• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

We finally got more Pokemon Bank info, but there's still no release date. Gamefreak is driving me mad with this.

golem12

Dragon Trainer
We finally got more Pokemon Bank info, but there's still no release date. Gamefreak is driving me mad with this.

same here xD I was like: WHOOHOO!! BANK RELEASED!! and then I started reading and went from happy to little mad xD

Zachmac

Wow, so it turns out the update actually went live today. About dang time.

What's not neat is that the new pokedex feature doesn't carry over in-game. :/ I was really hoping I wouldn't have to transfer all my Pokemon to Sun in order to register them in my in-game pokedex. I guess if I'm ever going to reset any X/Y or ORAS games, I ought to do it now so I can keep that shiny charm.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Haha Bank is here! Hahahaha...HAHHAAHAHAH
NOW TIME TO DOMINATE THE TRADE MARKET

It's like monopoly, dudes. MONOPOLY. Except I cut the jail square off. And nobody knows there's money under the board except me.

Also, im sure some of you have heard, but ive been thinkin of holdin a sort of fashion contest here in the clan. I'll let you know about it once its written up cause thats when i'll have the deets all squared. Also if you want to be part of the war team, PM me! It's been almost 3 months since the Su/Mo meta dropped! Let's get this place rockin.

Last edited:

chess-z

campy vampire
Bank is here? I can finally use all of my precious bug types that I painstakingly bred and raised.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Nominating this

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Toxic

Lando is one of the most splashable mons at the moment. It provides momentum with U-turn and Intimidate, and gives our team a rocker. Helps against some stuff our team may have trouble with such as Scizor, Kartana, offensive Garchomp, and non Ice Punch Metagross. 16 speed EVs is to outspeed stuff that may be EVed to outspeed 8 speed EVs Lando because I don't see 8 spdef EVs doing much for Lando. The choice between Stone Edge and Toxic is determined by whether you want more coverage or want a way to whittle down some bulkier mons such as opposing Lando, defense Garchomp, etc.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well everyone the Hail ladder challenge is over and here are those who completed it!

NOBODY

WHAT'RE YOU SLACKERS DOIN'????

Oh well, next time I guess! Also the next ladder challenge should be up around the beginning of February, yeah? This one isn't as challenging as the last one, I promise!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Hey guys quick team building questions

How bad is running synthesis on kartana?

What is the best Tapu Koko counter right now?

Synthesis Kartana isn't UNviable, it keeps it healthy to continuously check things like Lando-T, Fini, and Lati. Kinda like LO Roost Lati of last gen. You know, it basically helps keep itself up as an offensive check and maybe mitigate LO! It really depends on how your team would prefer Kartana to be played. It might be kind of hard to justify it though cause Kartana kind of likes Night Slash/SD. Though you can prolly make it work!

Koko "counter" depends on its coverage. The best counter you can get all around is probably Ferrothorn if it's not HP Fire.

As for CCAT, i'll write it up later tomorrow, I don't forget! Also i've got the foundation of a contest im planning...let me mull over the deets a bit more before I finalize anything though. Sorry if im being confusing but it'll make sense later I promise!

If you wanna be on war team, do let me know! I'll make a beeline for you myself and we'll get something planned.

keep ur chin up

Last edited:

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Megasaur, Alowak, Tankchomp, Hippo, Dnite are all really good options.

It rarely runs fairy stab these days beware with dragons though as some run hp ice over fire.

A good 90% will be tbolt, volt switch, hp, uturn.

-----------------------------------------

Megazards can do some serious damage to us, particularly Zard-Y who can smack everything on the team pretty damn hard. One failed predict and we lose the ability to switch in Fini.

