• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vent About Cheap Things in Video Games

Phoopes

There it is.
Blue Harvest approved.

Video games are supposed to be fun. But sadly, we all know the feeling of being screwed over by something extremely cheap in the game. Whether the odds fall extremely hard against us, or something in the game's programming makes the game unfair, we've all experienced it. This is a place to vent your frustrations over things that a video game has done to wrong you.

Example of a bad vent: Those thermal snipers online in COD infuriate me! The things are so cheap!

Why? Thermal snipers are a part of the game. Just deal with it bud. You know what they say, if you can't beat them, join them. Get a thermal sniper today! Also, the venter doesn't really go into detail about why thermal sniping is so cheap (even though it isn't).

Example of a good vent: Meta Knight's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the cheapest thing ever! When it's dark, and you can't see, the CPU still knows where you are!

Why? This actually happens. The screen going dark is supposed to be a disadvantage for players, because they can't see their screen. However, the CPU still knows where the player is, because the CPU has magically gained night-vision goggles (hypothetically) when this event happens. This puts it at an unfair advantage over the player, which is why it is cheap.

Anywho, I'd like to get this thread started with something that happened to me today. Anyone who knows football knows that a fumble is a somewhat rare occurence, with maybe one or two per game on average. However, today in NCAA Football 12, something cheap of epic proportions happened. I was playing as Penn State against Notre Dame, and Notre Dame forced 11 Fumbles on me. Yes, you saw that right. 11. The most infuriating one happened when I was returning a punt. I had found a seam, and the punter was the only man to beat. But he stripped the ball. Anyone who knows football knows that kickers and punters are made for kicking. They have little to no upper body strength compared to other players. So why the Hell is Notre Dame's punter stripping my punt returner Chaz Powell?!

Thank you, and that is all. Happy venting! (Dont' you love oxymorons?)

MonkeyX

Blue Shells in Mario Kart.

/thread

But seriously Mario Kart can be so annoying sometimes, the blue shells, the lightning bolt, that dang thundercloud that only shows up when no one is near you, it's so aggravating but yet the games are still so much fun.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Airstrikes in cod.

/thread

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
this one star coin in new super mario bros I had to use a cheat to get it

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I agree with the Blue Shells on Mario Kart. When I played that game on the wii a few years back, it would always get me right before the finish line on the final lap. ¬¬

Another thing I hate, although I'm not really sure if it's a 'cheap' tactic, is all the Ryu/Ken users on SF4 3DS. The game often lags when playing online, and so they can often get easy wins by just firing projectiles. That only annoyed me when I started out though.

Shadow XD001

AI that doesn't help whatsoever. That does get annoying, but it just means to get better, I guess. Oh, and people who hack/mod games is annoying and makes the game not fun at all.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Any game where an alleged free for all turns into a kill the humans fest and as soon as your dead, all the bots stop fighting like maniacs and instead go for short walks and maybe have nice conversations with each other.

Also the battle subway. Having the luck biased in the opponents favour is common in video games, but this takes the cake. No-one is as lucky as the AI on there, and to make things worse, they're still complete idiots. The game ups their hax before it ups their competence when it wants to make it more difficult.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Goldeen in Brawl, whenever I grab a poke ball it's always what comes out but when a CPU grabs one it's something powerful.