• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC Goodstuffs Team

PokeMaster366

I've recently been working on a new team for VGCs and I had some time to kill while I wait for this Bleach movie to load, so I figured I'll make a RMT while I'm waiting and get some input since almost everybody on PO has probably seen it by now (finally got it working). Anyway, before we begin, I would like to thank DragonMaster123 for providing most of the team for me and being such a great inspiration.

chibi%20latios.gif

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Psychic
- Protect
- Draco Meteor

One of the main Special Sweepers on my team. After some helpful input on my previous RMTs, I decided to give Latios a Dragon Gem so he can guarantee more 0HKOes. Psychic gives Latios a more reliable STAB to use and the team a Psychic move to use against the popular Fighting types. Surf gives it a move to use if he's fighting against Metagro-...I mean Steel types.

Dawn_Togekiss.png

Togekiss (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Follow Me

A new support pokemon that I plan on adding to my team when I get access to her. Because of her massive bulk, she can use Follow me and probably still survive a gang attack. Not even Gem Latios with all his strength can 0HKO Togekiss w/o crit hax. Tailwind gives me a good support move to use in order to outrun common threats. Air Slash is there to take advantage of the extra boost in Speed thanks to the easy flinch hax it causes. Roost takes advantage of Tailwind as well since it lets him drop his Flying typing for that turn and lose painful weaknesses for that turn. Thanks for the set, Smogon.

tumblr_lht3j9hr7Z1qh26emo1_500.png

Chandelure (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Imprison
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave

Another set that I borrowed from Smogon. This useful Ghost/Fire with imperfect Speed IVs lets me put a lid on TR teams with Imprison while giving me access to it in special cases of Cresselia T-Wave spam. Heat Wave and Shadow Ball are his STABs of choice.

hitmontop.jpg

Hitmontop (M) @ Dark Gem
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard
- Fake Out

Another guy I plan on adding as soon as DragonMaster123 clones it. Thanks to the Dark Gem, Fake Out + Sucker Punch gets a kill in on Hitmontop. Wide Guard lets him cover for the team's Rock Slide and Blizzard weaknesses. Close Combat is there for obvious reasons.

Ludicolo_con_Maracas_a_color_by_Inai10.png

Ludicolo (F) @ Absorb Bulb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Fake Out/Ice Beam
- Scald

A pokemon that I thought about adding to help with countering rain since Gastrodon wasn't doing his job well enough. Giga Drain gives him a solid recovery STAB to use while Scald is there for both STAB and burn hax. I don't really know why he has Fake Out when almost everybody Protects against him on the 1st turn, so I've been thinking about replacing it with Ice Beam to cover the Zapdos weakness and give me something to use against Dragons. The Absorb Bulb lets him take advantage of stray Surfs for a power boost.

Metagross__Normal_Coloration_by_Xous54.png

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

A staple in both the OU metagame AND today's VGC metagame. Meteor Mash gives him a mighty STAB to use and can finish off Latios w/ Bullet Punch after a Meteor Mash to the face. Earthquake gives it a move to use against other Metagross and Fire types.

Well, that's the whole team for you. Don't forget to rate.

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Shoot. I looked, and I looked, and I looked.

I can't find a hole in your team. You utilize both Speed-Rooms to counter or utilize, and your Pokemon are slow enough to work as a TR and fast enough to work with Tailwind. Your team synergy is quite intact. And the movesets are quite thought out. I can't even really offer any suggestions.

All I can say is that I laughed at your little jab at Metagross, considering a.) They're so overused that your little jab is true and b.) The irony, cos you're using one.

The Togekiss strategy is quite clever, since that can work to your advantage. I see Latios is back. And Ludicolo is cool.

I'm sorry, anything intelligent I have to say is... Well. Gone. Really sweet team you've got set up here. I think you've finally found your VGC team. Man, that PM you sent me really works, huh? haha Good job!

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
I'm sort of on the same boat as Nachoe here. I've looked it up and down and left and right. Now if only I could gain such whimsical inspiration while waiting for something to complete. I'd imagine there is a counter somewhere, but nothing I can't see you overcoming with your movesets. You get the thumbs up from me.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Going to bump for PokeMaster366. It's a really good team; I don't see why no one's rating.

Just don't want this to get scooted off to the second page. It'll never see daylight again if it does. @__@

PokeMaster366

Oh well. If I'm not getting any more input, I guess all that's left to do is let this RMT die in the 2nd or 3rd page.

PokeMaster366

:( Like I said, it's hard to find any big problems with this team. I can't wait to see how well it does during Regionals!

I can't wait to see when I get the actual pokemon for it. In my opinion, the overall potential of Bulky Goodstuff is completely dependent on the skill of the trainer using it. Why do you think that so many Worlds-level players use it? Even when they use something like rain or SandStorm, there's always some trace of Bulky Goodstuff in it.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
I have a huge hole in your team. It's completely tragic. Really need to rework it for this.....

Your team is completely walled and beaten by......... Flail Magikarp!

Teasing aside. I have to agree with Nachoe. It's just not a weak team. To add to the pot, no one seems to be in the mood to rate ANYTHING anymore. Even some of the OU threads are getting neglected (very rare). Kind of thinking everyone is rated out o_O

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I can't wait to see when I get the actual pokemon for it. In my opinion, the overall potential of Bulky Goodstuff is completely dependent on the skill of the trainer using it. Why do you think that so many Worlds-level players use it? Even when they use something like rain or SandStorm, there's always some trace of Bulky Goodstuff in it.
Very good point. I'm confident that you'll do pretty well in the VGC. Have you tested this on PO yet?

It's funny. I seem to be getting more comments here than I am on Smogon for the same RMT.
O_O

What? How?? But. O___O

I have a huge hole in your team. It's completely tragic. Really need to rework it for this.....

Your team is completely walled and beaten by......... Flail Magikarp!

Teasing aside. I have to agree with Nachoe. It's just not a weak team. To add to the pot, no one seems to be in the mood to rate ANYTHING anymore. Even some of the OU threads are getting neglected (very rare). Kind of thinking everyone is rated out o_O
Definitely beware the 'Karp.

But yeah, like I told you before, people just don't want to rate teams anymore. I really don't understand it, but everyone is kind of done with rating teams. It's so sad, cos a.) I just started the whole competitive thing and it'd be really cool to learn from others, but I can't since everyone's so tight lipped now/lazy (understandably I guess). and b.) It's just sad. People don't want to talk about their teams anymore.

My current RMT saw some moderate success, but most of it was 'Too much Trick Room reliance', a flaw you know I've yet to work around cos I love that slowness, and 'replace *insert name of NU/UU Pokemon here* with 'OU Pokemon'. Which is still cool, cos it gives me options, but they were obvious flaws. No one picked out anything super problematic besides TR Dependence.

But hey, 2 for 2?

Last edited: