• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
So... looks like I'm the only one sticking with purely Generation VII Pokemon, needlessly making things difficult. Which is the whole point, I guess.

Current team:

Dartrix (Cedriv), level 20
Quirky. Razor Leaf, Ominous Wind, Astonish, Peck

This thing loves to miss Razor Leaf. And get outrun by things 6 levels below it. And flinch to every Headbutt. I also wanted to name as Cedric (the owl), but I wasn't looking at the screen while confirming the nickname, and I realized right after that there was a typo.

Yungoose (Crapsack), level 15
Bold. Tackle, Leer, Pursuit, Sand Attack

I remember this thing from the LAST Nuzlocke in SM. And it was SH*T. But unfortunately, being limited to pure Generation VII doesn't give me other options.

Cutiefly (Scarfber), level 16
Impish. Absorb, Draining Kiss, Silver Wind, Struggle Bug

If I recall, its evolution is a bee with a scarf. Thus Scarfbee, but with an intentional typo at the end. I hope to have a team full of typo-nicknames.

DEAD STUFF:
Pikipek (Froot Loops). Cause: underleveled Meowth with Bite
Grubbin (Bug Bus). Cause: unknown, but involves wild Dunsparce (wasn't looking at the screen)
Crabrawler. Cause: sacrificial lamb due to accidentally not nicknaming it
Trumbeak (Froot Mk II). Cause: one-shotted by underleveled Machop with Revenge

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
This new Poison/Dragon is lookin pretty fun to use in OU. Broken? Cant say for sure, we'll see how the meta develops around it. As of right now though, I can see stuff like Sp.Def Tran and Scarf Ninja growin in usage because of it.

I do quite like it though, Poisons dont get enough love, and its perfect for the offense-lover who also loves to have somethin to absorb t-spikes.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Nuzlocke Update

Current Location:
Route 13, heading to 14. If I recall, this was where the Mimikyu trial was?

Current team:
Decidueye (Cedriv), level 42. Quirky. Razor Leaf, Spirit Shackle, Synthesis, Pluck.
Mudsdale (Packmuke), level 38. Adamant. High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Double Kick, Bulldoze.
Charjabug (Voltagr), level 36. Quirky. Acrobatics, X-Scissor, Spark, Crunch.
Golisopod (W2imp), level 35. Sassy. First Impression, Sucker Punch, Sand Attack, Struggle Bug.
Lurantis (Mantisbukb), level 36. Quirky. Fury Cutter, Leaf Blade, Synthesis, Petal Blizzard.
Salazzle (Venozarf), level 34. Timid. Flame Burst, Nasty Plot, Dragon Rage, Smog.

DEAD STUFF:
Trumbeak (Froot Thrid). Cause: crit and the opponent winning a speed tie
Grubbin (Bug Bus). Cause: unknown, but involves wild Dunsparce (wasn't looking at the screen)
Yungoose (Crapsack). Cause: Igglybuff. And Sweet Kiss induced suicide. Hence Crapsack.
Cutiefly (Scarfber). Cause: that Totem Water/Bug spider.
Wishiwashi (Swaemling). Cause: crit.
Salandit (Smoglizarf). Cause: missing Smog against 10% HP Sylveon.

60% casualty rate thus far. Guaranteed more will die. Some will be used as sacrificial lambs for the great journey. But most will just fall in battle. I can't use TMs or Z moves... but the opponent can.

I'm currently contemplating on removing the constraint for not using Exp All (since Generation V type exp gain is in effect), and instead, banning myself from using the Rotom boosts (except the prize money one for financial efficiency). Giving my lead guy +1 to everything in a battle is kind of cheap.

Nuzstuff

Where they at?
Just finished up Electric trial. Most trials were simple because of a single poke sweeping through. Deaths so far have been from stray hits and sacrificing some things here and there. I could've made my life easier if I sacrificed a water mon over a ground mon but everything's fine so far. Hawlucha cleared Araquanid, Lurantis, and Olivia. Gyara made Marowak really easy. And my boy spiky cleared Togedemaru. My boxed mons are pretty awful right now so if anything else goes down I'll be in some trouble.

Team:

Max the Loppuny
@32 w/Klutz (messed this up last time)
- Splash
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Jump Kick

Cha the Hawlucha
@32 w/Unburden
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Flying Press
- Aerial Ace

Ellena the Gyarados
@30 w/Intimidate
- Water Pulse
- Thrash
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Fang

Zero the Cloyster
@31 w/Skill Link
- Supersonic
- Icicle Spear
- Protect
- Spikes

Wendy the Trevenant
@32 w/Natural Cure
- Curse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Claw
- Leech Seed

Bart the Dugtrio
@31 w/Tangled Hair
- Metal Claw
- Sucker Punch
- Bulldoze
- Magnitude

dead boys:
PELIGRO the Magnemite
Cause: Wild Salandit Dragon Rage @ volcano mountain trial area

Mela the Larvitar
Cause: Shellder's(Zero) Icicle Spear @ the bay area on the first island where you can find salamence or whatever

Rox the Stufful
Cause: Sacrificed to Hau's Raichu. @ Melie™ City. Sorry buddy, you coulda been a big Bewear.

Danny the Sandygast
Cause: Sacrificed to something. Honestly don't remember what he died to.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Update time
After grinding for a few hours to beat the fire trial after realizing that brick break just smashed my whole team i have finally on my way to beat Oliva.

My team as it stands
Mars the Zoroark lvl 30
Tixe the Lopunny lvl 30
Jose the Magby lvl 26
Thatch the Dartrix lvl 28

Pokes that didn't make it
Larvitar
Noibat
Psyduck

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM Nuzlocke Update #III

It's a little somber; the mood. I can't say I didnt expect, I definitely didnt want it, but there's been a loss. Let's go over things first.

