• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC 10 Discussion Thread

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Regarding shiny eevee being given out, let's hope they don't make it a requirement to register for the tournament in order to get one as it will only make it tougher for the prepared VGC players to participate in the tourney.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
If they do add more cities (like they hinted at) then that may not be that big a problem. This lack of info is driving me nuts. Come on already....

DBK

Renegade Trainer

DBK

Renegade Trainer
^ uh if your in Maine, wouldn't last year's be further away?

Last years was in New York right? If so New Jersey is farther away.

Last edited:

DBK

Renegade Trainer

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I'm in the UK... and becuase it's in Birmingham instead of London this year, my train fare is trippled... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I feel your pain. Ours have doubled :(

I was suprised this years UK event is in Birmingham, London would have been better for me but my train fare is only £14.50 and its and 1hr 25mins journey so can't complain too much. I just wish I had someone to go with!

climbinggecko

Emerald City Trainer
Come early or come late?

I went to Seattle Regionals last year and this year I'm glad to see they're not only getting rid of random selection but increasing the number of trainers who can compete. Last year all the Juniors got to go, but quite a few Seniors didn't.

My question is, since it's first come first serve, and Seniors registration starts at 1:00pm will the line start earlier in the day? I was planning on coming early anyway just to watch the juniors play and trade/hang out with everyone there.

I want to make sure I can get a spot! :)

Simse

I'm in the UK... and becuase it's in Birmingham instead of London this year, my train fare is trippled... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It's better than London, it gives more people a chance to get there. Last year people in the north had a extremely hard time getting to London. Birmingham is better.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I went to Seattle Regionals last year and this year I'm glad to see they're not only getting rid of random selection but increasing the number of trainers who can compete. Last year all the Juniors got to go, but quite a few Seniors didn't.

My question is, since it's first come first serve, and Seniors registration starts at 1:00pm will the line start earlier in the day? I was planning on coming early anyway just to watch the juniors play and trade/hang out with everyone there.

I want to make sure I can get a spot! :)

To be safe, come early. That is what I am doing.

My question about the registration is do you have to appear on that certain date when the games begin or does it have to be before the deadline? I'm just wondering since June 5th doesn't seem far off and I don't want to miss out on registering for my first Pokemon VGC tourney.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
My question about the registration is do you have to appear on that certain date when the games begin or does it have to be before the deadline? I'm just wondering since June 5th doesn't seem far off and I don't want to miss out on registering for my first Pokemon VGC tourney.

You can print out the team sheet from the website to fill out. Then bring it with you on the day of the tourney to register (since you register on the day of the tourney). I don't know if what climbinggeko said is true (about the first come first serve thing) but I do know that it would be wise to get there a little early. And I hope you enjoy it, it's quite the experience. :)

Simse

You can print out the team sheet from the website to fill out. Then bring it with you on the day of the tourney to register (since you register on the day of the tourney). I don't know if what climbinggeko said is true (about the first come first serve thing) but I do know that it would be wise to get there a little early. And I hope you enjoy it, it's quite the experience. :)

How early would you recommend to get there to ensure you can register and enter the tournament?
I've never bin and it's in about a month so I want to be prepared.

Edit: After reading the whole thread I'm kinda confused. I though it was the first 250 or whatever to sign up are guaranteed a place, but then I read in this thread that you are picked out of the 250 or whatever to participate in the tournament. Could someone please explain it, I've never bin before and I'm slightly confused.

Last edited: