• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

HOLIDAY PRESENTS YEAH

plpZDbLRp
ponAE4Lsp
pnHf2JdAp

Aw shoot, it's THESE guys again. The Holiday Delibird have arrived! Why they're here? Couldnt say. They can be here to give or TAKE. Or do nothing at all.

As you all know, Delbirds Present is quite the mixed bag. Maybe you'll get somethin good, maybe you'll get NOTHING at all. Maybe they'll RUIN YOUR LIFE. Maybe it isnt about the gifts. Whatever it is, PICK. What's inside the sacks'll be revealed after Holiday times are settled.

So
Pick a Delibird color and wait!

Just pick a gosh D*RN color.
DONT get mad if its somethin bad, just be glad you got to experience it!

Hope you dudes made it through these holiday times just peachy~
Sorry, ive been a bit busy this month but i'll try and set some stuff up here in the future!​

DX 2401PT

Monitor
What's the best that could happen and what's the worst that could happen with them Delibirds?

I have a feeling that the "best" Delibird isn't going to do much for me, but the "worst" one might suck, so... the hell with the Delibirds.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
What's the best that could happen and what's the worst that could happen with them Delibirds?

I have a feeling that the "best" Delibird isn't going to do much for me, but the "worst" one might suck, so... the hell with the Delibirds.

Wow I was actually gonna PayPal you 4 billion dollars but ok ill keep it!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Wow I was actually gonna PayPal you 4 billion dollars but ok ill keep it!

I'd probably lose like 75% to taxes anyways.

Seriously though. I assume the best case is you get a free Pokemon, and worst case is... you have to win a ladder game with Delibird or something?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM OU CCAT
THIRD MON VOTIN

AAAH IM SO TERRIBLY LATE

latest

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Chansey Zapdos both have some problems with lando and zyn so bulu is here to help out with that. AV Bulu is really common now with grassy surge taking care of thousand arrows which really hurt us right now and eq. AV helps it live through some special attacks thrown our way and bulu can hit back against most pokemon coming our with the exception of mega scizor and mag which zapdos and chansey help cover for.

Tapu_Bulu.png

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

A Tapu Bulu set sounds nice, but specifically, the SD one does sound nicest imo! Bulus ability and typing allows it to check +1 Zygarde and set up alongside it with SD. Also checks physical Z-Wild Koko, physical offensive water type breakers like Mega Gyara and Crawdaunt, and especially Keldeo. When one fat team meets another and neither have very much offensive presence, its wall breakers like this that make things a bit easier! As mentioned, common Bulu counters like Scizor, Skarm, and Celesteela do tend to make Bulus life a pain. Zapdos does well to help keep these mons in line. As is the case on the other spectrum that is special attack in the case of Magearna, Heatran, and Greninja with Chanseys aid. Since the main goal of this Bulu is to break through other fat teams, it makes sense to make it Adamant as its that extra power that'll enable it to OHKO things like max HP mega Lati, Venusaur-Mega, and Tangrowth after rocks and a plus +2 Rockium.

Bulu seems like a perfect fit! I mean, it has to be, right? More then one person hadd it in mind! The type of Bulu, however, is up to you. You gotta pick!

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

USUM OU Viability Rankings

USUM OU Role Compendium

Votin for Third Mon shall end on
December 30'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

~~~

plpZDbLRp
ponAE4Lsp
pnHf2JdAp

These Delibird?? Well they're about to leave! The deadline to pick is also on
December 30'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Once they're gone, you gotta wait till next year to pick again! Too cool to pick?? Well, uhh, Delibirds an ice type so its COOLER. SO PICK.

~~~

graham-cracker.png

As you all know, a very special day is coming! A day so special I have something nice planned to be announced. If you kept your eyes open im pretty sure you know of it already, but if you didnt, you might like it! I mean, I sure hope so. ^^;​

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
IT'S TIME

To unwrap presents! If you picked, well, you're in for a surprise! If you didnt, well, uhh, you know, good for you. Maybe you're already satisfied with your present situation! ^^;

The blue Delibird

Blue is a very commonly liked color, for its flexibility and relation to commonly "cool" things like air, or the ocean. However, is the present just as cool? It's time to find out...

plpZDbLRp

Lookie at that, it's 7 battle points you dont have to work for! Lucky you! Dont spend em all in one place.

