• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUES.

Something else
PO/PS Name?: Kaiju37
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A yet
Why do you want to join?: With the new generation coming up I'd figured I'd get back into Pokemon.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: none
Battling Experience?: More than Novice level
Referrer?: Myself since I used to be Godzilla!

Ah yes! I remember the amazing MetalSonic aka MS. You used to team build for me and I majorly messed up the testing lol. Since it's only less than 24-hours away I guess we can do my test battle on Sun and Moon night or day. That should be fun.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! btw

Zillerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back buddie!

Kaiju37

Zillerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back buddie!

BLUUUUUUEEEEESSS!!! ;-; Thanks for the welcome back bro!

Arcos

Umbreon Master
PO/PS Name?: Kaiju37
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A yet
Why do you want to join?: With the new generation coming up I'd figured I'd get back into Pokemon.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: none
Battling Experience?: More than Novice level
Referrer?: Myself since I used to be Godzilla!

Welcome back!! I have a really bad memory but the name Godzilla is very familair!! :)

Kaiju37

I'm gettn kinda antsy...

This new gen, bros...
I don't think i'm ready. ;_;

We gotta be ready haha. Let's go!!!!

Welcome back!! I have a really bad memory but the name Godzilla is very familair!! :)

Thanks for the welcome Arcos :)

P.S. also voting Tornadus-T cause that's bae

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
ultra beasts look to be maybe okay
legend-evos are dumb tbh
and i think marshadow is my favorite legend for this gen (maybe out of the last couple, even?)

Kaiju37

serebii can't silence my links forever lol so I posted my quicktime event challenge in my sig. Check it out and enjoy!

Made this team today and it went 63 - 10! ~ Kaiju37 feels good getting his leathery skin wet again

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Now I don't want to say that Torn-T'll win by a landslide but
uhmm
UHHH

I wonder, what we'll build around for our first Gen 7 OU CCAT...
Keep in mind, when it comes to suggesting in Gen 7 CCAT, just do your best, we're not all that savvy on the details of that meta juuust yet so you can be a lil more personal I spose, but still, do try and suggest competitively!

ultra beasts look to be maybe okay
legend-evos are dumb tbh
and i think marshadow is my favorite legend for this gen (maybe out of the last couple, even?)

Isn't there one with a lot of sp.atk and it gets
tail glow
that one seems to be really scary

serebii can't silence my links forever lol so I posted my quicktime event challenge in my sig. Check it out and enjoy!

Made this team today and it went 63 - 10! ~ Kaiju37 feels good getting his leathery skin wet again

Wha, serebii wont let you post a replay? That's odd.
Oh but this is the perfect kind of replay, and you went straight from 1000 to 1500, now that's dedication! Props to you, Kaiju. You really went above and beyond for this toast, the points have been added!

Last edited:

Arcos

Umbreon Master
Finished battles for the Tour! I won the first Erron won the second and I won the third. They were good battles! The first I think i won 4-0 because of Mega Metagross. Then in the second battle Erron struck back with a 4-0 win. :) Then the last battle I won 3-0. Good Game!! It was very fun!!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
What Squirtle said, get goin on those Sun/Moon explorations, everyone! I'll try and get some gen 7 evens rolling. If you have ideas, PM me!
I've gotta few but i'd like to see if any of you do as well. ^^

The new gen is finally UPON US

Zachmac

I'm not going to be able to get my hands on one of those games for a little bit, so instead I've been messing around on Pokemon Showdown.

