• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
whos5.jpg

WHOS THAT POKEMON

Erron Black

The Outlaw
how bout lets not have a Hail setter and a Sand setter on the same team please

Suggesting:

Garchomp @Rocky Helmet
Rough Skin
40 Spe / 218 Def / 252 HP
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail
-Fire Blast

So I'm 90% sure this is a weird set but like hear me out: With normal Garchomp's speed we can lay out Stealth Rocks fairly safely against most mons, Dragon Tail can allow us to swap out any Pokemon that like to set up hazards like Toxapex or Pokemon that like to building up stats like Dragon Dancers/Swords Dancers/Quiver Dancers and it can also deal pretty scary damage to Pokes like M-Zard. Earthquake is standard STAB, no explanation needed there. Fire Blast is a little surprise move that can help us really hurt Pokemon on switch-ins that Garchomp would otherwise have trouble dealing with normally such as Tapu Bulu, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Celesteela, etc... Rocky Helm/Rough Skin are common pals which will help Garchomp keep most physical threats like Kartana or M-Heracross. The EVS allows Garchomp to tank physical hits better and deal more chip damage with Rocky/Skin combo + a nasty STAB EQ. Garchomp also has great synergy with Sand teams, so it would be a great choice nonetheless.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
how bout lets not have a Hail setter and a Sand setter on the same team please

Suggesting:

Garchomp @Rocky Helmet
Rough Skin
252 Spe / 236 Att / 16 SpAtk
Naive Nature
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail
-Fire Blast

So I'm 90% sure this is a weird set but like hear me out: With normal Garchomp's speed we can lay out Stealth Rocks fairly safely against most mons, Dragon Tail can allow us to swap out any Pokemon that like to set up hazards like Toxapex or Pokemon that like to building up stats like Dragon Dancers/Swords Dancers/Quiver Dancers and it can also deal pretty scary damage to Pokes like M-Zard. Earthquake is standard STAB, no explanation needed there. Fire Blast is a little surprise move that can help us really hurt Pokemon on switch-ins that Garchomp would otherwise have trouble dealing with normally such as Tapu Bulu, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Celesteela, etc... Rocky Helm/Rough Skin are common pals which will help Garchomp keep most physical threats like Kartana or M-Heracross. The 16 EVs in SpAtk help to smack some of those bulkier annoyances in the face dealing ~65-70% to Ferrothorn and nearly 60% to Tapu Bulu. Garchomp also has great synergy with Sand teams, so it would be a great choice nonetheless.

You're lookin at this a lil too much from surface value!

It's less about the Hail and more about Ninetales' ability to set up "dual screens" and make T-Tar's DD potential exponentially greater. Especially when its behind its own sand as well! It's a new type of offense that's been going around called Aurora Veil offense. It's kind of like the Dual Screens offense of so many gens ago. Though a regular sand team could suffice as well, it really depends on what the clan wants! Also, is it a bit of interesting set you got there, why not just go for TankChomp? 252 HP / 218 Def / 40 Spe sounds nice! Outspeeds Adamant Bulu as well as punishing fake out Lopunnys much more comfortably as it can proceed to EQ when they Ice Punch and not KO while we get in return, DO after another round of chip damage.

Last edited:

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian

It's less about the Hail and more about Ninetales' ability to set up "dual screens" and make T-Tar's DD potential exponentially greater. Especially when its behind its own sand as well! It's a new type of offense that's been going around called Aurora Veil offense. It's kind of like the Dual Screens offense of so many gens ago. Though a regular sand team could suffice as well, it really depends on what the clan wants! Also, is it a bit of interesting set you got there, why not just go for TankChomp? 252 HP / 218 Def / 40 Spe sounds nice! Outspeeds Adamant Bulu as well as punishing fake out Lopunnys much more comfortably as it can proceed to EQ when they Ice Punch and not KO while we get in return, DO after another round of chip damage.

