• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat

Pinsir is incredibly anti meta at the moment. The ability to set up on Zygarde is an incredible ability that not many Pokemon can boast. The main draw here is the ability to force out Pheromosa, a Pokemon that stops many sweepers in their tracks and turns momentum. Pheromosa can't U-turn from a Pinsir, as it will get KOd. Many of the top pokes have trouble dealing with Pinsir just because Flying stab is really good at the moment in partnership with Fighting. The only really top threats that are able to take it on are walls, which can be dealt with with offensive synergy, most of which have glaring weaknesses that are able to be taken advantage of by other Pokemon in the tier.

The main boon of mega-Pinsir at the moment is that it deals with many flavour of the month Pokemon (Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Heatran, Zygarde etc.) as well as many Neutral pokes are dealt with either passive damage or a boost, which lets you be creative with paths to victory. With the exception of Toxapex, almost all of it's defensive counters are able to be worn down as well from it's sheer power, especially if caught with a Moxie boost, or using it's niche typing which is resistant or immune to many common attacking types, looking at you Ground, Fighting and Bug, to get a free switch.

I also just like how it sets the creative space for the team building. We get to make decisions about if we go for defensive synergy with passive damage to create a sweep, or offensive synergy which opens us to using a defogger over a spinner. There is also the ability to use one of the many powerful pokes that are checked by similar things to brute force a way through with beatdown, something not granted to many types (As nothing is immune to flying in the same way as say dragon which used to be able to do the same thing).

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Also to comment on the other submissions. Buzzwole set is p cool, wouldn't expect it. But I much prefer the mixed versions of the other two sets posted. Adamant Flamethrower Celesteela is awesome and I definitely prefer it. And Mix Rachi with Flamethrower / Iron Head / Ice Beam I feel deals with everything better. There's almost nothing Psychic deals with the other moves don't, it's a trend that has been around since gen 3. Rachi rarely runs Psychic stab. If you want to go with full physical. I would be suggesting Body Slam over Zen Headbutt.

AnakBaé

suggestin'

797.png

Celesteela @Leftovers
Modest / Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
-Flash Cannon
-Air Slash
-Flamethrower
-Autotomize

Celesteela is by far one of the best mons' introduced this gen. It's got a great stat spread making it bulky all around and allows it to switch between physical and specially offensive or purely defensive, combined with an amazing typing and a mimic Moxie as it's ability has made this mon' make it on to MANY teams. It has extreme sweeping capabilities with that bulk combined with Autotomize. Leftovers provides us extra longevity, Flash Cannon and Air Slash are standard SpA STAB moves, Air Slash in specific has that 30% flinch chance which can help guarantee a safer 2HKO on some Pokes in the likelihood you make the opposing mon' flinch. Flamethrower is a great coverage move as it can easily OHKO Scizor, Ferrothorn, and weaker Steel/Grass/Bug/Ice types, and if you've got a boost to SpA, it can one hit or two hit Pokemon that are troublesome for Celesteela like Magnezone and Metagross. Of course there's Pokemon like A-Marowak, Heatran, and Toxapex that wall/counter Celesteela and we'll need some support to take care of them.

