• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
MELIE WHERE ARE YOU
o and

VO SuMo RU CCAT
Third Member Votan

671Florges_White_Flower_Dream.png

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 240 HP / 228 SpD / 42 SPATK
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

Most ppl tend to opt for a def Florges and bold nature but I like to maximize its incredible 154 SpD stat and go with a calm nature with a little bit of spatk, since it does have an above avg 112 spatk stat, with this spread it can easily take on any special set of mons such as Kommo-o, kingdra, cresselia, etc.

shiny_diancie_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d88o44d.png

Diancie @ Passho Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Diancie! The offensive stealth rockin variant. This Diancie makes its mark being a fantastic check to mons like Zoroark, Salazzle, Honchkrow, Kommo-O, and Swellow! The Passho is very cool as it turns her into a kind of e-check to Sharpedo and Kingdra as well. Moonblast and Diamond Storm are very appreciable STABs and its hard to turn down D-Storm with its 50% chance to highten our defense by 2. Lastly we have Earth Power as it helps clear out Doublade for Reuni as well as just roundin out coverage against Steel types in general as its compounds her offensiveness. Quiet Nature so her bulk isn't compromised as well as the damage output from Diamond Storm though you can change it to Modest w/Power Gem if it turns out we'd appreciate the speed. She works well to check Dark and Bugs type attacks that threaten Reinu and can come in on the fire types that scare out Durant as well and use the subsequently forced switches to set up rocks.

Here they are; two bug/dark resistin fairies on the agenda! One of which provides us with a switch in to particularly hard hitting special attackers and can heal the team whilse the other one sets up rocks and allows us a more offensive edge. Which could our team appreciate more? One or the other, you decide!

Durant @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

RU Viability Rankings

As always, only one can be chosen so place that one vote square where you want it! Third Mon Votan shall end oooonnn
June 18'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Signing up for water challenge

Oh no you're not! Not without signin the form!

Good show! Easy peasy, can do it while cookin and bathin and standin on my head and recitin shakespear and teaching my dog to talk and doin the 600 meter dash

also hehe fish
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-591582282

Last edited:

ptz

Whos list?:
Pokemon?: ( Charmander/ Level Ball
Nature?: Modest
What word are you thinking of right now

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ most excellent!

SuMo RU CCAT
Fourth Mon Nominations

632.gif

Durant @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Oh so here we got a nice little bugger; Durant! Durant packs quite a punch with its ability Hustle, and while it causes all his moves to have Stone Edge accuracy this can be remedied by one use of Hone Claws, which boosts those moves to over 100% accuracy after a +1. Essentially nabbing a +3 in conjunction with the Hustle boost and Z-Hone Claws. The crux of this set is Z-Hone Claws which is a Swords Dance and an accuracy boost in one turn! Let's not forget that better then average 109 base speed. Its this deadly combo of speed and power that makes Durant an excellent late game sweeper. The moveset is standard enough, I felt we could forgo Superpower for Crunch this time as Doublade is absolutely prominent in the tier and pretty much a hard stop to this hard working ant. It can also double as nuke that won't miss should we need it thanks to Blackhole Eclipse. Outspeeding Durant naturally is a hard thing to do in this tier, as 109 does outspeed a good chunk. Scarfers like HP Fire Shaymin, Fire Punch Flygon, and Flamethrower Zoroark can be a bit troublesome. The last two are rare though, from what I see, so be sure to scout for those scarves. Let's not forget Salazzle as a check as well. While most walls would be hard pressed to take a hit from Durant after a z-boost, they can still do so and do so well enough to cripple Durant. Notable mentions goes to bulky waters like Quagsire, Pyukumuku even Qwilfish or the ubiqutious Chesnaught who all eat from full and can proceed to either Haze away the boost or Roar away, so we need to ensure these are sufficiently weakened which brings home the point of hazard neccesity. With the exclusion of Superpower, certain Steels and Fires can give us a hard time as well. Registeel can eat and cripple with T-Wave and Torkoal/Rotom-H can plain roast us so we'll need to weaken those as well.

As mentioned, Durant is known for its late game sweepin capabilities! Once the opposition has been sufficiently weakened via rocks and general attackin this ant can go to town on the enemy with very little to stop it. Or depending on our team, Durant can easily be the one to punch holes for the rest of the team. Durant has poor special defense though so don't expect it to stand up in the face of STAB special hits. Though Durants resistances and decent physical defense still do help it to find many set up opportunities and +2 Hustle boosted attacks DO hurt. Don't believe me? Take a look. These are calcs on the tiers premier physical walls after the Z-Hone Claws.

+2 252 Atk Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 160-190 (48 - 57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 289-342 (73.3 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 217-256 (57.1 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

It just needs the proper team support and we're ready to flow. So Spikes/Rocks to help achieve 2HKOs and we'll need other mons to pressure Durant checks and counters such as special attackers. Chesnaught or Froslass can set up spikes as well Froslass can do so very quickly, but her frailty lends us to have to act quickly on them, but Chesnaught has more staying power. In the end, not a lot can stand to take more then 2 boosted hits from this little ant!

