• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKCBK

activity post again. im still alive. been doing some soul searching these past few months and now im on the brink of a break through. ill probably get back on here and the discord some time soon to check up on yall

Lugia-sama

Sagacity

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

USUM Venenolocke

Oh hey, I found me an old nuzlocke ruleset I wrote up who knows how long back. As it turns out, quite a few of you wanted to do a Nuzlocke for your first run! So that's what we're doin. (if you want)

Keep in mind, this nuzlocke applies to USUM. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon! A nuzlocke for the very first time you run a game sounds kinda interesting, which is why some of us're interested in doin it!

VO_Banner.png

credits to 00swms

General Nuzlocke Rules

1. If a Pokemon faints you absolutely must release it as soon as possible. No second chances cause its your bro or main sweeper, or got unfairly crit, it's that BOND right there and that hurt that will give you the resolve to keep your other freinds safer.

2. If all your Pokemon faint that is GAME. OVER. That goes for everyone. No one is exempt to this rule, so you gotta ensure to train rigorously! If you dont...oh man.

3. This is a no-brainer. You must nickname EVERY. SINGLE. POKEMON. you get! If it already has a nickname then thats coo, but names just make it easier to get a liiitle bit more attatched to a mon.

4. You may only catch the first wild Pokemon you find in each area, route, cave, city, etc. If you're gifted a mon in a certain place that counts as the mon for the area. I know there'll prolly be some wacky way to get a new mon, so we'll go over that once someone hits it!

5. If you encounter a Pokemon you've already caught in another route or something, you are allowed to re-try until you encounter the first Pokemon that isn't something you already have. You can either do this or move on. Personally I move on!

6. Rule no. 5 and the beginning parts before you acquire Poke Balls is an exception for this rule. If you fail to "catch" a Pokemon and and its the first wild Pokemon you encountered of any area you're in, you cannot re-try to catch it again or any other mon in that area. Tough stuff. -w-

~~~

Guild Oriented Nuzlocke Rules

Last time I had some kinda strict rules, so this time i'm gonna go ahead and keep it simple.

1. Update when you want, but you gotta update at least 3 times here in thread and when you beat the game!

2. Give me the names of your deceased so we may put them in a memorial. THIS IS IMPORANT.

3. If you lose the nuzlocke, you dont have to reset the game, just play on as normal.

4. Once you beat the game you get 5 points.

5. Oh yeah, so we're all on the same page, we play by SET rules. It's maingame Pokemon, it's not THAT challenging.

Yeaahh, if I missed somethin crucial do tell me. It's been a while since we've done a clan nuzlocke together, so there might be somethin. Anywho, whether or not you wanna join is up to you, but you gottaa sign the form so I know you will!

Will you cry:
Are you a big man:

~~~

Way to go Mc! Congratulation, you hit the biggest rank!

...is what I WOULD say, but you DIDNT. And you wanna know why? Huh? HUH? DO YOU?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
A nuzlocke, huh? ... I have my own nuzlocke constraints for USM so I'm going to pass. I think my restrictions are more challenging.
1) If a dude dies, can't use it ever again. Not going to release it since I'll need trade fodder once the nuzlocke is over. Inefficient to release dead guys just to re-catch trade fodder later.
2) No hold items whatsoever except Amulet Coin. Which means no Z moves, Megas, etc.
3) No purchasing healing items whatsoever. All the money goes into Repels so I don't go insane at the later stages of the game, and buying every TM/clothing options once the game ends.
4) No using free bullsh*t stuff the game just hands you for no reason. Other than the initial starter at the very beginning of the game of course. None of that free Mega Lucario (XY) or free Mega Latias/Latios (ORAS).
5) No Exp All. Like in RGBY where you pretty much had to beat the game in order to get a REALLY sh*t version of the current-day Exp Share.
6) Only use Generation VII Pokemon. Does not include Alola forms of existing Pokemon. So if I am going to use a Pokemon, its national dex number MUST be 722 or after. Turns out a lot of Generation VII Pokemon are SH*T. Too bad.
7) Blind run. I looked at NO info whatsoever so I have no idea what to expect. Does Grass type hit Fire super-effectively in USM? Who knows. "Wait, why did Leech Life do that much damage?!" (SM)
8) No trading and yadda yadda. Solo op all the way.
9) No Legendaries, Ultra Beasts, etc. Just your regular average crappy Alola Pokemon only.
10) No TM usage whatosever. None of that infinite TM bullsh*t. Remember the days when all the good TMs were one-time only?

