• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC Doubles TeamII

TheFox

Expert EV'er
VGC Doubles Team III

After a lot more testing with more team member suchas the likes of Froslass, gengar, hydreigon, electivire, vaporeon and Chomp, Blaziken, Rotom-W i found it to be very weak to some of the more competive teams out there so heres my new and updated one, this one is a little better.
overview
;237; ;145; ;376; ;380; ;157; ;373;

;237;
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP/ 6 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

since fakeout users are in this year i've gone for one of the common ones Hitmontop since most of it's moves are pirority i decided to invest in it's attack and SP defence (although hp might a be better investment). with Technician mach punch and fake out get a power boost, sucker punch is for those annoying psychic/ghost types who can wipe hitmon out and set up trick room.

;145;
Zapdos @ Yache Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

my anti rain team killer, signal beam is for pesky lucludio's as zap's flying moves are poor, HP ice is for the kami trio, and other mon suseptable to ice, heatwave is for ice type's like abomasnow who can run amock through my team with 3 of my members having a weakness to it which is why Zap has Yache Berry equiped.

;376;
Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Protect
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

metagross is a counter to sand teams and resident hard hitter with meteor mash for when trick room is up, or EQ for when chanty's is out. gave meta Occa Berry so that when the sun is out meta can survive to deal out a powerful EQ

;380;
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Heal Pulse
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball

this is my team supporter with heal pulse and recover for trick room stalling so that the team has longtivity in long games, Draco Meteor is for the one time hit kill if but it's knock on effect could reduce latias's fighting power if left still standing. i didn't really know what to use for the last move so i throught i'd through energy ball into the mix.

;157;
Typhlosion (M) @ Fire Gem
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

After being missing from my MKII team i decided to bring typhlosion back due to his powerfull eruption and heatwave combo, would of prefered him to have flash fire so that i could switch him in on meta's incoming fire moves (but the abillity isn't out yet :( ) focus blast is for rock/ground/steel types, while HP grass covers covers typhlosion's water weakness

;373;
Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

my team's resident revenge killer with his fast speed and high attack, mence is there for end game sweeping with a high powered 3 turn outrage increasing on every kill, brick break is in there for ice types that can ruin mences team rampage so common scarfed hailer abomasnow doesn't wreck my team, rock slide is for zapdos's but they normally run HP ice so it can become a risky move if they have focus sash on them, EQ is for Fire, electrics, Rocks, and steels

Last edited:

tlyee61

is Asian
Maybe have Fight Gem>>Lefties on Hitmontop and EV it in HP and Attack instead. Also, consider Occa Berry on Metagross. Also, test Rotom-W over Vaporeon because it's pretty bulky and can dish out big damage with Water and Electric STAB.

Toxicated92

Water Expert
maybe give your 'techi-top' life orb
vaporeon = leftovers
and your chomp, a choice scarf, as i feel (by looking at your team) hes more a revaenge killer, just to finish off the last of their pokemon?
other than that, i dont have much more ideas/opinions, its a very cool team

kingdra234

water master
I thimk that you should put wish on your vaporeon because it offers reliable recovory when you switch. None of your other pokemon can heal themselfs

Shreyas

On Blaziken, do not use Hi Jump Kick. Protect users are everywhere, making it a really unreliable move. And both STAB attacks you have will end up killing itself eventually, and Bright Powder, imo, is a waste of an item slot.

On Hitmontop, 252 HP / 252 Atk is a little more useful then the SpD EVs since it can take some attacks physically and specially, and intimidate > technician. This way, Hitmontop will be more of a team player, and can really help out your Blaziken from taking a Priority attack.

Even though you've got Gross, I can definitely see sand teams not having much trouble. He can always be OHKO'd by Fire attacks.

From what I see, chomp can only work with Rotom. Metagross, maybe if the opponent sees him as a low threat which is usually not the case. Its pretty obvious an EQ from chomp is coming white you are just floating on that balloon, so a priority attack is sure to ruin this.

From what I see, your team lacks reliable defenses and is filled with powerful sweepers who have an easy weakness to Latios and Chandelure.

TheFox

Expert EV'er
On Blaziken, do not use Hi Jump Kick. Protect users are everywhere, making it a really unreliable move. And both STAB attacks you have will end up killing itself eventually, and Bright Powder, imo, is a waste of an item slot.

On Hitmontop, 252 HP / 252 Atk is a little more useful then the SpD EVs since it can take some attacks physically and specially, and intimidate > technician. This way, Hitmontop will be more of a team player, and can really help out your Blaziken from taking a Priority attack.

Even though you've got Gross, I can definitely see sand teams not having much trouble. He can always be OHKO'd by Fire attacks.

From what I see, chomp can only work with Rotom. Metagross, maybe if the opponent sees him as a low threat which is usually not the case. Its pretty obvious an EQ from chomp is coming white you are just floating on that balloon, so a priority attack is sure to ruin this.

From what I see, your team lacks reliable defenses and is filled with powerful sweepers who have an easy weakness to Latios and Chandelure.

ok then who should i take out and swap for

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
I don't think HJK-Speed Boost Blaziken is even legal...unless I'm missing something.

Pretty sure HJK is an egg move (lvl1) for them and all the Speed Boosts released at lvl10 in Male.

Can't speak for move remember as I'm not lucky enough to have a DW bird, but my rememberer got a move on my Weavile that had gotten bypassed completely (never even offered to learn, never forgot, how can it be remembered? O_O)