• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Stall is the reason Duggy is being suspected.

Also sorry MS, I wasn't really online I was just in the room.

On to CCAT

First of all, Primal Groudon will be on the team because it is far and away the best thing in the tier. It fits on every team and is even more ubiquitous in ubers, than Lando-T is to OU. However it has a variety of sets it can run and they serve very different purposes. Therefore I think it's best to look for something to build around.

So I Present:

Arceus @ Ghostium Z
Multitype
252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
~ Swords Dance
~ Shadow Force
~ Extremespeed
~ Brick Break

Ghost Arceus is a monster and has been since gen 4. The New Multitype mechanics open the doorway for some very insane builds and this is among the best. A late game sweeper, or mid game hole puncher, the idea is to get a boost on something you force out, or just break something completely with Never Ending Nightmare. Brick Break promotes good type coverage, and ESpeed is just great. This just looks like a cool set that was viable before it got buffed by not having to use a 2 turn attack to get stab, you get the one shot STAB nuke which is always lovely.

This does find it hard to get past some of the defensive threats. Namely Fairy Arceus which is a relatively common wall among others, so there is space to build around it.

----------------------------------------

Won't be too unhappy if this doesn't get picked because there are so many good Arceus sets around. And I really want to try cheesy physical wall Flying Arceus.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
lucario-mega.gif

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified ---> Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail

Lucario is such a threat it doesn't even look at the mon ahead of it it looks straight at you.
With the mega buff comes another steel type that appreciates the auto speed buff, Lucario-Mega! This is a very straightforward set but with a +2 under its belt and the Adamant boost, Lucario-Mega can very well plow through teams unbothered. Bullet Punch is chosen over coverage as the Adamant can leave a bit to be desired at times in terms of speed but I feel the power is going to be very appreciated and we'll build accordingly! Bullet Punch helps to mitigate that as well by picking off weakened things with an ADAPT BP. Iron Tail is it's best Steel STAB on the physical side, unfortunately, but when it hits, it hits hard.

Adamant Lucario can outspeed Timid Lunala which is fine! The Bullet Punch revenge kills become much more potent as a result of the nature as well as just the general power output. Only with an Adamant nature can +2 Lucario-Megas CC 100% of the time OHKO 252 HP Primal Groudon. Straight up OHKO! And everybody and their mother carries that thing, man!

Of course, there are a few things that can ruffle Lucarios aura.
Toxapex and Aegislash can annoy this particular variant quite a bit so answers to those two would be appreciated should we choose this mon. Zygarde-C is just so bulky physically, it can live +2 Adamant hit even! So we've gotta make sure that's at least weakened. Psychic Terrain HO might be a prob as well as it nullifies BP and let's not forget the myriad of bulky ghosts in Arceus-Ghost, Lunala, and Giratina-O. With the first outspeeding, second outspeeding with a Scarf and can live a hit from ShadowSheild, and Giratina-O having a chance to live +2 and cripple or outright KO. It's also susceptible to revenge killers and scarfers should they have enough health left to take potentially boosted BP's.

Lucario-Mega is so satisfying to use though, I think it'd be great to utilize! Just hit em up with some hazard support, and damagers to get things in range of Lukes attacks and he'll deff show you whats up. -w-​

Last edited:

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Gonna do my own mini giveaway here because, as many of you know, I've been growing my apricorn/rare ball mon collection. So, just in time for Valentine's Day...
Dream_Love_Ball_Sprite.png

Dew's VO Love Ball Event

Pretty much, I'll breed up a poke that I own in a love ball for ya...practically for free! Send me a message on the forums or hit me up in the PS chat (I'm nearly always there) if you're interested.

Cutiefly
Eevee (HA)
Vulpix (HA)
Komala
Mimikyu
Stufful
Grimer-Alola (HA)
Honedge
Salandit
Feebas
Bounsweet
Mareanie (HA)
Cleffa
Phantump/Trevenant
Petilil
Swablu
Oranguru
Venipede
Chansey/Happiny
*Cleffa may take time because of the steps needed to get a 5 IV offspring*
**Specific Egg Moves upon Request**

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
FIRST MEMBER
NOMINATING ROUND

1DjRrfH.png

arceus-ghost.gif

Arceus @ Ghostium Z
Multitype
252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
~ Swords Dance
~ Shadow Force
~ Extremespeed
~ Brick Break

Ghost Arceus is a monster and has been since gen 4. The New Multitype mechanics open the doorway for some very insane builds and this is among the best. A late game sweeper, or mid game hole puncher, the idea is to get a boost on something you force out, or just break something completely with Never Ending Nightmare. Brick Break promotes good type coverage, and ESpeed is just great. This just looks like a cool set that was viable before it got buffed by not having to use a 2 turn attack to get stab, you get the one shot STAB nuke which is always lovely.