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity

USUM Venenolocke

Oh hey, I found me an old nuzlocke ruleset I wrote up who knows how long back. As it turns out, quite a few of you wanted to do a Nuzlocke for your first run! So that's what we're doin. (if you want)

Keep in mind, this nuzlocke applies to USUM. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon! A nuzlocke for the very first time you run a game sounds kinda interesting, which is why some of us're interested in doin it!

VO_Banner.png

credits to 00swms

General Nuzlocke Rules

1. If a Pokemon faints you absolutely must release it as soon as possible. No second chances cause its your bro or main sweeper, or got unfairly crit, it's that BOND right there and that hurt that will give you the resolve to keep your other freinds safer.

2. If all your Pokemon faint that is GAME. OVER. That goes for everyone. No one is exempt to this rule, so you gotta ensure to train rigorously! If you dont...oh man.

3. This is a no-brainer. You must nickname EVERY. SINGLE. POKEMON. you get! If it already has a nickname then thats coo, but names just make it easier to get a liiitle bit more attatched to a mon.

4. You may only catch the first wild Pokemon you find in each area, route, cave, city, etc. If you're gifted a mon in a certain place that counts as the mon for the area. I know there'll prolly be some wacky way to get a new mon, so we'll go over that once someone hits it!

5. If you encounter a Pokemon you've already caught in another route or something, you are allowed to re-try until you encounter the first Pokemon that isn't something you already have. You can either do this or move on. Personally I move on!

6. Rule no. 5 and the beginning parts before you acquire Poke Balls is an exception for this rule. If you fail to "catch" a Pokemon and and its the first wild Pokemon you encountered of any area you're in, you cannot re-try to catch it again or any other mon in that area. Tough stuff. -w-

~~~

Guild Oriented Nuzlocke Rules

Last time I had some kinda strict rules, so this time i'm gonna go ahead and keep it simple.

1. Update when you want, but you gotta update at least 3 times here in thread and when you beat the game!

2. Give me the names of your deceased so we may put them in a memorial. THIS IS IMPORANT.

3. If you lose the nuzlocke, you dont have to reset the game, just play on as normal.

4. Once you beat the game you get 5 points.

5. Oh yeah, so we're all on the same page, we play by SET rules. It's maingame Pokemon, it's not THAT challenging.

Yeaahh, if I missed somethin crucial do tell me. It's been a while since we've done a clan nuzlocke together, so there might be somethin. Anywho, whether or not you wanna join is up to you, but you gottaa sign the form so I know you will!

Will you cry:
Are you a big man:

~~~

Way to go Mc! Congratulation, you hit the biggest rank!

...is what I WOULD say, but you DIDNT. And you wanna know why? Huh? HUH? DO YOU?

Wat

10char

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
A nuzlocke, huh? ... I have my own nuzlocke constraints for USM so I'm going to pass. I think my restrictions are more challenging.
1) If a dude dies, can't use it ever again. Not going to release it since I'll need trade fodder once the nuzlocke is over. Inefficient to release dead guys just to re-catch trade fodder later.
2) No hold items whatsoever except Amulet Coin. Which means no Z moves, Megas, etc.
3) No purchasing healing items whatsoever. All the money goes into Repels so I don't go insane at the later stages of the game, and buying every TM/clothing options once the game ends.
4) No using free bullsh*t stuff the game just hands you for no reason. Other than the initial starter at the very beginning of the game of course. None of that free Mega Lucario (XY) or free Mega Latias/Latios (ORAS).
5) No Exp All. Like in RGBY where you pretty much had to beat the game in order to get a REALLY sh*t version of the current-day Exp Share.
6) Only use Generation VII Pokemon. Does not include Alola forms of existing Pokemon. So if I am going to use a Pokemon, its national dex number MUST be 722 or after. Turns out a lot of Generation VII Pokemon are SH*T. Too bad.
7) Blind run. I looked at NO info whatsoever so I have no idea what to expect. Does Grass type hit Fire super-effectively in USM? Who knows. "Wait, why did Leech Life do that much damage?!" (SM)
8) No trading and yadda yadda. Solo op all the way.
9) No Legendaries, Ultra Beasts, etc. Just your regular average crappy Alola Pokemon only.

Hey if you wanna make it harder, go ahead! You can still join under your own harder rules!