buzzwole.gif

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch

Here's a nice optimized and lure-ish set. Buzzwole; the swolest of bugs! The idea is to take advantage of switch outs/2passivemons, set up a sub, and punch away our woes whilst making beastly gains in attack! Very effective for knocking down defensive teams. It's own definitive defense means it won't be broken easily with weak physical hits. 0 Atk Lando-T's Stone Edge doesn't even break subs and the small Sp.Def investment means 0 Spa Toxapex' Scald won't break it either. The HP is so S-Toss won't be breaking the sub for sure and the speed will outspeed most Rotom-W. Thunder Punch means Pelliper, Mantine, and a slightly weakened Skarmory after a Focus Punch are KO'd. It's just good flying coverage to. T-Pex takes a bit from T-Punch and Buzzwole can just squat there fishing for a para and stall out some Recovers. ^^; I know you're thinking Ice Punch is best for true coverage, and it may be, but Lando-T isn't touching us anyways and Lando-I takes 50% from Focus Punch! Plus it means we can have even more recovery aside from lefites with the buffed Leech Life. Givin us ample opprotunity to maintain our sub. This things a beast against defensive teams, quite literally. Just needs someone to spot the things his coverage may not hit and not so stellar sp.def!​

~~~

There's so much to do with Buzzwole, it seems. BU sets, Band sets, Taunt sets, but in the end I chose SubPunch cause it looks fun and Buzzwole is super cool. -w-

I only started competitive battling after drizzle+swift swim got banned, but I did try using a rain team with pelipper in the current meta and it was pretty fun.

For the ccat, I actually did come across something interesting recently that may be worth building a team around-

385.png

Jirachi @ Normalium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Jirachi seems to have flown under the radar despite having access to Z-happy hour, which gives it a +1 boost to all stats. 252 attack and adamant nature allow it to hit as hard as possible which is required since it only has base 100 attack. 236 speed EVs allow it to outspeed pheromosa at +1. The rest are dumped into SpD so that scarf genesect gets a +1 atk boost from download and has a harder time revenge killing it.​

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat

Pinsir is incredibly anti meta at the moment. The ability to set up on Zygarde is an incredible ability that not many Pokemon can boast. The main draw here is the ability to force out Pheromosa, a Pokemon that stops many sweepers in their tracks and turns momentum. Pheromosa can't U-turn from a Pinsir, as it will get KOd. Many of the top pokes have trouble dealing with Pinsir just because Flying stab is really good at the moment in partnership with Fighting. The only really top threats that are able to take it on are walls, which can be dealt with with offensive synergy, most of which have glaring weaknesses that are able to be taken advantage of by other Pokemon in the tier.

The main boon of mega-Pinsir at the moment is that it deals with many flavour of the month Pokemon (Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Heatran, Zygarde etc.) as well as many Neutral pokes are dealt with either passive damage or a boost, which lets you be creative with paths to victory. With the exception of Toxapex, almost all of it's defensive counters are able to be worn down as well from it's sheer power, especially if caught with a Moxie boost, or using it's niche typing which is resistant or immune to many common attacking types, looking at you Ground, Fighting and Bug, to get a free switch.

I also just like how it sets the creative space for the team building. We get to make decisions about if we go for defensive synergy with passive damage to create a sweep, or offensive synergy which opens us to using a defogger over a spinner. There is also the ability to use one of the many powerful pokes that are checked by similar things to brute force a way through with beatdown, something not granted to many types (As nothing is immune to flying in the same way as say dragon which used to be able to do the same thing).

Looking good so far! For future suggestions, please be mindful of the undergoing suspect testing to avoid having a banned Pokemon as a nomination. The list of possible suspects can be found here:
Smogon: On the Radar

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Also to comment on the other submissions. Buzzwole set is p cool, wouldn't expect it. But I much prefer the mixed versions of the other two sets posted. Adamant Flamethrower Celesteela is awesome and I definitely prefer it. And Mix Rachi with Flamethrower / Iron Head / Ice Beam I feel deals with everything better. There's almost nothing Psychic deals with the other moves don't, it's a trend that has been around since gen 3. Rachi rarely runs Psychic stab. If you want to go with full physical. I would be suggesting Body Slam over Zen Headbutt.