Z-Conversion Porygon-Z is really fun.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
F I N I S H E D

~~~

282-m.png
248.png
530.png
479-w.png
645-t.png
641.png

VO OU CCAT
(ye)​

gardevoir-mega.gif

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

So this thing is the bane of stall, being a pretty dam good wallbreaker with Pixilate boosted Hyper Voice for huge hits on the special side and Psyshock for huge hits on the defensive side. From what I can gather, the meta seems kinda bulky atm so its a good opportunity for Gardevoir to shine. Focus Blast is there for coverage, hitting stuff that resists its stabs like Ferrothorn or Heatran although I suppose you could replace it with HP Ground or HP Fire if you really wanted to. Taunt gives it even more wallbreaking potential, preventing stuff from recovering, using status moves, setting up hazards, and the like. However, Will-o-wisp provides residual damage and can really cripple physical attackers. There aren't that many mons that can safely switch into Gardevoir, it's biggest detriments are its lack luster speed and it's frail defense. You can also run Modest if you want the power over the extra speed.
tyranitar.gif

GLITCH (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch / Superpower

ScarfTar is fun to use and is a powerful, useful teammate for M-Garde. First and foremost, it can help tremendously against Talonflame whom is usually a very popular check to Garde. ScarfTar is also able to give us a very potent answer against birdspam in general which is very helpful right now. It's also very notable in its ability Pursuit trap Garde problems like Gengar, Jirachi, and Mega-Metagross. Though Jirachi is very commonly scarf itself and Metagross may run BP so be wary. I feel like we can deff afford Fire Punch over Superpower this time around due to the fact we're playin with a Gardevoir as it can be used to lure and rekk Scizor for 65'ish% at least on its commonly bulkiest spreads. A lot of players may see a ScarfTar as easy set ups for Sciz only to get roasted! Same for Ferro, but Tar loses out on its ability to severely dent Heatran and OHKO opposing T-Tar, however, Gardevoir should be able to finish those two granted the first has a bit of prior damage on it. Superpower is still an option if you feel naked without it. In return, Gardevoir can mow down ScarfTar checks and counters such as Lando-T, Tangrowth, Clefable, Keldeo, Rotom, and Chomp thanks to her amazing wallbreaking prowess. ScarfTar just makes a good answer to a great many mons due to its boosted speed, raw power, and infamous Pursuit which can force a mon out of the game for our teams benefit and forms a nice offensive core with Garde.
530.gif

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Since we got t tar and steel is kind of a need for our team and mega gard covers keldo a little why not use drill with sand rush ability. max speed and attack so we can crush anything scarf in sand. Iron head covers the clefable and with drill being a ground type he stops t wave punishment for anybody that would want to cripple us.We can switch sword dance with rapid spin if we need the hazards remove or keep it for the mid to late game sweep. Another small not with Tar being on the team drill is also safe from mega chard y since its base speed is higher then drill if not in sand storm

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

So other sand teams, Scizor, and Skarmory are problematic for us. Rotom-W deals with them via Will-o-wisp, Hydro Pump, and Volt Switch. It also provides the team with a secondary Tflame check and a pivot to safely bring in Gardevior for some heavy damage. It can also act as check to Keldeo and Azumaril, which we currently don't have a switch in for. Can check and weaken Heatran for Gardevior, can check and weaken physical walls like Lando for Excadril and Tyranitar. Tyranitar pursuit traps Rotom-W checks like the Lati twins. Pain Split is there mainly for recovery. The 44 speed EVs let it outspeed Jolly Azumaril on like Belly Drum sets or something.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Alright, so we're really weak to opposing drill and Rotom-W isn't enough to handle the power of all of the physical attackers in OU, so I'm suggesting a standard defensive Lando-T. This stops many physical attackers such as Excadrill and conserves momentum with U-turn. It's also just a really good Pokemon in OU.

While Rocky Helmet pressures opposing physical attackers and opposing U-turns, Leftovers allows Landorus-T to come in many more times.

Nominating Tornadus-T
641-therian.gif

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Besides Rotom-W we don't really have a solid switch in to Keldeo and we don't have a switch in for Serperior at all. Tornadus-T checks both Keldeo and Serperior pretty well. It's also good on sand teams in general, it has synergy with both Tyranitar and Excadril; Tornadus resists fighting and is immune to ground while Excadril is immune to electric and resists rock. Tornadus has Heat Wave for steel types like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. U-turn allows it to act like a pivot while Knock Off provides utility. Hurricane is a bit annoying to use with 70% accuracy but the main purpose of Tornadus on this team is to sponge hits from stuff the team has trouble with. It also provides some speed which we are lacking in.

Double Genie menace to ironically close out the last CCAT of Gen 6! Tornadus-T flies onto our team in winning style as it brings to us the ability to check a multitude of threats due to its speed, coverage, and bulk. The speed is definitely appreciated as well since the team wasn't too fast naturally. Most notably though it gives us a solid switch in to Serperior whom till now enjoyed firing off leaf storms.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

GLITCH (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch / Superpower

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

Well dudes, this is it. Our last CCAT of the gen 6. We've got Gardevoir to break bulky teams down, Excadrill to help out against more offensive teams, T-Tar to set up sand and check stuff like Bisharp, Landorus-T/Rotom-W to be the Volt-Turn core and take hits from the myriad of physical attackers and some special attacks and then we have Torn-T to wrap things up in the offensive momentum department! It's a sand team, alright! Thank you all for keeping it up and building all these teams for this generation, just thanks in general.

