• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(VGC) ChanDreiGross

rckstr

ChanDreiGross
----------------------------------
C9ceUVNTU1NTU1NTU9M76T+NHdLZN3NDyAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
UMtn5yFQqFQKBQKhUKhUCgUCoVCobn6D6ZY09SuMn3sAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
K4xwiYAPm9AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
52hOIOrUJOIgQ0HxMeEvvadxHLmYXcdeaXcyEZHjnJC9wNlVlkZWVlZWVlrdEfAAdsq1+R98IAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
635.gif
376.gif
609.gif
591.gif

Welcome to my RMT.We won't be going into team building process but I guess I can explain it a bit here in the introduction.As you can see the name of the team is ChanDreiGross, that basically sums up the core of this team is made up of Hydreigon who gave me the idea to build this team, Metagross who is more or less Hydreigon's partner in crime and finally Chandelure who helps cover some common weaknesses and revenge kills whatever the duo of Hydreigon and Metagross failed to do and you can add Amoonguss to the mix and well you have a really well quick paced balanced offensive team.This team has achieved quite some success on the SkarmBliss VGC Server, I went 11 wins in a row and then lost due to some cheap hax, after that I played about 20 more battles and managed to come out as the winner in 18 of them.Thank you for reading this introduction and I hope you enjoy the RMT.This is the final team that will be going for the VGC tournament here in Toronto, Canada on the 15th of April this year.
635.gif

Hydreigon (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Why did I choose Hydreigon? No particular reason, I always have one of my favorite Pokemon in every team I build and Hydreigon is no exception.YOu might tell me to go use Latios but Latios cannot help eliminating threats such as Cresselia as easy as Hydreigon can.Draco Meteor is a move that is capable of OHKO/2HKO pretty much every common pokemon in the VGC 2012 Metagame, the Dragon Gem combined with 252 Special Attack EV Points let it hit like a truck and in the 30+ Battles I have had with this team, Hydreigon's Draco Meteor alone gets a KO in almost all of them.Dark Pulse is used to get rid of Cresselia mainly but acts as secondary stab and is used if I dont want to take the -2 SpAtk of Draco Meteor .Fire Blast helps get rid of those pesky Steel Types that resist both my STAB moves and finally Protect is standard move required on VGC.
376.gif

Metagross @ Normal Gem
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion
- Protect

Metagross resists Dragon, Bug and Ice which are all types that are super-effective on his partner Hydreigon who resists Ground and Fire which are both super effective on Metagross.What does that mean? The 2 form a deadly partnership and are usually the two that I lead with but I change them around depending on the opponents team.Meteor Mash is a strong STAB move that dents everything that does not resist it.Bullet Punch is staple on this set to finish off other pokemon and to break sashes early on and cause some damage.Finally the main move of this set is Explosion which has saved me in battle far too many times for me to remember, all my other Pokemon have some way to avoid Explosion and if you ever battle me you will see I use Explosion at the most unexpected of times catching people of guard and most of the time KO'ing 2 of my opponents Pokemon.Protect is standard.
609.gif

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball

Ah Chandelure, how do I start.What a Pokemon this little guy is a pain in the.... you know for any team late game.The Choice Scarf lets it outspeed a vast majority of Pokemon which Heat Wave being the primary move of choice denting everything not resisting it.Overheat can be used for bulky foes I need to kill quickly, it's only used in emergency situations as Chandelure is usually one of my last 2 pokemon.Hidden Power Ice lets me walk over Garchomp and other Dragon types.While Shadow Ball is STAB and lets me hit very hard whatever resists Fire.Overall Fantastic revenge killer capable of running through teams late game.

591.gif

Amoonguss (F) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Amoonguss resists fighting and serves as a great support Pokemon in my team, Spore is quite simple, 100 % accurate Sleep Move putting Pokemon to bed for the ChanDreiGross group to assault.Rage Powder lets my Offensive Pokemon get an extra hit which can prove match deciding at times, Amoonguss's bulk lets it take a few hits aswell so it serves as a good decoy using Rage Powder.Giga Drain helps dent bulky waters a bit aswell as restoring my own HP white it's at it.Protect is a standard move that can be used to stall or take no damage from my Metagross's Explosion.Overall it's a great support pokemon that plays a vital role in how the team functions.

sungkwon

I thought in the VGC12 you can run with a team of 6 and choose the 4 your want to use after the Team Preview.

How does your team fare versus weather teams? Rain is pretty popular and weakens fire attacks, and they all run Ice Beam alongside Surf, to handle Amoonguss and Hydreigon. I also see no way for you to interrupt or stop Trick Room from setting up (no taunt, very fast Pokemon) and Amoonguss will be walled by any Sap Sipper Pokemon.

Toxicated92

Water Expert
Dude, 6 Pokemon?
Nice explanation but before I rate 2 more Pokemon are needed
Bear in mind that rain and sandstorm are the most popular weathers this year
So you need something to counter that otherwise you will get destroyed
(and a Pokemon with taunt to DESTROY Trick Room teams)

rckstr

Sandstorm is never a problem.Meteor Mash, a well timed Explosion, Rage Powder Ammongus+Chandelure lets may take on Ttar, Chomp, Scizor Excadrill all common SandSTorm threats.As for trickr room, I know which Pokemon set it up and incase they have a focus sash I just use Draco Meteor+Bullet Punch to kill them before setting up.I can also stall out a 5 turn trick room or tailwind most of the time with Ammongus and other Mons using protect and smart switches.The last 2 pokemon have not been decided, could I get some suggestions?Perhaps a Abnowsnow to counter weather with Choice Scarf and something else?

Last edited:

rckstr

Abomasnow (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Snow Warning

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk

- Blizzard

- Ice Shard

- Giga Drain

- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 116 HP / 252 SAtk / 140 Spd

- Tailwind

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Protect

Thinking of using these for the last 2 spots

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
Just curious....how come Metagross doesn't have Zen headbutt (because Hitmontop is very popular right now and you have a big fighting weakness espically since many also carry a rock attack that can devistate Chandelure)
Also ye might want to change the color of your type. It's hard to read especially against this background color. Just a thought

rckstr

Just curious....how come Metagross doesn't have Zen headbutt (because Hitmontop is very popular right now and you have a big fighting weakness espically since many also carry a rock attack that can devistate Chandelure)
Also ye might want to change the color of your type. It's hard to read especially against this background color. Just a thought

I need Meteor mas+priority.Helps alot.
Hitmontop takes a chunk (over 80%) with meteor mash and usually my other pokemon in play kills it in the same turn or metagross kills it next turn with bullet punch.
I have yet to come across a Hitmontop with a rock move so thats strange.

Let me know what colors you want changed to what

Soperman

The One and Only
You are obsessed with Protect. On pokemon like Metagross and Hydreigon, you don't want that, so drop it. I understand you have it on Hydreigon for Explosion, but Explosion is stupid on Meta anyway (no offense).
First of all, you can actually have six pokemon on the team, so you should think about that and update your team.
If you want help on other team members, here's who I suggest:
038.gif

Ninetails can serve as a counter to other weather on your team. Although, admittedly, it can't hit very hard or take many hits, the extra Fire power (literally) wouldn't hurt.
260.gif

Swampert serves as a bulky attacker, and can take on any Fire or Ground types that you'll come up against.
530.gif

This guy can counter any sand team you will come up against. Not only that, but he is another physical sweeper for your team (whereas you are leaning toward Special Attackers mostly)
534.gif

This last one is also a physical attacker, but I think he could be helpful because of his bulk. You don't have anybody who can take too many hits on your team, so this guy, who after one or two Bulk Ups can take any physical hit, seems reasonable enough.
Also, the idea of having Meta/Dreigon and that they can take the hits for each other doesn't work in doubles. Bug type pokemon won't attack your metagross when Hydreigon is on the field. Just sayin'
Now, on to the rate:
On Metagross, you have both Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch. This is pretty redundant, so choose one or the other. Plus, your last move is Explosion, which isn't that great of an attack. Killing one of your pokemon isn't the best strategy imo. Also, if it's a kind of last-ditch effort to K.O. someone, it won't work if you're on low health, as most pokemon will out-speed you anyway. I suggest teaching it Earthquake and Zen Headbutt; good coverage (especially with a levitating partner) and STAB.
Chandelure should have Timid, as it won't out-speed much without it. Also, Overheat is redundant, and after one use renders him useless if there are any pokemon left. Teach it Energy Ball or Psychic for coverage instead.
EDIT: I just noticed the two other pokemon you want to use.
Hail only hurts your team. None of your pokemon benefit from it, and Abomasnow... isn't a bad choice. However, Ice Shard (with Modest and no Attack EVs) won't do anything, so drop it.
Suicune should have Calm Mind instead of Protect. Otherwise, looks good as well. Keep in mind what I said, though: Too many Special Attackers.

Last edited:

rckstr

Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch are pretty much completely necessary, Meteor Mash id for denting stuff while Bullet Punch finishes things off.It's also the only priority I have.

Explosion has saved my far too many times, I usually use protect with my other pokemon while EXplosion takes out half of the opponents team 99% of the time

Soperman

The One and Only
Still, you don't need protect on Metagross. Give it Zen Headbutt or Earthquake instead. Both are excellent moves, and could help your team a lot.
By the way, did you at least read over my other comments?

TheFox

Expert EV'er
Listen to Soperman he knows whats he's talking about.
Explosion is a terrible move for doubles for for EQ instead with occa berry since if you explos at thye end of a battle you will lose by default, also whats the point of putting weather up if you can't abuse it, get an electric move in there too to combat sap sippers

rckstr

*sigh* Explosion is not useless at all.... I dont use it when Metagross is the last Pokemon.
I have weather just to counter other weather and the weather inducer itself abuses it, it does not help me alot but wrecks the opponent.

I would prefer people who play VGC alot to rate because people telling me not to use Protect and Explosion 2 of the most used moves in VGC is crazy

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
Protect doesn't do much for Metagross is all we're saying. Have either Zen Headbutt or EQ because of your fire weakness especially with Heatran being popular (he'll basically wall you). And unfortunately due to the recent nerfing of Explosion lately...I don't see it being popular this year which is sad because I've wailed with Boom CurseLix

rckstr

Normal Gem+Explosion makes it hit hard combined with an Adamant metagross with 252 ATk EVS.

Protect lets me scout moves and sometimes waste a turn if I am stalling to get rid of Opponents TRick Room or Tailwind.

But okay I appreciate the suggestion and am willing to give EQ a go.

Thank You.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Don't forget Protect stops Fake Out, which is so dang common in VGC.