• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
So... what's going on here nowadays? I haven't really been on since the forum style shift. We still doing that tournament thing?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
So... what's going on here nowadays? I haven't really been on since the forum style shift. We still doing that tournament thing?

YES
DO UR BATTLE ><
I've poked you all a lot! I'll keep poking!

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, a lot of stuff going on although summer is right around the corner

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
I like to put gliscor up for the next pokemon

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost

Sorry for no pictures this laptop I am on is pretty old

Alright what does gliscor do for us. Well it gives us rocks nice u turner. A good switch in for the ground type like the crok that would counter mega manetric.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM UU CCAT

THIRD MON NOMINATIN

mega_manectric_by_19dprobert-d8a8gs4.png

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat/Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Offensive pivot with Volt Switch and revenge killer for stuff like Scizor and Crawdaunt, being fast enough to outspeed most of UU except for MAero, MDrill, MSceptile, and scarfers. Has pretty good coverage with Overheat/Flamethrower and HP Ice, threatening a bunch of common mons including the three S ranks (Scizor, Azumaril, Gliscor) and providing super effective damage against electric resists such as grass and ground types. Lightning Rod before mega evolution allows it switch into stuff like TWave from Klefki, Volt Switch from opposing Manectric, etc. and get a nifty power up. Intimidate proves some nice utility against physical attacks, especially those whose STABs Manectric resists such as Scizor and Cobalion and helps Manectric have an easier time switching into weaker mons. Overheat is more powerful and nets some handy KOs (OHKOs Cobalion, Klefki, offensive Celebi after rocks, and 2HKOs Amoonguss) while Flamethrower is more accurate and consistent.

shiny_gliscor_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6uycku.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost

Alright what does gliscor do for us. Well it gives us rocks and a nice u turner. A good switch in for the ground type like the krok that would check mega manetric. The speed EV's let us outspeed Nidoking. U-Turn can provide a safe way into Gliscors teammates and forms a decent VoltTurn core.

~~~

USUM UU Viability Rankings

USUM UU Role Compendium

oi its a lil Gliscor suggested by nick
It's time for the third teammate! VoltTurn cores like to get Pokemon in for free. Maybe the third teammate should be a Pokemon that appreciates safe switch ins! A wallbreaker? Who knows, maybe YOU do.

Third Mon nominatin ends on
April 26'th 4:00 PM UTC -6

Geovanicaon

Need Pokemon Switch
wow things are different

edit: just reached 16th in Battle Factory on showdown. YAY ME

edit 2: well now I'm top 10.
RtJdBq4

RtJdBq4

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Trying to get back into the games (again x 10) by tackling the Battle Tree. More specifically, trying to fill out the Trainer Passport thing. Only two pages remain: reach streak 50 in the Multi, and ... er... that Rotom camera thing.

Multi SUCKS, thanks to AI allies being a complete dunce a lot of the times and good old lack of luck. Or rather, SUPREME luck on the opponent's side.

Has anyone reached the 50 streak in the Multi with AI allies?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
This forum system is way better imo

also hi College killed all my free time

Who is this College?? Tell em i said whassup

wow things are different

edit: just reached 16th in Battle Factory on showdown. YAY ME

edit 2: well now I'm top 10.
RtJdBq4

RtJdBq4

SCREENSHOT IT
not that I dont believe you, but you gotta record that proof so you know its possible! Battle Factory is fun, I like it way better than randbats.

Trying to get back into the games (again x 10) by tackling the Battle Tree. More specifically, trying to fill out the Trainer Passport thing. Only two pages remain: reach streak 50 in the Multi, and ... er... that Rotom camera thing.

Multi SUCKS, thanks to AI allies being a complete dunce a lot of the times and good old lack of luck. Or rather, SUPREME luck on the opponent's side.

Has anyone reached the 50 streak in the Multi with AI allies?

Nope, I only got 50+ with Singles. Good luck though! Maybe you could look up ways to manipulate the A.I. or getting the right one for your team?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I have one Multi usage Pokemon who's been surprisingly effective, using Lillie as the partner. Lillie leads with I believe Timid Ribombee, with Light Clay, and generally uses the right screen at first. Though she has opted to use Light Screen against Tyranitar which was baffling. So utilzing Lillie's dual screens, I chose to lead with a Bold Latias (252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def), holding Weakness Policy. Turn 1, Lillie sets up the right screen, Latias uses Calm Mind. Takes a super-effective hit which does very little damage, and Weakness Policy triggers, so on turn 2, Latias has +2 Atk, +3 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def in Reflect and Light Screen, using Stored Power to annihilate most opposition.

Stored Power for overwhelming force, Dragon Pulse against Dark types, Calm Mind for buff, and Recover since Lillie often opts to deal 1% damage to the opponent instead of using the Pollen Pull to heal ME. Stupid piece of-

This Latias has single-handedly carried the battle usually to the mid 20s streak, at which point luck works in the opponent's favor thus screwing me. Quick Claw Glaceon with Blizzard that would freeze me. Four times in four separate runs. Or literally everything running Thunderwave and after that I can't do anything for the rest of the battle. Lillie's Ribombee using the wrong screen and then getting one-shotted because it used the wrong damn screen, making it difficult to withstand STAB super-effective hits.

I just don't really know what to use for my second Pokemon.

I've also tried the only other available option, which doesn't fare well, since that one leads with a Barbaracle attempting Shell Smash, but doesn't really live long enough to do anything. I'm beginning to think that the Multi 50 streak is not really viable without a second human player.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I have one Multi usage Pokemon who's been surprisingly effective, using Lillie as the partner. Lillie leads with I believe Timid Ribombee, with Light Clay, and generally uses the right screen at first. Though she has opted to use Light Screen against Tyranitar which was baffling. So utilzing Lillie's dual screens, I chose to lead with a Bold Latias (252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def), holding Weakness Policy. Turn 1, Lillie sets up the right screen, Latias uses Calm Mind. Takes a super-effective hit which does very little damage, and Weakness Policy triggers, so on turn 2, Latias has +2 Atk, +3 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def in Reflect and Light Screen, using Stored Power to annihilate most opposition.

Stored Power for overwhelming force, Dragon Pulse against Dark types, Calm Mind for buff, and Recover since Lillie often opts to deal 1% damage to the opponent instead of using the Pollen Pull to heal ME. Stupid piece of-

This Latias has single-handedly carried the battle usually to the mid 20s streak, at which point luck works in the opponent's favor thus screwing me. Quick Claw Glaceon with Blizzard that would freeze me. Four times in four separate runs. Or literally everything running Thunderwave and after that I can't do anything for the rest of the battle. Lillie's Ribombee using the wrong screen and then getting one-shotted because it used the wrong damn screen, making it difficult to withstand STAB super-effective hits.

I just don't really know what to use for my second Pokemon.

I've also tried the only other available option, which doesn't fare well, since that one leads with a Barbaracle attempting Shell Smash, but doesn't really live long enough to do anything. I'm beginning to think that the Multi 50 streak is not really viable without a second human player.

I've heard of people who've accomplished this with an AI partner, but man, it must be terrible relying on an AI for 50 straight wins. Its actually a lot more luck based, but I hear Aurora Veil gets results to. Maybe make something offensive happen with that?

here you go

Sem_t_tulo.png

damn I was 10th ;o Fcking weebs there

Ooohh way to go! I always wondered; how do you make consistency happen with random teams? How often were the wins; did you really have to grind at it?

Kartana_sil.png

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

Last edited:

Geovanicaon

Need Pokemon Switch
Ooohh way to go! I always wondered; how do you make consistency happen with random teams? How often were the wins; did you really have to grind at it?