Well Zen Headbutt is still useful for Toxapex which walls the set otherwise and it still has that nifty flinch chance on stuff that resists Iron Head

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Rank?: Scyther
Oppnents Serebii name?: Zerogoki
Win or Lose?: W
Score?: 2-0
Your current won battle total? somethin
How did u feel about it?: end was a stall match, managed to win due to flinch hax heh, close game

Rank?: Scyther
Oppnents Serebii name?: T-bolt
Win or Lose?: W
Score?: 2-0
Your current won battle total? refer to above
How did u feel about it?: gg, thought i lost it there when I was down to Amoonguss and Heatran, but managed to pull through.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.

Where does jirachi get ice beam and flamethrower from? I can't find them listed on serebii and PS doesn't have them either. If it did get flamethrower, that would definitely be a better choice over fire punch. And like Lugia-sama said, Zen headbutt gets it past toxapex and stuff that resist iron head like Zapdos.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Alright let me put my set up

tapu_lele_by_alexalan-damvhtb.png

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

This monster has been gifted to use by GF himself to wreck havoc on anything that isn't chansey. Rocking choice specs and a modest nature Tapu lele takes down anything that is unequipped to take a stab psychic or moonblast. It outspeeds most hazard users like we have right now and can revenge kill if needed. With psychic surge boosting psychic or psyshock whatever you want on your set we have a huge spa attacker with his ability also stopping priority bullet punch would not be a problem for it. With agei out of the picture focus blast becomes a most along with hp fire to handle both scizor and heatran and celesteela that would normally counter or destroy it. We want modest nature for the extra power because we want to kill with it. Tapu Lele will be a wall breaker in ou as his ability not only helps its spa attack but boost one of its stabs this killer will be great on any team that just wants to deal dmg or kill.
Excuse my grammar lol

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
The closest Jirachi has to special Ice coverage that isn't Hidden Power is Icy Wind. Flamethrower is a no-go on rachi as well. Flame/Iron/Ice Beam coverage is unfortunately walled by any water type. Rachi's do tend to run Psychic coverage as well. Near the end of gen 6 scarf rachi became very popular and in its repertoire was Heart Stamp! In this gen im thinkin with the advent of Toxapex that Psychic coverage is gonna be normal again to as mick stated. The rachi T-Bolt posted wasn't meant to be mixed, it was meant to overwhelm a weakened opponent with +1 STAB flinches. Mixing that set would cost it bulk, then again i'm not too savvy on these Z-Hour Rachis just yet so maybe mixed hour is a thing? Seems like all physical is good enough though. Body Slam is meant for the sp.def sets though!

Oh and everyone, I may be without net for a few more days, maybe! Good thing we got neato members keepin things up, thanks dudes!

I'll try and get the next giveaway goin. It'll be a bug for sure!

Last edited:

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
yeah so i'm working on a giveaway too- it may or may not be a new water type from this gen.

it may or may not also be a wall. we'll see.

AnakBaé

1DjRrfH.png

[SUB]7th Gen PokeBank OU CCAT: 1st Round Nomination[/SUB]

---

celesteela.gif

Celesteela @Leftovers
Modest / Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
-Flash Cannon
-Air Slash
-Flamethrower
-Autotomize

Celesteela is by far one of the best mons' introduced this gen. It's got a great stat spread making it bulky all around and allows it to switch between physical and specially offensive or purely defensive, combined with an amazing typing and a mimic Moxie as it's ability has made this mon' make it on to MANY teams. It has extreme sweeping capabilities with that bulk combined with Autotomize. Leftovers provides us extra longevity, Flash Cannon and Air Slash are standard SpA STAB moves, Air Slash in specific has that 30% flinch chance which can help guarantee a safer 2HKO on some Pokes in the likelihood you make the opposing mon' flinch. Flamethrower is a great coverage move as it can easily OHKO Scizor, Ferrothorn, and weaker Steel/Grass/Bug/Ice types, and if you've got a boost to SpA, it can one hit or two hit Pokemon that are troublesome for Celesteela like Magnezone and Metagross. Of course there's Pokemon like A-Marowak, Heatran, and Toxapex that wall/counter Celesteela and we'll need some support to take care of them.

buzzwole.gif

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch

Here's a nice optimized and lure-ish set. Buzzwole; the swolest of bugs! The idea is to take advantage of switch outs/2passivemons, set up a sub, and punch away our woes whilst making beastly gains in attack! Very effective for knocking down defensive teams. It's own definitive defense means it won't be broken easily with weak physical hits. 0 Atk Lando-T's Stone Edge doesn't even break subs and the small Sp.Def investment means 0 Spa Toxapex' Scald won't break it either. The HP is so S-Toss won't be breaking the sub for sure and the speed will outspeed most Rotom-W. Thunder Punch means Pelliper, Mantine, and a slightly weakened Skarmory after a Focus Punch are KO'd. It's just good flying coverage to. T-Pex takes a bit from T-Punch and Buzzwole can just squat there fishing for a para and stall out some Recovers. ^^; I know you're thinking Ice Punch is best for true coverage, and it may be, but Lando-T isn't touching us anyways and Lando-I takes 50% from Focus Punch! Plus it means we can have even more recovery aside from lefites with the buffed Leech Life. Givin us ample opprotunity to maintain our sub. This things a beast against defensive teams, quite literally. Just needs someone to spot the things his coverage may not hit and not so stellar sp.def!

For the ccat, I actually did come across something interesting recently that may be worth building a team around-

385.gif

Jirachi @ Normalium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

Jirachi seems to have flown under the radar despite having access to Z-happy hour, which gives it a +1 boost to all stats. 252 attack and adamant nature allow it to hit as hard as possible which is required since it only has base 100 attack. 236 speed EVs allow it to outspeed pheromosa at +1. The rest are dumped into SpD so that scarf genesect gets a +1 atk boost from download and has a harder time revenge killing it.

127.gif

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat

Alright let me put my set up

tapulele.gif

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

This monster has been gifted to use by GF himself to wreck havoc on anything that isn't chansey. Rocking choice specs and a modest nature Tapu lele takes down anything that is unequipped to take a stab psychic or moonblast. It outspeeds most hazard users like we have right now and can revenge kill if needed. With psychic surge boosting psychic or psyshock whatever you want on your set we have a huge spa attacker with his ability also stopping priority bullet punch would not be a problem for it. With agei out of the picture focus blast becomes a most along with hp fire to handle both scizor and heatran and celesteela that would normally counter or destroy it. We want modest nature for the extra power because we want to kill with it. Tapu Lele will be a wall breaker in ou as his ability not only helps its spa attack but boost one of its stabs this killer will be great on any team that just wants to deal dmg or kill.
Excuse my grammar lol

Alrite folks, after seeing everyone's nice and detailed entries its finally time to decide and get some votes! Each vote counts, so use it to boost your mon's chance for entry.

---

Voting for the 1st nomination shall end on:
December 15th 5:00 pm UTC -8

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Anyone take on the battle tree yet? Teams? Get to 50?

Thinkin Sally-Mega, Golio, and some special attacker that's not weak to rock.
I've leveled up my plaza quite a bit and now its time to breed and EV for comp mons.
Friend Ball Shiny Bagon is on the agenda. -w-

Finding it hard to decide what to vote for...

Arcos

Umbreon Master
Haven't gotten up to the battle tree yet lmao I haven't been able to play much lately, I just beat the wishiwashi totem and after Dec 23 I'' be playing sun a lot hahaha Voting Buzzwole for the CCAT but I also really like the Tapu Lele set I never got to use either mons yet

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
I would like to apologise to everyone. I shouldn't post with a concussion. Was somehow combining Mews movepool with Rachis. And Happy Hour Rachi can't even get Body Slam.

EDIT: Going to vote Buzz Hole, mostly because I've used everything else that has been nommed and sub punch is going to be really good for breaking stuff for a win con sweeper which we can play around with so it will be a fun ccat.

Last edited:

AnakBaé

Finding it hard to decide what to vote for...

Ahahahah you're funny. Don't even think of getting away with that!

Haven't gotten up to the battle tree yet lmao I haven't been able to play much lately, I just beat the wishiwashi totem and after Dec 23 I'' be playing sun a lot hahaha

I thought I was the only one who hasn't finished the game yet lol (still at the ghost trial).

I would like to apologise to everyone. I shouldn't post with a concussion. Was somehow combining Mews movepool with Rachis.

Its a very common mistake, so no need to worry :]

Status
Not open for further replies.