• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC '14 ruleset announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Official document here.

Most notably the format will be limited to the Kalos dex (Excluding Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo) and Kalos natives (as in bred or caught in Kalos, no pokebank shenanigans). Mega evolutions are permitted. The moves Dark Void and Sky Drop are now unbanned as well (so plan accordingly when team building).

Also, match time limits have been adjusted; with 90 seconds allowed to select pokemon during team preview, 45 seconds to select a move, and 15 minutes for each match overall.

Thoughts?

The Master Chief

Well i don't see how you can possibly get something to use dark void at this moment without getting lucky with metronome and sky drop shouldn't be too much of a problem to deal with.

To those with questions: Yes, Blaziken is banned since it's "not native or in the kalos dex" so don't bother.

"A player’s Battle Box may be checked at any time for illegal Pokémon. Any Masters Division player who fails this check may be immediately disqualified and be unable to participate in the tournament."

Did anybody else notice it specifically said Masters Division?

Last edited:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Cool, this thread finally got approved. I forgot I even posted it, lol. :)

Well i don't see how you can possibly get something to use dark void at this moment without getting lucky with metronome and sky drop shouldn't be too much of a problem to deal with.

To those with questions: Yes, Blaziken is banned since it's "not native or in the kalos dex" so don't bother.

"A player’s Battle Box may be checked at any time for illegal Pokémon. Any Masters Division player who fails this check may be immediately disqualified and be unable to participate in the tournament."

Did anybody else notice it specifically said Masters Division?

I think it's because anyone younger than Master's division has plausible deniability. If you're old enough for masters, you're old enough to look over your own pokemon for legality.

Status
Not open for further replies.