• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'Veteran' player returns to the competitive scene!

Archina

Hello there to whoever may be reading! Pretty much as the title says, I'm somewhat of a veteran to competitive battling, picking it up around the time of platinum's release and going on until the release of black and white. While I have played black, white and black 2 I have hardly been bothering with the competitive side as I didn't even breed up a full team to use. Around January this year I decided to get back into competitive battling albeit not as deep as I did in the 4th gen.

For about the month I've gotten back into battling I've been familiarizing myself with the 'new' common picks (including the ones I missed from black/white) and the 'broken' ones I stray from using for the sake of not grabbing cheap wins (Such as Blazekin and ME Gengar.) From what I've gathered I've figured that fairy-types are already a pretty dominant typing in the current meta as they can check pokémon that were running rampant at the time (E.G Most dragon types) while their weaknesses are the rather uncommon poison and the somewhat nerfed steel-types. With the 'good' fairies having a nice mix between bulk and either offence or utility I can definitely see why this is the case.

A minor complaint I've got on the X/Y devs is the huge removal of moves on all pokémon, greatly reducing the potential and unpredictability of a lot of pokémon, even going as far as removing moves that could have been a core part of said pokémon's movesets (While they are still obtainable, said pokémon won't be able to make use of gen 6 egg moves and by the looks of things aren't allowed in almost all of the ongoing tournaments.)

Anyway, that's enough of my rambling. What about you?

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Hello there! Welcome to the forums! If you need help navigating it then you can post here or Private Message me by clicking on my username. I also pretty good at competitive battling myself (though you may want to talk to someone better, as I'm only something like average at it.) Anyway, there's a huge competitive community here and I'm sure you'll get along with everyone well. :)
Welcome again!