The search was on for that sundress girl. After scouring clifftops swarming with swooping birds out for eyeballs, to more horribly hostile people, I emerged into a pleasantly floral field! This is where hatgirl was, as it turned out, she lost her E.T. and wanted me to get it cause she didnt wanna get pollen in her hat or something. So that I did! After gagging on pollen due to the sheer viscosity of the flowers in the field, we were besmirched with a Butterfree who quite liked the fact that I was covered in pollen. After attempting to eat me and a severe beating by Ed, who found it in herself to evolve, way to go Ed, by the way, she's been wantin it, I caught this Butterfree and named him Popcorn cause thats how I like my popcorn. Butterfree! Haha, get it?? Sorry, just tryin to cheer up after the loss. He did learn Sleep and Stun Power quickly though! Shortly afterwards, we spotted E.T. waddling its way into a crevice and luckily my diet subsists on grass and seawater so I was able to fit into that crevice as well! It was there we ran into some Tron cosplayers and they wanted to fight, but they were put down by Pazuzu! He had really been comin on to his own, the battle was a lil hard, but his Wing Attacks were enough. After that, we rescued E.T. and started to head back and were ambushed by that jumpy guy who quite obviously got the jump on me. We fought and his Popplio was first, I....I didnt expect Popplio to be a problem. Pazuzu was rarin to take it out, a Wing Attack to the face, then a Water Gun to Pazuzus, then another Wing Attack, but I felt fine as the damage output from Popplio was palatable...that is, until it got into Torrent range, which wasn't something we had in mind. The next Water Gun was too much for Pazuzu, his life was cut short in a boosted barrage of water. I was taken aback, it had truly dawned upon me the reality of the situation. Things were so easy at first, but seeing Pazuzus depleted health was a stark reminder that behind the smiling faces and seemingly easy trainers, always hid the staunch stench of death. Waiting to make its presence all too clear. My expression was that of momentary horror at this realization, and then stoneface. I had to avenge Pazuzu and carry on his legacy.

The rest of the battle was brutally meticulous on my part. I sent out Fidelite and ordered her to Breakneck Blitz that Popplio into oblivion. Then Seija cleaned up his other ones. After parting with these weird people, I decided to head back into the cave to find our next partner. It was in this area we encountered a wayward Psyduck by the pool! It was an easy catch and henceforce he shall be known as Dodger cause he dodged one of Popcorns powders. After leaving the area and being invited to leave this bittersweet island alltogether, we had been gifted a riding Tauros by the sumo wrestler guy to help aid our journeys mobility. It wasn't a fighting mon, just one to ride around. Together we found our way into a cave located near my house where we found a cheeky little Mawile. Wasn't cheeky enough to avoid my Poke Ball though and I named him Ita. Then we came across a clearing where a Machop was training. He challenged us and gladly joined our party! Machimuchi the Machop! After scrounging around that place some more, we found a Flynium-Z, we left, and we were off to the surf games. Turns out, everyone just surfs everywhere and boats are hardly used. Im not sure if thats safe, but it sure is rad. Surfing on Mantine proved a lot easier and funner then I anticipated! It was a blast all the way, but after arrival, I had to collect myself for the next task at hand. I placed Pazuzu in his final resting place of a sky-themed PC box dubbed Heaven. You're flyin high, Pazuzu. Higher then the rest. You'll always be with us, Pazuzu. I wasted no time on this new island, I grabbed Dodger the Psyduck, found the first route and caught myself TopPec the Pikipek. May my experience win the day, I hope it will, at least, for my partys sake.

inkay_sprite_by_zieawesomeprussia-d7bjocm.png

Seija the Inkay
Female
lvl 17
Contrary
Foul Play~Thief~Psywave~Reflect

alolan_meowth_sprite_by_noscium-dadbn93.png

Ritz the Meowth
Female
lvl 15
Technician
Scratch~Growl~Bite~Fake Out

Spr_4d_122.png

Ed the Mr. Mime
lvl 16
Female
Soundproof
Round~Confusion~Copycat~Mimic

furfrou_sprite_by_noscium-d6m4nf9.png

Fidélité the Furfrou
lvl 18
Female
Fur Coat
Headbutt~Growl~Sand Attack~Baby-Doll Eyes

butterfree.png

Popcorn the Butterfree
lvl 14
Male
Compound Eyes
Gust~Confusion~Sleep Powder~Stun Spore

psyduck.png

Dodger the Psyduck
lvl 15
Male
Cloud Nine
Scratch~Tail Whip~Water Gun~Confusion

Spr_4p_303.png

Ita the Mawile

Spr_4h_066.png

Machimuchi the Machop

pikipek_sprite_by_luigi_player-dafeqgm.gif

TopPec the Pikipek

zubat-f.png

Pazuzu the Zubat

Fell to a torrent boosted Water Gun.

also in kinda unrelated news;
this was my last battle while S/M was the current tier
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-660464219

Oh, S/M. You were a fun meta.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM Nuzlocke Update #IV

D*RN IT, I TRIED, I TRIED, I REALLY DID. Marching onward towards my next challenge, we encountered a lot. There was a town, or at least, I think. It didnt have much of anything interesting! UNTIL the next route where we ran into a SHINY Metapod as our first encounter! I didn't believe it, a shiny freakin Metapod for no reason. I can post pics to! This orange guy HAD to be mine, first encounter and all. We caught him and named em Cheeto. I hoped I hadn't used up all my luck on that, because man, that's the kind of encounter that doesn't happen every day for a person, especially at base odds

shiny_metapod.jpg

Sorry, I shoulda taken more and better pics! But I just wanted this little guy ASAP and the camera pans kept going to my own char and Popcorn. This encounter was super sick.

