• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnakBaé

Also, due to my life circumstances being surrounded by poverty and constant risk of homelessness, I'm afraid I will not be very active until January which is when I'll finally have a room to stay in for cheap and I'll be able to live my life lol. I plan on being greatly involved in online gaming communities (especially SPPf and therefore, VO lol) when I'm more financially stable, mainly centered around the RPG genre. I am also heavily into Creative Writing and it has essentially been my go-to in my free time for around a year now, whether it be fanfiction or original craft.

I have also installed the appropriate emulators to play a lot of old classical Pokémon games, to which I would like to start a Nuzlocke Let's Play series on Pokémon: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. I had also fiddled with the idea of writing fanfiction surrounding these playthroughs since I've never tried writing a Pokémon fic before. What do you guys think? And is anyone else here interested in literary arts and stuff?

Aye best of luck with your literary pursuit. I enjoy reading/writing too, albeit mostly nonfiction/philosophical fiction.
We're nothing but small voices of strangers coming through a sinking Digimon forum, but sometimes that small voice is needed to motivate and incite progress!

lmao I laughed too hard on this.
Is Dhelmise more viable than Decidueye? Its defensive/offensive stats look solid compared to the bird and both have a trapping move, but its lack of recovery means makes him less viable.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
stop

Dhelmise looks cool. I think it would be way more reliable if it had something like haze or better recovery. Seems pigeonholed into an assvest set. I'm gonna say ru since Pelipper and mantine are now things for keld. Idk how relevant keld will be after initial bans either so maybe even less viable

Lol this is to funny and I got my sun and final fantasy 15 today so going to start my run through and stuff

and I am seeing a lot of mega suer and heatran combos this gen once we get rid of some annoying pokemon

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Last edited:

chess-z

campy vampire
Trying Minior in pre pokebank OU, and it's seriously high risk, high reward. It either takes down most of the team, one pokemon or none. There is no inbetween. Alolan Marowak hits really hard, like really really hard. It's worth considering even with its abysmally low speed, even off of a trick room team.

I pray for the day they finally ban deoxys-lite. Pheromosa is nuts.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Alolan Marowak has excellent typing and a nice immunity ability. Shuts down Koko, Mosa, Wole, Zone, pretty much a lot of things. Defensive Wak has seen a bunch of use as of late. Rest+Talk Wak is cool to. I'm really glad sword is gone!

Anyways, come on into the chatroom anyone! I'll be waiting and willing to give you the Alolapix.

~~~

MetalSonic%20scizor%20banner%20png_zpsxqqleab6.png

VO ORAS OU Finale Tournament Bracket

Rules:
1. Standard Smogon OU Ruleset and Best 2 of 3!
2. Sableye-Mega is allowed! i guess...
3. Battles will be conducted either PS or Wi-Fi!
4. Please be courteous and respectful regardless of the outcome!
5. This tour shall not start without a minimum of 8 participants! If you'd like to be in the tour just say "in" and give your timezone as well.

And as always, this tour shall have a prize! All OU battles will be counted as regular battle points as well.

~~~

The prize for the mightiest of tours shall beee....
25 BATTLE POINTS
or
a Pokemon of your choosing

Zerogoki vs. MetalSonic
Arcos vs. meliekpi

YOU THINK I FORGOT???
GET INTO CONTAAAACT
pls​

Last edited:

Zachmac

I honestly really underestimated how much Alolan Marowak's new typing would do for it. All I thought about was how its now weak to rocks and earthquake, but now all I hear about is how good it is because of all its resistances and lightningrod. I really like Marowak, Alolan form or not, so I might actually give it a try.

I don't think it'll work as my Bisharp replacement, though, so I'll have to give that one a wait unless I decide to make another new team.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Hello people, and hi MS.

I used to be in this guild but then I flaked. New games have sparked me back in to Competitive. Am I able to rejoin?

Forum Name: The Poacher
PO/PS Name?: 3325-6455-7990
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: - don't know it off by heart - will update later
Why do you want to join?: New to the forum and anything beyond the basic story line of the game so hoping that an active clan will help me learn more about the games and as a side note - Love my bug types :p
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: 0
Battling Experience?: 0

Edit: Dhelmise though I quite like - as a lover of grass ghosts and bugs :p I think combining lagging tail, it's naturally slow speed and gyroball with it's ability could make it a power house

Last edited:

Kaiju37

Why do you want to join?: New to the forum and anything beyond the basic story line of the game so hoping that an active clan will help me learn more about the games and as a side note - Love my bug types :p

Edit: Dhelmise though I quite like - as a lover of grass ghosts and bugs :p I think combining lagging tail, it's naturally slow speed and gyroball with it's ability could make it a power house

Welcome Welcome Poacher!

BLUES.

Something else
Welcome to all the new members, hope to see you guys on pokemonshowdown soon:D

Zachmac

I might be wrong, but I don't think Lagging Tail actually lower the speed stat, it just forces the pokemon to act last. That said, I wouldn't recommend an Iron Ball or Macho Brave for it either, because it's slow enough already. Just give it a -speed nature and make sure it has bad speed IVs. Then you could give it a more useful item, like Leftovers.

And welcome to the guild, by the way!

Arcos

Umbreon Master
Welcome new members!! And I really have to start battling in Sun and Moon OU, lately I've only been doing Random Battles lmao hahaha

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Hello people, and hi MS.

I used to be in this guild but then I flaked. New games have sparked me back in to Competitive. Am I able to rejoin?

I do remember you! You may re-join, here's hopin you stick around, even if by posting sporadically. Just fill out the form. A test battle will launch you out of default rank. Be sure to check out the giveaway from a few pages ago and the ladder challenge. Try and post a bit more and thanks for comin back!

Wow guys you sure are quick to welcome a person into the clan, not too quick now! Lemme confirm it right quick.
Ok you're in! Welcome brandy and poacher, thanks for joinin our clan! I'll add you to the list next time I find myself at a laptop as I'm currently away. Try and get a test battle for a launch out of default rank. Please feel free to take part in our ladder challenge and vulpix giveaway from a few pages ago. I do plan on hunting all of you down for the vulpix that are rightfully yours.

The time draws near for our first Su/Mo CCAT. Shouldn't be too long till smogon finishes their bans, I hope. Get a Mon in mind and get a nice description goin to, I should be back in the groove around Friday or so.

Just finished sun! Whimsicott carried late game with skarm. Game's actually a little difficult at the e4 if you were a little underleveled like I was.
The team:
Golisopod
Blissey
Skarmory
Whimsicott
Muk
Zydog

Last edited:

Squirtlemasterr

Multi battles in the battle tree and getting a bit easier. Still can't wait to get my killers. Only like 10 more BP till I have enough to get ever power item. Then the real grind starts!

Welcome to all new members!!

Status
Not open for further replies.