Maybe he no want cookie cutter team

Erron Black

The Outlaw

I'm just not that comfortable with dual weather setters especially Sand/Hail bc they contrast too much. *shrug*

But yeah I think those EVs sound p good.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I'm just not that comfortable with dual weather setters especially Sand/Hail bc they contrast too much. *shrug*

But yeah I think those EVs sound p good.

On paper it does sound a bit odd, but when you take into account its necessity and how quickly Ninetales can put it up it's a lot more understandable. The meta does have its quirks and I suppose this is one of em!

Also does anyone not actually know the Pokemon I posted? Everyones been so close! Oh and I forgot to mention the Garchomp must be Impish!

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
On paper it does sound a bit odd, but when you take into account its necessity and how quickly Ninetales can put it up it's a lot more understandable. The meta does have its quirks and I suppose this is one of em!

Also does anyone not actually know the Pokemon I posted? Everyones been so close! Oh and I forgot to mention the Garchomp must be Impish!

i also thought it was cubchoo. my other guesses were lapeas, squirtle, and horsea

Also we can't really build a dedicated sand team with Mega Tyranitar as a weather setter. Tyranitar is a sweeper that wants to set up and start taking lives, leaving only a few turns of sand to enjoy. Also, because of the viability of Ground and Steel types, as well as a handful of Overcoat and Magic Guard users, it is possible to mitigate the effects of sand on our own teammates.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
i also thought it was cubchoo. my other guesses were lapeas, squirtle, and horsea

Also we can't really build a dedicated sand team with Mega Tyranitar as a weather setter. Tyranitar is a sweeper that wants to set up and start taking lives, leaving only a few turns of sand to enjoy. Also, because of the viability of Ground and Steel types, as well as a handful of Overcoat and Magic Guard users, it is possible to mitigate the effects of sand on our own teammates.

Very close but nope! Cmon Roc, you were spearheadin this! Without you, everyone is lost in this endeavor.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Nominating

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Tangrowth got a lot more viable this generation because of its ability to check common threats like Tapu Koko, non Fly Lando, Zygarde, and most water types such as Ash Ninja, Keldeo, and Tapu Fini; many of which are especially threatening to MTtar and can prevent it from sweeping. It's special defensive is rather low but an AV and max investment makes up for that somewhat, at least enough for it to check what it needs to check. Regenerator keeps it healthy and is a major factor in making it viable. Giga Drain is mandatory STAB while providing some recovery on the side. HP Ice is needed in order to get some nice supereffective damage off on Lando, Garchomp, and Zygarde. Knock Off helps against bulkier teams by getting rid of items like Lefties and Eviolite. EQ is useful for its ability to hit Steel types like Magnezone, Heatran, and Magearna.

windwakemeup

Bee Prince
PO/PS Name?: None
IGN: Vlinny (Moon), Voltaire (Sun)
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: 2552-3278-3638
Why do you want to join?: I used to be a part of a now-dead clan on here back in the day (magnet risers) and I'd love to get back into competitive battling. Been mostly breeding for comp pokemon in sun/moon.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: 0
Battling Experience?: Did a lot of gen 4/5 VGC back in the day and I'd love to get back into competitive battling.
Referrer?: n/a

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
PO/PS Name?: None
IGN: Vlinny (Moon), Voltaire (Sun)
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: 2552-3278-3638
Why do you want to join?: I used to be a part of a now-dead clan on here back in the day (magnet risers) and I'd love to get back into competitive battling. Been mostly breeding for comp pokemon in sun/moon.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: 0
Battling Experience?: Did a lot of gen 4/5 VGC back in the day and I'd love to get back into competitive battling.
Referrer?: n/a

Welcome! Thanks for joinin up, you look like you're quite fond of the slight bee motif to so I think you'll fit right in! If you'd like a test battle to launch out of Default, just ask any of the war team, council, or I and we'll bee glad to help. You'll receive a link to our chat shortly

Guessing Woopie the Wooper

Close! But it was actually Ducklett. Would you all still be on Pidgey if not for Roc?? >.<

VO SuMo OU CCAT
Round 2 Votin

ninetales-alola.gif

Winter Storm (Ninetales-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Hidden Power Fire
- Freeze-Dry

Alolan Ninetales, as I had mentioned before, allows us to bring in powerful sweepers like MEGA TYRANITAR to dismantle teams with ease. Y'all should know what the moveset does by now.

