• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC 10 Discussion Thread

Human Being

I couldn't go to Nationals (Getting haxed out in my T32 game at New Jersey) and my cousin visiting. Saw DM's story and read the warstories though. Hopefully I'll make it to Nationals and Worlds next year (as long as next year isn't too hectic).

kittyloaf

Is it legal to RNG abuse to get perfect IVs in the VGC?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Is it legal to RNG abuse to get perfect IVs in the VGC?
Yes perfectly legal, as I'm sure MattJ can double-attest to that. All the pokemon I used when competing in VGC/Newark this year were RNG'd, and the winner had pokemon that were RNG'd as well. Why take all summer to breed a perfect pokemon when it can all be done in just matter of minutes and careful preparation?

Once again I'm offering for free in my trade topic any pokemon for those that are seriously planning to compete in Worlds in Hawaii in only a few more weeks, so good luck. If only I can afford it and had more time, I would have liked to go as I hope my luck is better next year.

Human Being

Agreeing with mattj and EE. RNG is helpful and if you really expect to do well in the VGC you should RNG, you will end up changing your teams a lot and if you decide that far ahead of time you will have a lot of difficulty, especially when it comes to countering the teams that become popular.
Also I hope that I would actually get to meet both of you next year than just be next to EE while both of us finish our battles! The Northeastern Qualifier has so many people there should definitely be some special rules or something so more people can qualify for it or that there are two for the the northeast region, there was around 800 people over there, more than the maximum.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Whew! Worlds is in about a week.

The presssure is on.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ninahaza, PokemonBattleBrain, and Glen and Ryan Arnold ALL made it in the LCQ!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!
WOOOOOO1OOOOOOOOOOO1!!!!1!

Human Being

Jesus might rule the (Pokemon) world, and spread a new message! *For those who may not know Ninahiza's first name is Jesus*
Also I would obviously wish everyone best of luck, but especially to Milan because I practically came up / got him his team, and then Deagle because of how he helped me practice for North Eastern VGC on Pokemon Online, the rest I am mostly neutral, but Ninahiza sticks out.

Yeah I know human, isn't that the terrible part?! There are so many great players, and seriously great people all competing this year. Literally, and I'm not kidding 50% of the people competing this year (what, that's like 30 people? yeah) are literally all good friends that I know and love.

I just.... can't.... you know.... root for any one person. :/

I can tell you this though. It's gonna be an amazing day. No doubt!

Rankings (this is before the top 8 which could possibly move a few people around by 1 or so):
worldsrank.png

Top 8 bracket:
worldsbracket.png

Thanks to sixfortyfive for the pics

Top 8 Pokemon Players in the entire World:
vgc8_interior2.jpg

skarmbliss is noob.
What is that Crazy Guy on the top right wearing... weird...
...man, and that dude on the bottom kinda to the left too...
what's up with those guys wearing those shirts in the top 8 at the World Championship?
does anybody here know?
maybe I should ask BadIntent...

[edit]
See that skinny, pasty white dude in the top R right over there, with the Skarmbliss shirt on...
BCRound1oftop4match.jpg

That's my bud Ray Rizzo. Just pwnd his Japanese opponent in his Top 4 match. He's top 2 in the World right now. Free payed trip to Worlds 2011 and everything, even if he loses. Skarmbliss is pro.

Last edited:

Human Being

Finals
America VS Japan
INTENSE!

Also mattj, I thought you were going to VM me an avi?

Ray Rizzo, as Yeti would put it "a Skarmbliss noob", is the new Pokemon World Champion. First US Pokemon World Champion in the history of the VGCs.

Congrats mah boi. You owned it.

Human Being

Ray Rizzo, as Yeti would put it "a Skarmbliss noob", is the new Pokemon World Champion. First US Pokemon World Champion in the history of the VGCs.

Congrats mah boi. You owned it.
OH YEAH!

No wonder Shota won the junior division. He had a Cherrim named Haruhi :p

That isn't why. It was because he was an ******* stalling out the batteries life during the live stream that if he didn't win we would all find him and make him PAY! If he lost it would have been terrible for us though,.someone just killing the batteries life, so at least his pointless stalling paid off for him.

Human Being

Un golpe critico! was the best moment though. Was one of the best parts of the stream, after the part where Bluecookies won though, but ALAKA had his phone's batteries die so we didn't really get to see it.

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
I'm happy America finally won!

If not for paralysis... maybe... just maybe... ugh.