• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

USUM OU CCAT
FOURTH MON VOTIN

WOWO
you guys REALLY wanna ghost/fire on this team

609Chandelure_Dream.png

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Candleface the Chandelure. ... Or Shadowflame since it sounds cooler. I think Chandelure serves decent when paired with Chansey because it slaps those who would not care for the Counter Chansey build. Such as...

Scizor and Kartana melt away to Flamethrower. I think Scarf is pretty much mandatory to hit Kartana before it uses Knock Off, assuming it has it. And Chandelure's Infiltrator IGNORES Substitute. A Contrary Serperior can use Sub all it wants. It will burn and die immediately. Chandelure also resists Bullet Punch, so Scizor won't be swatting it away after one or two Swords Dance. And Zygarde can't do squat with Extremespeed, allowing Chandelure to do its thing first.

Flamethrower for primary STAB. Fire Blast and Overheat are optional, but I hate all attacks with accuracy less than 100. But for the purpose of this, I will include those stronger attacks.

Shadow Ball for secondary STAB. I would say that this isn't all THAT necessary, but... Tapu Lele exists. Some Latios builds exist.

Energy Ball for coverage, I guess? Smack those occasional Water types that come in. Rock and Ground too, I suppose.

Hidden Power [Ice] to smack Landorus and Substitute Zygarde. Infiltrator ignores Sub, so Zygarde can try hiding and using Coil, but Chandelure gives no damns, and HP Ice against Zygarde would be twice as effective as a regular Shadow Ball.​

blacephalon_shiny_dream_world_by_sealnhj-dbufwoa.png

Blacephalon @Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Timid Nature
-Overheat/Mind Blown
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic/Psyshock/Calm Mind
-Trick

So like I came up with this on the spot neat right!? Anyway, since Blacephalon is scary stronk with Special Attacks and has some decent speed I decided, hey why not scarf it? Like right? Anyway the EVs are self-explanatory as is the nature. Overheat is for massive STAB fire damage without health loss, but hey if you want a little more damage with the 50% hp loss go ahead! Shadow Ball is standard Ghost STAB, Psychic is our nice coverage move which can be swapped with Psyshock if you wanna. Psychic hits Toxapex pretty hard on a switch in and OHKOs 'fast stuff that might come in to revenge kill but uh oh your scarf makes you faster' such as Gengar, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Trick is the special thing on this bad boy. What's worse for Pokemon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and other mons that rely on their special held items like Eviolite and Leftovers/Black Sludge to make them extra bulky lose that item for a Scarf? You can also use it safely against slower sucker punchers like Bisharp to lock them into it while stealing their item! If you don't wanna run Psychic or Psyshock then you can use Calm Mind for scenarios like this for a free SpDef and SpAtk boost on the switch!

I don't know vote for me! :)

mega_diancie_by_19dprobert-d8abdy1.png

name: Substitute + Endeavor
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Endeavor
move 3: Moonblast
move 4: Diamond Storm
item: Diancite
ability: Clear Body
nature: Naive
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

A sub endeavor set that pressures defensive mons like pex, m-venu, and gliscor. Pairs well with bulu (though arguably better with *** vest bulu) to take out stall while keeping Diancite a little healthier with the terrain. Zapdos pairs well to force out steels like scizor and celesteela.

That's two scarvers of almost the same fashion at first glance! One is Chandelure which has the niche of hitting past subs against mons like Su Zygarde, Sub Diancie, and Sub Alakazam. It's also a potent late game sweeper with its high sp.atk and fantastic coverage. Blacephalon is just about in the same ball park only this one can go with Mind Blown for incredible damage output but at the cost of half. Another safer alternative would be Fire Blast or Flamethrower. It lends itself to becoming a CM'er should you trick the Scarf away but Psychic/Shock is coverage to better pressure things like Keldeo, Venusaur-Mega, and Toxapex should the team require more answers to them. Also its a very potent late game sweeper thanks to scars beast boost. Lastly, we have melies Diancie. The combination of Sub+Endeavor, high speed, and high powered STABs can easily wear a team down, though it is susceptible to hazards, of course, given the nature of the set.

