• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ladder challenge complete. Reached 1530.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-649433688
Woot.

So I told DX to hit 1530 for the challenge and he ACTUALLY did it the ABSOLUTE MADMAN

CONGRATULATIONS

See? Didn't I tell you dudes its perfectly possible if you just believe. ;w;

You get 10 points and a mon if your choice from Hatchery, if you want it! Thanks so much for finishin the chall up, it must've been so frustrating at times, but, you got through while stylin on those playas. Keep that kinda conviction up!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Yay, I actually did it. And the video doesn't show what I did with Mega Latios. It was a Dragon Dance set. With a random Ice Beam to spit at Landorus. Works VERY well.

There really isn't a Pokemon that I need at all, so... I'll pass on the free Pokemon.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
6GTkTTR.png

credits to American-Pi

Spooky time is NOT OVER yet.

This here challenge is a simple concept, so here's the RULES.

Rules

1. You MUST use a Ghost type on your team.
2. It MUST be on the Smogon OU tier. We must always keep those OU skills sharp!
3. You'll get more points depending on which ghosts, only one ghost can count! Though an extra ghost is +2 points. That's it though on point gaining! Your lowest tier ghost is the one that counts towards your main point gain.
4. Oh yeah, you gotta post replays, but only winning replays above 1420 ELO count! These replays must come from a games after todays date, and only from one account! 5 replays minimum.
5. Sign the form!

Here's the points range;
OU Ghost: 8 Points
UU Ghost: 11 Points
RU Ghost 15 Points
NU Ghost: 19 Points
PU Ghost: 23 Points

If it aint obvious, you gotta commit to one ghost. So all your replays must focus on one ghost. Though you can use another ghost to be extra spooky for a sick 2 point extra! This is just bringin back some replays, so this should be ez! If you have any questions regarding rules and such; ask away. This is kinda new, so I might miss somethin, but I think I covered enough bases?

ur fave ghostie:
how was ur day:

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I have no idea what the points do exactly (heh), but... I'm going to give this a try. ASSUMING that I can just pick up where I left off in the ladder and not start all over again.

ur fave ghostie: Chandelure
how was ur day: same old, same old

DX 2401PT

Monitor
While the challenge may be easy... it's no fun to use an OU ghost. Going for the bottom of the barrel.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
ur fave ghostie: Aegislash
how was ur day: timely

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
hitmonlee.gif

fresh kicks (Hitmonlee) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

It's Hitmonlee, a form of speed control and a spinner wrapped in one! The set is very straight forward, Hitmonlee comes in and breaks through teams with its boosted High Jump Kicks or can clean up teams as well. Knock Off hits Ghosts as well as knocks off items from the likes of Vileplume, Garbador, Golbat, and Slowbro. Rapid Spin is VERY self-explanatory. Lastly, there's Stone Edge. Stone Edge helps to revenge kill things like Vikavolt, which is outsped even at +2 Timid. It does help out to hit Flying types in general to. Yep, High Jump Kick is scary strong to help break through teams and Hitmonlee is pretty fast with a scarf, easily capable of sweeping through teams late game! It'd be a nice mon to round things off with.

I'll end the suggestin round on October 28'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

~~~

6FjfMzR.png

Also, dont forget this! I'm not gonna let YOU.

Current participants are;

DX 2401PT
Conquer Phoenix
Rocxidi
Garlneil
00swms
Symphonian

We need 2 more! Do you got what it takes to battle with the big boys?? Huh, do ya, huh? DO YA? DO YA? DO YA??

While the challenge may be easy... it's no fun to use an OU ghost. Going for the bottom of the barrel.

You're gonna use physical Gastly with all punching moves named "Notorious Noarms"??

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Heh. Let's be a bit more realistic. If I'm using Gastly, it's going to have Destiny Bond and that berry that allows you to move first once your HP falls to a specific amount. ... Does Gastly get Endure? That'd be very nice. Endure, survive a hit, eat the berry, Destiny Bond, and bye-bye. Either that, or some Curse shenanigans. Or other ghosty stuff like... Grudge. Memento?

I'm using PU ghost. And... they really suck. But I refuse to use an OU ghost. For now.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

H e l l o !

Hello everyone! First things first, sorry for the absence! Normally im pretty available here but some surprise trainin kicked in for a friend of mine and she wanted to take me with her cause it was a long way from home and I kinda had no choice. It left me with very little time to be on chat, so I apologize! You guys can handle yourselves in chat though, it's threadstuff that needs tending to! Gotta keep events up and such. I should be around now though. So without further ado;

SuMo NU CCAT
F I N I T O

mismagius.gif

Mismagius @ Rockium Z
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam

Lure sets are always fun, and it is getting to that scary time of the year so a ghost sounds fitting. It's Rockium-Z Mismagius! A simple set, you just set up a Nasty Plot and sweep at the opportune moment. Shadow Ball is fitting for STAB, Dazzling Gleam is so certain mons like Scrafty and Guzzlord can be hit hard enough and the kicker is Rockium-Z, which lures in certain mons that may think they can take a hit. Such mons include Braviary, Golbat, Crogonal, Vikavolt, and sometimes Incineroar and Houndoom. With these mons lured and out of the way, we can pave the way for other teammates that would appreciate their presence not being felt anymore. Rockium-Z doesnt even have to be used, sometimes the coverage and power from a regular old Power Gem is enough, so its nice to have. Then we save the big hit for something else! Mismagius enjoys things out of the way that may look to take her out quicker then she can act, fast things like Sneasel, Frosslass, Sucker Priority and scarfers all can prey on Miss' often unfortunate defense. So we'll have to play around those more often then not, once they're out of the way, there's not much that can stomach +2 hits from this ghost. Well, except certain bulky mons, there's a plethora but most arent built to take many hits from a boosted missy so she should be good with the team support needed to weaken them in general!

sceptile.gif

DUDE (Sceptile) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Alrighty, how about this for an offensive partner? Sceptile appreciates the absence of things like Braviary, Emboar, Golbat due to Mismagius' +2 attacks and especially with the Continental Crush in tow. Specs Sceptile has immediate breaking power due to its high powered STAB and Focus Blast coverage. Seriously, not a lot can switch in too many times into specs Leaf Storm. Dual STAB at your convenience, one to initially break through fatter teams and the other for accuracy and a bit of increased longevity in the face of hazards. Focus Blast is to hit things like Cryogonal and Scrafty and Guzzlord. Don't forget Togedemaru which has become increasingly popular. Hidden Power Flying seems odd, but it's to be able to hit hard the tiers bulkier grass types like Virizion and especially Whimsicott who love to switch in on Sceptile. Plus its a go to against Emboar if we're forced to attack it up front. Sceptile also makes a great late game cleaner once its counters have been done away with!

rhydon.gif

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Rhydon is arguably the best rocker in the tier. It threatens out so many of the common hazard control and gets up rocks very easily on the things it comes in on due to its immense bulk. Even Xatu has to be wary of its Rock Blast when coming in and trying to prevent rocks. Rock Blast over any other rock coverage as it can take down Froslass with 3 hits through the sash. Choosing Rhydon as it meshes well with out current mons. Rhydon lures out bulky waters such as Vaporeon, Seismitoad, and Slowbro. All of which our current mons would love to take advantage of. Megahorn is almost purely so Malamar can get threatened out and can be used against a predicted grass type as well. Rhydons typing does compliment our current mons as the water and grass type attacks aimed at could provide a hard switch opprotune for Sceptile. Sceptile can then react with the appropriate coverage. Even some of Rhydons weaknesses can be used to get in Mismagius as well due to her typing and ability.

slowbro.gif

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Alrighty here. Slowbro this fine Poke? It can survive a hit from a Banded Emboar's Wild Charge AND tanks it's Superpower and Flare Blitz excellently. Not only that, non-Freeze Dry Vanilluxe really have a problem dealing with it. Max defense ensures we can survive hits from mons like Emboar, Hitmonlee, and Steelix. Calm Mind lets us boost on a switch-in which can easily give us an edge in a fight against Mons like Virizion. Scald and Psyshock are standard STAB moves, and Scald can let us try and get burns on switch-ins to mons like Sneasel which would definitely spell trouble for Slowbro. Slack Off lets us stay in with our Calm Mind boosts to keep us alive and well to keep boosting and taking out mons that would cause us trouble. It also pairs very well with Rhydon and Sceptile as it tanks the Water and Fire moves that would otherwise demolish them.

hariyama.gif

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Provides the team with a special tank, a Vanilluxe counter, and a dark resist. It forms a pretty solid defensive core with Slowbro and Rhydon. Close Combat is for STAB while Knock off gets rid of items and hits stuff that resist Close Combat like Golbat, ghost and psychic types. Fake Out and Bullet Punch double priority can help stop sweepers and pick off weakened mons. Plus, Bullet Punch can threaten against Whimsicott, which the team has a bit of an issue with atm.

hitmonlee.gif

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

It's Hitmonlee, a form of speed control and a spinner wrapped in one! The set is very straight forward, Hitmonlee comes in and breaks through teams with its boosted High Jump Kicks or can clean up teams as well. Knock Off hits Ghosts as well as knocks off items from the likes of Vileplume, Garbador, Golbat, and Slowbro. Rapid Spin is VERY self-explanatory. Lastly, there's Stone Edge. Stone Edge helps to revenge kill things like Vikavolt, which is outsped even at +2 Timid. It does help out to hit Flying types in general to. Yep, High Jump Kick is scary strong to help break through teams and Hitmonlee is pretty fast with a scarf, easily capable of sweeping through teams late game! It'd be a nice mon to round things off with.

Hey well that really wraps up any dark weakness, yeah? That about settles it for the NU CCAT! I'd like to thank everyone who participated, those who voted and those suggested, thank you! It was a slow-going at times but it's good to stick to it and help ourselves to better understand the ins and outs of teambuilding. Sometimes its as easy as buildin a core, but in a team-teambuilding environment, like CCATs, its super cool to see what everyone comes up with in regards to teammates and organization. It is imperative a competitive person stays on top of their ability to build coherently, after all. That being said, thanks all, for the efforts!

Mismagius @ Rockium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam

DUDE (Sceptile) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

lust for life (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

~~~

Is that another gen of teambuilds? Oh wow, part 1 of Gen 7 really is comin to a close, isnt it? We'll see more teambuilds though, dont you worry. It's just, that really flew by. Dont worry though, as long as mons is competitive that fighting spirit within you all will never truly dull! Might dim once in a while, but it NEVER goes out. That, I KNOW.

Anywho, we still need 2 MORE PEOPLE for the
VO Champions Tournament

We might just save it for the USUM meta though! Depends on what yall want, of course. Though we do need those other 2 combatants! I'll NEVER forget to keep reminding you all!

~~~

As for the
NU Team Challenge

Rules

1. Must use the NU CCAT team we just did!
2. Bring back 3 replays, winning replays!
3. These replays must be from above 1225 ELO!

~~~

There's always room for improvement so while going easy is ok most of the time, don't forget to really buckle down and train up for when the fighting breaks out! You GOTTA keep your battlin skills sharp. That's a MUST in comp mons. Meta knowledge, sets, teambuildin, gameplan, win conditioning, it all culminates into a better you. If you guys got ideas for more pokemon stuff you wanna see from the clan, lemme know! Im always up for new stuff to try with yall.

Thanks everyone for another cool halfgen! I wont spoil the tutors or anything like that for anyone, but that stuff is lookin kinda interestin!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
So I recently had to do a Moon Ball RNG spree in HG. And since Mewtwo was an asswipe that got caught in the 3rd Moon Ball when I specially prepared 24, I now have an excess of Moon Balls... enough to make an attempt at one more Legendary. And it just happens that there is exactly one more Legendary left in HG that can be caught in a Moon Ball: Rayquaza.

So... anyone want a shiny Moon Ball Rayquaza? The shiny options are as follows:
Timid/Modest: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Adamant: 17/31/31/19/28/31
Jolly: 12/31/24/13/10/31
Hasty: 27/31/23/21/31/31

Due to Generation IV RNG limitations, any shiny not Modest or Timid (in this run) requires caps.
So... any takers?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
So I recently had to do a Moon Ball RNG spree in HG. And since Mewtwo was an asswipe that got caught in the 3rd Moon Ball when I specially prepared 24, I now have an excess of Moon Balls... enough to make an attempt at one more Legendary. And it just happens that there is exactly one more Legendary left in HG that can be caught in a Moon Ball: Rayquaza.

Due to Generation IV RNG limitations, any shiny not Modest or Timid (in this run) requires caps.
So... any takers?

*walks up to drive thru*

Yeah ill have uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHpoophahaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

one adamant please, hold the speed!

Thank you for the offer, DX. This is very kind of you.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Order received. I'll get working on that shortly. First come first serve. Sorry to anyone else who would've wanted it but didn't even get a chance to see the offer.
I will VM the details later.

windwakemeup

Bee Prince

So... any takers?

Oh man I wish I would have jumped on this! Kudos to you doing 4th gen RNG though, I haven't quite got the hang of doing it myself. Been stuck messing with setting up ageto celebi rng (which honestly is harder but uh, I love suffering).

Status
Not open for further replies.