• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Very Insightful Spoon 2DI Interview with Director Owada and Writer Deko Akao

I’ll give my thoughts on this later.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Koharu:
Search for the future with Eevee
Future plots involving these two
Koharu and Eevee will meet more trainers and Pokémon with different goals
Koharu and Eevee will take the different routes of evolution more seriously

Goh:
Becoming more optimistic like Ash
Overcoming more struggles and development
Becoming independent of Ash as well as his equal and a more mature version of Goh

Ash:
Ash will become more unbeatable as the story goes on
Ash will begin taking more challenges
The essence of Ash is aim for greater heights and challenge more of the unknown
Alright so what do these imply for each character?

I can understand why they want Ash to become unbeatable. The anime's nearing it's 25th anniversary and it's a sign that Ash is growing as a trainer. Plus, it's a step closer to my theory for the Gen. 9 anime: that they're gonna do a time-skip and have it be about Ash's child.
But who’s the mom?

We all know who...

Ash:
Ash will become more unbeatable as the story goes on
Ash will begin taking more challenges
The essence of Ash is aim for greater heights and challenge more of the unknown
I'm mixed on this. On one hand its nice to see Ash progress but on the other why could they make him unbeatable in SM-JN and not XY?
He was “unbeatable” as SM progressed as well. One of his only major losses was against Dia’s Mythical Zeroara who spent its time having life-risking battles against Akajiking - an Ultra Beast of all things. And his Mukuroh to Hau and then taking down both its own evolved forms. Lugarugan losing and then coming back to beat its evolved form for later. I really feel like this is fluff. For the most part Satoshi just doesn’t lose without a narrative reason these days.
Pikachu only losses in SM were to LEGENDARIES. Ash rarely lost in SM. Why couldn't they just make him unbeatable in XYZ after the Snowbelle arc and have him win against Alain?
Some more tidbits were translated by an Anon on 4chan (Thank You Very Much, We can always count on 4chan!)

Episode 48... no god please no... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excited for the rest of the stuff.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I'm mixed on this. On one hand its nice to see Ash progress but on the other why could they make him unbeatable in SM-JN and not XY?
What? Ash literally had a 70-Episode Win Streak in XY from Episode 36 to Episode 106 which is his biggest win streak to date. His Win Streak in SM-JN only lasted 54 Episodes in Comparison (SM105-JN013).

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Most of this information has been happening since the series started anyways.
What does Jun Owada even do for the show with Tomiyasu still having a huge influence, and why is Deko Akao doing this interview?

What? Ash literally had a 70-Episode Win Streak in XY from Episode 36 to Episode 106 which is his biggest win streak to date. His Win Streak in SM-JN only lasted 54 Episodes in Comparison (SM105-JN013).
He didnt win the league in XY thats what counts