Wat

10char

You must defeat me in a best of 5! SM OU!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Hey if you wanna make it harder, go ahead! You can still join under your own harder rules!

Can I get more points for my hardcore run?

And since you are not responding to the VM, I will copy and paste what I asked you there.

"So. Rayquaza. I will get the Adamant one, shiny. In a Moon Ball. ... Do you want a nickname on it?
And in exchange... do you have either a Salac or a Liechi Berry? I'd ask for a Custap, but I don't think that's accessible in Generation VII."

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Can I get more points for my hardcore run? ... Also forgot constraint #10 (there was always 10): NO TM usage. None of that infinite TM shenanigans.

And since you are not responding to the VM, I will copy and paste what I asked you there.

"So. Rayquaza. I will get the Adamant one, shiny. In a Moon Ball. ... Do you want a nickname on it?
And in exchange... do you have either a Salac or a Liechi Berry? I'd ask for a Custap, but I don't think that's accessible in Generation VII."

Sure, why not? 8 points!

Oh I coulda sworn I replied. Please name it September 21'st. I might have either of those! Which one do u want more

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Sure, why not? 8 points!

Oh I coulda sworn I replied. Please name it September 21'st. I might have either of those! Which one do u want more

In that case...

Will you cry: Pff, no. This ain't my first rodeo.
Are you a big man: YES

For the Rayquaza, that nickname is not going to fit. Generation IV nicknames are at max 10 characters long. And I would like a Salac more.

Will you cry: Probably not
Are you a big man: ABSOLUTELY NOT

I'll be doin some variation of the nuz too. Prob Dx's but without the #6.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Well, casualty #1 in the Nuzlocke run thus far. Froot Loops the Pikipek has suffered a pathetic pitiful death in the hands of an underleveled Meowth and a crit. While at at least 70% HP. Time for Froot the 2nd.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
wat

r u srs

Well, yea. It's kinda anti-climactic to hit that rank and not duke it out, ykno?? Think of it as Gary at the E4. You beat the E4 and Lance but then Gary's in the back. Not that I'm Gary status of course, but a surprise chall should be somethin you'd be easily able to overcome for someone who's come so far! I just REALLY wanna see how far you've come! When the stakes are high, peeps bring their best, and I really wanna see firsthand what you've got at the end of this climb! After this, you'll be doin events here merely for fun and challenge. :n;

