• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

golem12

Dragon Trainer
so how is everyone?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
sorry ive been gone for a while i meant to post for this ccat but ive been goin thru a moving process, had no internet, and have also been having issues logging in

That's a pretty reasonable reason! Settle down and then you take care of your mon related things. -w-

so how is everyone?

- Doin Nuzlocke
- Makin moniez
- Workin out
- watchin a lotta competitive mons
- thinkin of event
- screamin
- so many spiders

Aaaaand an extension for the CCAT
December 11'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

All that turnout?? Cmon, lemme see a partner!

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Okay then, I guess I'll throw in another Pokemon from that OU challenge.

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Candleface the Chandelure. ... Or Shadowflame since it sounds cooler. I think Chandelure serves decent when paired with Chansey because it slaps those who would not care for the Counter Chansey build. Such as...

Things like Sub+Coil Zygarde, SD Scizor, SD Kartana

Scizor and Kartana melt away to Flamethrower. I think Scarf is pretty much mandatory to hit Kartana before it uses Knock Off, assuming it has it. And Chandelure's Infiltrator IGNORES Substitute. A Contrary Serperior can use Sub all it wants. It will burn and die immediately. Chandelure also resists Bullet Punch, so Scizor won't be swatting it away after one or two Swords Dance. And Zygarde can't do squat with Extremespeed, allowing Chandelure to do its thing first.

Flamethrower for primary STAB. Fire Blast and Overheat are optional, but I hate all attacks with accuracy less than 100. But for the purpose of this, I will include those stronger attacks.

Shadow Ball for secondary STAB. I would say that this isn't all THAT necessary, but... Tapu Lele exists. Some Latios builds exist.

Energy Ball for coverage, I guess? Smack those occasional Water types that come in. Rock and Ground too, I suppose.

Hidden Power [Ice] to smack Landorus and Substitute Zygarde. Infiltrator ignores Sub, so Zygarde can try hiding and using Coil, but Chandelure gives no damns, and HP Ice against Zygarde would be twice as effective as a regular Shadow Ball.

Last edited:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Standard defensive Zap. Y'all brought this defensive core garbage to yourselves and now I can only help. SD (and banded) Kartana is becoming more and more popular lately along with AV bulu and this set deals with both of them while clearing nasty hazards from our soon to be stall/semi stall team. Knock Off Kartana/Sub Zygarde are still pretty annoying though so we'll need to find answers to those along with hazards and a win condition.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
oh man the new usum trading card set has some good trainer FAs i need more money

sent ;)

USUM OU CCAT
SECOND MON VOTIN

Oh and look at that, two more nominees gunnin for the number two spot on the team!​

609.svg

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Candleface the Chandelure. ... Or Shadowflame since it sounds cooler. I think Chandelure serves decent when paired with Chansey because it slaps those who would not care for the Counter Chansey build. Such as...

Scizor and Kartana melt away to Flamethrower. I think Scarf is pretty much mandatory to hit Kartana before it uses Knock Off, assuming it has it. And Chandelure's Infiltrator IGNORES Substitute. A Contrary Serperior can use Sub all it wants. It will burn and die immediately. Chandelure also resists Bullet Punch, so Scizor won't be swatting it away after one or two Swords Dance. And Zygarde can't do squat with Extremespeed, allowing Chandelure to do its thing first.

Flamethrower for primary STAB. Fire Blast and Overheat are optional, but I hate all attacks with accuracy less than 100. But for the purpose of this, I will include those stronger attacks.

Shadow Ball for secondary STAB. I would say that this isn't all THAT necessary, but... Tapu Lele exists. Some Latios builds exist.

Energy Ball for coverage, I guess? Smack those occasional Water types that come in. Rock and Ground too, I suppose.

Hidden Power [Ice] to smack Landorus and Substitute Zygarde. Infiltrator ignores Sub, so Zygarde can try hiding and using Coil, but Chandelure gives no damns, and HP Ice against Zygarde would be twice as effective as a regular Shadow Ball.​

latest

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Standard defensive Zap. Y'all brought this defensive core garbage to yourselves and now I can only help. SD (and banded) Kartana is becoming more and more popular lately along with AV bulu and this set deals with both of them while clearing nasty hazards from our soon to be stall/semi stall team. Knock Off Kartana/Sub Zygarde are still pretty annoying though so we'll need to find answers to those along with hazards and a win condition.​

Both were explained very well! One is a more offensive check to the things that ail Chansey, and can function as a revenge killer in that right as well as being fast and unpredictable in general as Scarf Chandy isnt too, too common. The other is more of a wall that provides us with more defensive measures due to its excellent defensive typing. 20 Speed EV's are for Adamant base 70's! Zapdos loves to switch in on things like Bulu, Pinsir, Celesteela, Sciz, Kart, you know, all the things its typing allows it to wall! Discharge is chosen over T-Bolt for its appreciated para chance.

As you know, only one may be chosen! So vote and vote earnestly. Envision the kinda team you see this becoming!

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

USUM OU Viability Rankings

USUM OU Role Compendium

Votin for Second Mon shall end on
December 15'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Spiky

Prediction succesful
PO/PS Name?: don't have that
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: don't have that
Why do you want to join?: Member coming back online after years to see how things have changed.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: Maybe I used to have one from a few years ago.
Battling Experience?: I'm a retired competitive player.
Referrer?: nobody

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Why do you want to join?: Member coming back online after years to see how things have changed.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: Maybe I used to have one from a few years ago.