Our next stop was a shanty kinda western town. There we were harassed a bit by the locals for stepping onto their farm, but it was ok, we made off with one of their Mudbrays whom I named Cauli. After fighting off pitchforks and strawhats and passing a daycare I felt like i'd be spending a lot of time at in the near future, we took the southernmost trail first and came upon a straight route where we found our next partner! She was a feisty little pup who did a surprising amount of damage to my Popcorn. I caught this Lillipup and named her Damage! There were Sudowoodo in the way, so we forced to go back and take the northernmost route. Where the water trial was located! Lana, I believe her name was. We fought it out againt the mons in her trial and it was there Ritz evolved! An awesome Alolan-Persian was on the team. Lana was kind of a jokester, but her totem trial wasn't. It consisted of chasing a school of Wishiwashi into their doom at the hands of a powered up Totem Araquanid. I thought we had a plan going in, I lead off with the Ritz' new form filled with confidence and gave that spider the Fake Out business. After it called the Masquerain I should have known it was a bad idea to stay in, I should have, I should have, but I thought i'd be able to Bite the Araquanid and switch out. The Bubble crit me and took me into near death range, it was at that moment I knew my error, but could do nothing. Masquerain Bug bit her to the end. I was careless again, a horrid moment of misjudgement i'll never get out of my mind. Fidélité was sent out and broke that Araquanids neck with Breakneck Blitz. Leaving it to fall to the next headbutt. The Masquerain quickly fell in line. Still, I knew this could have been avoided. Ritz was dead because of overconfidence, I sent her to Heaven. It was Ita's turn to roll. I hoped Ritz could forgive me. After obtaining the Waterium-Z I gave it to Dodger. I knew he could use it well. We encountered a Poliwag on the way out of the trial and it was an easy capture. Unfortunately, the naming wasn't as easy. I couldnt think of a good name, so I asked my mother...

I sent "goaway" the Poliwag to the pending box and it was onto our next trial. Along the way we encountered some random stretchers just strecting their limbs, after we beat them senseless for having the audacity to stretch in public and in such an odd spot, we moved further downwards and encountered a much less weirder pair in the Tron cosplayers after scaring off some sultry Sudowoodo. They showed me a Pokemon I wasn't very familiar with at all, but Ita made it a very long but safe battle as the Fury Attack it kept spamming did nothing and Ita just used her Bite to bring it down. After they ran off we checked out the town to the right, actually! Where they hold the Battle Royale. It was in there we met up with Gladion again! Oh, did I not mention that guy? He's an edgy chap, maybe it's cause his hand keeps cramping. I beat him once, but there he was to train up after! After being forced to duke it out for a lil bit for absolutely NO reason with that jumpy guy and some guy called The Masked Royal whos identity shall forever be a mystery, I snuck out cause I literally had no clue what I was doing there and traveled towards the Fire Trial after being invited to do so by the kiwi guy. Little did I know that this would be nothing compared to the Water Trial. The travel towards the trial itself wasn't very challenging, but I felt such an easy trek was hiding something more sinister. We stopped to grind a bit on trainers we may have missed, and ended up catching a Fletchling whom I named Yuugi. After a bit more grinding I FELT ready to take on his trial. The trial was his Pokemon playing Stepmania and me having to pick out which of them was the least co-ordinated. Wasn't too trial-like, but that hiker guy was cooool. After a giant Marowak made its appearence we braced ourself cause that was our guy! The battle started off with Seija against this beast. I knew her Foul Play would chunk this monster so we WENT for it. Chunk is what it did, but the Flame Wheel it spewed proved too hot to handle for Seija as she just barely hung on but Foul Play did half. Marowak then called her buddy Salazzle and I knew I was in trouble. I switched Seija into Fidélité as she does like to be the one to cool such hot situations, but this one was much too hot. They Flame Wheeled+Flame Burst her into less then half. Not a comfortable spot, if she died then things would surely be troublesome. Everyone else was either much too weak or at a horrible disadvantage. Only one of them could take out the totem wak in one blow, but he had to be brought in safely. Tension filled the air, but it was Popcorn who knew what needed to be done. Popcorn saw her way to adulthood and had seen it all, her eyes let me know she was ready to do this if it meant a chance at victory. She threw herself at the face of the incomin Flame Wheel and was incinerated. I hoped there were flower fields waiting for her, wherever she is now. Snapping back into the situation, I sent out Dodger. After surviving a Brick Break just barely but getting Poisoned by Salazzles Poison Gas, I knew our plan had worked, but the cost was grave. She was in Poison range. I watched in awe at Dodgers final move in Hydro Vortex. The Marowak was swallowed whole in the combined fury of Dodger and Butterfrees sacrifices. After witnessing that ungodly Marowaks death, the poison took Dodger. I would never forget their sacrifices. I wont. This provided me with a free switch into Fidélité who Headbutt that Salazzle into oblivion. Kiawe was nice enough to console us with a Charizard to fly around on, but the damage was done. We flew to the nearest center and I laid my friends to rest. This island had claimed more then the last island, a trend like this wasn't good for my psyche or my confidence, but I needed to try harder. I grabbed Machimuchi and TopPec and with hardened resolve, we moved forward.

inkay_sprite_by_zieawesomeprussia-d7bjocm.png

Seija the Inkay
Female
lvl 21
Contrary
Foul Play~Thief~Psybeam~Reflect

Spr_4d_122.png

Ed the Mr. Mime
lvl 19
Female
Soundproof
Round~Confusion~Copycat~Encore

Fidélité the Furfrou
lvl 22
Female
Fur Coat
Headbutt~Bite~Sand Attack~Baby-Doll Eyes

Spr_4p_303.png

Ita the Mawile
lvl 19
Hyper Cutter
Bite~Brick Break~Rock Tomb~Sweet Scent

Spr_4h_066.png

Machimuchi the Machop
lvl 12
Guts
Leer~Focus Energy~Karate Chop~Foresight

pikipek_sprite_by_luigi_player-dafeqgm.gif

TopPec the Pikipek
lvl 14
Skill Link
Growl~Echoed Voice~Rock Smash~Supersonic

mudbray_sprite_by_elazulmax-dacc4bi.png

Cauli the Mudbray

metapod.png

Cheeto the Shiny Metapod

poliwag.png

goaway the Poliwag

lillipup.png

Damage the Lillipup

fletchling_sprite_by_kyle_dove-d64vlgq.png

Yuugi the Fletchling

zubat-f.png

Pazuzu the Zubat

alolan%20persian.png

Ritz the Persian

Double teamed by Araquanids rain and water bubble boosted Bubble and Masquerains Bug Bite.

butterfree.png

Popcorn the Butterfree

Took the blow for the greater good in order to secure victory in the face of Totem Marowak.

psyduck.png

Dodger the Psyduck

Held on through Totem Marowaks Brick Break but subsequently got poisoned by Salazzles Poison Gas. He then unleashed his Waterium-Z fury that led to Totem Marowaks second death. Fell to the poison in the same turn.

