• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC 10 Discussion Thread

BadIntent

MSankey
Solrock
owns
u

Top 8 isn't what gets me. It's that he fought Kyogre/Top in the top 16 match. How in the freaking world can you lose to Solrock with that team?????

timana

hey guys,

just returned from the UK regional tournement and although we were aware that there were 256 places i was stunned at how many people turned up. there was easily 500 trying to enter if not more (we were moved from the door at 12 with registration at 1 so more may have tuned up).

feeling really gutted about this, sa was so many others as we only have the one real chance to compete in a reginal. i think nintendo or whoever runs this tournement should pay a bit more respect to people and have more chances to enter. i saw the same set up in japan (although i'm sure they had more spaces) with only one tounrment.

sorry if i sounds arse, i suppose i just to rant away at not being able to compete this year.

Tim

BadIntent

MSankey
GOGOGOGOGOGO mattj and sixonesix for Atlanta VGC!!

Windfang

Pokemon Solider
Hey BadIntent just got through reading all of this thread, saw the videos off my iphone. Thanks for posting the stuff. Its helps the past the time.

Windfang

Pokemon Solider
Hey BadIntent just got through reading all of this thread, saw the videos off my iphone. Thanks for posting the stuff. Its helps the past the time.

600 mile road trip in the morning
wooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooo!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!1!

DBK

Renegade Trainer
600 mile road trip in the morning
wooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooo!!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!1!​

lol you guys are nuts :)

DBK

Renegade Trainer
That's about as far as the Newark regionals are from where I live. =/ Fun fun fun. lol

Really? Is there no one, besides me, who is going to Newark that's from Jersey? Man, I feel lonely now...

Really? Is there no one, besides me, who is going to Newark that's from Jersey? Man, I feel lonely now...

lol I guess not. =P I'm driving all the way from Ohio with my brother and three friends to get there, so at least it'll be a fun trip. =)

Hey guys, I might attend the Atlanta VGC tomorrow so what should I expect? I'm considering using my water base team, but sometimes I feel like my Lanturn is best partnered with Ampharos rather Garchomp. Though, I do have Feraligtr that I bred and trained for (ice punch and dragon dance) and went to the Trainer Hall to test it and my expectations sore when Meganium went defeat. I worry about my Shiftry and Sceptile though. It's their defense and special defense. Are they suppose to have poor defense? I've raised these pokes with a pokerus and special power boost items to level 50. Though, Sceptile has 192 speed in level 50, that's quite awesome. And since I Have a problem with earthquake, I might ditch it for something else like Crunch or Ice Beam.

BadIntent

MSankey

No prob, dood.

Hey guys, I might attend the Atlanta VGC tomorrow so what should I expect? I'm considering using my water base team, but sometimes I feel like my Lanturn is best partnered with Ampharos rather Garchomp. Though, I do have Feraligtr that I bred and trained for (ice punch and dragon dance) and went to the Trainer Hall to test it and my expectations sore when Meganium went defeat. I worry about my Shiftry and Sceptile though. It's their defense and special defense. Are they suppose to have poor defense? I've raised these pokes with a pokerus and special power boost items to level 50. Though, Sceptile has 192 speed in level 50, that's quite awesome. And since I Have a problem with earthquake, I might ditch it for something else like Crunch or Ice Beam.

I'll try to help as best I can:

You should expect every single player you fight to be using weather to their advantage. There will be heavy use of these Pokemon, which are restricted to two per team: Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina. Also watch out for Hitmontop, as they will be very common.

Yes, Shiftry and Sceptile's Defense and Special Defense base stats are low, so don't worry about yours being low.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
^ Agreed.

Good luck to those at Atlanta!

One more week till I take Newark by storm!

Porygon X

Porygon Porgramer
I was SO close to making top cut today at my VGC. I did a nice job for my first, and went very far, so I'm happy.

*sigh* I didn't attend the VGC due to several issues happening around the house. I was looking forward to it, but it all had to come down to misfortune. I hope those of you who were there had fun. Tell me what it was like!

DBK

Renegade Trainer
*sigh* I didn't attend the VGC due to several issues happening around the house. I was looking forward to it, but it all had to come down to misfortune. I hope those of you who were there had fun. Tell me what it was like!

You could always go to Newark or the Last Chance Qualifier.

Either way, my condolences.

I was SO close to making top cut today at my VGC. I did a nice job for my first, and went very far, so I'm happy.

Congradulations on making it as far as you did for your first regional championship. =) There's still a few more chances to try and qualify for nationals if you want to try again.