Oh hey, is it the front page again? Welcome back, spiky! Havent seen you in a hot minute. I was just about to clean you off the members list due to inactivity! Luckily you were 1 day off.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity

Yo spiky

Voting for Zapdos

golem12

Dragon Trainer
That's a pretty reasonable reason! Settle down and then you take care of your mon related things. -w-

- Doin Nuzlocke
- Makin moniez
- Workin out
- watchin a lotta competitive mons
- thinkin of event
- screamin
- so many spiders

Aaaaand an extension for the CCAT
December 11'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

All that turnout?? Cmon, lemme see a partner!

nice xD keep up the work

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Also voting Zapdos (instead of my own thing) because... Defog. Kind of need that.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM OU CCAT
THIRD MON NOMINATIN

hehe zapp​

chansey.gif

Chansey @Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

Soft-Boiled because it's Chansey. I mean... come on.

Seismic Toss so Chansey can actually do something against Steel types that don't attack directly. That way, Chansey can actually stall against Celesteela and Ferrothorn despite Leech Seed.

Toxic because... it's Chansey. Puts a timer on those who would like to set up against Chansey, and sometimes even prompts them to just attack directly, which leads to...

Counter. When a Chansey appears, everyone automatically thinks: hit it hard. And then Chansey kills them. Given the sheer number of lead Pokemon that use physical attacks, Counter works surprisingly well. Such as, Landorus Therian. It'll use Stealth Rocks at first, while Chansey uses Toxic. Then Landorus either uses Earthquake, in which case Chansey kills it immediately with Counter, or it uses U-turn, in which case the next poor sap that popped out dies immediately.

Unorthodox, perhaps, but that is why it worked.​

zapdos.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Standard defensive Zap. Y'all brought this defensive core garbage to yourselves and now I can only help. SD (and banded) Kartana is becoming more and more popular lately along with AV bulu and this set deals with both of them while clearing nasty hazards from our soon to be stall/semi stall team. Knock Off Kartana/Sub Zygarde are still pretty annoying though so we'll need to find answers to those along with hazards and a win condition.​

Now it's Zapdos, a very common pick alongside Chansey! We're able to offensively threaten common Pokemon that see Chansey as set up fodder while now allowing for a defogger. It's a simple core of physical wall and special wall that cover some of each others SE weaknesses! Though of course, this meta is full of wallbreakers that could still very easily break this 2-mon core down. Strong Rock type attacks from CB Tar, Rockium-Z Staka, Lando, to mixed attackers like Tapu Lele and CM Keldeo! So whether or not you want some offensive checks or some more defensive backbone, is totally up to yall! Carefully examine things in the meta and suggest accordingly. A 2-mon defensive blanket core is a very good start, but there's things out there that specialize in poking holes through a blanket like this. Not to mention other more defensive builds we may want to be able to threaten ourselves.

USUM OU Role Compendium

Third Mon Nominatin shall end on
December 20'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
USUM OU CCAT
THIRD MON NOMINATIN

hehe zapp​

Now it's Zapdos, a very common pick alongside Chansey! We're able to offensively threaten common Pokemon that see Chansey as set up fodder while now allowing for a defogger. It's a simple core of physical wall and special wall that cover some of each others SE weaknesses! Though of course, this meta is full of wallbreakers that could still very easily break this 2-mon core down. Strong Rock type attacks from CB Tar, Rockium-Z Staka, Lando, to mixed attackers like Tapu Lele and CM Keldeo! So whether or not you want some offensive checks or some more defensive backbone, is totally up to yall! Carefully examine things in the meta and suggest accordingly. A 2-mon defensive blanket core is a very good start, but there's things out there that specialize in poking holes through a blanket like this. Not to mention other more defensive builds we may want to be able to threaten ourselves.

USUM OU Role Compendium

Third Mon Nominatin shall end on
December 20'th 12:00 PM UTC -6[/CENTER]

this team loses to FEAR tailow

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
you have sown the wind of defense core and now you shall reap the bulu

latest

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Chansey Zapdos both have some problems with lando and zyn so bulu is here to help out with that. AV Bulu is really common now with grassy surge taking care of thousand arrows which really hurt us right now and eq. AV helps it live through some special attacks thrown our way and bulu can hit back against most pokemon coming our with the exception of mega scizor and mag which zapdos and chansey help cover for.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Alrighty! There'll be an extension since thats only fair as I didnt announce it yet.

The extension will be till
December 22'nd 11:00 AM UTC -6

Also, theres thingies coming up! Stay informed and stay hydrated!

I to, will suggest my own Bulu set!

787Tapu_Bulu_Dream.png

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

A Tapu Bulu set sounds nice, but specifically, the SD one does sound nicest imo! Bulus ability and typing allows it to check +1 Zygarde and set up alongside it with SD. Also checks physical Z-Wild Koko, physical offensive water type breakers like Mega Gyara and Crawdaunt, and especially Keldeo. When one fat team meets another and neither have very much offensive presence, its wall breakers like this that make things a bit easier! As mentioned, common Bulu counters like Scizor, Skarm, and Celesteela do tend to make Bulus life a pain. Zapdos does well to help keep these mons in line. As is the case on the other spectrum that is special attack in the case of Magearna, Heatran, and Greninja with Chanseys aid. Since the main goal of this Bulu is to break through other fat teams, it makes sense to make it Adamant as its that extra power that'll enable it to OHKO things like max HP mega Lati, Venusaur-Mega, and Tangrowth after rocks and a plus +2.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.