• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Very First Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonality

~mUsIc RoCkStAr!1!1~
When you first popped Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum into your Nintendo DS / DSi / etc., what was the first team you made?

The first time I played Diamond, I got alot of Pokemon I thought were cool.

I started with Turtwig, then caught a Starly, then Budew, then Murkrow and finally Kricketot.

I don't know what possessed me to catch Kricketot, but it got PokeBox-Bound quickly.

Replaced it for Shellos.

Endteam was:

Torterra
Staraptor
Roserade
Honchcrow
Gastrodon

Yes. That is in order in how much I used each Pokemon >.<

Hardly ever used Honchcrow and Gastrodon.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
Ah my first team in diamond was great.
I started with chimchar cause he was the coolest and quickly caught a starly(very useful). Then i decided to catch a budew and onix they were with me until, about the fourth or fifth gym were they just became a bother to train. Roserade i didn't use to often, onix i would take out of the box so i could use rock climb. I soon got a shellos that I didn't really want it, but my brother got buizel and i didn't want to copy his crew so i caught the shellos(Blue). I soon got a riolu(very useful) and snover(didn't want it, but needed a grass/ice pokemon). I then caught dialga(used only in the e4).

When I finished the game my roster was:
Infernape
Staraptor
Lucario
Dialga
Abomasnow
Gastrodon

I put it in the order of my favorite.

zenzai

Sweet and Delicious
When I first started with Diamond, I picked Piplup (mostly because it was cute and I didn't know what his final evo was), caught shinx, starly, and bidoof. Decided bidoof looked ridiculous and relegated him to HM slave pretty early. I think I went with a shellos and bronzor, and left the final spot for another HM slave after that.

Yeah, not awesome type coverage, but it got me through the game ok.

<.< On plat, I switched to Chimchar, budew, shinx, ralts, and gabite, with a Manaphy off and on.

Starters and unexpected evos (read: Staraptor) aside, I never use fighting Pokes. My least favorite type, for some reason.

Last edited:

andyhaj

I only remember my full team from Diamond...
Empoleon
Honchkrow
Golem
Luxray
Abomasnow
I didn't really have another one, so I used Dialga...

In Platinum I had
Torterra
Crobat
Magnezone
Shiny Tentacruel
Houndoom
Alakazam

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
In platinum my stratagy was a little different, I wanted to train the eeveelutions so I transfered it my baby eevees from diamond into platinum. I only transfered in four, because I had 3 of them already. I also started with turtwig and a prinplup that I got off of gts. I didn't change my crew at all this time even though I wanted to.
I finished platinum with only six pokemon, I didn't catch anything else except giratina(didn't use even once).
Flareon
Jolteon
Glaceon
Leafeon
Empoleon
Torterra

I was so impressed with platinum that I wanted to play it again with diffferent pokemon(that I would have probably never trained).
My crew this time consisted of:
Honchcrow
Tangagrowth
Yanmega
Magmortar
Vespiquen
Omastar(transfered in)

HookShot

Shiny get!
Ahh yeah... Let's see. Diamond, I started with Chimchar, caught a Starly and a Bidoof (which was Boxed) and things just went from there. The Riolu egg was the next big thing in my team. Then I started using the GTS and picked up a Skorupi, a Gible, and a Torterra and raised them.

Final Diamond Team:

Infernape
Staraptor
Lucario
Drapion
Garchomp
Torterra

Then Platinum I started with Turtwig and caught a Starly and a Bidoof again (both were Boxed). Then I caught a Zubat, which I kept. A while later I caught a Rhyhorn and raised it. Then I decided I wanted to use the Platinum forms and used Skymin and Giratina. The team was rounded out by a Weavile that I boxed, along with Shaymin, after the League.

