• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Very Insightful Spoon 2DI Interview with Director Owada and Writer Deko Akao

BlueDragonfangirl

I'd be excited if they actually show Ash's achievements on screen, if not I'll pass. I have a feeling I know how Go will be written out with how this interview is going. I don't know why people are talking about the next generation thing here I really don't see them doing that yet. And it would be ironic if Ash ended up with the person had the least amount of interactions with.

FYI No team rocket talk :(

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh, right. There were other notes.

SyAjENrl.png

- What hurdles? These two have been cruising through life almost all the time.
- There is always a story every filler episode. This is very, very vague.
- So another forced friendship situation where Ash and Goh act very oblivious and the city they're at has no people in it whatsoever in order for the episode to work?
- Every Legendary Pokemon episode is just another fancy Goh episode.
- So every rival is suddenly Bea-hard? Does this mean Gengar will stop being a Torkoal?
- Chloe becoming the focus? I guess there's a reason why the PWC seems to be ending if Ash has risen to the top ranks way too early.
- Akao is feeling extremely optimistic without much good proof to back it up. Ash keeps having battles in offscreen land, Goh catches Pokemon as easy as it is breathing air (case in point, Grookey...but Goh was asleep), and Chloe has become the Eevee poster girl.

Master Pikachu 11

Then why was Castelia City devoid of either.

That's sadder than actually funny, because the turtle has been seen less than 3 times in 70 episodes.

No, really? Who could have guessed?

Eevee can only evolve once, so this sounds weird.

He...isn't AS optimistic as Ash now? What have we been seeing this whole time?

I'm pretty sure they forgot to put quotations marks on "struggles" and maybe "development."

Proof that they don't even see their own stuff they create.

Not showing any of his PWC battles as his rank is raised offscreen is NOT a good way to say he's unbeateable!

While it's an extremely cheap way to do so, the results feel very unrewarded. You may as well tell me he speaks 5 foreign languages.

And they won't show them. Well, 95% of them.

Which is why the "unknown" is not showing the audience who he has beaten.

Sorry, but the horrendous track record of all these three sure do not paint a good light here.
Preach! Exactly how is Goh already not as optimistic as Ash and his equal, I mean he was literally the more optimistic one when he battled and caught Flygon and that battle was what got Ash over his doubts after losing to Bea the first time.

Yes I want to see him battle more and to use more then two Pokémon in a battle like 3 v 3 as they used to do in series past. I hope that they don’t continue to raise his rank offscreen, but base on this interview, they will probably do just that

RetroPokeFan

She loves to get into mischief, and given that Dynamax energy is literally inches below the surface of Galar, odds are she'll Gigantamax the instant she sets paw by a power spot and then terrorize a town as she happily flounces around
And then once she's able to calm it down, it will never be brought up again because this series has a massive Dynamax phobia.

Quick reminder that Pikachu's G Max form hasn't been seen or mentioned since Episode 13. They had a golden opportunity to have a little story arc for that and they've chucked it in the trash instead (unless you're a Charizard owned by Mr Champion Time himself Leon). *And I don't even like Pikachu's G-Max form*

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
He’s there to do what Tomiyasu wants. Nothing more or less than that. I wish Yajima was still directing the series.
I think it's going too far. What I think Tomiyasu should be doing is trying to be more assertive like Yuyama seemed to be.

It was because Yuyama seemed to let the directors give the show the "face" they want as long as they follow a certain set of standards. It was that leeway that allowed talent like Yajima and even Tomiyasu to do what they did with XY and SM.

It's less about replacing people with previous, already known staff and more like creating an enviroment where a new Yajima or a new Tomiyasu could him/herself.

I think it's going too far. What I think Tomiyasu should be doing is trying to be more assertive like Yuyama seemed to be.

It was because Yuyama seemed to let the directors give the show the "face" they want as long as they follow a certain set of standards. It was that leeway that allowed talent like Yajima and even Tomiyasu to do what they did with XY and SM.

It's less about replacing people with previous, already known staff and more like creating an enviroment where a new Yajima or a new Tomiyasu could him/herself.
You are right that Yuyama was more hands off with the series since he is more invested in movies. But what Tomiyasu is doing isn’t that even Pokémon at this point. It’s a different series with Pokémon in its title. I wish I could like your post more than once.