• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC 10 Discussion Thread

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Today is Last Chance Qualifier in Indianapolis for the SPPFers here that really care. This VGC topic is mostly dominated by us smogoners as we have 100 times more VGC activity compared to all other forums combined which is why we dominate at these events like it or not. Tomorrow is US Nationals for those that qualified as I'm sure many of you native SPPFers would rather watch the anime instead of following up on how everybody is doing in Indianapolis.

My warstory is posted in smogon for those that want to know how I did and all as I was in Newark few weeks ago.

First, I am a native SPPFer and don't belong to smogon and I love the VGCs. And last time I checked, it was the Ducks that were doing well. So there goes your theory. If you are going to flame, do it somewhere else.

ps: I went to Newark as well. I watched the final and can tell you with certainty that I would of been able to hold my own against the Ducks that won. The only reason I lost early was because I got nervous and ruined my strategy.

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO MADE IT TO NATS AND GOOD LUCK!!!!

I made top 16 (12th place as of "right now" but that might change (go up or down) tomorrow). That means as of right now I have an invite to the 2010 Pokemon WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in Hawaii around August 14th. However, that does NOT ensure that I have a PAID trip to Hawaii, only 8th-1st get paid trips.

I have to battle some random tomorrow morning to advance to "8th" place. If I win, I'll have the money for the trip and I'll go. If not, there's NO WAY I can afford the trip. Wish me luck bros!

Oh, funny story too, that I think might help all of us become better battlers. I've been testing and practicing with Kyogre / Toxicroak / Abomasnow / Palkia for over a month now because it has won so many people so many battles at these VGC stops. However, the team is really derivative and really over used. So, I wrestled with the thought of using it, and wrestled and wrestled and LITERALLY AT 1AM THE MORNING OF THE TOURNAMENT (I was up uuber late with the guys) I decided to scrap the Ogre/Croak team in favor of a team that's more... ME:)

As you can see, it worked out pretty well (lol). When making teams, go with your gut, not the crowd.

Oh and also...
BAD INTENT 7 AND 0!!!!!!!!
TR JESSE 6 AND 1 !!!!!!!!
YOU KIDS ARE AMAAAAAAAAZING!!!!!!!1

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
First, I am a native SPPFer and don't belong to smogon and I love the VGCs. And last time I checked, it was the Ducks that were doing well. So there goes your theory. If you are going to flame, do it somewhere else.

ps: I went to Newark as well. I watched the final and can tell you with certainty that I would of been able to hold my own against the Ducks that won. The only reason I lost early was because I got nervous and ruined my strategy.

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO MADE IT TO NATS AND GOOD LUCK!!!!
Last I checked, 12 of the top 16 today have ties with smogon (including all the Ducks and a few that post here too), 1 from SPPF and not sure where the other few came from although one of them was reported to go on Pokemon Online.

Congratulations MattJ & BadIntent on top 16 as well as TR_Jessie as I'm rather curious about this absol I've been hearing all about and its super luck critical hits as well.

MattJ especially you need to win that first round match as you'll be playing against one of the unknowns. I'm sure you can do it, just believe in yourself you can do it.

How the heck did I have over 3700 posts here? Probably most of them were from back in the pre-wifi days.

Edit: I see both BadIntent & TR_Jessie made it to top 8 so far, but MattJ, what happened?

Last edited:

BadIntent

MSankey
I hear what you're saying EE. But dude, end of the day TR_Jessie got 3rd and Wesley got 1st. Smogon has a whole lot more players but not necessarily better ones.

Yeti I hope you read this: I went 7-0 in Swiss and got 5th place overall. gg.

Well, I do guess since this thread isn't being moderated, why not

Yeah, yeti. I made top 16 (13th or 12th I can't recall) and someone from a "site that kind of lacks motivation for comp battles" made 3rd.

Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh yeah
and

Shadow Force breaks through protect just so ya know.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Haha! Hahahahaha! Smogon... what a joke. jk jk.
Thank you all for all the support you've given me! It's made me feel wonderful. I felt like a super star at the tournament.