Final Platinum Team:

Torterra
Crobat
Rhyperior
Giratina
Shaymin (now boxed)
Weavile (now boxed)

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
I always chose the Water starter, so Piplup for me. That Starly looked pretty cool, so I caught it. Oh, and a Shinx. Let's catch that too. Hmm? A Machop? A Geodude? Sure! Nah, I don't need that Machop. Ooh! Look at that! A Prinplup! Ooh! Now a Staravia? Eh? A Shinx? What are you talking about? Oh look a grass gym. Oh look I OHKOed everyone with Staravia. Ooh! a Meditite! I always wanted to raise one. Whoa! Staravia evolved and whomped that fighting gym! Ooh. This Water gym is tough. Ah well, might as well raise this Geodude. Ooh! A Graveler! Now it's a Golem! Oh! A Roselia! Let's catch it! ...Nah. I'll just raise this Shinx I randomly have in my party. Ooh! A Luxray! Now, let's sweep... Yeah! Luxray, report to the Ghost gym! Hoo yeah! Go, new Empoleon, Golem, and Medicham! Kill this Steel Gym! Medicham! Fire Punch! Psychic! HIGH JUMP KICK! To Snowpoint City we go! Ooh, that Snover looks tough! Let's raise it! Now, let's give it TMs Ice Beam and Avalanche for no reason! Ooh! Dialga! *master ball* Golem! Wipe the floor with this Electric gym! Yeah...to the Pokemon League we go...oh wait this is tough. Um, Dialga...*throws into GTS* *gets a Lv. 100 Bronzong* Yeah! *wins*

im working on my first team right now, actually. i just realized i had the game forever and never got up the nerve to beat it, so i started over. Right now im raising a prinplup and staravia. about to add a ponyta. eventually raising either ryhorn or hippopotas, and undecided on the rest

sitekickdude1432

Mega Absol <3
my first team on platinum was:
infernape ;392;
torterra ;389;
empoleon ;395;
rhyperior ;464;
lucario ;448;
togekiss ;468;

ahh memories :)

My first Diamond game was epic, though now that I look back, I can see that most of my Pokemon were OU and I didn't even know it :p

- Torterra
- Lucario
- Luxray
- Dialga
- Skuntank
- Machop/ Gastrodon (HM Slaves)

My first runthrough I had

Empoleon
Luxray
Lucario
Staraptor
Palkia
Gengar

Truthfully though by the time I was done I didnt care much for Palkia or Empoleon

China

I started with Turtwig, and caught pretty much everything I saw.
Eventually I narrowed down to:
Turtwig
Shinx
Starly
Psyduck
Ponyta

My Final Team is:
Torterra
Luxray
Staraptor
Golduck
Rapidash
Palkia

Araleon

Chill
My first D/P/Pt game was Pearl, even though I liked the looks of Dialga better (but my brother claimed Diamond before, so I dealt with it).

Let's see... I finally got it around the time Ash got his Chimchar in the anime, and seing the episode he was released in was the catalyst in my choosing Chimchar for my starter.

So, I got Chimchar (Pyro), and quickly caught a Budew (Aphrodite). Pyro evolved directly after the Gym battle (a trend the occurred for most of the odd numbered Gyms).

Then I caught a Misdreavus (Siren) and soon after a Chingling (Hermes).

Soon after Aphrodite evolved into Roselia, and after that I caught an Eastern Shellos (Apollo).

Soon after that, Hermes evolved into Chimecho, and Apollo evolved into Gastrodon.

Then Pyro evoled into Infernape, and I caught a Sneasel (Minerva).

Then I evolved Aphrodite, Siren, and Minerva into Roserade, Mismagius, and Weavile respectively.

So, my team was:

Infernape
Roserade
Mismagius
Chimecho
Gastrodon
Weavile

I remember wishing I had been able to get a Honchkrow or an Eeveelution in this game.

Ahmed48

Tactician
My first team was nothing special.
Infernape
Luxray
Staraptor
Floatzel
Mismagius
Drifblim but removed it for Palkia

Abus0ru

アブソル
Kinda hard to remember but I think it was something like this.

-Infernape
-Staraptor
-Shinx
-Floatzel
-Lopunny
-Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.