitar. Tyranitar pursuit traps Rotom-W checks like the Lati twins. Pain Split is there mainly for recovery. The 44 speed EVs let it outspeed Jolly Azumaril on like Belly Drum sets or something.

Peep these three potential dudes next in line for our fourth teammate! Zapdos flies in with its ability to wall and deal with core steels like Scizor, Skarmory, Ferro and Bisharp! While it can stomach a Manaphys unboosted Ice Beam, at +3 it may not! Serperior will be hard pressed to hurt this bad bird to, which is appreciated for our current team! It does provide a decent enough check to other watery wreckers such as Keldeo and aerial archenemies like Talon, Latios, and Pinsir thanks to its mixed defenses, not to mention giving us key Defog support. Klefki however, can be the key to victory in its ability to check and neuter the many fast mons via its pranky T-Wave as well as lay team eating Spikes. It's also a hard check to Weavile, which is very appreciated for our current core! Klefki can be a savior against the offensive onslaught of set-up sweepers and general offense for suuure. Lastly, there's the the standard dot versatile Rotom-W! A very nice switch into most Heatran as well as checking Talon, Pinsir and Crawdaunt! Lando-T, Sand Rush Dril, Sciz and Azu are especially appreciated though! Really, there's a plethora of mons Rotom deals well against. Volting out unto our different team members to get em in safely and preserve momentum, spreading burns around to help keep things low in health and attack power is also what Rotom-W excels at and is why Rotom is such a nice glue to most teams!

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

Though yknow, everyone did do a pretty bang up job at explaining their own sets, so you can do your own deciding, of course! ^^
Take into consideration our team composition now and give it a nice head wrack, ye?

Voting for fourth team member shall end on
November 8'th 12:00 PM UTC -2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.