• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VenoHex Team

jdk19

Eh Yo everyone! I was hoping I could get some help and suggestions with my venohex team. This whole team is based around the idea of poisoning the opponent using toxic spikes and toxic then sweeping the other team using the moves venoshock and hex. So here is the team:

Nidoqueen:
Move 1: Toxic Spikes
Move 2: Roar
Move 3: Earth Power
Move 4: Fire Blast
Nature: Bold
Ability: Poison Point
Item:Black Sludge
Ev's: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpDef

The lead. She sets up the toxic spikes and proceeds to either roar or switch out for later use. Earth power helps with the poison type pokemon who come in trying to get rid of my spikes. Fire Blast deals nicely with Scizor, Fortress, and Ferrothorn who try and come in and set up on this team.

Gengar:
Move 1: Venoshock
Move 2: Focus Blast
Move 3: Hex
Move 4: Destiny Bond
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Item:Life Orb
Ev's: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef

This guy is an absolute monster. Once an opponent is poisoned, he comes in for the revenge kill and starts sweeping with his duel stab moves and focus blast. Once a pokemon the team can't handle comes in Gengar takes them out of the game with destiny bond. No one ever sees it coming with this sweeper set.

Bisharp:
Move 1: Toxic
Move 2: Sucker Punch
Move 3: Brick Break
Move 4: Iron Head
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Defiant
Item: Balloon, Lum Berry
Ev's: 120 Hp / 252 Atk / 136 SpDef

This guy laughs at the psychic type attacks that are directed at half of this team. Besides countering psychics, his main role is to poison flying type pokemon as he resists flying type attacks.

Roserade:
Move 1: Toxic Spikes
Move 2: Leaf Storm
Move 3: Venoshock
Move 4: Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Choice Scarf
Ev's: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp

Roserade has the ability to set up toxic spikes quickly should Nidoqueen get ko'd right off the bat. If I get toxic spikes down with the queen though, Roserade makes a surprisingly quick revenge killer as well as a check to water type pokemon trying to deal with Nidoqueen.

Chandelure:
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Calm Mind
Move 3: Hex
Move 4: Fire Blast
Nature: Bold
Ability: Flash Fire
Item:Leftovers
Ev's: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk

This team has several pokemon weak to fire. In order to counter that weakness, it was essential to incorporate a pokemon with flash fire. Not only will a flash fire boosted Fire blast rip apart most pokemon, after a few calm minds and a sub, Chandelure will be incredibly hard to take down.

Honchkrow:
Move 1: Sucker Punch
Move 2: Brave Bird
Move 3: Pursuit
Move 4: Superpower
Nature: Adament
Ability: Moxie
Item: Choice Band
Ev's: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp

This thing provides another nice psychic resist, as well as a much needed ground immunity. With its 125 base attack and a choice band, his attacks will tear a huge hole in anything that tries to switch in. It also provides another physical attacker, which this team is in dire need of.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
The problem with Toxic Spikes is that not only is it removed from the field every time a poison type switches in, but the pokemon that can set it up are often easily set up on. I would lead with something fast and powerful, and then switch in a Toxic Spiker at the soonest opportunity. Aerodactyl, Weavile, and Sceptile are all good options.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Actually, he stole the idea of your team. Almost all the pokemon are different.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Lucario and Exadrill are going to ruin this team,just saying.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Yeah that's what I meant >.<
but he still fails for it.

If it's just an idea that isn't similar to your team at all, not counting Gengar, he doesn't fail for it since it's really not like yours at all.
Calling him a noob for having a team that synergizes around Toxic Spikes better than yours doesn't make any sense.

To the OP: I recommend Stone Edge over Brick Break on Bisharp since it helps cover Flying types you resist, and maybe Metal Burst over Iron Head?

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
If it's just an idea that isn't similar to your team at all, not counting Gengar, he doesn't fail for it since it's really not like yours at all.
Calling him a noob for having a team that synergizes around Toxic Spikes better than yours doesn't make any sense.

To the OP: I recommend Stone Edge over Brick Break on Bisharp since it helps cover Flying types you resist, and maybe Metal Burst over Iron Head?

Over your horribly unproffesional sentence, I have developed a strong dislike towards you..

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Over your horribly unproffesional sentence, I have developed a strong dislike towards you..

Actually, he's right, so you should stop complaining.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.

I didn't realize we were being professional, but considering how your previous post had nothing to do at all with the topic, I'd say that you're the pot calling the kettle black. Either way, I'd like to know why you dislike me strongly when I'm pretty sure my former post was the only one directed at you that was on a personal level.

Back on topic: I actually retract my statement about Metal Burst. Since your Bisharp is bulky, it necessarily won't be taking damage often to take advantage of the All-Counter thing Metal Burst is. Stick with Iron Head for the consistency.

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
I didn't realize we were being professional, but considering how your previous post had nothing to do at all with the topic, I'd say that you're the pot calling the kettle black. Either way, I'd like to know why you dislike me strongly when I'm pretty sure my former post was the only one directed at you that was on a personal level.

Back on topic: I actually retract my statement about Metal Burst. Since your Bisharp is bulky, it necessarily won't be taking damage often to take advantage of the All-Counter thing Metal Burst is. Stick with Iron Head for the consistency.

Because you support the noob who completley stole me and 3.14kachu's idea and phrases over me. He only has 2 posts and I have over 50. It's like he made an account just to make me mad.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Because you support the noob who completley stole me and 3.14kachu's idea and phrases over me. He only has 2 posts and I have over 50. It's like he made an account just to make me mad.

Toxic Spikes is not your idea. Neither is that Gengar set. Also, 3.14kachu didn't seem to have any problem with it. Literally the only thing your teams have in common is that Gengar set and the move Toxic Spikes. He doesn't even have the same lead as you, plus his team supports Hex, not just Tspikes.
50 posts doesn't make you the creative director at Nintendo either, please stop being so selfish over the "similarities" between your two completely different sets and thinking anyone would bother to make an account to specifically annoy you, lest many people hold grudges towards you for whatever reason.
Plus, strongly disliking me because of basic rationalizing skills is kind of petty. Still, I see the lack of "profession" but I digress.

Joe The Bow

Redstone Utilist
Toxic Spikes is not your idea. Neither is that Gengar set. Also, 3.14kachu didn't seem to have any problem with it. Literally the only thing your teams have in common is that Gengar set and the move Toxic Spikes. He doesn't even have the same lead as you, plus his team supports Hex, not just Tspikes.
50 posts doesn't make you the creative director at Nintendo either, please stop being so selfish over the "similarities" between your two completely different sets and thinking anyone would bother to make an account to specifically annoy you, lest many people hold grudges towards you for whatever reason.
Plus, strongly disliking me because of basic rationalizing skills is kind of petty. Still, I see the lack of "profession" but I digress.

Do you want to know what is smooth?

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Do you want to know what is smooth?

I feel obligated to say yes even though all we're doing is contributing spam to this thread, so I'd suggest finishing this via visitor messages, but I suppose it's up to you now.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Seriously guys, stop spamming.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
I just want it to be known that even though my username was mentioned in that argument, I had nothing to do with it.

On topic: jdk19, you might want to try Air Balloon on Chandelure. The turn when the foe uses Earthquake can be used to boost your stats with Calm Mind.

jdk19

I like the idea of Aerodactyl. What kind of set would you suggest running? I'm also as bit weary of chandelier. Should I switch it for aero? Also I feel like this team is weak to fire without chandle