• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC 10 Discussion Thread

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
so not everyone will be enetered (i'll be gojng to the birmingjam event)
and also when they reduce your pokemon to level 50, does that mean their stats get lowered? because i havent read anywhere that is does?

Yes, your stats get lowered to what they would be if that pokemon where level 50.

Why? Why did you say that?
I was meant to be using a Rayquaza.
Hate Abomasnow.

Sorry. ^^'

But hey, now 'ya know, right? Plus, with Rayquaza's air lock, the hail won't work, and blizzard won't always hit.

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
Yes, your stats get lowered to what they would be if that pokemon where level 50.

so really its pointless me getting my EV trained pokemon to leve 100 then?
(eg, ev trained a raquaza, gots its effort ribbon and then left it and started training the next member on my team?)

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
@Channy:

No, quite the opposite. It reduces the stats WITH the EV's you put on your pokemon.

BadIntent

MSankey
Okay I lost.

Mighty ducks: 1
Skarmbliss/BadIntent: 0.

Round 2 starts May 15th. Bring it.

Simse

Sorry. ^^'

But hey, now 'ya know, right? Plus, with Rayquaza's air lock, the hail won't work, and blizzard won't always hit.

Lol, I know what Air Lock does, it's still kinda risky though. Plus there's usually atleast 2 Blizzarders if Abomasnows is there. Usually the leads. Which is annoying.

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
thank you very much for the help RJ Jessy, now just finishing the last for pokemon in my team now, then getting them all to 100 :D

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
@BadIntent:
I was cheering for you today. Can't wait to see hear the results!

@Channy13
It's... TR Jessie. I'm sure you were maybe kidding, but, really--I don't like to have the name messed up. ;)

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
yeh sorry only joking
wont do it again
from Chenny13 :p

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
What forum is Huy from? I hope he's not from Smogon. >:^(
What place did you get this time, BadIntent?

gs_cup_prospect

Rare Collector
Hello everybody, my name is Mike. I'm planning on going to the Pokemon Regional Championships this Saturday in Phoenix, AZ just as most of you are. However I am looking for a clean Wi-Fi battle under the same rules as the competition (GS CUP). Since I live in the Phoenix area (Tempe, AZ), my time zone is Mountain Standard. So I don't mind to battle anybody just as long as you reply to this thread and list your trainer name, friend code and available time to battle in the Pokemon Center Wi-Fi Club, located downstairs in the pokemon center (Heartgold/Soulsilver only); my friend code is: 0389 1837 1152. FYI the official competitions' rules this year state that you can now have two legendary pokemon in your team, but not the "exclusive" legendary pokemon. To spice things up my favorite legendary is ;487-o; what's yours?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Quick question for those who have participated thus far in the VGCs: Are they really letting everyone who registered compete? I am hearing different things and would appreciate some clarification. Thank you.

What forum is Huy from? I hope he's not from Smogon. >:^(
What place did you get this time, BadIntent?

Huy is from smogon lol. He really is a good guy IRL. We hung out lots last year at worlds 09. He's a great trainer too. And so is his lil brother Duy apparently, he got 1st at San Fran!

And to the rest of you, yes, if you get in line IN TIME and wait there you WILL get to play.

Oh, and Yeti? So how'd you do? You made tops right?

..right??

Last edited:

Yeti

Banned
no I decided buying clothes was more important than Pokemon.

sorry I'm not a lifeless guy like you and the rest of skarmbliss o)!!

Poor BadIntent lost r3?? again I think in SF.

Anyways strong performance from smogon/the Ducks as always.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
@Yeti: lol.

Any skarmbliss members going to Newark? I want to know what all the hype (and Yeti's jokes) are all about. :)

no I decided buying clothes was more important than Pokemon.

sorry I'm not a lifeless guy like you and the rest of skarmbliss o)!!

Poor BadIntent lost r3?? again I think in SF.

Anyways strong performance from smogon/the Ducks as always.

Lifeless? Tell that to my beautiful wife and daughter, runt. You call losing "a strong performance"? You're a duck too.

DBK, just go to Skarmbliss.com and see for yourself. There's a lot of good guys there, especially a lot from Worlds 09 (Vash, Me, 616, Drug Duck, Honchkrow, NestW, etc...), unlike the Ducks Yeti. And also, unlike the Ducks (which do not represent all of smogon, only a tiny clique), Skarmbliss isn't stuck up.

And by the way Yeti, the score between me and you is still me 1, you 0. Think about that next time you want to mouth off.

Last edited:

Yeti

Banned
skarmbliss: We get back in line when we lose early.

Ducks: We win the stop.

Skarmbliss: We help others who aren't even part of our little group.

Ducks: We use pokes with 512 Evs and get DQ'd.