Also my PS ban finally lifted, woo.

We have some nice defoggers in the meta. I might try my hand on rotom w now

Rotom-Defog might just give Rotom a new lease on OU. Might be hard to find a spot for it though, but I guess over Pain Split, huh?
I think this defog stuff may change the face of balance though

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Penultimate Nuzlocke Update

Penultimate since I'm now in the final grinding for the Pokemon League.

I had to remove the "blind" constraint, since I had to know what exactly I should aim for the gift Poison UB. But as per constraint of "no using free stuff", the UB goes RIGHT into the box, never to see the light of day for the remainder of this Nuzlocke.

Current Location:
Grinding in Poni Island

Current team:
Decidueye (Cedriv), level 67. Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Synthesis, Brave Bird
Salazzle (Venozarf [2]), level 62. Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Dragon Pulse, Venoshock
Golisopod (W2imp), level 62. First Impression, Pin Missile, Liquidation, Sucker Punch
Kommo-o (Punvtuation), level 50. Sky Uppercut, Iron Defense, Dragon Claw, Clanging Scales
Mudsdale (Packmuke [3]), level 47. High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Double Kick, Earthquake
Mimikyu (Divne Shield [2]), level 45. Shadow Claw, Feint Attack, Hone Claws, Slash

DEAD STUFF:
Charjabug (Voltagr). Cause: forgotten
Yungoose (Crapsack). Cause: Igglybuff. And Sweet Kiss induced suicide. Hence Crapsack.
Salazzle (Venozarf). Cause: Totem Mimikyu's reinforcement
Mudsdale (Packmuke). Cause: Totem Mimikyu's reinforcement
Mudsdale (Warjorse). Cause: crit Dark Z from Nanu
Mudsdale (Packmuke [2]). Cause: crit Dark Z from Nanu during grand trial
Lycanroc (Rocjo). Cause: random casualty
Mimikyu (Divne Shield). Cause: forgotten
Mimikyu (Wickwrflame). Cause: crit

... That's a long *** list of dead stuff. And I assume there will be some more added because of the Pokemon League itself. But Nuzlocke ends upon beating the Pokemon League, so if I must sacrifice everyone for the great journey, so be it. As long as there's one dude left alive with 1 HP at the end of the battle.

Edit: NUZLOCKE COMPLETE

Final Death List is the same as above. With careful micro and healing items that I've saved for this moment, no one died. And dodging Z moves by one-shotting those expected to have Z crystals. Woot. Now to take a LONG break from this game. ... As in, duration of this week. Got to RNG that Rayquaza!

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Well, yea. It's kinda anti-climactic to hit that rank and not duke it out, ykno?? Think of it as Gary at the E4. You beat the E4 and Lance but then Gary's in the back. Not that I'm Gary status of course, but a surprise chall should be somethin you'd be easily able to overcome for someone who's come so far! I just REALLY wanna see how far you've come! When the stakes are high, peeps bring their best, and I really wanna see firsthand what you've got at the end of this climb! After this, you'll be doin events here merely for fun and challenge. :n;

See where I'm gettin at?

Well I'm a bit rusty but alright
When is a good time for you?

Btw that analogy only works if you make me the clan leader after I kick your ***

Penultimate Nuzlocke Update

Penultimate since I'm now in the final grinding for the Pokemon League.

I had to remove the "blind" constraint, since I had to know what exactly I should aim for the gift Poison UB. But as per constraint of "no using free stuff", the UB goes RIGHT into the box, never to see the light of day for the remainder of this Nuzlocke.

Current Location:
Grinding in Poni Island

Current team:
Decidueye (Cedriv), level 67. Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Synthesis, Brave Bird
Salazzle (Venozarf [2]), level 62. Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Dragon Pulse, Venoshock
Golisopod (W2imp), level 62. First Impression, Pin Missile, Liquidation, Sucker Punch
Kommo-o (Punvtuation), level 50. Sky Uppercut, Iron Defense, Dragon Claw, Clanging Scales
Mudsdale (Packmuke [3]), level 47. High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Double Kick, Earthquake
Mimikyu (Divne Shield [2]), level 45. Shadow Claw, Feint Attack, Hone Claws, Slash

DEAD STUFF:
Charjabug (Voltagr). Cause: forgotten
Salazzle (Venozarf). Cause: Totem Mimikyu's reinforcement
Mudsdale (Packmuke). Cause: Totem Mimikyu's reinforcement
Mudsdale (Warjorse). Cause: crit Dark Z from Nanu
Mudsdale (Packmuke [2]). Cause: crit Dark Z from Nanu during grand trial
Lycanroc (Rocjo). Cause: random casualty
Mimikyu (Divne Shield). Cause: forgotten
Mimikyu (Wickwrflame). Cause: crit

... That's a long *** list of dead stuff. And I assume there will be some more added because of the Pokemon League itself. But Nuzlocke ends upon beating the Pokemon League, so if I must sacrifice everyone for the great journey, so be it. As long as there's one dude left alive with 1 HP at the end of the battle.

Edit: NUZLOCKE COMPLETE

Final Death List is the same as above. With careful micro and healing items that I've saved for this moment, no one died. And dodging Z moves by one-shotting those expected to have Z crystals. Woot. Now to take a LONG break from this game. ... As in, duration of this week. Got to RNG that Rayquaza!

Dam that was fast

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Turns out, the easiest way to beat the Elite Four is to use up the X items you keep picking up in the overworld. Like, with Salazzle, use X-Def or X-Sp. Def depending on who the opponent is leading with, then alternate between healing item and Nasty Plot and then just sweep. Pretty sure it's a lot easier for those who allowed themselves to BUY stuff from the stores. And allowed hold items that actually do things.

And the final opponent in the Pokemon League is a total scrub.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM Nuzlocke Update #V

You know, we've been on this trip for quite a bit and sometimes when on a long trek, you like to think back on how it started. Mom kicked me out, and I wanted to bring peace to the Alola region via the beatdown of many of its residents. It's hard, sometimes, when the beatdown is reversed on our teammates, but if we wish to unify Alola, we must press on.