That's three Pokemon!
Once can be chosen, and ONLY one, so vote after ya give it a good think

USUM OU Viability Rankings

USUM OU Role Compendium

4th Mon Votan shall end on
January 6'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

And thank you few, who participated in seal sunday! Its imperative to REMEMBER that seals are VERY IMPORTANT

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
votin Chandy

also stilll puttin together the awards, addin and droppin some awards, its the first time we've done somehtin like this so wanna make sure everythings ok

[video=youtube;ampj6zSGnqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ampj6zSGnqA&t=107s[/video]

EVERYONE PLEASE WATCH THIS
this is an excellent match on both sides with minimal hax, it's ORAS OU, and if the commentary is bothersome, watch it on mute with captions but this is definitely two great players and a great example of fantastic competitive pokemon being played, i dont post videos too often but this game is just awesome, its just a very inspirational game for me and i do hope u dudes see it as the same

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Voting for Blacephelon

Oh and Walrein is cool

Bo5 w/ nick:

Rank?: 9.5
Oppnents Serebii name?: Conquer Phoenix
Win or Lose?: L
Score?: idr
Your current won battle total? 306
How did u feel about it?: GG

Win or Lose?: W
Your current won battle total? 307

Your current won battle total? 308

Your current won battle total? 309

Your current won battle total? 310

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ Way to go, Mc! I've updated all points from battles, to prize points from events!

USUM OU CCAT
FIFTH MON NOMINATIN

A BEAST

chansey.gif

Chansey @Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

Soft-Boiled because it's Chansey. I mean... come on.

Seismic Toss so Chansey can actually do something against Steel types that don't attack directly. That way, Chansey can actually stall against Celesteela and Ferrothorn despite Leech Seed.

Toxic because... it's Chansey. Puts a timer on those who would like to set up against Chansey, and sometimes even prompts them to just attack directly, which leads to...

Counter. When a Chansey appears, everyone automatically thinks: hit it hard. And then Chansey kills them. Given the sheer number of lead Pokemon that use physical attacks, Counter works surprisingly well. Such as, Landorus Therian. It'll use Stealth Rocks at first, while Chansey uses Toxic. Then Landorus either uses Earthquake, in which case Chansey kills it immediately with Counter, or it uses U-turn, in which case the next poor sap that popped out dies immediately.

Unorthodox, perhaps, but that is why it worked.​

zapdos.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Standard defensive Zap. Y'all brought this defensive core garbage to yourselves and now I can only help. SD (and banded) Kartana is becoming more and more popular lately along with AV bulu and this set deals with both of them while clearing nasty hazards from our soon to be stall/semi stall team. Knock Off Kartana/Sub Zygarde are still pretty annoying though so we'll need to find answers to those along with hazards and a win condition.

tapubulu.gif

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

A Tapu Bulu set sounds nice, but specifically, the SD one does sound nicest imo! Bulus ability and typing allows it to check +1 Zygarde and set up alongside it with SD. Also checks physical Z-Wild Koko, physical offensive water type breakers like Mega Gyara and Crawdaunt, and especially Keldeo. When one fat team meets another and neither have very much offensive presence, its wall breakers like this that make things a bit easier! As mentioned, common Bulu counters like Scizor, Skarm, and Celesteela do tend to make Bulus life a pain. Zapdos does well to help keep these mons in line. As is the case on the other spectrum that is special attack in the case of Magearna, Heatran, and Greninja with Chanseys aid. Since the main goal of this Bulu is to break through other fat teams, it makes sense to make it Adamant as its that extra power that'll enable it to OHKO things like max HP mega Lati, Venusaur-Mega, and Tangrowth after rocks and a plus +2.

blacephalon.gif

Blacephalon @Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Timid Nature
-Overheat/Mind Blown
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic/Psyshock/Calm Mind
-Trick

