• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Won tour match with Rox 2-0 with hax in my favor

Rank?: 9.5
Oppnents Serebii name?: Rocxidi
Win or Lose?: W
Score?: 3-2
Your current won battle total? 322
How did u feel about it?: GG

Rank?: 9.5
Oppnents Serebii name?: Rocxidi
Win or Lose?: W
Score?: 6-3
Your current won battle total? 324
How did u feel about it?: GG

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Alright! Don't forget to get those tour battles done, you know? I'll bother you INCESSANTLY until you do.

267d96.jpg

Ooh, Jeopardy!
Answer in the form of a question!

Also, sorry for the memegenerator font, the old site is corrupted.​

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Tryin' to do the tour battle. "SOMEONE POISONED THE-" Communication is a bit slow, so... not sure when it'll happen.

For Jeopardy... "Wanna Swanna?" (No idea what that means)

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Tryin' to do the tour battle. "SOMEONE POISONED THE-" Communication is a bit slow, so... not sure when it'll happen.

For Jeopardy... "Wanna Swanna?" (No idea what that means)

Not even close with Swanna! This is a real Jeopardy question. ;-;

Thanks for contactin! I'll be PM'n those who I havent noticed makin much of a move.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Not Swanna? Huh. Figured it was, since it gets Aqua Jet in USM and it's the only speed priority move it gets. In that case... a far-fetched guess of... "What's a Farfetch'd?"

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Oh, not even Farfetch'd that gets FIRST Impression in USM (for some reason)?? Hmm. ... Then I have no idea.

If anak were here he'd get it :(

Is it Sableye. Stall -> Prankster

DX 2401PT

Monitor
But Beartic always had Swift Swim, which is more or less the same.

Hmm... A Pokemon that can attack first now when it hadn't been able to before... "What is Wobbuffet?"

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
But Beartic always had Swift Swim, which is more or less the same.

Hmm... A Pokemon that can attack first now when it hadn't been able to before... "What is Wobbuffet?"

Way to go DX! I don't think you know why exactly, but you got the answer right, at least! ^^
That one was kinda hard, huh?

MetalSonic said:
USUM UU CCAT
SECOND MON NOMINATIN

Alrighty, it's Mane-Mega as our first team member! Fast, strong, and made of coverage, it can hit most things hard as a revenge killer or can simply get out of there with some chip damage via Volt Switch most times. Things that ail Manectric are defensive Grounds that dont quite mind HP Ice like Hippowdon, Swampert and faster Grounds like Scarf Krook lookin to be cheeky and switch into an electric type. Scarf mons can easily be the thing that KO's Manectric so it's good to scout for these things first before leaving Mane in on things like Hydreigon, Infernape, or Latias, if you can. Then you have mons with the merit of typing and stats like the aforementions Latias, Blissey, and bulky Altaria-Mega who easily come in and threaten Mane with damage, and damage is not something Manectric could take too often aside from -1 attacks. Intimidate is a fantastic ability for obvious reasons by helping other mons set up comfortably after potentially being pivoted in and keeping Manectric healthy enough to check some physical attackers, but do keep in mind that Mane is still relatively frail and may still take quite a bit, even from a -1 attack. Aside from being really fast and relatively powerful, it must be re-iterated that Volt Switch allows for it to help bring things in safely, so it'd be good to bring in wallbreakers or set up mons that can help break through Manes checks and counters! Don't forget that Mane itself is pretty speedy and pretty strong! It can easily just clean up at the end of a game to, yknow?

manectric-mega.gif

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat/Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Offensive pivot with Volt Switch and revenge killer for stuff like Scizor and Crawdaunt, being fast enough to outspeed most of UU except for MAero, MDrill, MSceptile, and scarfers. Has pretty good coverage with Overheat/Flamethrower and HP Ice, threatening a bunch of common mons including the three S ranks (Scizor, Azumaril, Gliscor) and providing super effective damage against electric resists such as grass and ground types. Lightning Rod before mega evolution allows it switch into stuff like TWave from Klefki, Volt Switch from opposing Manectric, etc. and get a nifty power up. Intimidate proves some nice utility against physical attacks, especially those whose STABs Manectric resists such as Scizor and Cobalion and helps Manectric have an easier time switching into weaker mons. Overheat is more powerful and nets some handy KOs (OHKOs Cobalion, Klefki, offensive Celebi after rocks, and 2HKOs Amoonguss) while Flamethrower is more accurate and consistent.

USUM UU Viability Rankings

USUM UU Role Compendium

OKIE DOKIE
Go ahead and suggest that second teammate! Whatever it is, a set up sweeper, a defensive mon, or a Pokemon that can benefit from Mane in a different way; it doesn't matter, just explain it well and suggest it!