This does find it hard to get past some of the defensive threats. Namely Fairy Arceus which is a relatively common wall among others, so there is space to build around it.

lucario-mega.gif

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified ---> Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail

Lucario is such a threat it doesn't even look at the mon ahead of it it looks straight at you.
With the mega buff comes another steel type that appreciates the auto speed buff, Lucario-Mega! This is a very straightforward set but with a +2 under its belt and the Adamant boost, Lucario-Mega can very well plow through teams unbothered. Bullet Punch is chosen over coverage as the Adamant can leave a bit to be desired at times in terms of speed but I feel the power is going to be very appreciated and we'll build accordingly! Bullet Punch helps to mitigate that as well by picking off weakened things with an ADAPT BP. Iron Tail is it's best Steel STAB on the physical side, unfortunately, but when it hits, it hits hard.

Adamant Lucario can outspeed Timid Lunala which is fine! The Bullet Punch revenge kills become much more potent as a result of the nature as well as just the general power output. Only with an Adamant nature can +2 Lucario-Megas CC 100% of the time OHKO 252 HP Primal Groudon. Straight up OHKO! And everybody and their mother carries that thing, man!

Of course, there are a few things that can ruffle Lucarios aura.
Toxapex and Aegislash can annoy this particular variant quite a bit so answers to those two would be appreciated should we choose this mon. Zygarde-C is just so bulky physically, it can live +2 Adamant hit even! So we've gotta make sure that's at least weakened. Psychic Terrain HO might be a prob as well as it nullifies BP and let's not forget the myriad of bulky ghosts in Arceus-Ghost, Lunala, and Giratina-O. With the first outspeeding, second outspeeding with a Scarf and can live a hit from ShadowSheild, and Giratina-O having a chance to live +2 and cripple or outright KO. It's also susceptible to revenge killers and scarfers should they have enough health left to take potentially boosted BP's.

Lucario-Mega is so satisfying to use though, I think it'd be great to utilize! Just hit em up with some hazard support, and damagers to get things in range of Lukes attacks and he'll deff show you whats up. -w-

Yep, these are the two that were nominated for the first mon on our newest Ubers CCAT! Only one can be the first mon though! They're not entirely different, both are boosting physical sweepers. However, only ONE can be chosen! So choose according to what you wanna see built around! The first mon is aaalll up to you, yep. Just let it be known.

First mon voting shall end on
February 16'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Pokemon-Love-27-Facebook-for-InUth.com__zpswq9ikzrm.jpg

Happy Valentines Day, VO!

You guys are a lovely bunch! Always remember that you're absolutely fantastic even if you don't believe it and the odds seem against you. Even if you aren't particularly fond of V-Day itself you can share the love in general, at least!

Speakin of which, it'll be an easy
Valentines Event!

All you have to do is go to another members' VM (Visitors Messages) and message them with an
"I LOVE YOU"

~~~

Rules:

1. It's gotta have the exact "I LOVE YOU" text! Anything else is yours!
2. Only 2 people can be messaged per person! Anything else is excess but sweet.
3. No one can receive an "I LOVE YOU" more then once! We share the love well here!

If you can message two people, you shall receive 1 Battle Point! You know, cause love is a battle.

V-Day Event ends on

~~~

I really hope we can all have a nice day today and maybe a bit tomorrow to!

Thanks, VO, for bein as lovely as you are. <3

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Pokemon-Love-27-Facebook-for-InUth.com__zpswq9ikzrm.jpg

Happy Valentines Day, VO!

You guys are a lovely bunch! Always remember that you're absolutely fantastic even if you don't believe it and the odds seem against you. Even if you aren't particularly fond of V-Day itself you can share the love in general, at least!

Speakin of which, it'll be an easy
Valentines Event!

All you have to do is go to another members' VM (Visitors Messages) and message them with an
"I LOVE YOU"

~~~

Rules:

1. It's gotta have the exact "I LOVE YOU" text! Anything else is yours!
2. Only 2 people can be messaged per person! Anything else is excess but sweet.
3. No one can receive an "I LOVE YOU" more then once! We share the love well here!

If you can message two people, you shall receive 1 Battle Point! You know, cause love is a battle.

V-Day Event ends on

~~~

I really hope we can all have a nice day today and maybe a bit tomorrow to!

Thanks, VO, for bein as lovely as you are. <3

Are you kidding me

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
I proclaimed my love, sonichu.

What now.

golem12

Dragon Trainer
lol does that event still counts xD

edit: nvm saw that it was till the 16th and I posted two vms by two people who hadn't received one which were chess-z and brandy jay

also I vote for Lucario

Last edited:

chess-z

campy vampire
Dugtrio being suspected is kinda sad, as I am a hardcore stall player and it's one of my favorite toys, but I guess now I get to feel the pain of having my favorite toys banned.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
The idea of Dugtrio being suspected is absurd. Any other generation that would have garnered a nice "wtf".

Given I don't OU anymore, this still is a confusing moment. What is their reasoning?

chess-z

campy vampire
It's oppressive. Dugtrio can trap and out-grind just about any grounded threat. It also got +20 to att, meaning it can run jolly over adamant and still hit over 284 att.

Status
Not open for further replies.