579.gif

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus is pretty fat and can sponge most non supereffective physical attacks. It also acts as a secondary wincon with Calm Mind and can help a lot with stall. Psyshock lets it outpace other Calm Mind users like Comfey. With Magic Guard Reuniclus provides the team with a switch in for Pokemon that try to poison and/or burn like Mantine, Gligar, Milotic, etc.

719_diancie_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hkbfb.gif

Diancie @ Passho Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Diancie! The offensive stealth rockin variant. This Diancie makes its mark being a fantastic check to mons like Zoroark, Salazzle, Honchkrow, Kommo-O, and Swellow! The Passho is very cool as it turns her into a kind of e-check to Sharpedo and Kingdra as well. Moonblast and Diamond Storm are very appreciable STABs and its hard to turn down D-Storm with its 50% chance to highten our defense by 2. Lastly we have Earth Power as it helps clear out Doublade for Reuni as well as just roundin out coverage against Steel types in general as its compounds her offensiveness. Quiet Nature so her bulk isn't compromised as well as the damage output from Diamond Storm though you can change it to Modest w/Power Gem if it turns out we'd appreciate the speed. She works well to check Dark and Bugs type attacks that threaten Reinu and can come in on the fire types that scare out Durant as well and use the subsequently forced switches to set up rocks.

RU Viability Rankings

Diancie has been chosen! Coming in on most of our previous mons' weaknesses, setting up rocks, and being able to hit hard back are all reasons why she found herself on this team. But now, it's time to get in on the next member!

Fourth Mon Nominations shall end on
June 22'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Get on it then. Suggest that fourth member! We're halfway into the team. Nows the time to really hunker down and figure out what it is we may really need at this point. Maybe somethin to cover certain types that can still spam their STABs? Or some weird anti-meta mon? ^^;
DECIDE AND POST

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Nice to see you all gettin so comfortble with the rain chall finally! Wrappin it up soon though! So we can move on to somethin a bit harder. You'll see what I mean, it'll be pretty straightforward!

chess-z

campy vampire
*shakes off the dust* Oh wow I better get my head back into the game. Rain, you say?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Been seeing a lot of mega tar around my elo for some reason

oo and what elo is that ^^
DD Tar really shines in the late game.

*shakes off the dust* Oh wow I better get my head back into the game. Rain, you say?

Better get on it quick, this rain chall's gonna be old news soon! It'll be replaced by a challenge that'll be pretty relevant to the competitive viability of this clan. Probably post it by late tomorrow! Let's see who's got in em to walk the walk.

Also, don't forget we have an RU CCAT, dudes! Gettin 2 offensive mons (or a core) and a rocker into a team and being unable to pinpoint what you need next is a common barrier for a lot of teambuilders, so it's imperative we try and move past this as best we can. Remember now, we can always play it safe. Scarfers are appreciated for all sorts of teams for one. Or we can even nab a better answer for RU's sun-styled teams. Cmon now, don't give up now! I'll extend the round to June 26'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

THIS CHALLENGE IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY FOR ANY POTENTIAL/CURRENT WAR TEAM MEMBERS
gYf2loF.png

As you all know, challenges and wars against other clans are very important! It's important we keep our skills sharp and our meta knowledge just as sharp. What did I mean by that?? Well, you can be a decent "battler", but if you lack knowledge about what certain pokemon do or how certain strategies work, you'll find yourself at a loss both literally and figuratively. It's important you keep battling, even if its just a little, every few days or so, and to keep on top of the kind of Pokemon you'll see and the few meta shifts that happen, no matter how small they are. As the war team for VO, I don't want for us to give an inch to the opponent in ANY faucet of our skills. Yes, losing is inevitable and normally there's something to gain from losing, but if we can help it, we should be winnin 100% of the time! The war team is an important part of the clan! Integral, in fact, i'd go as far as to say an absolute necessity to have a proper one up. This is the competitive section, and we ARE are a competitive clan. If you're here for the pleasantries, well, you'd do well to remember that in this clan everybody must have some semblance of OU-tact in them. Smogon OU is the lifeblood of sim-based competitive, and competitive is in our section-name so let's start showin it! I have faith in what we can be.

This challenge is Serious Business.
Remember now, its mandatory if you want to be in the war team and stay in the war team.
Fill out the form and wait for me to verify your alt to start.
Here are the rules for this challenge;

RULES:

You must start this challenge on a properly fresh Pokemon Showdown alt. No OU battles on it.

This challenge is Gen 7 Smogon OU.

You must attain a 1500 ELO ranking in OU under this alt.

You must post 3 replays of you getting to 1500, and one of those replays must be of you completing the challenge.

I DONT CARE HOW YOU DO IT JUST HIT THAT MARK

PS Alt?:
DO U BELIEVE?:

The prize will be the ability to keep a spot on the war team, 10 points, and a mon of your choosing from The Hatchery.

Do you have what it takes? I hope you do. 1500 is a pretty reasonable ELO, i'd say.​

Status
Not open for further replies.