• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC 10 Discussion Thread

Cimorene

I was wondering a couple of things. I'm planning to go up to Phoenix and know registration starts at 1, but how soon will people line up and be ready before that? I know they aren't doing a lottery this year and they've opened up way more slots possible, but should I really be worried about losing out? Is getting there at 8 or so good because we can get in line as soon as the juniors are done or are they going to shoo people who line up before that? Or are there going to be two lines three days before the event one for juniors one for seniors?

(Trying not to count my torchicks before they hatch...)
The other thing is if a person places very well a minor gets a travel voucher for their parent. Does a married person get one for their spouse? My husband has been giving me a hard time saying, "My wife is cheating on me with pokemon" and I've been telling him "Well when I win I'm not taking you to Hawaii with me then!" but then I don't know if I'll even be able to take him o.o. Or even worse if I can take one person my mom will be mad if I take him over her. I heard that the last several years you were able to take three other people to the finals?

Cimorene,

Firstly, show up as early as possible. They've raised the player cap to like 760 or something for the Seniors, but still, don't risk it. Philly had something near that last year. :/
Secondly, last year, they gave out 2 free plane tickets, and a room for 2 for Worlds. It really sucked that literally NO ONE was able to come with me last year (terrible, TERRIBLE time of year for my family) x_x, but they STILL payed for both tickets and such. And also, if you wanted to bring more people (which a LOT of Worlds 09 People did), you just had to pay their way, although you got the exact same group rate that TPCi did, so it wasn't that bad.

However, IIRC, they changed it this year. ONLY the top 8 or so Juniors get 1 ticket for them, and 1 ticket for a guardian, and hotel for both, and ONLY the top Seniors get 1 ticket and a hotel for themselves. Anything else YOU have to pay for.

Honestly, that's still not bad at all, but, meh, it kinda stinks compared to last year IMO.

BadIntent

MSankey
768 does not suck.

(Didn't get to compete last year because of lottery)

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Thank you Yeti for the clarification and my apologies to Leaf Storm. Hehe apparently I don't know how to read. :)

I will be going to the Newark one, since it will be the closest to me (a 30 min trip, give or take). I am not looking forward to all those weather teams.

BadIntent

MSankey
Fight hard gies, and maybe one of you will make it to nats with me.

Here's to hoping Yeti will have to guts to talk trash to my face at Seattle. She'll prolly just piss her pants though.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
.....Srlsy?

Agreed. It's going to be a weather fest. If you plan on attending, make sure you got a Rayquaza on your team. Or pokemon that change/benefit from the weather. You won't be sorry.

Rayquaza is something I was considering. Extremespeed, immunity to Earthquake, global weather neutrality, 150 base attack and special attack.. He's sorta frail, but whatever Focus Sash. Draco Meteor / Extremespeed / ..Earthquake? / Protect? Maybe Fire Blast over EQ, I'm not sure.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
My train fare there and back was £16 last year... £50 this time... and instead of a 2h journey, its now about 3 and a half... with 4 train changes!! Stupid Norfolk...

That'd be Norfolk-in-Good right?

Don't worry, I'll shoot myself.

Birmingham isn't that far away from me to be honest, but I've no desire to enter as my friend wants it more then me, but I'm more skilled so, beating him would make me a baaaad person =D

I may still go down, I'm coaching him in advanced tactics after all, maybe I'll see some of you there fellow countrypeoples.

Yeti

Banned
Fight hard gies, and maybe one of you will make it to nats with me.

Here's to hoping Yeti will have to guts to talk trash to my face at Seattle. She'll prolly just piss her pants though.
you're not making it to nats.
huy will probably beat you in r1 at both qualifiers you're going to.

don't worry, we MIGHTY DUCKS + female have a plan in mind for you. foolish of you to waste your money coming when there's like ~10 people just waiting to beat you physically and in battle.

you'll be the one pissing yourself when zerowing's girth consumes you fully. truly you cannot escape his girth.

PS reno more like
KO/KO
for the third one
js!!

Also regarding Rayquaza, as BadIntent can tell you, it does crap. It gets KO'd by just about everything since most everything has a dragon or ice move.
Abomasnow would love to see Rayquaza and take a dump on its face.

Blizzard 100% accuracy + hail damage to block Focus Sash = sadfaced Rayquaza as it gets essentially OHKO'd.

BI's Rayquaza is the only one I've ever seen, and that team lost quickly.
Probably because Rayquaza is one of the worst ubers to use lol. It does terribly in the VGC metagame.

Probably for the same reasons Salamence and Garchomp are never seen in VGC. They go "sadface" because they either waste an item to make up for their 4x ice weakness or get OHKO'd.
Ice Shard can OHKO them lol....

Seattle's this weekend :] Hope everyone is ready to get crushed!!

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
so not everyone will be enetered (i'll be gojng to the birmingjam event)
and also when they reduce your pokemon to level 50, does that mean their stats get lowered? because i havent read anywhere that is does?