• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ven's double battle team

venom1950

Ace Trainer
first two pokemon:

Forretress
relaxed, sturdy
max EV in HP and def
-rapid spin
-protect
-spikes
-bug bite

Flygon
gentle,levitate
max ev in speed and attack
-dragon claw
-hone claws
-earthquake
- u-turn

forretress sets spikes and flygon hones claws or u-turns depending on the opponent's pokemon

second two

Gardevoir
sassy,trace
max special attack and 126 in special def and hp
-psychic
-thunderbolt
-dazzling gleam
-hypnosis

Gengar
docile,levitate
max special att and speed
-dream eater
-dark pulse
-substitute
-hex

gardevoir hypnotizes and gengar hexes/eats dreams depending on opponent's pokemon in battle. mega evolve one of them.

don't need advices on nature or abilty just movesets and EV. these pokemon i already trained but if you think EVs are not very well spent i can use reset bag

alternative to forretress is Aggron with stealth rock and to flygon is talonflame with u-turn and fly/fire movest

coolerdynastic

Personally I have comments on your Gardevoir and Gengar combination
I think the sleep + Dream Eater combination is risky due to the accuracy of Hypnosis and it may not be reliable. On top of that you actually wasted a useful turn, the 2nd pokemon whom you did not target will have an opportunity to hit you. Should your Hypnosis missed, you are as good as giving away your free turn since Dream Eater wont work too. (you are talking about double battles so the playstyle varies compared to singles)
I have no comments on Flygon and Forretress but you could consider switching Garchomp over Flygon if you like (Garchomp has counters against Fairies)
For Gengar
Go for Shadow Ball instead of Dark Pulse as it provides the same coverage and it better since is a STAB move
Gardevoir
You can keep Hypnosis if you like but I feel it is not really a reliable move. Keep it if you like as you can put those annoying pokes into their dreams but dont attempt to risk it using Dream Eater from Gengar

On a side note: In most competitive battling regardless of Battle Maison or battling through Wifi, players would choose these few natures for sweepers namely (Adamant, Jolly, Timid, Modest, Brave). I would not choose neutral nature as the decrease in Atk (for special sweepers) or vice versa wouldnt affect a bit unless you are going for mixed

GriffinTheGreat

Salamence Trainer
Personally, I don't think hazards/spinners are necessary for a double battle environment. Talonflame instead of Forretress would give you a more offensive presence, give you another immunity to ground so Flygon can fire off EQ, and it also has Tailwind, which is a great move considering a boost to speed would be great for all of your Pokes. My views on the Hypnosis + Dream Eater Combo are the same as coolerdynastic's.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
so it's a no no :D thank you very much. but what if i switch gardevoir with amoonguss with sleep powder? sleep powder has better accuracy (well not that much better but still)
so hazard entries are not crucial in doubles. i completely forgot on tailwind
thank both of you for advices.

KillerDraco

If I'm being perfectly honest I have to say that nothing on this team is really well suited for Doubles. Except maybe Flygon, but it tends to be outclassed by Garchomp in doubles due to the latter being faster and having much more power, although Flygon does boast Levitate to avoid allied Earthquakes. You have very few spread attacks, no real support moves (most notably Protect or Fake Out), and the Hypnosis/Sleep Powder -> Dream Eater/Hex thing you're trying to suggest is a total gimmick which is ineffective in the long run and easily countered. You don't want attacks whose damage is conditional, because if they Fake Out Gardevoir then Gengar wastes its attack. Essentially nullifying your turn.

You'll want a mix of spread attacks, and single that have high immediate power. Doubles are not known for having a lot of set up time, so usually immediate power helps a lot.

As mentioned, Garchomp outclasses Flygon (for the most part) due to high immediate power. The quintessential doubles Garchomp (which Flygon can also do, albeit in a weaker fashion), tends to be:

Garchomp
Adamant/Jolly
Rough Skin/Sand Veil (if you've got TTar/Hippowdon support)
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
-Protect

Earthquake and Rock Slide are great in doubles due to their ability to hit both foes (though Earthquake you must be wary about due to hitting your partner as well). Dragon Claw is necessary for a single-target attack because otherwise Wide Guard shuts this thing down hardcore. Protect is invaluable in Doubles due to nigh infinite utility. Helps shield from allied spread attacks (Earthquake, Surf, etc.) and if you know a single target attack is probably going to be aimed at you, it can waste the foe's turn. Protect just has so many uses in Doubles, to the point where it can be viable on almost every Pokemon.

...That said I don't really plan on rebuilding a whole team from Scratch. Just know that as it stands there's not a lot of solid Doubles strategy here.

coolerdynastic

so it's a no no :D thank you very much. but what if i switch gardevoir with amoonguss with sleep powder? sleep powder has better accuracy (well not that much better but still)
so hazard entries are not crucial in doubles. i completely forgot on tailwind
thank both of you for advices.

If you want to use sleep powder you are better go for spore for 100% accuracy. Or you can use yawn too while your Gengar can set ur a substitute