After Wela Volcano it was time to explore the uppermost route right beside the volcano! Some internet explorer head-lookin dude was talkin to the Tron cosplayers which was interestin to me as I woulda liked to see how they reacted to each other. Unfortunately, they were done talkin the moment I arrived. Colress was his name, and he walked up to me and told me about things that were beyond my understanding so I nodded like I understood and he gave me a TM for Flame Charge! Whatta nice guy! This route, however, took me by surprise as I searched it before claiming our next party member as per usual and I came upon a Wimpod! I knew you had to trap it before chasing it so I went the long way around and attempted to capture it. Unfortunately, Ita's Bite was too much for it and it ran away. Thus spoiling my attempt. Undeterred, I moved to next route which turned out to be another way to enter Route 6. Which was a route i'd been to before. Though, this way lead to Lush Forest! Which was another trial! Before this though, I wanted to make sure my Pokemon were more then ready. As I was training them in the grasses near the Pokemon Center there, everything was going swimmingly as I evolved TopPec into a Trumbeak and was plannin on havin her be our ace in the hole. I had grown too comfortable with our progress and thought nothing could go wrong, and as you all know, that's prime time for trouble to strike. A Dragon Rage from a Salandit spelled doom for TopPec. They hadn't used it before on me, so I felt safe just chugging along as their other moved did paltry damage. I put my head down, another mon down, I should have known this Pokemon carries it, I had heard this had happened to another adventurer but thought it wouldnt happen to me in any form. Another careless mistake that lead to a loss. I laid her to rest in Heaven and grabbed another mon from the pending box. This time it was Yuugi the Fletchling whom I vowed to myself I would take extra care of, I trained her until she was good and ready, keeping myself out of Dragon Rage range and she evolved into Fletchinder shortly. We then moved to the Lush Jungle trial! As it turned out, Mallow's trial is an excuse for us to go grocery shopping for her and so that's what we did! We had to make extra sure not to make everyone mad by taking what they wanted though, but unfortunately we did manage to peev a Fomantis. She attacked us but was crispified by Yuugi and thrown into the boiling pot of ingredients! With that, I used my expert trainer senses and reflexes to duck and just barely miss the scythes of a Lurantis that was lured in both by the attractive smell of Mallows cooking pot and the fact we used one of her kids as a part of it. The battle wasn't nearly as hard as the Fire Trials, but it was much longer, I tried to give it a swift end with Yuugis Flame Charge+Inferno Overdrive, but this cheeky Lurantis lived and called upon a Kecleon for support! Still, I pressed on, Yuugi's Flame Body had done its job agasint Lurantis and had it forced to use Synthesis for a few turns, which was what kept the battle going longer then it really should've! I was hard pressed not to switch out cause I felt as if Yuugi had it herself.

Unfortunately, this was there I was wrong. After I felt safe staying in, knowing that Lurantis was doing nothing, this was where Kecleon found its opprotunity to hit Yuugi with its lure move. AncientPower was used after Lurantis weakened me slightly with Solar Blade. I saw Yuugi's HP bar plummet and prepared myself in that split second for the new fault that would be mine...but...she lived! With 1 HP! I was so surprised and relieved to see that! Knowing of this, I decided to play the long game and stall Synths with Fidelite and Machimuchi. After Baby-Doll-Eyes from Fideliti to truly neuter the Lurantis and taking out the Kecleon with Machimuchis Brick Break and loweing Lurantis' boosted speed with Rock Tombs, I decided to use Ita Baton Pass to bring Fletchinder in safely. Lurantis didnt seem to have any more friends to call for a few turns, so I used the remaining sunlight that her Kecleon friend had called upon against her with boosted Flame Charges! At the end, she made a last ditch call to a Comfey, which would have been a problem, had it not come too late. The one Flower Sheild it got off was not enough to save the Totem Lurantis from Yuugis final Flame Charge! Afterwards, a couple more were more then enough for the lone Comfey. We did it! Yuugi barely survived the encounter but we, including everyone else, did it. Mallow let us go on, oh yeah, did I mention the other two trial leaders made an appearence? Apparently they had ingredients with em, but they why were they helpin me in the trial? Aint that against the rules? We also ran into a Comfey there whom was a pain to catch, but we caught anyway! Her name is flowre. Anywho, after that hubbub we were finally able to traverse the Diglett Tunnel and it was in there we found a disgruntiled Larvitar! She was set to be mine! We named her GLITCH after an old friend. Within the tunnel we were snuck up on by some white-clad people who job it was to protect Pokemon. I had seen them before, but this time they really made it apparent since they said they were protecting the Diglett in the tunnel from the skull dudes. Cool job, but I had other things to think about. After we made it outta the tunnel we headed into Konikoni City where we were supposed to meet up with the ROCK Kahuna named Olivia! Who would be the last obstacle before we could get off this GOD forsaken island. We set off training! I decided to train well and hard, and it was during this period we met up with our next member; Risky the Gastly! He had a very unnerving grin on his face, as if he knew something was gonna happen, but he wasnt gonna tell us about it. After a bit of training in the Memorial Hill we moved on to the outskits where our first encounter was a very nosy Nosepass. He seemed to take great pride in his nose so we named him Schnozz. After that, it was time to grind! Not before making a detour to Wela Volcano Park! We almost forgot to pick up our team member from there! Annie May the Wingull was sent to the PC and now it was time to train.