Sorry you didn't get in, Mattj. :(
I was glad to avenge you in the top 8 round by beating the guy who defeated you.

Congrats to BadIntent and everyone who made it! :D

I'm rather curious about this absol I've been hearing all about and its super luck critical hits as well.

Huh? What lies have people been feeding you?!?!? XD
I saw that the guy I beat in the top eight wrote an almost completely incorrect warstory about our battle(s). Don't listen to 'em I say! Don't listen! lol

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
k guys, flame war's over. stop trying to start crap with other users. just because this section doesn't have any assigned mods doesn't mean that no one is watching here. if i see more of this going on i'm going to start handing out bans to people, so quit it now.

back to actually discussing vgc instead of trying to antagonize other users, thanks.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
[kiss up]lol you tell em' Ellie!!![/kiss up]

Congrats to those who made it to Worlds! If anyone needs a travel buddy or a sparring partner for the trip I would be happy and honored to accept such a great responsibility. ^.^

Yeti

Banned
good work ellie cleaning this thread up

o3o

congrats to those who placed i guess????? i was off helping people in LA contributing back to society so i couldn't waste the money for a pokemon tournament too bad -__-

have fun at worlds whoever is going!

BadIntent

MSankey
I have a warstory but when mattj and I tried to post ours, the mods didn't put it up. So I guess uh... Well you guys know where to find my warstory.

Mars Girl

OOH WATERMELON BRB!!
Wow, serebii's forums never cease to depress me on how terrible it is. I wish he could do something right and fix the lag but oh well, I guess that is too many clicks for him or something.

And what is up with this VGC crap? Serebii you need to learn how to work your forum. It seems so unorganized, especially this VGC stuff, like I bet the broom in Blackjack 30YearsOldAndStillDoesn'tHaveAJobbiani's closet could do a better job tbcomoditwwgabanyh. Like what is wrong with this generation of people, they are all such lazy fat ****s. Well most of them. I wish people would figure out what exercise is then do it because if this keeps up we'll be known as the generation of fatties. Just 2nite @ this world... and especially you Serebii like BE MORE ORGANIZED ugh is that so hard to ask?

And fix the damn lag it's been doing that **** for how long now and you still have done **** to fix it... just wow. It's sad that someone that doesn't even like your forum in the first place has to tell you to fix it when everyone and their mom has been telling you to do that for years now. Even smogon doesn't lag like this and they are FULL of parkinson's kids... Wow. You need to get on the game Serebii. Like for real...

2nite...

TerraWolf

Banned
Well, I lost first round at Newark, but there is always better comp. next year. New beginnings I guess. And adding the Restricted Pokemon killed the VGCs this year. I mean the girl who won Newark Juniors had a Kyogre/Abomasnow Combo.

[/rant]

BadIntent

MSankey
Well, I lost first round at Newark, but there is always better comp. next year. New beginnings I guess. And adding the Restricted Pokemon killed the VGCs this year. I mean the girl who won Newark Juniors had a Kyogre/Abomasnow Combo.

[/rant]

Powerful combo. Train harder for next year.

Ya, TR Jessie you are super star trainer. You felt accordingly. Hopefully the rest of the Mike Sankey Goon Squad can make it to Hawaii. If so, none of you will be ready for us. Just like at Nationals.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Does anyone know how many Japanese people got the free trip to worlds? Like, I know that
8 got invited, but does that mean they all got free trips, too? I'm trying to figure out how
many people are going... Oh, well.

Guess what?! I got a call the other day from the newspaper people asking to interview me
about the tournament; some reporter came to me today and is going to put my story in the paper!
It was the last thing I was expecting! This happen to any of you guys?

BadIntent

MSankey

BadIntent

MSankey
Yeah, I know dude! It would have been even awesomer to live up to the hype and win the whole thing though =[ That's what Worlds is for though!

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
That is pretty cool, BI. My interview is only going to be put in the town paper. :'(

Worlds will be here before I know it, and I haven't found a good team to use, yet!