Battle Factory, despite being random, tries to give you all around competitive teams. Only problem I see is when battle factory matches up same type team vs same type team, for example, game gives me a grass team and gives you a fire team. Happens a few times.

All in all, battle factory is fun as hell.

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Low Kick
- X-Scissor

Jirachi @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Rock Slide

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind

Hoopa-Unbound @ Leftovers
Ability: Magician
EVs: 97 HP / 252 SpA / 132 SpD / 27 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind

Celesteela @ Lum Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 127 Def / 92 SpD / 37 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Iron Head
- Seed Bomb
- Zen Headbutt

Who can help me patch this team of mine? I wanted to be innovative! It has issues with Char-Y/Lead Grass Knot Tapu Koko builds. :'( I am so proud of the Lum Acro Celestella for sponging burns and added acro power btw. It's truly an innovation. It makes me laugh my ass off at how sturdy-clever powerful it is and truly makes me laugh maniacally. So consider me your maniac ally and help me build this team. I'm looking at you Metal. Your so good at mons and meta building that it peels the paint off walls. So much so that my Celesteela will wall of you and not approve. Ooo, burn! And walled of! Hahahahahahaha! Get it? Ahahahahahahaha, the walls found it so funny that the paint is coming off and Celesteela now approves so you may proceed. What a clever way to peel the paint off walls, time to make money off the Mexicans, I say to Ludicolo. I nicknamed mine Low Key Cholo by the way cus it's clever like Loki and a Mexican pokemon and chill and clever and laid back as in low key and it's also cus Low Key Cholo is a Shakespearean pentatonnet simmalaic single-letter relation to the name Ludicolo, on the level of letters. I literally spew every time I think of the relative relations! Ahahahahahaha!
-The All Masterful and Almighty Psilo

Oh, Low Key is also a rhyme of Loki and also has the exact same pronunciation. It's truly an equal-said-word which I chose to use because being a prankster is a concept of Ludicolo as well as Loki. If you've ever read lore of Loki, he's actually a prankster God that's friends with the devil. So all praise Loki and Ludicolo.

-The almighty and all powerful rapper and human good at all things words...as evidenced by my creation of the LowKeyCholo pentatonic simmilaic single letter relation nickname...AND! All Relation nickname of Ludicolo, as evidenced by the fact that Ludicolo and Loki are both pranksters...Psilo
---Oh, and the fact that I know what a Pentatonic (also called Pentateuch) Simmalaic Single Letter Relation is also evidence that I'm masterful at language....RIGHT down to the letter.

I even know what a pentatonic simmalaic single letter is in all forms of math and algebra. They are especially useful in algebra! :)

BTW, I just noticed the gangster battler called Rocxidi is in the clan, truly an honor to be here now. But don't worry, I know who all y'all is. I've battled all ya'll before. And on the ladder, even Rocxidi...especially back in PO days. Who I used to even troll on the ladder and scope out for being so good.

My name is....
My name is........
My name is.......
Hugo!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Real Name, Alex) Alexander the Great
Alexander Gabriel Johnson

|0|

Last edited:

ZᴬCᴴ

PO/PS Name?: Zach
Wi-Fi Friend Code?:
Why do you want to join?: i want to get better at competitive battling
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?:
Battling Experience?:
noob
Referrer?:

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Alright. Meta hasn't been active in over 30 days. We've tried tagging her on discord so it's only safe to assume that she's been very, very busy. I think I swore to myself that I wouldn't really come back and post on the forums after the changes but desperate times call for desperate measures. In the meantime, until she comes out of her inactivity period, I'm gonna try to keep this place going as well as I can.

PO/PS Name?: Zach
Wi-Fi Friend Code?:
Why do you want to join?:
i want to get better at competitive battling
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?:
Battling Experience?:
noob
Referrer?:

Welcome. Not sure if you've been invited or joined the discord, but we've got one. As of late the largest topic of discussion though has been (American) politics, otherwise we're about as dead as shedinja. Speaking of pokemon...

YES
DO UR BATTLE ><
I've poked you all a lot! I'll keep poking!

This stuff, annnnndddddd...

USUM UU CCAT

THIRD MON NOMINATIN

mega_manectric_by_19dprobert-d8a8gs4.png

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat/Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Offensive pivot with Volt Switch and revenge killer for stuff like Scizor and Crawdaunt, being fast enough to outspeed most of UU except for MAero, MDrill, MSceptile, and scarfers. Has pretty good coverage with Overheat/Flamethrower and HP Ice, threatening a bunch of common mons including the three S ranks (Scizor, Azumaril, Gliscor) and providing super effective damage against electric resists such as grass and ground types. Lightning Rod before mega evolution allows it switch into stuff like TWave from Klefki, Volt Switch from opposing Manectric, etc. and get a nifty power up. Intimidate proves some nice utility against physical attacks, especially those whose STABs Manectric resists such as Scizor and Cobalion and helps Manectric have an easier time switching into weaker mons. Overheat is more powerful and nets some handy KOs (OHKOs Cobalion, Klefki, offensive Celebi after rocks, and 2HKOs Amoonguss) while Flamethrower is more accurate and consistent.

shiny_gliscor_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6uycku.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost

Alright what does gliscor do for us. Well it gives us rocks and a nice u turner. A good switch in for the ground type like the krok that would check mega manetric. The speed EV's let us outspeed Nidoking. U-Turn can provide a safe way into Gliscors teammates and forms a decent VoltTurn core.

~~~

USUM UU Viability Rankings

USUM UU Role Compendium

oi its a lil Gliscor suggested by nick
It's time for the third teammate! VoltTurn cores like to get Pokemon in for free. Maybe the third teammate should be a Pokemon that appreciates safe switch ins! A wallbreaker? Who knows, maybe YOU do.

Third Mon nominatin ends on
April 26'th 4:00 PM UTC -6

This stuff. Imma extend this. Yall got until, let's say wednesday at like 3 PM UTC -5. Will I keep these CCATs as fancy as her? No promises ;)

Otherwise, I think the most pokemon I've played as of late is pokemon go. I really can't get enough of it, especially with the short list on what shinies they have. I'm trying to get them all, and I already have a good sized collection :) P.S. My trainer code on there is 7875 8501 0478

Status
Not open for further replies.