~~~

Closing Thoughts

Wow guys, we went through another gen! Us, VO, the whole lot of us that've stuck around, have done so through the thick and thin of everything. I thought it'd be kind of appropriate to have a closing thoughts thing on it all so here I go; Don't worry i'll be quick;

When Gen 6 first started, it was all pretty fun like it is right now, people were testing their Greninjas, and running their Steel Wing Talonflames and most people hardly batted an eye to how borked/silly these sets were, but then as time progressed and peeps tried to stabalize/standardaize the meta more, things went bye-bye. Kangaskhan, Aegislash, Mawile, Greninja, you know the deal. Bulky offense kind of ruled, stall never stopped stalling, and people played it! The changes have and will always be contested, but they were there pretty much cemented! Whether people liked em or not. I'm hoping Gen 7 will be an enjoyable experience till the end, made even better alongside you all.

As for us, we've gone through a bit. Activity losses, trolls, maybe a spot of drama here and there, but I like to think we come out a lil better each time! I know I can be kind of hard to understand sometimes and it can be a bit hard to put my thoughts into words, but i'm deffo gonna try to work harder for us this gen! I have to, you've all been so wonderful to this clan and each other for the most part. From our war team wins, to our multiple CCATS, tourneys, and challenges, and chat, i'm hoping you all take something back from these experiences! Again, thank you all so, so much. It's you all that make the clan, you know? And i'm hoping this gen finds you a place somewhere in it, and in this clan! Thanks again, you all! Here's to another fantastic gen with you, my dudes, Veneno Oscuridad!

;_;7​

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
yeah xurkitree gets tail glow

pheromosa gets quiver dance and high atk/sp. atk/spd already which could be potent but has 71/37/37 defenses sooooo focus belt might be necessary
celesteela might be the best of the bunch ?? (most balanced at least)

Zachmac

I predict Xukitree to get banned, but I'm not scared of Tail Glow. It can break through any wall with that, but it lacks the speed or priority to really sweep with it. What I'm scared of is the choice scarf variants who get +1 special attack just from revenge killing.

Pheromosa is like Doexys+Genesect with quiver dance. Strong enough to wreak havoc, great typing with both STAB U-turn and High Jump Kick, fast enough to revenge a dragon dancer without a scarf. The only thing it needs really be a Doexys/Genesect sort of monster is a larger move pool, since its only coverage options are basically fighting/bug/ice, but I think it's already pretty much guaranteed a spot in ubers. With that speed, it's just too dangerous too difficult to check.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Should get my Pokemon Moon sometimes this week.
Post those teams, everyone?

Also, before we start on a new CCAT, I just wanna see if smog goes about their quick bans or not already. I know some of you are itching to try out new sets.

Why is Tapu Finis ability just two Kanto gym leaders?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.