So I'm going to put forward

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream
248 HP / 8 Att / 252 SpD
Careful/Sassy Nature
~ Pursuit
~ Stealth Rock
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake/Fire Blast/Ice Beam

Standard SpD Ttar. Ruins the day of Sun and Hail teams. Ruins Zard-Y. Ruins any special sweeper not hitting it super effectively STAB. And has great type synergy with Magearna. We are left open to Ground moves, however this provides great opportunities for Buzz to get in and set up a sub. So that isn't a huge issue. Can take on Heatran as well who generally will not want to risk it until he knows our Variant. And if they don't know their calcs they may never know they outspeed.

The pretty simple that we need rocks and a way to stunt offensive teams. I do think that Landorus is a strong option. But I wanted to put up something against it that fits the team and alleviates some of the pressure we're putting on the last slot to deal with offensive threats. It also lets up pick off some mons that can cause issues.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

RIfE4Ri.png

credits to American-Pi

FINAL TEAM MEMBER NOMINATIONS

buzzwole.gif

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch

Here's a nice optimized and lure-ish set. Buzzwole; the swolest of bugs! The idea is to take advantage of switch outs/2passivemons, set up a sub, and punch away our woes whilst making beastly gains in attack! Very effective for knocking down defensive teams. It's own definitive defense means it won't be broken easily with weak physical hits. 0 Atk Lando-T's Stone Edge doesn't even break subs and the small Sp.Def investment means 0 Spa Toxapex' Scald won't break it either. The HP is so S-Toss won't be breaking the sub for sure and the speed will outspeed most Rotom-W. Thunder Punch means Pelliper, Mantine, and a slightly weakened Skarmory after a Focus Punch are KO'd. It's just good flying coverage to. T-Pex takes a bit from T-Punch and Buzzwole can just squat there fishing for a para and stall out some Recovers. ^^; I know you're thinking Ice Punch is best for true coverage, and it may be, but Lando-T isn't touching us anyways and Lando-I takes 50% from Focus Punch! Plus it means we can have even more recovery aside from lefites with the buffed Leech Life. Givin us ample opprotunity to maintain our sub. This things a beast against defensive teams, quite literally. Just needs someone to spot the things his coverage may not hit and not so stellar sp.def!

646-black.gif

Kyurem-B @ Icium-Z
Ability: Terravolt
EVs: 32 Att / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
~ Hail
~ Ice Beam
~ Fusion Bolt
~ Earth Power

Mixed Z-Hail Kyurem. This uses the standard coverage of wallbreaker Kyurem and couples it with the new access to a speed boost with Z-Hail to finally give it the ability to sweep instead of tear holes. Has brilliant coverage with the Buzzwole set, as they have common checks that Buzzwole will lure, allowing for Kyurem to sweep later in the game. The EVs are such that it will outspeed max LandoT that have the same level of boosts which the only notable speed tier outside the very rare Scarf Krookodile.

This allows for some extra points in Attack to make up for lack of Life Orb from last gen, and with Ice Beam there is no dip in accuracy. Earth Power easily deals with what it has to, namely AloWak and Magnezone who both fall prey to it.

Kyurem is an incredibly fun sweeper in the metagame and something I usually use defensively (due to its cool typing for specially defensive sets) and I am so happy it now has a sweeping set int he metagame. A better option than Weevil which is the other likely choice, mostly due to the fact that Kyurem can run a Tapu Lele for support whereas it stops Weavile from sweeping. And I am fairly sure that we are going to end up with one on the team, if only because it is a great hole puncher in its own right and is FOTM.

magearna.gif

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Magearna is really good, dudes. Like, really good. So good that straight up re-suggesting this set seems nice! Ok so here's the deal, Magearna can check a plethora of sp.atk'ers with AV attatched, the most important of which is Lele who makes our current dudes weep should they not be subbed or sped up. Ashy-Ninja, while it still chunks her, she can be used to pivot in and out with her Volt Switch. These two are currently the biggest players in the Sp.Atk game so it's a testament to how truly bulky she is. Fleur Cannon hits like a monster and the drawback can be mitigated with a Volt Switch if your opponents mon is slower. Flash Cannon is more STAB so she won't be completely weak and forced to Fleur in the face of things like Amoongus, Venu, Clefable, and turn into set up fodder. Shadow Ball and her speed EV's are meant to outpace the Adamant 252 Spe Wak. It's a bit of a commitment for a lure, but if you think it's not worth the bulk loss you can just run enough to outpace the suggested 132 Spe Marowak and put the rest in bulk. If Marowak truly becomes a non-issue, then we can just go for HP Fire to crisp Ferro and Scizor for Kyurem-B. Marowaks really annoying for Buzzwole though. >.<

