• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiju37

Voting BuzzSWOLE!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just a reminder that the ladder challenge ends next week on the 21st. Better get them replays in for the pointos! -w-

Squirtlemasterr

Anyone take on the battle tree yet? Teams? Get to 50?

Thinkin Sally-Mega, Golio, and some special attacker that's not weak to rock.
I've leveled up my plaza quite a bit and now its time to breed and EV for comp mons.
Friend Ball Shiny Bagon is on the agenda. -w-

Finding it hard to decide what to vote for...

Lol I think you meant 15. *glares at my DS* Furthest i've gotten on Multi. Gonna figure out a Toxapex team for double soon.
At the rate I'm at though, I see no reason to EV train these pokemon. It'll take me till February to get them to level 100 lol.

Voting Tapu Lele.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Won vs Zerogoki 2-0. GG's

Ya boy's still got it. And voting buzzwole

AnakBaé

1DjRrfH.png

[7th Gen] PokeBank OU CCAT: ROUND 2

Alright, its time to move on to the second round of our CCAT! Judging from the recent votes....
the 1st member of our 7th Gen PokeBank CCAT will be:

buzzwole.gif

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch

Here's a nice optimized and lure-ish set. Buzzwole; the swolest of bugs! The idea is to take advantage of switch outs/2passivemons, set up a sub, and punch away our woes whilst making beastly gains in attack! Very effective for knocking down defensive teams. It's own definitive defense means it won't be broken easily with weak physical hits. 0 Atk Lando-T's Stone Edge doesn't even break subs and the small Sp.Def investment means 0 Spa Toxapex' Scald won't break it either. The HP is so S-Toss won't be breaking the sub for sure and the speed will outspeed most Rotom-W. Thunder Punch means Pelliper, Mantine, and a slightly weakened Skarmory after a Focus Punch are KO'd. It's just good flying coverage to. T-Pex takes a bit from T-Punch and Buzzwole can just squat there fishing for a para and stall out some Recovers. ^^; I know you're thinking Ice Punch is best for true coverage, and it may be, but Lando-T isn't touching us anyways and Lando-I takes 50% from Focus Punch! Plus it means we can have even more recovery aside from lefites with the buffed Leech Life. Givin us ample opprotunity to maintain our sub. This things a beast against defensive teams, quite literally. Just needs someone to spot the things his coverage may not hit and not so stellar sp.def!​

~~~

There's so much to do with Buzzwole, it seems. BU sets, Band sets, Taunt sets, but in the end I chose SubPunch cause it looks fun and Buzzwole is super cool. -w-

Buzzwole possesses incredible base stats on the physical side of the game thanks to its 107 HP with the addition of solid 137 in both Attack and Defense; making it a great Pokemon to utilize sub-punch set to take advantage of its great physical bulk. At the same time, however, Buzzwole suffers from abysmally poor special stats and a meager 79 base speed, which makes it an easy pick for fast special attackers and the omnipresent Tapus in the meta.

Therefore, some of the ideal roles for the second mon would be the Pokemon that can potentially absorb or threaten common fast physical attackers in the meta, OR the Pokemon that will eliminate mons that resist or walls its STABs; enabling Buzzwole to buzz through teams with Leech Life and the all destructive Focus Punch smoothly without worry.

VVV

Recent usage stats for reference use

2nd round nomination shall end on:
December 19th 5:00 PM (UTC -8)

Go wild -c-b

Last edited:

Garlneil

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Been doing major overtime at work to get a car. Peak season is almost over so my days should become more lax.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Suggesting the best Koko counter rn

marowak-alola.gif

A-Marowak @Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Flame Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Shadow Bone
-Bonemerang

Alright this set is my favorite set. Not only does this set ensure you outspeed the norm A-Marowak which allows you to OHKO with Shadow Bone, but Flame Charge also boosts your speed with each successful hit, after two Flame Charges, you should be able to outspeed most Pokemon in OU barring scarfs, Pheromosa, and a mega or two. Flame Charge also easily OHKOs Pheromosa and Kartana, A-Marowak also resists both their STAB moves which can make it a safe switch in to the two troublesome UBs. Thick Club is the go to item for A-Marowak, as it essentially gives it Huge/Pure Power. Lightning Rod allows us to completely counter Tapu Koko and Xurkitree, both of which can give Buzzwole some trouble if it's not behind Sub, especially with Koko. Few things can even safely switch in on Alolan Marowak, and those that do will still take a good amount of damage from it's moves. Few things actually counter and check Alolan Marowak very well like defensive Tapu Fini. Flare Blitz allows us to OHKO many things such as Magnezone, Megagross, Celesteela, Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole, and a few others. Shadow Bone is standard Ghost STAB and OHKOs Tapu Lele on the switch in and can 2HKO speedy Megagross, and like I said earlier with the EVs you can also revenge kill other Alolan Marowaks. Bonemerang is what allows us to take out Koko reliably without recoil damage, it also easily OHKOs Heatran w/o Air Balloon, and with it being a two hit move, also knocks out subs on some Pokes as well. We'll of course need a little more backbone to deal with bulky water types like Tapu Fini, Toxapex, and even Araquanid.