So like I came up with this on the spot neat right!? Anyway, since Blacephalon is scary stronk with Special Attacks and has some decent speed I decided, hey why not scarf it? Like right? Anyway the EVs are self-explanatory as is the nature. Overheat is for massive STAB fire damage without health loss, but hey if you want a little more damage with the 50% hp loss go ahead! Shadow Ball is standard Ghost STAB, Psychic is our nice coverage move which can be swapped with Psyshock if you wanna. Psychic hits Toxapex pretty hard on a switch in and OHKOs 'fast stuff that might come in to revenge kill but uh oh your scarf makes you faster' such as Gengar, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Trick is the special thing on this bad boy. What's worse for Pokemon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and other mons that rely on their special held items like Eviolite and Leftovers/Black Sludge to make them extra bulky lose that item for a Scarf? You can also use it safely against slower sucker punchers like Bisharp to lock them into it while stealing their item! If you don't wanna run Psychic or Psyshock then you can use Calm Mind for scenarios like this for a free SpDef and SpAtk boost on the switch!

Ooh, this teams lookin super balanced now. We've got speed control in Blacephalon! Not only that, but Blacephalon can snowball effect in the late game thanks to Beast Boost. Overheat and Mind Blown can be very effective in hit and run scenarios, but Fire Blast could work just as well should you not want those nasty drawbacks both other options come with and you're looking to stay in for a sweep. Both the psychic options are excellent coverage against poisons like Venusaur and Toxapex, depending on how the team looks in the end should dictate which spectrum we'd appreciate hitting them from most. Trick incapacitates common switch ins to Blaceph like Chansey, Toxa, you know, when the match-up deems versatility to be more effective then speed. Blacephalons a really cool Pokemon, I feel. It's obscenely powerful, but also a little too frail with a weakness to stealth rock. It wont be hard to take out in one hit, so do ensure you'll be KOing whatever it is you're up against, or at least, able to take a hit.

We've got Chansey+Zapdos for KokoLucha, Chansey for general special spongeynes, Bulu for erroneous grounds like Zygarde, and Blacephalon to help everyone keep up to speed. A good way to know what we're weak to is to check the viability ranks, but from what I can see off the bat is still a weakness to psychic spam int he form of specs Lele. What do you see? Can you help it?