During our training, a horrible thing happened to Ed and Ita. We were attacked by the skull dudes big sister. She lead off with a Golbat I was not expecting to have any offensive capabilities whatsoever. I lead with Ed and thought she would easily be able to 2HKO this bat with Confusion. What I got was an outspeed by a Poison Fang and an OHKO. Ed had been with us for so long, it stung, of course, I was so sure she'd be here with us till the last battle, but fate had other plans. After grabbing goaway the Poliwag, I tried to train her in the Digletts Tunnel for one battle, but she was promtply OHKO'd by a Digletts Magnitude 10. This angered everyone, why put her in our path to be added to the team only to be OHKO's first turn, first battle? Who's divine prank was this?? We were training on the hill where Stufful appear. These Stufful were absolutely annoying with their Bide shenanigans. It was here they got me. Ita had been handily 2HKOing them with Brick Breaks, but one of them had just barely managed to live the second hit with a Bide in tow. It surprised me as all of them had been getting 2HKO'd, dozens of them. Unfortunately, this slight bit more of defense was all it took as it unleashed its energy and pummeled Ita into an OHKO. I'm sorry, Ita. I'll always remember your encouraging smile, it's horrible to lose a member, and I was sad for a time, but i'll keep you in my heart, and we'll keep moving. With a second loss, it was time to make OUR move. Grabbing Cauli the Mudbray, we went to work once again. Training up yielded an evolution on Machimuchis part! Now a Machoke AND seethhing with anger, Machimuchi was ready to take on Olivia herself! After Hat girl decided to spectate, which didnt bother me, we fought; me and Olivia! She lead with an Anorith that tried to boost up with Metal Claw but instead fell to a Rock Tomb+Rock Tomb combo, then came the Lileep! Which would've been a prob if it boosted, but instead was 2HKO's by Brick Break! Then Lycanrock which was almost a prob, but was 2HKO'd by Brick Break as its Bite and other attacks were unresisted. I was glad for Machimuchis increased bulk. Especially since we found an Eviolite beforehand! After Olivias beatdown we were finally allowed to leave the island! The losses were unfortunate for sure, but we managed to make it through that awful route. That is, after a detour to some hotel. After chuckin Pyukus and makin some cash, we ran about the beach tryin to forget our woes for the mome. This was when a stoic Staryu appeared before us! I caught the little dude and named em Twinkle 007, she was our next team member to replace Ita! After walkin around the grounds a bit more, we saw a famous Pikachu who we had to defend from the press, she had a Miltank that almost troublesome till Machimuchi put her in her place. Now, remember those white-clad people I told you about though? The ones who wanted to save the world or somethin? Well, turns out, they had a whole island! An island dedicated to savin Pokemon! After walking inside that hotel, we were immediately forced out by some old dude name Faba who was also with the white dudes and taken to some island to see their base which I did not really care too much about. Kukui said it was worth it though, so I rolled with it. After arriving and marveling at how white everything was, we were introduced to a lady with a neat haircut named Wicke who made sure everyone was well-fed or somethin, i dunno what she did. Then she introduced us to Lillies mother who had the best anti-aging cream in the world. Everyone talked and laughed and I nodded, but then we were attacked by an inter dimensional jellyfish. I had to defend it off apparently cause the jumpy guy who came with me, Hau, didnt feel like helping. Though Cauli made short work with two Bulldozes to the dome! After this happened, everyone sorta talked about it for a bit but we figured it was best to just move on cause that's you do in a quest for enlightenment! After MORE hubbub, we landed in Ula'Ula island! The next leg our journey and trial! We visited the nice garden after a really SCARY battle with Hau. He almost got me with his Hydro Vortex Brionne, but we hung on and struck back with Fidelite's Breakneck Blitz. His next mon, Raichu-Alola, couldnt touch Seija so he got taken down pretty quickly to! The rest of his battle was honestly forgettable. Sorry, Hau! We trained up in Malie Garden for a bit, caught our next partner in a Ledian called Punch Buggy, and viola, Seijas life finally got flip turned upside down and she evolved into a Malamar! Now we move onto the Malie Garden Tea House for some herbal tea!

malamar_sprite_by_animela_wolfhybrid-d6q7rc4.png

Seija the Malamar
Female
lvl 30
Contrary
Foul Play~Thief~Psychic~Reflect

Fidélité the Furfrou
lvl 29
Female
Fur Coat

Spr_4p_067.png

Machimuchi the Machoke
lvl 30
Guts
Knock Off~Rock Tomb~Brick Break~Seismic Toss
fletchinder_sprite_by_princess_phoenix-d7m81p5.png

Yuugi the Fletchinder
lvl 28
Flame Body
Thief~Aerial Ace~Flame Charge~Steel Wing

Cauli the Mudbray
lvl 23
Own Tempo
Stomp~Rock Tomb~Bulldoze~Double Kick

Spr_4d_120.png

Twinkle 007 the Staryu
lvl 25
Illuminate
Psychic~Bubble Beam~Swift~Gyro Ball

metapod.png

Cheeto the Shiny Metapod

lillipup.png

Damage the Lillipup

comfey_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-daaoppl.png

flowre the Comfey

Spr_4d_246.png

GLITCH the Larvitar

Spr_4h_092.png

Risky the Gastly

Spr_4d_278.png

Annie May the Wingull

Spr_4d_299.png

Schnozz the Nosepass

Spr_4h_166_f.png

PunchBuggy the Ledian

zubat-f.png

Pazuzu the Zubat

alolan%20persian.png

Ritz the Persian

Double teamed by Araquanids rain and water bubble boosted Bubble and Masquerains Bug Bite.

butterfree.png

Popcorn the Butterfree

Took the blow for the greater good in order to secure victory in the face of Totem Marowak.

psyduck.png

Dodger the Psyduck

Held on through Totem Marowaks Brick Break but subsequently got poisoned by Salazzles Poison Gas. He then unleashed his Waterium-Z fury that led to Totem Marowaks second death. Fell to the poison in the same turn.

trumbeak_sprite_by_luigi_player-daqzsec.gif

TopPec the Trumbeak

Sniped by a Dragon Rage from Salandit.

Spr_4d_122.png

Ed the Mr. Mime

Taken from us by an OHKO from Plumerias Golbat Poison Fang.

poliwag.png

goaway the Poliwag

Fell to a magnitude 10 from a Diglett in the tunnel.

Spr_4p_303.png

Ita the Mawile

Surprised by a sturdy Stuffuls Bide.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Way to go, DX! But usin X items?? I dunno about that...>>
But yeah, its hard to lose members though.

Hey, I didn't ban myself from using items. I banned myself from BUYING items. Or using HOLD items like Z crystals. Or using TMs. The X items that someone littered around the region? Fair game. And I seem to be the only one limiting myself to using only Alola Pokemon. And Alola Pokemon SUCK.

But yay. Do I get the points now?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Hey, I didn't ban myself from using items. I banned myself from BUYING items. Or using HOLD items like Z crystals. Or using TMs. The X items that someone littered around the region? Fair game. And I seem to be the only one limiting myself to using only Alola Pokemon. And Alola Pokemon SUCK.

But yay. Do I get the points now?

NO

Congratulations to
DX 2401PT
141-fossil.gif

cause its...

RANK_UP_TIME.png

Yep, another glorious rank up! After braving the trials and sacrifices of the USUM Nuzlocke, he has been enlightened and has earned these 8 points.
Keep up the good work, thanks for your efforts! I'm sure it was hard at times.

VO_Rank_2.gif

^^^

VO_Userbar_Rank_1.gif

Try and keep trying, everyone! The worlds full of people who give up, but don't be one of em! Try past your limits!! >:O​

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Yaay. I'm now one step closer to... ... I don't know, something? ... Either way, yay, level up.

And... oh, Rayquaza. How I absolutely HATE RNGing this freaking thing. Outrage AND Rest? Sure, why not.

90% of the failures thus far has been the result of Rayquaza killing itself from Outrage induced confusion. 5% of the failures is the result of it using Ancientpower to get +1 everything TWICE, forcing my Pokemon catcher (Gallade) to use not False Swipe but something stronger to actually deal enough damage (like Thief), but then deciding to land a crit instead, thus killing the stupid thing. 1% of the failure has been Rayquaza getting +3 everything and then sweeping with Outrage. The remaining 4% is actually running out of Moon Balls to throw at the damn thing.

And that only accounts for the 60% of the time I actually hit the right seed.

But after about... 50 tries, capture finally completed. "Sep 21st". Adamant, shiny, 17/31/31/19/28/31, in Moon Ball.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM Nuzlocke Update #VI

Well uhh. There's been some losses. But also progress! My memory's a lil hazy on some of it, but i'll recall what I can!

Let's start from the beginning. As we had our teatime in Malie Garden with Kukui and the like, he suggested we finish up our trial on Hokulani mountain. This was a ways away so I decided to just walk around Malie City and take in the air, first thing I did was give my Furfrou a Dandy trim. She looks so dandy! Secondly, we were forced to the entrance of this library, I think, where we had to walk with Lily cause she was scared to check out a book or somethin. As we were abot to walk in, this is where a small girl with a horse charged up to Lily and almost killed her, only stopping cause of her blinding clothing. She had introduced herself before, this small lady, but I totally forgot. She came onto Lily and told us to finish up the challenge as well. After being thoroughly weirded by this small lady and her giant horse she let us go inside to read up on plot relevant things like this big bad legendary and these tapus that were fightin. Did I mention this ghostly gal that appeared to tell us about how her dad was royalty? Yeah, my dad works at Nintendo. After Lily and this ghostly girl started talking to each other I backed out slowly and snuck out the door to finish my journey! We decided to visit the Recycling Plant cause recycling is good! Here we found our next member; Magnemaybe the Magnemite! He was just doin his thing, floatin around, not doin anything important so he was happy to join. After this, there was a boss gettin after his co-worker so in an attempt to break em up, I fought them both. The boss wasnt too hard, Machimuchi managed to choke em out. Him and his Muk. Then the co-worker tried to fight us, and I thought Cauli had it all by herself! Unfortunately, she fell to Grimers Knock Off while at 75%. It caught me by surprise, it really did. Saddened but focused by this loss, Fidelite broke this grimers neck with a blitz and we went on our way. I laid Cauli to rest within the PC box named Heaven, bowed my head, lifted it back up, and marched ahead to our next obstacle. And what an obstacle it was, from locating some old lady's lost Stuffuls to being attacked by giant birds this route was definitely somethin. Fortunately, everyone was up to the task! We even managed to catch a groovy Parasect named Fun Guy. He's a, well, a fun guy! The Fearow were only problematic when they called friends and the Stufful weren't too hard to find fortunately. At the end of this route, the shuffling skeletons were doin their shuffling thing and it weirded everyone out so we battled and they shuffled along their way. Based Kukui came on by afterwards and decided to hop on the bus to Mount Hokulani; where the Electric Trial was! Instead of immediately hopping on, we trained a bit, to ensure our readiness. Twinkle 007 evolved into Starmie with the help of a Water Stone we flew to Koni City for, Magnemaybe evolved into Magneton after a bit of effort, and lastly, a fellow adventurer I knew was nice enough to help Machimuchi evolve into a Machamp! (shoutouts to golem12)