umm explain to me what happened on turn 10

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-499382030

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Lele seems like such a force in the meta. Defining, I'd say

I know we've been over this before but man oh man, it's really such a powerful Mon. Like a mini gardevoir-mega! Except with boosted psychic STAB instead of fairy, is allowed to use an item, and is immune to priority so long as its ability is active so revenge killing is even harder especially with scarf.

Hows your Gen 7 OU exploits, all? I wanna get into it more but am still outta commission so to speak. Hopefully ill at least be able to suggest!

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Suggesting this

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/Volt Switch

Despite their mutual fire weakness, Buzzswole and Magearna have pretty good synergy; Magearna resists psychic, fairy, and flying while Buzzswole resists ground. With an Assault Vest Magearna is one of the few viable checks to Tapu Lele and can cover for Buzzswole's abysmal special defense. Offensively Magearna can deal with several mons that wall Buzzswole such as Mega Sableye and Clefable. Fleur Cannon and Flash Cannon are obligatory STABs while Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are for general coverage. I opted for Thunderbolt to be able to better deal with stuff like Toxapex and Skarmory, but Volt Switch can also be used for some nice switch initiative. 96 speed EVs lets Magearna outspeed max speed Adamant Alolan Marowak although I'm not too sure how useful that is. If anyone has any suggestions on what Magearna should/shouldn't speed creep, let me know.

Last edited:

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Alright let me put my set up

tapu_lele_by_alexalan-damvhtb.png

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

This monster has been gifted to use by GF himself to wreck havoc on anything that isn't chansey. Rocking choice specs and a modest nature Tapu lele takes down anything that is unequipped to take a stab psychic or moonblast. It outspeeds most hazard users like we have right now and can revenge kill if needed. With psychic surge boosting psychic or psyshock whatever you want on your set we have a huge spa attacker with his ability also stopping priority bullet punch would not be a problem for it. With agei out of the picture focus blast becomes a most along with hp fire to handle both scizor and heatran and celesteela that would normally counter or destroy it. We want modest nature for the extra power because we want to kill with it. Tapu Lele will be a wall breaker in ou as his ability not only helps its spa attack but boost one of its stabs this killer will be great on any team that just wants to deal dmg or kill.
Excuse my grammar lol

Putting this up again

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
I think that the 'looking for something to clear a way for Buzzwole' notion is incorrect.

Rather a sub punch set is not a sweeper. It is the thing that punches holes in the team to pave the way for another sweeper. I would instead be looking at what takes advantage of the lack of certain mons in its way to sweep. If we look at the set as posted. We still have issues with Garchomp, Mence, AloWak among other things. However it will lure and kill things like Quaggy, Skarm and Magearna. Keeping all of that in mind I think that a perfect offensive partner is a sweeper that hates the things we have started to take care of. So I present.

Kyurem-B @ Icium-Z
Ability: Terravolt
EVs: 32 Att / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
~ Hail
~ Blizzard
~ Fusion Bolt
~ Earth Power

Mixed Z-Hail Kyurem. This uses the standard coverage of wallbreaker Kyurem and couples it with the new access to a speed boost with Z-Hail to finally give it the ability to sweep instead of tear holes. Has brilliant coverage with the Buzzwole set, as they have common checks that Buzzwole will lure, allowing for Kyurem to sweep later in the game. The EVs are such that it will outspeed max LandoT that have the same level of boosts which the only notable speed tier outside the very rare Scarf Krookodile.

This allows for some extra points in Attack to make up for lack of Life Orb from last gen, and with Blizzard there is no dip in power. Earth Power easily deals with what it has to, namely AloWak and Magnezone who both fall prey to it.

Kyurem is an incredibly fun sweeper in the metagame and something I usually use defensively (due to its cool typing for specially defensive sets) and I am so happy it now has a sweeping set int he metagame. A better option than Weevil which is the other likely choice, mostly due to the fact that Kyurem can run a Tapu Lele for support whereas it stops Weavile from sweeping. And I am fairly sure that we are going to end up with one on the team, if only because it is a great hole puncher in its own right and is FOTM.

But yeah sweeper Kyurem, you heard it here first folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.