USUM OU Role Compendium

5th Mon Nominatin shall end on
January 10'nd 12:00 AM UTC -6

~~~

USUM Nuzlocke Update #VIII

I'm gonna be honest with you guys, what happened next was a blur, and the team has changed dramatically over the course of said blur. A flurry of activity that forever changes the way i'll look at nuzlocke difficulty, and my life forever. I dont remember much, but im going to go over what I do remember. So please, bear with me. I didnt forget this, I will finish this.

It was after storming the headquarter of Aether. We had stomped over all those fools, and we're goin for the big bad; Guzma. I was confident. I was too confident, and that's where I failed. I dont remember everything, I do remember making it out. But not before Guzmas Golisopod kept defense dropping and criting my Machamp until it fell. Machimuchi DID weaken it, enough so that Talonflame could beat it with Aerial Ace. Talonflame is very fast, I thought I could merely outspeed and OHKO Masquerain with Skystrike.

Masquerain was somehow faster and OHKO'd with a crit Air Slash. I....I didnt know what to think. Maybe, I could have played safer, yknow? I dunno....

The rest of Guzmas squad was put to bed by my squad, but those two....they were big losses. I didnt know if we could go on. YET, I KNEW we had to. I rallied everyones sprits, called upon two of our reserves in Lil lil the Petilil and J.D. the Scraggy. I wasted no time trained them up properly into their evolved forms of Lilligant and Scrafty. They were powerful, Lil lil with her status abilities and Scrafty with his raw strength, endurance, and coverage. I felt I was ready for the next set of challenges.

We had returned to the Aether foundation to finish up that one girls mom, yeah, turns out she was koo-koo. Her mons were a little scary, but we left without a scratch. It was there we learned we had to go travel to another dimension or something to save her mom who got BLOWN back so far she got sent into another dimension or somethin. See, it was here, I TUNED OUT. I honestly cannot be bothered with inter dimensional hopping in the midst of me and my Pokemons journey to conquer A l o l a. Get that, it's Alola. Not some mindboggling, nonsense dimension. I know, im supposed to be the everyman or somethin, but cmon! I'm 11! I can surf on a mantine, I can watch my friends perish, I can take on a couple dubious groups of no-gooders, but I can only do so when relegated to ONE dimension! ><

OF COURSE, i was forced into doing this anyways, so we had to take a ferry to some canyon to get there. The canyon itself was long and winding, time consuming, but we made it through alive. That is, until we caught up with the surprise Totem trial. Play Rough against a few dragons wasnt hard, but the BIG dragon Kommo-O had appreared and had a Roseli Berry, AND was already gonna KO Mimikyu after the disguise broke that first turn. Mimikyu was able to OHKO the Jangmo-O that was called after, but right after a freakin Scizor was called. I got outta there and went into Tentacruel; he had Dazzling Gleam! Coming in was hard, I took a hit coming in, but I was still in the green. I thought id be able to resist everything thrown at me since I resisted 3/4 of Scizor and Kommo STABs, but then it had Thunder Punch. I ALMOST died and was left to the red. Then I used DAZZLING GLEAM and luckily I gotta crit! The Kommo-O fell, but the Scizor took paltry damage. I was in red so even I knew to get outta there, but that Scizor had other plans. A Pursuit sunk my Tentacruel. Davy Jones did so well, please rest gently, Davy. I gave the Scizor a thorough shocking with Magnemaybe the Magneton.

Now we were at the altar and good thing I took flute lessons in jr. high otherwise it woulda been super awkward. We called upon Lillies bag cloud and it transformed into a space bat. It was cool, but it wanted to fight which was ok, I guess. First I paralyzed it with Furfrous T-WAVE, then went into Magneton soz I can pivot from Volt Switch into Mimikyu. Mimikyu finished her up with a Never-ending Nightmare which is werid cause it ended.

After that, we were mobbed by everyone literally who I came across in our journey! From Guzma, to the lillie and hau, to some tron-lookin guys. The Tron lookin guys told me to fly on their lion to go stop this BIG BAD POKEMON; Necrozma from stealin the light from the world. See, shortly after I beat the space bat some weirdo Pokemon flew by and took advantage of Lunalas weakened state and said; "ur mine". I NEED the light cause applyin make-up in the dark isnt fun, so off we go, had to save Lunala, the light, AND lillies mom. I dont remember th order it went in. >< It was the lion that allowed me to dimension-travel though.

Sure it was all a fever dream at this point; I went along for the ride! Across dimensions I came across a fish pancake named Stunfisk. I claimed it and called it Justice. As I was sure at this point; my happenings were a divine justice against me. We arrived at the correct dimension and said hi to the Tron convention. After that, it was time for the big showdown. Or it woulda been, but I had to train up another member first! I chose Weest the Gastrodon. I picked her up a little before Vast Poni, I believe. Also picked up NO BULLY the Granbull, and Agitha the Pinsir. Oh yeah, I had to pick up the flute from some island before playing it. Im sorry, guys, there was a lot to recall. >< The battle left me with a head an heartache.

After training and intense hyperventilation, it was time. This thingy was huge, it was all final boss-like, BUT I was here and ready to fight it. I started it off with my Magnemaybe. A lucky Discharge para automatically steered things in our favor, but, this thing was fast. Still faster even with a para then half my team. It was also OHKO'ing everything, oh my god. It was horrible. After pivoting into my Mimikyu with Volt Switch, I used Never Ending Nightmare, but little did I know the nightmare was my own and it truly WAS never ending as the abomination in front of me lived; and with plenty of HP. It was out of Shadow Sneak range just barely. I thought I could outspeed it with Mimikyu but it didnt happen. It knew Smart Strike and KO'd Mimikyu. Oh, it was horrible. I switched out to Lilligant, but she got outsped and got OHKO'd by a freakin light. I was hoping Weest could tank, but nope, OHKO'd. OH GOD. Fidelite gave it a Bite, but that barely scartched it and she was done in as well. Oh, Fidelitie. She had seen it all, and gave it all, just as all the other fallen have on this journey. Scrafty came in, he was able to tank a hit and Crunch back, but ultimately outdone on the second turn. It was my last; Magnemaybe the Magenton vs this abominable light creature from another dimension. I just wanted to go home and have an adventure, in the confinement of my own dimension, but here I was; fighting for the lives of everyone on EVERY dimension. Then it happened, some divine intervention on my part, or a cosmic prank against the monster. It got paralyzed and I was able to KO it with a Signal Beam. It fell with a mighty roar and in the end, it was just me and three magnets. I stared at my game for a bit, got up, went to the bathroom to was my face, and washed the dishes.

Spr_4h_082.png

Magnemaybe the Magneton
lvl 43
Genderless
Sturdy
Flash Cannon~Discharge~Signal Beam~Volt Switch

lillipup.png

Damage the Lillipup
lvl 17
Female
Vital Spirit
Bite~Baby-Doll Eyes~Wild Charge~Take Down

frillish-f.png

Rose Red the Frillish
lvl 34
Water Absorb
Scald~Shadow Ball~Psychic~Sludge Bomb

aerodactyl.png

Aero Head the Aerodactyl
lvl 40
Rock Head
Rock Slide~Aerial Ace~Bulldoze~Crunch

Spr_4d_127.png

Agitha the Pinsir
lvl 42
Hyper Cutter
X-Scissor~Swords Dance~Submission~Storm Throw

stunfisk.png

Justice the Stunfisk
lvl 60
Limber
Scald~Thunderbolt~Revenge~Flail

metapod.png

Cheeto the Shiny Metapod

comfey_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-daaoppl.png

flowre the Comfey

Spr_4d_246.png

GLITCH the Larvitar

Spr_4h_092.png

Risky the Gastly

Spr_4d_278.png

Annie May the Wingull

Spr_4d_299.png

Schnozz the Nosepass

Spr_4h_166_f.png

PunchBuggy the Ledian

crabrawler_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-daeqk6i.png

BIGMEATYCLAW the Crabrawler

togedemaru_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-da8l7e2.png

Cheeky the Togedemaru

elgyem.png

Ayla Mao the Elgyem

wishiwashi_sprites_by_leparagon-dadcijj.png

SquadUp the Wishiwashi

Spr_4d_361.png

Violent J the Snorunt

zubat-f.png

Pazuzu the Zubat

Fell to a torrent boosted Water Gun.

alolan%20persian.png

Ritz the Persian

Double teamed by Araquanids rain and water bubble boosted Bubble and Masquerains Bug Bite.

butterfree.png

Popcorn the Butterfree

Took the blow for the greater good in order to secure victory in the face of Totem Marowak.

psyduck.png

Dodger the Psyduck

Held on through Totem Marowaks Brick Break but subsequently got poisoned by Salazzles Poison Gas. He then unleashed his Waterium-Z fury that led to Totem Marowaks second death. Fell to the poison in the same turn.

trumbeak_sprite_by_luigi_player-daqzsec.gif

TopPec the Trumbeak

Sniped by a Dragon Rage from Salandit.

Spr_4d_122.png

Ed the Mr. Mime

Taken from us by an OHKO from Plumerias Golbat Poison Fang.

poliwag.png

goaway the Poliwag

Fell to a magnitude 10 from a Diglett in the tunnel.

Spr_4p_303.png

Ita the Mawile

Surprised by a sturdy Stuffuls Bide.

mudbray_sprite_by_elazulmax-dacc4bi.png