See where I'm gettin at?

~~~

USUM Nuzlocke Update #I

Hello everyone! Today's been an odd day. My mom kicked me out her house shortly after we got settled, but she did so with an absurdly large amount of money and love so I cant be mad! I do love my mom but she can be so generously harsh! I did manage to find a couple mons I never could have expected would have made the team so early. Right off the bat, I encountered a nice lil Inkay whom I named Seija. She's been a blast to have and i've never quite trained an Inkay. Her odd ability is Contrary, which is almost broken as the the "trainers" I fight dont seem to realize their Growls are only makin her STRONGER. Shortly after breezing through the first routes, chillin with that crazy cool lookin Prof, doin those battles, and talkin to that one hyper dude and the hatgirl a bunch, we finally made it to the school! Everyone there was also kinda breezy, and that's where I met my second team recruit; Meowth! She's a feisty one who's gotta big Bite thanks to Technician. I havent used her too much but she did solo that one dudes' Ekans, which surprised me. No EXP share for me! After talking my way into Hau'lilou City I rummaged through this guys' lawn and found a really unexpected find in Mime. Jr! I dont know what to expect from her just yet, but she'll be an interestring train for sure! I'm just barely writin this from inside the Center in Halilou City so wish me luck, lads~

inkay_sprite_by_zieawesomeprussia-d7bjocm.png

Seija the Inkay
Female
lvl 9
Contrary
Foul Play~Peck~Constrict~Reflect

alolan_meowth_sprite_by_noscium-dadbn93.png

Ritz the Meowth
Female
lvl 8
Technician
Scratch~Growl~Bite

Spr_4p_439.png

Ed the Mime Jr.
lvl 9
Female
Soundproof
Round~Confusion~Copycat~Meditate

Last edited:
Nuz update!

I'm not sure how everyone's counting new areas, but I've been going with 1 for all of route 1 rather than coast, school, and plains. Also totem areas are fair game after beating the totem only.

I've just hit whatever the volcano is called with recently one casualty. The rules I've decided on have been no shop, no tms. Pretty tough game so far and yall should expect deaths if you're not babies and don't grind or use exp share. Kinda luck dependent and I think I've been quite lucky with the mons I've got.

Max the Loppuny
@21 w/Cute Charm
- Splash
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Encore

Cha the Hawlucha
@21 w/Unburden
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Karate Chop
- Aerial Ace

-other boxed mons that are unused and I don't remember-

DEAD
PELIGRO the Magnemite
Cause: Wild Salandit Dragon Rage

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Dam Meta sorry to hear that
Did the discord crashed for y'all

nah it wasnt that bad, have to move out somehow!
yes but only for a little bit

Nuz update!

I'm not sure how everyone's counting new areas, but I've been going with 1 for all of route 1 rather than coast, school, and plains. Also totem areas are fair game after beating the totem only.

I've just hit whatever the volcano is called with recently one casualty. The rules I've decided on have been no shop, no tms. Pretty tough game so far and yall should expect deaths if you're not babies and don't grind or use exp share. Kinda luck dependent and I think I've been quite lucky with the mons I've got.

Max the Loppuny
@21 w/Cute Charm
- Splash
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Encore

Cha the Hawlucha
@21 w/Unburden
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Karate Chop
- Aerial Ace

-other boxed mons that are unused and I don't remember-

DEAD
PELIGRO the Magnemite
Cause: Wild Salandit Dragon Rage

WHERE AND WHEN
also nice Lucha, I didnt know you could get one there so but I did run into somethin else that's really been pullin her weight, and another promising one.

USUM Nuzlocke Update #II

Alola, dudes! *jedi mind control hand motion* It's been busy as immediately after leaving the Pokemon Center I ran into that big half-naked Hallelujah and he was wresting with a Tauros, as I didnt want any part of that, I took the other route and ran into two hostile skeleton dudes. Not to worry though, the jumpy guy jumped in and took one on while I took the other! It was nothing for Inkay. Afterwards, I did a bit of grinding in someones yard and was killing all the Pokemon there until they saw me and chased me out, which was rude, but I suppose it was deserved as I took all the exp with me! With that EXP, I was able to defeat that guy who I thought was a girl at first, honestly it was scary, cause that Smeargle really did throw me for a loop with that coverage. It took the combine might of Ed's Confusion, Meowths Fake Out+Growl, and Inkays Foul Play to best it. Once we did, and tore off all those nasty looking stickers on the wall of the city, we managed to sidle around the big dude wrestling the Tauros and went onto the next area! It was a nice route. First thing I found was a Furfrou, I went ahead and caught it as those're the rules and she's been a big help and I could tell she would be intensely loyal. I named her Fidélité, which is French for loyalty (or thats what Rotom Translate told me). After a bit of strolling, we strolled into a cemetary which was full of people who wanted to battle, which is actually kind of rude considerin the area we were in. Though it was there i ran into Zubat! He's a lil weak right now, but he tries his best. Ill grind him up for sure, he's gotta be able to pull his weight, after all, but he's got guts and guts is enough! He's been dubbed Pazuzu.

After all that hubub and some more grinding, and beating other kids, and spinning around in circles, we made it to the trial site! Where that guy? greeted us and said his thing about me bein strong and him wantin a fight, honestly it just blurred by. His trial was kinda fun, playin exterminator was a definitely somethin new! Though in between the trial those skeletons got in the way and did their skeleton shuffle while I had Fidélité and Ritz beat em back.

The totem mon was tricky, it was a big fat rat and he called for help. I wasnt too sure how to go about it, but luckily I had planned ahead and gave everyone berries, which worked out favorably! I lead Ed by accident, actually. I moved to the front and totally forgot why. So while she ran away and prayed they didnt have Pursuit, Fidélité fought those pack rats off with a combo of her Headbutt and Sitrus Berry activating! It was scary cause they were goin for Bite flinches and if she faltered, I really didnt know how I was gonna go about defeatin it as Inkay was up next but three headbutts to the dome was enough for the big Rat!

Now we're headed North while searching for that hat girl that im supposedly responsible for. No ones GONE gone yet, but I fear its only a matter of time.

inkay_sprite_by_zieawesomeprussia-d7bjocm.png

Seija the Inkay
Female
lvl 13
Contrary
Foul Play~Peck~Psywave~Reflect

alolan_meowth_sprite_by_noscium-dadbn93.png

Ritz the Meowth
Female
lvl 12
Technician
Scratch~Growl~Bite~Fake Out