• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC 10 Discussion Thread

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Your welcome.

As for the pokemon you get, it works like this (if it is the same as last year):

1) You have to wait until toward the end of whatever division tourney you happen to be in or watching. Then the booth were you get it will open. then you have to wait in line for like half an hour.

2) When it is your turn, they take your game and put it into their DS (there are around 4 people at the booth). Then you get your game back with the pokemon.
- I think they have a special cartridge they put into the GBA slot of their DS that has the pokemon.

And that's it. Oh, and the pokemon this year is a shiny Eevee. Hoped that helped.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I realy want that eevee!

So jusy to clafiry do you actualy have to enter to get it or just hang around and watch the tournement?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
lol so do I :)

If it is like last year, then you do. Here is the official page of last years tourney:

http://origin.pokemonvgc.com/en/

It has all the rules and the info on last years tourney (and the pokemon you get (it was a shiny milotic). It should prove helpful.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
Oh I so hope it's not just in California or New York, but it probably will....Bleh. I really hope that they place it maybe in Texas this time, considering getting to that Science Center last year in California was...scary...
Maybe not JUST Texas area, because they will most likely have it in Dallas or Austin, and I really don't like driving through any of those big cities. What they need to do was do what they did for the 10th aniv. Having tournaments all over the place! That was good, because I wasn't far from one of them (still a 2 hour drive though).

Oh good, lvl 1-100? Now I can lvl up my old team without fear. I think I will do better this year. Legends are not a big deal, I actually count on people bringing them. I love Doubles so much, you get to see some of the coolest teams in Doubles. Not to mention wonky ideas and stratigies! I've seen some of the weirdest stuff that works. And luckely there is no silly rules outlawing moves like mud-slap and sand attack... >=] Oooh I can be so annoying.

Thank you for posting this up, Yeti. It has made my whole day...No, MONTH. Seriously man, this is awesome news for me.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
^ From what pokemon.com says, it seems like it will be like last year. It should be in several different areas, not just one or two places. I also have this nagging feeling that they might do states this year before regionals, and make regionals and up invite only (similar to TCGC). I can't wait for the update this weekend!

^ From what pokemon.com says, it seems like it will be like last year. It should be in several different areas, not just one or two places. I also have this nagging feeling that they might do states this year before regionals, and make regionals and up invite only (similar to TCGC). I can't wait for the update this weekend!

I would LOVE if they did statewide battles.

No way would I ever become world champ, but I bet I could beat all the other people in Maine. Because no one else lives here..

DBK

Renegade Trainer
^LOL! Nice one :) I think I could pass states and get into regionals as well. The trick then would be to make the cutoff for nationals and then the same for the Worlds. But I doubt I'll get that far. :D

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
I can recall from the battle videos last year that although it seems like the entire tourney was Rain Dance, Trick Room, and Goodstuffs, the people that actually won had creative teams, employing the likes of Moltres and even Shedinja. I wonder even with the most likely accurate prediction of a complete weather fest what the winning strategies will be, whether it will be what is expected or what is prepared for the expected.

Yeti

Banned
To get the event download you have to have entered the tourney.
Once they pull the draw for the participants, if you weren't drawn you can get your Pokemon then leave or stay immediately after while the battles begin.

Also zerowing destructioned BadIntent. I have heard BI doesn't think girls are good at Pokemon... he has been sorely proven wrong by yours truly.

Trounced.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
@Yeti: Are you sure about that? I could of sworn that it took forever last year for them to open up the booth where they distributed the pokemon. I know at least one or two groups played through before it did. I could be wrong though, since I was a little busy watching the battles and lost track of time. If anyone else attended last year, can they shed some light?

I don't know if you can consider it a download, maybe more of a transfer? But whatever, minor details. :)

Yeti

Banned
Yes I am quite sure... I had my Milotic before the first round started.

It was a download, you get it from the delivery man in the Pokemart, like every other event Pokemon. This one was just not dispensed on wifi connection but from a cart that fit in the GBA slot.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
After doing some more thinking, I have come to the realization that you're right :) lol my apologies, my memory outside of the battles is a little fuzzy. Must have been all the excitement. I remember now that I decided to stay (after getting the pokemon and my short performance) to watch the rest of the tourney. So yeah, point is yours. :)

You are also right about the pokemon. I forgot that you got the pokemon from the green man. That makes it a download. Point is yours again. :)

I hope they update pokemon.com with some new info. The wait is killing me. :)

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Why isn't there any new info on the official site yet!? I swear to Arceus, there better be something soon. Guess I better continue making that anti-weather team to kill time...

BadIntent

MSankey
Eh, in the mean time you can always buy Goods2010-03-05-fifty-238...

Yeti

Banned
One stop has been revealed from regionals, if only because the website for the event's location posts all the events they host:

first stop
more than likely - I doubt they'd have one May 1.

BadIntent

MSankey
Guys bring popcorn, because even if you don't like Pokemon, there's likely to be a real life fight there (chew). Mark your calendars, May 8, 2010 8:00 AM Pacific time at the Exhibition Hall.

Yeti

Banned
Yeah, you'll be lying on the floor crying afterwards as zerowing and I laugh.

If anyone's going to Seattle say so. See you there!

(smell you there BadIntent)

ibeaver

Epic Battler
I am going to Seattle, while I am not a frequent serebii user I am glad to see you guys taking it seriously.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Why isn't there any new info on the official site yet!? I swear to Arceus, there better be something soon.

Same. I for one hope to see a list of invited countries soon. There's no word on whether or not Australia has been included this time, and this lack of information is driving me INSANE!

... er, I mean... even more INSANE than ever! :mad:

I asked the Pokémon Company International about it, and they refused to reveal anything except that locations and dates will be released in the coming weeks. I recently sent a letter to Nintendo Australia about it, and I'm hoping to get an answer soon.

EDIT: This just in: Nintendo says they have no plans for the World Championships. So basically, Australia has been rejected AGAIN! :mad:

Last edited: