• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Version Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I'm sure it's a coincidence, but did anyone else notice this?

Gold - Metal
Silver - Metal
Crystal - Precious Stone

Diamond - Precious Stone
Pearl - Precious Stone
Platinum - Metal

Not only this, but they take place at the same time as well. Do you think gamefreak did this on purpose?

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
That is strange isn't it? Maybe they accidently mixed the titles when they were translated? For the 2rd and 1st gen it has a pattern.

1st
Red - Color
Blue - Color
Yellow - Color

3rd
Ruby - Gem
Saphire - Gem
Emerald - Gem

Aresol

Caring Wanderer
This is rather old news.
There was no mix up of naming.
Nintendo probably did it as yet another hint at the GS remakes.
Or it could just be that they're just names and there really isn't anything behind them.
Whatever you want to think.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Yeah, probably. You know how Nintendo LOVES to do things like that like do unexpected patterns that everyone find out after the first hour of its release -_-

Orangefeather

I doubt they would be planning a GSC remake by the time crystal was made. And if it was gold silver platinum, that wouldn't make much sense as platinum is almost the same color as silver.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Well, it has been confirmed that HeartGold and SoulSilver have been in development since Diamond and Pearl's release, so it wouldn't surprise me if Diamond and Pearl's naming conventions were a reference to the original second generation games.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Swing and a miss.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Wow! I never realized this! You have opened up a whole new idea to me! [/major sarcasm]

Seriously, I think this was clear a while ago. And as for GSC and DPPt taking place at the same time, I say coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.