After all this effort, we were finally ready! A short trip up the mountain led to some grass that would hold our next partner; Ayla Mao the Elgyem. She was quiet but willing to lend her hand! The trial itself was next. After this glasses dude RUDELY accused Kukui of being someone he wasnt, he told us that the trial was in the building right behind him! Finally! Stepping into the building, you could feel the electricity in the air, either from the trial itself or the environment, who knows, but I was ready to get this goin! Sophocles or somethin was his name, he was the new trial leader after the glasses guy cause of nepotism. The trial itself was interesting, we had to play connect-3 with some Charjabug to get them to call upon the totem Pokemon! A few failed attempts let us know more power was needed. This wasnt too hard, but it was WAY too hard on the Togedemaru they used to control any errant electricity in the air cause we lined up too many Charjabug and they went haywire! The mechanism that they focused their electricity on backfired and shot itself directly at the Togedemaru which was fit to pop like a balloon from all that electricity if nothing happend. As I sorta stood there wonderin if i'd at least pass the trial as a consolation, the ACTUAL totem mon showed up! If was just a bigger Togedemaru and he saved his lil Togedemaru cousin. We fought cause that's what we do! It was an annoying fight, I tried to get it over with quickly with Machimuchi's Pummeling but this cheeky rat bounced outta the way, thus foiling my attempts at a quick match. I was able to land a paraguts-boosted Brick Break on this Togedemaru which proc'd its berry and made it hit about half HP. At this point, Togedemaru called in a Skarm and I wasn't gonna take any chances with this flying type. My safest bet was Magnemaybe who resisted everything very well with Eviolite in tow. Skarmory made everything annoying with Torment and after Zing Zap flinched me about 20 times, a few Signal Beam+Tri Attacks later, the Togedemaru was safely subdued. The Skarmory; who's only defense against me was Toges Lightningrod quickly fell to a Shock Wave+Magnet Bomb combo. Woo! Finally, time to get on outta there. Wasting no time, we headed back to the Malie Garden place as that's where the Hau dude told us to go or somethin, this is where BASED Kukui was putting the skeleton crew in their place until the equally as BASED Guzma appeared! It looked like they knew each other in some way, and after some banter back and forth, I decided to prove myself by takin on this Guzma myself. This fight; specfically his Goliospod put me in a tough spot turn 1. We led Yuugi, hoping he'd lead some easy bug type. This was a bad move, I was forced to switch into Fideliti who barely avoided the 2HKO and hit back with a Breakneck Blitz which barely did over half. After trying to live the next hit, a defense drop from Razor Shell meant I had to switch. Machimuchi was my next play, he was set to be 2HKO'd also. Everyone on my team was gonna get 2HKO'd and not KO back. It was tough, but Seija, who had said nothing thus far had stepped up. After switching into the Razor Shell and taking more then half she Foul Played this Goliospod. It almost fell. Almost. Seija fell to the second Razor Shell. Seija had been with us since the beginning. Being our first team member, her loss was felt everywhere. Everyone was pivotal to the team, she knew this, and she knew how important it was that we see this through to the end. With her dry humor, she looked back at me and smirked before that Razor Shell hit her. With this free turn, Yuugi came in and Aerial Aced that Goliospod to its deserved death. The second mon was utterly forgettable. After Guzma stomped off, we headed to the nearest center and laid Seija to her deserved rest. Through her contrarianism, I knew that she truly wanted what was best for everyone, and through her sacrifice I intend to uphold her ideals as best I can.

After laying Seija unto her final resting place, and grabbing Fun Guy the Parasect we traveled on to some mountain where the horse girl started fawning over Lillie again. I didnt really wanna be bothered atm, but she did give us a horse to get through the rougher terrain and for that, I was thankful! We continued hosrin around for a few more routes, caught ourselves Cheeky the Togedemaru eating electricity at some powerplant, BITMEATYCLAWS the Crabrawler eating some berries under a tree, and Squad Up the Wishiwashi trying NOT to be eaten. Now we're chilling at the base of Mount Lanakila. Whatever happens next, we're in it together.

Fidélité the Furfrou
lvl 32
Female
Fur Coat

Spr_4h_068.png

Machimuchi the Machamp
lvl 38
Male
Guts
Knock Off~Rock Tomb~Brick Break~Ice Punch
fletchinder_sprite_by_princess_phoenix-d7m81p5.png

Yuugi the Fletchinder
lvl 32
Female
Flame Body
Thief~Aerial Ace~Flame Charge~Steel Wing

Spr_4h_121.png

Twinkle 007 the Starmie
lvl 31
Genderless
Illuminate
Psychic~Bubble Beam~Swift~Signal Beam

Spr_4h_082.png

Magnemaybe the Magneton
lvl 34
Genderless
Sturdy
Flash Cannon~Shock Wave~Signal Beam~Tri Attack

Spr_4h_047.png

Fun Guy the Parasect
lvl 33
Male
Dry Skin
Seed Bomb~Leech Life~Brick Break~Spore

metapod.png

Cheeto the Shiny Metapod

lillipup.png

Damage the Lillipup

comfey_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-daaoppl.png

flowre the Comfey

Spr_4d_246.png

GLITCH the Larvitar

Spr_4h_092.png

Risky the Gastly

Spr_4d_278.png

Annie May the Wingull

Spr_4d_299.png

Schnozz the Nosepass

Spr_4h_166_f.png

PunchBuggy the Ledian

crabrawler_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-daeqk6i.png

BIGMEATYCLAW the Crabrawler

togedemaru_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-da8l7e2.png

Cheeky the Togedemaru

elgyem.png

Ayla Mao the Elgyem

wishiwashi_sprites_by_leparagon-dadcijj.png

SquadUp the Wishiwashi

zubat-f.png

Pazuzu the Zubat

alolan%20persian.png

Ritz the Persian

butterfree.png

Popcorn the Butterfree

psyduck.png

Dodger the Psyduck

trumbeak_sprite_by_luigi_player-daqzsec.gif

TopPec the Trumbeak

Sniped by a Dragon Rage from Salandit.

Spr_4d_122.png

Ed the Mr. Mime

Taken from us by an OHKO from Plumerias Golbat Poison Fang.

poliwag.png

goaway the Poliwag

Fell to a magnitude 10 from a Diglett in the tunnel.

Spr_4p_303.png

Ita the Mawile

Surprised by a sturdy Stuffuls Bide.

Cauli the Mudbray

KO'd by a Grimers Knock Off.

malamar_sprite_by_animela_wolfhybrid-d6q7rc4.png

Seija the Malamar

Sacrificed herself to Guzmas Goliospod.

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Well Naga got banned

no one saw that coming amirite

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Well Naga got banned

no one saw that coming amirite

naganadel? more like naGONEadel

hehe...hehehehehe....eeehh..

OK

So, now that Naganadels been banned! Who's up for an OU CCAT? Now with that borked but fun mon outta the tier, we can better focus on the new tools that OU got! Like DEFOG LANDO, KOKO, ROTOM, SERP

Like, seriously. Who's idea was it to give SERPERIOR Defog??

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
am i the only one that found it not as broken as it was made out to be

oh well lando-t should get suspected soon and if not i give up

Well there's always gonna be those that think otherwise in these sortsa things! I do think Naga was definitely putting a strain on teambuilding. You either had an offensive team, or a bulky team archtype that HAD to include either T-Tar or Heatran. And the thing about checking Naga offensively is, it gets exponentially harder after its a gotten a kill thanks to beast boost, and Naganadel hits hard so free switch into that offensive mon is usually out of the question. Even scarved mons couldnt do that job all that well, which again, is thanks to speed boost and nagas already better then average speed tier

Maybe if it didnt have Beast Boost!

also ooh gluck with that pristine Celesteela :0

Status
Not open for further replies.