Cauli the Mudbray

KO'd by a Grimers Knock Off.

malamar_sprite_by_animela_wolfhybrid-d6q7rc4.png

Seija the Malamar

Sacrificed herself to Guzmas Goliospod.

Spr_4h_047.png

Fun Guy the Parasect

Done in by a crit Leech Life from Burned Mimikyu

Spr_4h_121.png

Twinkle 007 the Starmie

Pursued by Gladions Type-Null

Spr_4h_068.png

Machimuchi the Machamp

Undone by Guzmas ruthless Golisopod.

talonflame_sprite_by_natsu714-d6mjxdb.png

Yuugi the Talonflame

Surprised by Guzmas Masquerain crit Air Slash.

Spr_4h_073.png

Davy Jones the Tentacruel

Pursued by a wild Scizor.

mimikyu_sprite_by_luigi_player-daf5yps.gif

Jack the Mimikyu

Gave it his all against the light monster, and fell weakening it.

lilligant.png

Lil lil the Lilligant

Swallowed by light.

furfrou_sprite_by_noscium-d6m4nf9.png

Fidélité the Furfrou

Threw herself at the light abomination. She had no fear as she sunk her teeth into it.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
2 more Pokemon to go, huh?

From the depths of unorthodox shenanigans, I present... THE REMOVAL OPTION

Sharpedo @Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Destiny Bond

With Defog and maybe even Grassy Terrain, entry hazards aren't really much of a concern, so Focus Sash will do its job. And with Speed Boost, Sharpedo can get to on average of +3 Spd, allowing it to outrun everything in existence. 120 Atk hurts a lot, so taking repeated hits from this thing SUCKS. And as a Dark type, switch into a Psychic-locked Tapu Lele to force it to run, giving you more time to get faster. And as a bonus, if Tapu Lele retreats, it leaves behind Psychic Terrain, which then protects Sharpedo from Speed Priority shenanigans like Greninja.

Waterfall: Primary STAB, and 20% chance of making the opponent flinch, which is just hilarious, since that gives Sharpedo even more turns to be annoying.

Crunch: Secondary STAB. Pretty important, given how many things resist Water or just don't care.

Protect: Mandatory for this thing, actually. Using Protect immediately grants a free +1 Spd, allowing it to outrun things that used to outrun it before. Protect, survive a hit with Sash, Protect again, for +3 Spd on Sharpedo, allowing it to...

Destiny Bond: The removal. What if something managed to get one too many Dragon/Quiver Dance, thus outruns and sweeps the whole team? The solution is here. Protect, survive a hit while blasting 'em with Waterfall/Crunch, Protect, then Waterfall/Crunch again if first attack dealt more than 50% damage, or Destiny Bond to drag 'em down to hell. Unless the opponent used Dragon/Quiver Dance more than 3 times, Sharpedo will outrun them, allowing it to use Destiny Bond without problems. But chances are, given Sharpedo's Atk stat, it can two shot quite a lot of things, allowing it to save Destiny Bond for the poor sap that comes out right after.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
i'll suggest again:

latest

Magearna @Assault Vest
Ability: Soul Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Fleur Cannon
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power Fire
-Volt Switch

This is basic tanky Magearna, not only can this wall Tapu Lele, but it also checks and counters Specs Gengar, Special Greninja, M-Diancie, and Clefable very well. The EVs and nature allow it to do this along with the extra boost in SpD thanks to Assault Vest which will rarely get Knocked Off due to Magearna's resistance to Dark and it's huge bulk. Fleur Cannon is Magearna's standard Fairy STAB which can OHKO many Pokemon susceptible to Fairy such as Bisharp, Kyu-B, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Plus it also OHKOs two very common rain team pokes; Kingdra and Hawlucha. Flash Cannon is the secondary STAB move which can put a dent in Tapu Lele and Bulu while also hurting Clefable and Mimikyu and 2HKOs A-Veil A-Ninetales. HP Fire really cripples some common switch-ins like M-Scizor, Ferrothorn, Kartana, etc... while Volt Switch provides safe switch-ins for your team and really hurts Pelipper and deals a respectable amount of damage to Tapu Fini, Manaphy, and Skarmory. Magearna really pairs well with the team by eliminating our big weakness to Fairy and Psychic spam we have now but we're still quite susceptible to Fire moves in particular with only Blacephalon being our check for those types, and Pokemon like Heatran, Marowak-A, and other Blacephalon are Pokes we wouldn't wanna switch that in on.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Nominating

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic/Taunt
- Protect/Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Provides the team with Stealth Rock support. Has nice synergy with Zapdos and Bulu; they can take on Ground and Fighting type moves and pressure Water types while Tran can take on Lele and Magearna for the most part (be wary of Focus Blast and Fightnium Z). Grassy Surge provides Tran with some additional recovery alongside Lefties while Chansey and Tran can alleviate some of the pressure from each other while taking on special attackers such as Koko and Blacephelon. Protect is useful for scouting for moves such as the aforementioned Focus Blast, for gaining more recovery, and for getting the drop on High Jump Kick. Taunt can help stallbreak mons such as Chansey and Clefable while Toxic can wear down some of Tran's switch ins such as bulky water types.

Some issues that the team would still have: Fightnium Z Lele and Magearna; MLopunny; MMedicham; Flynium Z Lando.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
BAM

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usage-based-tier-update-for-january-2018.3625266/

Necrozma moved from BL3 to RU
Ribombee moved from BL3 to RU
Qwilfish moved from PU to NU
Kingdra moved from OU to UU
Mandibuzz moved from UU to RU
Spiritomb moved from NU to PU
Stakataka moved from OU to UU
Lucario moved from BL2 to UU
Heliolisk moved from RU to NU
Venusaur moved from RU to NU
Charizard-Mega-Y moved from OU to UU
Blastoise-Mega moved from UU to RU
Sandslash-Alola moved from NU to PU
Manaphy moved from OU to UU
Marowak-Alola moved from OU to UU
Torkoal moved from RU to NU
Klinklang moved from BL4 to NU
Lycanroc-Dusk moved from OU to UU
Dragonite moved from OU to UU
Silvally-Steel moved from PU to NU
Ninetales-Alola moved from OU to UU
Smeargle moved from RU to NU
Claydol moved from NU to PU
Rotom-Mow moved from NU to RU
Medicham moved from BL4 to NU
Yanmega moved from BL3 to RU
Seismitoad moved from NU to UU
Kommo-o moved from RU to UU
Gengar moved from OU to UU
Rotom-Wash moved from UU to OU
Aurorus moved from NU to PU
Dugtrio moved from RU to NU

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, BROS
THIS WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TO GENGAR

Also, still puttin those awards together. Found out the first method of doin em might leave results a stretch, so I wanted to compact it. You'll see what I mean when I post it!

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
I thought they banned Manaphy from UU already
Z Rain + Tail Glow was p hardcore

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^^^ I remember Manaphy being banned. Wasn't that last gen though?

USUM OU CCAT
FIFTH MON VOTIN

2 more Pokemon to go, huh?

From the depths of unorthodox shenanigans, I present... THE REMOVAL OPTION

imageproxy.php

Sharpedo @Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Destiny Bond

With Defog and maybe even Grassy Terrain, entry hazards aren't really much of a concern, so Focus Sash will do its job. And with Speed Boost, Sharpedo can get to on average of +3 Spd, allowing it to outrun everything in existence. 120 Atk hurts a lot, so taking repeated hits from this thing SUCKS. And as a Dark type, switch into a Psychic-locked Tapu Lele to force it to run, giving you more time to get faster. And as a bonus, if Tapu Lele retreats, it leaves behind Psychic Terrain, which then protects Sharpedo from Speed Priority shenanigans like Greninja.

Waterfall: Primary STAB, and 20% chance of making the opponent flinch, which is just hilarious, since that gives Sharpedo even more turns to be annoying.

Crunch: Secondary STAB. Pretty important, given how many things resist Water or just don't care.

Protect: Mandatory for this thing, actually. Using Protect immediately grants a free +1 Spd, allowing it to outrun things that used to outrun it before. Protect, survive a hit with Sash, Protect again, for +3 Spd on Sharpedo, allowing it to...

Destiny Bond: The removal. What if something managed to get one too many Dragon/Quiver Dance, thus outruns and sweeps the whole team? The solution is here. Protect, survive a hit while blasting 'em with Waterfall/Crunch, Protect, then Waterfall/Crunch again if first attack dealt more than 50% damage, or Destiny Bond to drag 'em down to hell. Unless the opponent used Dragon/Quiver Dance more than 3 times, Sharpedo will outrun them, allowing it to use Destiny Bond without problems. But chances are, given Sharpedo's Atk stat, it can two shot quite a lot of things, allowing it to save Destiny Bond for the poor sap that comes out right after.

i'll suggest again:

801.png

Magearna @Assault Vest
Ability: Soul Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Fleur Cannon
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power Fire
-Volt Switch