She covers Buzzes Psychic/Fairy weakness, and can in return immediately dispatch frailer things like Koko and Zam. Keep in mind though, Koko's Terrain boosted bolt will sting her but she'll live the 2HKO 95% of the time. ^^; The dragons of today have a bit of a hard time, but with her around we're at least insured against dragon SPAM for Kyurem-B. Potential Soul-Heart boosts lets her become a force especially with max investment, her typing is gold and allows her to switch and scare out a lot to help us preserve momentum w/Volt Switch and get other mons in, and finally she's Magearna. Magearnaaa Her duty as an AV Tank is to take hits, dish them extremely hard, and preserve momentum w/Volt Switch to get our threats in against her switch ins such as Toxapex, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Momentum is especially important in this super offensive meta!

tapufini.gif

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald / Surf
- Natures Madness / Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Lookie here at this clamgirl! Tapu Fini is GameFreaks gift to us in a very much so appreciated defogger that is bulky and very usually loses nothing by its presence due to its typing, massive bulk, and movepool. What do I mean? She's just a fantastic blanket check for a lot of the tier. Natures Madness is an almost unfair move that works to keep Pokemon low and weakened for our other mons to take care of especially in tandem with Taunt. Moonblast is there though if you really feel like killing things instead of ensuring they're weakened by at least half current HP. Scald could be used for the off-chance of a burn against fliers and incoming other tapus though. Also it's water coverage for if we'll be needing it, but the pressure madness puts on is amazing against bulker builds. Lastly Defog is there to keep hazards a nonmenace, especially T-Pex' T-Spikes. This phys spread is I played around with a bit back, but it seems to be around the norm as the spread isn't really too hard to come to a conclusion to anyways. It lives the 2HKO from Metagross-Mega from full 85% of the time whilst outspeeding 8 spe Lando-T. She's also a fantastic Ash-Ninja denier as she resists fully special ninjas should Magearna be getting too much pressure to do so. Also deals well against Kingdra, Gyarados-Mega and rain general aside from Koko.

For more specific team support, Buzzwole and Kyurem-B may be quite powerful but not too much so to immediately plow through teams so Natures Madness+Taunt is good to get things low enough for them to go through and acrue their respective boosts to KO mon after mon. Buzzwole sort of checks Pheramosa should they not be packing Supersonic Skystrike so fini doesn't have to fear P-Jab. She's also a great fire resist for the team as we are needing one atm and handles Char-X. Her lack of recovery move is disturbing though, so don't let her take too many needless hits!

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice / Stone Edge
- U-turn / Swords Dance

Lando is one of the most splashable mons at the moment. It provides momentum with U-turn and Intimidate, and gives our team a rocker. Helps against some stuff our team may have trouble with such as Scizor, Kartana, offensive Garchomp, and non Ice Punch Metagross. 16 speed EVs is to outspeed stuff that may be EVed to outspeed 8 speed EVs Lando because I don't see 8 spdef EVs doing much for Lando. The choice between Stone Edge and Toxic is determined by whether you want more coverage or want a way to whittle down some bulkier mons such as opposing Lando, defense Garchomp, etc. The point of hp ice is to hit Lando and Garchomp but a boosted Stone Edge and Earthquake hit them pretty well too.

Oh it's another blanket check. Landorus-T! Lando-T is here to ensure we're getting our rocks on and keeping physical threats very less threatening! After a quick exchange, mc decided it was best for Lando-T to rock HP Ice or Swords dance as options. Hidden Power Ice brings opposing Lando-T/Chomp down rather quickly so they don't threaten Magearna too much or can be taken down by Buzzwole quickly. However, when running this we are forced to go for a Relaxed nature as not to lower the damage output. Meaning we'll have to forgo speed EV's. If you do opt for SD to give Lando a more physical edge and opt out of Ice, do feel free to place the 16 EV's from defense back into Speed and turn that Relaxed into an Impish nature! Swords Dance can turn Lando-T into a much more potent mon against fat and stall teams, especially against things like Sableye-Mega and Scizor-Mega. HP Ice Landorus' slow U-Turns with a Relaxed nature can ensure it goes after an opposing Landos U-Turn so that it's our momentum that's on the up and up! Lando/Fini is also a nice little defensive core in general as they cover each other weaknesses well.

SM OU Viability Rankings

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: terravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hail
- Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Ok now it's time for nominations for FINAL team member to begin!
5th round nominations shall end on
January 31'st 12:00 PM UTC -6
Sorry brandy, your suggestion came just a bit late. The round had closed already! Though I can add it for this round if you'd like.
We've got the last mon here already! There are still quite a few things we need checked, but let's see what you've got, dudes!

Get to suggesting that last mon.
We're already at the tail end of another CCAT of ours, we just love that there teambuildin. -w-​

Squirtlemasterr

Does anyone know where the move tutor in Sun/Moon is that teaches Iron Head? Is there even such a thing?

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Does anyone know where the move tutor in Sun/Moon is that teaches Iron Head? Is there even such a thing?

No such thing as move tutors (outside of the standard draco meteor, elemental hyper beams, elemental pledges) this gen thus far. As always, they'll be in the second series of games they release this gen, assuming there will be said second series (*cough*diamond and pearl remakes*cough*)

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Putting this on

Charizard @ CharizarditeX
Blaze
252 Art / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Flare Blitz
~ Dragon Claw
~ Rock Slide / Earthquake / Roost

Zard X. I think this is our best bet for value. The team is smacked silly by Zard Y, and out of all the things we can switch in a transformed Zard X is among the best. Dragon Pulse is afaik rare on Zard Y and so we resist the two primary attacks and are.neutral to the third. Now it's not reliable but patches it. The reason for this choice though is to get value by not forgoing our mega slot.

Personally, I think Mega Aero is probs the other of the two considerations here.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh very nice, brandy! A great scizor and volc check! Benefits from opposing Landos being chunked by all the other mons on our team that have the means to hit it especially HP Ice Lando and gives us a mega. Finis such a great defogger to it pairs great with Zard + it allows us another ferro dispatcher which our team struggled with a bit. I was really mullin over the next member to. >.<
I might suggest a bulkier spread if we opt for Roost though.

I've just about got everything set in for the fashion contest btw. I'm hopin to have it soon. It'll be somethin else for sure.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Oh very nice, brandy! A great scizor and volc check! Benefits from opposing Landos being chunked by all the other mons on our team that have the means to hit it especially HP Ice Lando and gives us a mega. Finis such a great defogger to it pairs great with Zard + it allows us another ferro dispatcher which our team struggled with a bit. I was really mullin over the next member to. >.<
I might suggest a bulkier spread if we opt for Roost though.

I've just about got everything set in for the fashion contest btw. I'm hopin to have it soon. It'll be somethin else for sure.

While I agree Zard X does seem like a nice addition to the team, doesn't it suffer from Misty Terrain? 50% less dmg from Dragon Claw is p annoying

Squirtlemasterr

No such thing as move tutors (outside of the standard draco meteor, elemental hyper beams, elemental pledges) this gen thus far. As always, they'll be in the second series of games they release this gen, assuming there will be said second series (*cough*diamond and pearl remakes*cough*)

I see. I thought that information seemed incorrect. Thank you!
Also, is there a reason the 7th Gen trade, region families threads are so incomplete?

Status
Not open for further replies.