Second Mon nominatin ends on
March 16'th 11:00 PM UTC -6

YO, dont forget this! Whaz wrong, teambuildin too hard for u?? Well TOO bad, its NECESSARY if you wanna be a MASTER.

new date for 2nd member nominations will be March 16'th 11:00 PM UTC -6

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Huzzah. I think I know why, though. This wasn't a blind guess.

At first, I figured "attack first" = speed priority, since those attacks are described as "attack first". But nope. Then I thought, is this like a dumb question? So a Pokemon that gets an attack with "first" in it, like First Impression or Me First? Nope.

So in a serious attempt, I thought... "A Pokemon that could NOT attack first". But everything CAN attack first, regardless of Spd. Trick Room, opponent using negative priority, etc. So a Pokemon that could NOT attack first would have to be a Pokemon that just does not have an attack at all, thus by definition, can't attack first. Cosmog/Cosmoen can't attack, and still can't attack. No move tutors, special moves, etc. AND is Generation VII Pokemon so there is no "before" to speak of. So then Wobbuffet (and Wynaut), since that does not have an attack. Technically. However, Counter and Mirror Coat can be used as attacking Z moves. So for one turn only, Wobbuffet can now have an attack thus it CAN attack first. And that was correct!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Huzzah. I think I know why, though. This wasn't a blind guess.

At first, I figured "attack first" = speed priority, since those attacks are described as "attack first". But nope. Then I thought, is this like a dumb question? So a Pokemon that gets an attack with "first" in it, like First Impression or Me First? Nope.

So in a serious attempt, I thought... "A Pokemon that could NOT attack first". But everything CAN attack first, regardless of Spd. Trick Room, opponent using negative priority, etc. So a Pokemon that could NOT attack first would have to be a Pokemon that just does not have an attack at all, thus by definition, can't attack first. Cosmog/Cosmoen can't attack, and still can't attack. No move tutors, special moves, etc. AND is Generation VII Pokemon so there is no "before" to speak of. So then Wobbuffet (and Wynaut), since that does not have an attack. Technically. However, Counter and Mirror Coat can be used as attacking Z moves. So for one turn only, Wobbuffet can now have an attack thus it CAN attack first. And that was correct!

YO, DX, TAKE EM TO SCHOOL

I'll have another one up one of these days. ^^ Way to go! You get aaaa point.

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Hey guys just posting since metal asked me to. I still love an play all the time, so just doing as she asked.

windwakemeup

Bee Prince
Sorry I've been quiet! Been playing Pokemon still, just that college has drained a lot of my free time D:

Been working on another living dex with all the pokemon from the games they debuted in this time, so been keeping myself occupied with that the few hours I get to play.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Hey guys just posting since metal asked me to. I still love an play all the time, so just doing as she asked.

Thanks you!

Sorry I've been quiet! Been playing Pokemon still, just that college has drained a lot of my free time D:

Been working on another living dex with all the pokemon from the games they debuted in this time, so been keeping myself occupied with that the few hours I get to play.

You do you, wind! Other stuff can be more important, though, I never quite understood the appeal of a living dex. Though it's probably just fun to look at, like ballmons.

~~~

271o9h.jpg

hehe bwoi...you shall NEVER get it, face it VO, your Jeopardy career is FINISHED

~~~

Meow.png

credits to 00swms​

CHALLENGE TIME

Woo, time for windwakemeups flavored challenge! The one he requested will be a super specific one, but still very much do-able. So here's the rules;

Rules

1. You must use either a Raichu or Mawile on your team! Easy!
2. This must be done on Pokemon Showdown using USUM OU ruleset.
3. You must use a fresh alt (that means no battles on it prior), so please fill out the form, and wait for it to be verified by me before you start!
4. The goal to reach is 1515 ELO, its EZ.
5. Please post 3 replays of you using your team!

Raichu I feel is a very slept on threat. It has a very respectable speed tier in 110 and has access to a versatile movepool. Not only that, but its ability allows it to check KokoLucha, with it still being faster then the standard Lucha set even after terrain has proc'd its seed. Access to Nasty Plot also keeps it quite threatening! Mawile requires no introduction. It's main job is to tear through teams early game and make openings for others mons; it has a coverage move for pretty much every thing; and once it gets in; can easily nab a kill just by clicking the appropriate one. It may even sweep with Sucker later! Hyper Cutter allows it to get the most out of Play Roughing a Lando-T as it comes in on a base form, but Intimidate also has its perks in allowing Mawile to come in even more easily in conjunction with its stellar defensive typing.

PS alt?:
Ur fave brand of chips?:

8 BATTLE POINTS or a FREE MON or a PAT ON THE BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.