This is basic tanky Magearna, not only can this wall Tapu Lele, but it also checks and counters Specs Gengar, Special Greninja, M-Diancie, and Clefable very well. The EVs and nature allow it to do this along with the extra boost in SpD thanks to Assault Vest which will rarely get Knocked Off due to Magearna's resistance to Dark and it's huge bulk. Fleur Cannon is Magearna's standard Fairy STAB which can OHKO many Pokemon susceptible to Fairy such as Bisharp, Kyu-B, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Plus it also OHKOs two very common rain team pokes; Kingdra and Hawlucha. Flash Cannon is the secondary STAB move which can put a dent in Tapu Lele and Bulu while also hurting Clefable and Mimikyu and 2HKOs A-Veil A-Ninetales. HP Fire really cripples some common switch-ins like M-Scizor, Ferrothorn, Kartana, etc... while Volt Switch provides safe switch-ins for your team and really hurts Pelipper and deals a respectable amount of damage to Tapu Fini, Manaphy, and Skarmory. Magearna really pairs well with the team by eliminating our big weakness to Fairy and Psychic spam we have now but we're still quite susceptible to Fire moves in particular with only Blacephalon being our check for those types, and Pokemon like Heatran, Marowak-A, and other Blacephalon are Pokes we wouldn't wanna switch that in on.

Nominating
485.svg

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic/Taunt
- Protect/Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Provides the team with Stealth Rock support. Has nice synergy with Zapdos and Bulu; they can take on Ground and Fighting type moves and pressure Water types while Tran can take on Lele and Magearna for the most part (be wary of Focus Blast and Fightnium Z). Grassy Surge provides Tran with some additional recovery alongside Lefties while Chansey and Tran can alleviate some of the pressure from each other while taking on special attackers such as Koko and Blacephelon. Protect is useful for scouting for moves such as the aforementioned Focus Blast, for gaining more recovery, and for getting the drop on High Jump Kick. Taunt can help stallbreak mons such as Chansey and Clefable while Toxic can wear down some of Tran's switch ins such as bulky water types.

Some issues that the team would still have: Fightnium Z Lele and Magearna; MLopunny; MMedicham; Flynium Z Lando.

A healthy three Pokemon!
All have been explained well and well enough! The first is a straight up psychic SPAM deterrent, as well as could work as a late game cleaner. The intro of D-Bond means that it could also work as a surprise KO'er should the opp be forced to OHKO you. Then we have Magearna which acts as extra insurance to the tiers plethora of special attackers alongside Chansey. Volt Switch would help to get in Bulu and Blacephalon a little more safely as well in the face of Magearna switch ins like Toxapex, Chansey, Volcarona, and Venusaur. Lastly we have Heatran which affords us a psychic spam check, a Stealth Rocker, and a strong fire attack deterrent as Blacephalon cannot take a hit. Rocks are especially important to keep that consistent pressure from switches up on the opponents side. Keep in mind type synergy as well!

USUM OU Role Compendium

5th Mon Votan shall end on
January 13'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Oh I guess USUM counts as another gen

Voting for Heatran

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Voting Sharpedo, since this team will need removal against those that have set up one too many times.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think we need like a water type man for that sick water/grass/fire combo so uhhh

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake/Ice Fang

Mega Gyarados not only stops Psychic spam completely from Pokemon due to it's Dark typing but it also grants us another Dark and Water resist which we could defo use. Nature and EVs are very self-explanatory. Dragon Dance is our little booster buddy that grants +1 spe and att after every use. Crunch is standard STAB and hits many Pokemon in OU very hard such as Blacephalon, M-Zam, (M)Latios, Mew, Etc... Waterfall is secondary standard STAB which absolutely smacks any Fire, Ground, and Rock type in the tier like Tyranitar, Lando, and Heatran. Earthquake comes in handy with it's ability Mold Breaker allowing us to hit the pesky Levitater Wash Rotom that tends to switch in on Gyarados, while also hitting Heatran, Tyranitar, Magnezone, M-Mawile, and Magearna really hard. Ice Fang over EQ if you want to get rid of pesky Garchomps w/o the Rough Skin damage or Landos in a pinch. Mold Breaker itself is really handy as it allows us to completely rid ourselves of Mimikyu without even worrying about Disguise boosts + we can smack Volcarona into next year without worrying about Flame Body burning us!

Status
Not open for further replies.