The red Delibird

Ah, the oriental Delibird. The safest Delibird to pick, and for good reason! Red and white is such a pleasing combo with the right design. Delibird is quite a nice design for it to, especially given its theme. Let's see if the present is just as pleasing!

ponAE4Lsp

NOTHING

Absolutely D E S T R O Y E D
How will you EVER recover from getting nothing? Getting nothing is perhaps the safest gift of all, wouldnt you say?? Maybe it was never about the gift?? Well, who am I kidding, of course its lame, but thems the ropes! You knew the risks, but got off scot free! A little too free, I might add. Oh well, better luck next time! You're still awesome! ^^;

The green Delibird

A very merry color as well. Green can be a very stoic color. Associated with intelligence, not that you're not intelligent for picking other colors!! Though it can get ugly very quickly, green is a very sensitive color. Lighter tones can be very enjoyable, but darker ones can be especially hostile. Yes, a sensitive color indeed!

pnHf2JdAp

KICKED OUT

Goodbye!

Pfft, no, im kidding.

You get something kinda experimental!

An Event created with you in mind!

I'll create an event with something I know you'll like! You can even tell me what kind of event you'd like it to be and i'll make it happen! I'm gonna PM you and you let me KNOW. THIS IS GONNA WORK I SWEAR IT.

Thanks everyone for participating! It can be hard to give you dudes things you actually want, so I hope you at least were slightly mused by this whole series of events. Hope your wallets made it through the holidays!

~~~

seals.png

Seal Sunday

As you're all aware, the Sunday after Christmas is always Seal Sunday! You know the rules!

1. Say something nice about any Seal Pokemon!

If you say something nice, you get 5 points! It's good to remember the seals of Pokemon.

~~~

USUM OU CCAT
FOURTH MON NOMINATIN

BIG MAN BULU​

chansey.gif

Chansey @Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

Soft-Boiled because it's Chansey. I mean... come on.

Seismic Toss so Chansey can actually do something against Steel types that don't attack directly. That way, Chansey can actually stall against Celesteela and Ferrothorn despite Leech Seed.

Toxic because... it's Chansey. Puts a timer on those who would like to set up against Chansey, and sometimes even prompts them to just attack directly, which leads to...

Counter. When a Chansey appears, everyone automatically thinks: hit it hard. And then Chansey kills them. Given the sheer number of lead Pokemon that use physical attacks, Counter works surprisingly well. Such as, Landorus Therian. It'll use Stealth Rocks at first, while Chansey uses Toxic. Then Landorus either uses Earthquake, in which case Chansey kills it immediately with Counter, or it uses U-turn, in which case the next poor sap that popped out dies immediately.

Unorthodox, perhaps, but that is why it worked.​

zapdos.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Standard defensive Zap. Y'all brought this defensive core garbage to yourselves and now I can only help. SD (and banded) Kartana is becoming more and more popular lately along with AV bulu and this set deals with both of them while clearing nasty hazards from our soon to be stall/semi stall team. Knock Off Kartana/Sub Zygarde are still pretty annoying though so we'll need to find answers to those along with hazards and a win condition.​

tapubulu.gif

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

A Tapu Bulu set sounds nice, but specifically, the SD one does sound nicest imo! Bulus ability and typing allows it to check +1 Zygarde and set up alongside it with SD. Also checks physical Z-Wild Koko, physical offensive water type breakers like Mega Gyara and Crawdaunt, and especially Keldeo. When one fat team meets another and neither have very much offensive presence, its wall breakers like this that make things a bit easier! As mentioned, common Bulu counters like Scizor, Skarm, and Celesteela do tend to make Bulus life a pain. Zapdos does well to help keep these mons in line. As is the case on the other spectrum that is special attack in the case of Magearna, Heatran, and Greninja with Chanseys aid. Since the main goal of this Bulu is to break through other fat teams, it makes sense to make it Adamant as its that extra power that'll enable it to OHKO things like max HP mega Lati, Venusaur-Mega, and Tangrowth after rocks and a plus +2.​

Bulu can break through fatter teams with its amazing offenses and grassy STABs, especially after a +2 boost. By virture of its natural bulk for physical hits and its terrain, it can come in on ground, dark, and water attacks, and gives our team some more offensive options! The ability to nuke anything with a hard +2 Grass STAB, or Z-move can be extraordinary against opposing fat. Still though, our team isnt impervious! We've got some obvious things to cover like hazards, fire and ice weaknesses, maybe somethin else that's able to commit to the long game and can whittle the opposing team down as well. Maybe you got it in mind, what our teams gonna need next!