This Pokemon complements Tyranitar very well as it not only allows it to set up in the face of anything, but it also won't damage our own sweeper with Hail, as Tyranitar will bring in its own weather into the fray. And once again, for good measure, Ninetales has a good matchup vs Rain, which might be a hindrance to Tyranitar, as Swampert resists everything.

garchomp.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
40 Spe / 218 Def / 252 HP
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail
-Fire Blast

So I'm 90% sure this is a weird set but like hear me out: With normal Garchomp's speed we can lay out Stealth Rocks fairly safely against most mons, Dragon Tail can allow us to swap out any Pokemon that like to set up hazards like Toxapex or Pokemon that like to building up stats like Dragon Dancers/Swords Dancers/Quiver Dancers and it can also deal pretty scary damage to Pokes like M-Zard. Earthquake is standard STAB, no explanation needed there. Fire Blast is a little surprise move that can help us really hurt Pokemon on switch-ins that Garchomp would otherwise have trouble dealing with normally such as Tapu Bulu, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Celesteela, etc... Rocky Helm/Rough Skin are common pals which will help Garchomp keep most physical threats like Kartana or M-Heracross. The EVS allows Garchomp to tank physical hits better and deal more chip damage with Rocky/Skin combo + a nasty STAB EQ. Garchomp also has great synergy with Sand teams, so it would be a great choice nonetheless. Speed outspeeds Adamant Bulu.

tangrowth.gif

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Tangrowth got a lot more viable this generation because of its ability to check common threats like Tapu Koko, non Fly Lando, Zygarde, and most water types such as Ash Ninja, Keldeo, and Tapu Fini; many of which are especially threatening to MTtar and can prevent it from sweeping. It's special defensive is rather low but an AV and max investment makes up for that somewhat, at least enough for it to check what it needs to check. Regenerator keeps it healthy and is a major factor in making it viable. Giga Drain is mandatory STAB while providing some recovery on the side. HP Ice is needed in order to get some nice supereffective damage off on Lando, Garchomp, and Zygarde. Knock Off helps against bulkier teams by getting rid of items like Lefties and Eviolite. EQ is useful for its ability to hit Steel types like Magnezone, Heatran, and Magearna.

OU Viability Rankings

OU Pokemon Roles

These are the references for teambuilding and tier viability and stuff so look em up if you're curious about something!

Oh sorry for the wait, but it's here! The newest round! We've got Ninetales-Alola, which we've been over and is an excellent support mon for set up sweepers with its Aurora Veils as well as a tactical revenge killer against rain threats. It's comfortable speed and bulk means it'll usually get its Veil up at least once in a battle so long as the opposers aren't getting mean with their own weather setters! Tank Garchomp while old is tried and true as it punishes contact from physical attackers quite severely and in turn can put them into range of DD-Tars attacks as well as put up rocks and pressure mons like Skarmory, Ferro, and whatnot with its coverage. Let's not forget D-Tail to shuffle mons around which has the neat added affect of stopping Trick Room! Lastly, we have Tangrowth. The new gen has been very kind to its viability as it does switch into quite a bit of the meta as Lugia explained and can continue to do so comfortably due to its bulk and ability especially. Really, all were explained well!

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

But as always, only one may prevail. So vote!
Think hard and vote softly please..
Round 2 Votin shall end oooonn
August 6'th 8:00 PM UTC -6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.