• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Very Insightful Spoon 2DI Interview with Director Owada and Writer Deko Akao

If its really endgame we need Yajima back

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Executive Director Tomiyasu ordered the Staff to make the Series feel more like Pokemon in Humans World rather than in the flip way around.
Then why was Castelia City devoid of either.

The Entire Thing with Chewtle is nothing but a gag in the Staff Department. Tomiyasu just told Akao to write whatever she wants with one of her Favorite Pokemon in Episode 41.

That's sadder than actually funny, because the turtle has been seen less than 3 times in 70 episodes.

Koharu:
Search for the future with Eevee

No, really? Who could have guessed?

Koharu and Eevee will take the different routes of evolution more seriously

Eevee can only evolve once, so this sounds weird.

Goh:
Becoming more optimistic like Ash

He...isn't AS optimistic as Ash now? What have we been seeing this whole time?

Overcoming more struggles and development

I'm pretty sure they forgot to put quotations marks on "struggles" and maybe "development."

Becoming independent of Ash as well as his equal and a more mature version of Goh

Proof that they don't even see their own stuff they create.

Ash:
Ash will become more unbeatable as the story goes on

Not showing any of his PWC battles as his rank is raised offscreen is NOT a good way to say he's unbeateable!

While it's an extremely cheap way to do so, the results feel very unrewarded. You may as well tell me he speaks 5 foreign languages.

Ash will begin taking more challenges

And they won't show them. Well, 95% of them.

The essence of Ash is aim for greater heights and challenge more of the unknown

Which is why the "unknown" is not showing the audience who he has beaten.

Sorry, but the horrendous track record of all these three sure do not paint a good light here.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Its funny when they mention Koharu ite always “Koharu and Eevee”
Its like she doesnt stand on her own without it

Large part of her character revolves around eevee and its possible evolution in future.

Decidueye23

Its very hard right now to see things brightly in terms of journeys. The battles are very less frequent and uninspiring. Like c'mon Ash fouggt friggin Ramos in a 3v3 but not CHAMPION of UNOVA IRIS. I swear to god if Hyper class is just 2v2, then i would definetly lose all hope for this series. Infernape comes back and is hyped in the promotional material so much, but basically does zilch in the episode. Then You have the project mew episode. Which gives you the Biggest BS reason for Ash tagging along with Goh. I dont know how much more of an equal they want to make Goh to Ash. Like arent they already equal?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Eevee's multi-pronged evolution method is meant to be a mirror of Chloe's own struggle in finding out who she wants to be, and fear of making a choice she can't back out of if she comes to regret it.

It's deliberate that Chloe and Eevee are connected like this.

Of course, Ash is unbeatable but I'm very indifferent about it and I Wish PM2019 just end already by using the Timeskip thing.

I can understand why they want Ash to become unbeatable. The anime's nearing it's 25th anniversary and it's a sign that Ash is growing as a trainer. Plus, it's a step closer to my theory for the Gen. 9 anime: that they're gonna do a time-skip and have it be about Ash's child.
I wonder what's Ash's Child name? Gen 9 is no different from Alola, I'm betting it be Gensokyo Region Australia Region, Goh and Chloe could be grown ups like Ash.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Eevee's multi-pronged evolution method is meant to be a mirror of Chloe's own struggle in finding out who she wants to be, and fear of making a choice she can't back out of if she comes to regret it.

It's deliberate that Chloe and Eevee are connected like this.
It makes sense, but boring to watch
How did we go from contests to this

Red and Blue

But, uh, wouldn't that mean to Chloe that it's okay to be the way she is as an undecided girl still looking for her dreams...if she has any.
Maybe. And I don't think her still being undecided about her future at the end is a bad thing

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Koharu’s Eevee would be immensely more interesting to me if they just gave her the LGPE Partner Eevee moves to mirror her relationship and demonstrate her possibilities with her evolutions. Copycat is cool but more or less there’s nothing separating her Eevee from any regular Eevee. But then Eevee’s lore is about it being a bland “Normal”-type Pokémon who can become something much more exciting.

I will say Koharu’s fashion sense, hair and general cherry blossom aesthetic is probably my favorite design among the girl characters. I just want her to actually take action more; preview seemed to be about her and Hikari doing their girl stuff with the boys taking action.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, none of the news in this interview excited me. Sounded more like logical conclusions considering all that's been shown so far. The new info tidbits weren't even exciting IMHO

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
The Recent Edition of the Spoon 2DI Magazine contained a long interview with Series Director Jun Owada and Writer Deko Akao.

Here are some tidbits of what they both said.

Worldbuilding:

Executive Director Tomiyasu ordered the Staff to make the Series feel more like Pokemon in Humans World rather than in the flip way around.
The Entire Thing with Chewtle is nothing but a gag in the Staff Department. Tomiyasu just told Akao to write whatever she wants with one of her Favorite Pokemon in Episode 41.
Owada was told to direct PM when he was in the Middle of Koko Production. Meaning his takeover from Episode 55 was not planned from the beginning.

Progression of Characters according to Owada

Koharu:
Search for the future with Eevee
Future plots involving these two
Koharu and Eevee will meet more trainers and Pokémon with different goals
Koharu and Eevee will take the different routes of evolution more seriously

Goh:
Becoming more optimistic like Ash
Overcoming more struggles and development
Becoming independent of Ash as well as his equal and a more mature version of Goh

Ash:
Ash will become more unbeatable as the story goes on
Ash will begin taking more challenges
The essence of Ash is aim for greater heights and challenge more of the unknown

EDIT: Do note that I am not a Japanese Speaker so I rechecked all of these which were translated by somebody with another Translator on Twitter who gave me the Green Light before posting.
What does this mean? The writers wouldn't dare break up the greatest bromance in anipoke history, would they?

And 'challenging the unknown' sounds ominous. I think this means that come Gen 9 they are going to send Ash into offscreen-land for all eternity.