USUM OU Viability Rankings

USUM OU Role Compendium

4th Mon Nominatin shall end on
January 2'nd 12:00 PM UTC -6

~~~

graham-cracker.png

The VO Graham Crackers!

This is still in progress, but I promised i'd fill you all in! I'm just about done, but as you all may or may not know, our anniversary has appeared! Yes, it's the 4th anniversary of VO! We've been through a lot. Remember that one time that thing happened, HOOOOOO, was that crazy. I pay attention to you dudes a bit and you've all got some quirks about that can be charming at times. This isnt about what I think, it's about what YOU guys think! The event im planning will be an awards event for VO! Not just me, but 00swms was the one who im collabing with for this to! From embarrassing awards to quirky awards and competitive awards, most member will be given a shot to win. I say most cause some of you are inactive, unfortunately. Only active people will be eligible! I just gotta polish the form a bit, and it'll be posted.

Look forward to the future! Do what you can at the moment and keep building yourself up! If you fall, dont stay fallen, get right back up. Thanks for bein as stalwart and awesome as ever, VO. Pokemons got that really uncanny ability to bring people together, huh?​

Last edited:
Is there a least useful award? Or most unreliable? I think I am the most qualified candidate for either title.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Ah, Walrein. You don't understand the true awesomeness of this walruseal until you see it in a dedicated Acid Rain team back in Generation IV. Sure, the game wasn't DESIGNED for such shenanigans, but... Walrein (and Ludicolo) in that team is INVINCIBLE! ... There, I sold out. POINTS! ... Seriously though. Acid Rain Walrein is hilarious.

As for nominations... I guess I'll renominate my Chandelure. With Zapdos's Defog, and Bulu's Grassy Terrain, Chandelure has a lot less to worry about. And can burn other Tapu Bulus.

ptz

Pokemon?: (in which ball if multiple of the same mon in different balls): charmander premier ball
Nature?: Adamant
What word are you thinking of right now?: T*ts
Current Orders: 0

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I actually love all the seal/sea lion Pokemon tbh

Seel and Dewgong are my fav gen 1 water types, Spheal line is my fav gen 3 ice types, Samurott is my fav water type, and Popplio's line is my fav gen 7 water types.

anyway imma suggest something that i made up myself i think it's decent whatever

blacephalon.gif

Blacephalon @Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Timid Nature
-Overheat/Mind Blown
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic/Psyshock/Calm Mind
-Trick

So like I came up with this on the spot neat right!? Anyway, since Blacephalon is scary stronk with Special Attacks and has some decent speed I decided, hey why not scarf it? Like right? Anyway the EVs are self-explanatory as is the nature. Overheat is for massive STAB fire damage without health loss, but hey if you want a little more damage with the 50% hp loss go ahead! Shadow Ball is standard Ghost STAB, Psychic is our nice coverage move which can be swapped with Psyshock if you wanna. Psychic hits Toxapex pretty hard on a switch in and OHKOs 'fast stuff that might come in to revenge kill but uh oh your scarf makes you faster' such as Gengar, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Trick is the special thing on this bad boy. What's worse for Pokemon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and other mons that rely on their special held items like Eviolite and Leftovers/Black Sludge to make them extra bulky lose that item for a Scarf? You can also use it safely against slower sucker punchers like Bisharp to lock them into it while stealing their item! If you don't wanna run Psychic or Psyshock then you can use Calm Mind for scenarios like this for a free SpDef and SpAtk boost on the switch!

I don't know vote for me! :)

I'm late but I'll nominate something too. (please fix formatting ty)
---

M-Diancie

name: Substitute + Endeavor
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Endeavor
move 3: Moonblast
move 4: Diamond Storm
item: Diancite
ability: Clear Body
nature: Naive
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

A sub endeavor set that pressures defensive mons like pex, m-venu, and gliscor. Pairs well with bulu (though arguably better with *** vest bulu) to take out stall while keeping Diancite a little healthier with the terrain. Zapdos pairs well to force out steels like scizor and celesteela.

Status
Not open for further replies.