• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC Sunny Day Team

cakedup

I have previously tried for a VGC Sand Stall Team, but I think it might be too slow for use. My wife uses a Rain Dance Sweeper Team, therefore I will try for the other Weather ability. As always feel free to critique and reccomend replacements. I don't use legendaries as a rule, and I have the lvl 50 clause that I have to deal with.

Lead
Crobat
Taunt
Cross Poison
Sunny Day
U-Turn
Heat Rock
Jolly
252 HP/252 Spe/4 Atk

One of the fastest taunt users and has U-Turn from repeated use. I thought about using Roost, but it just doesn't have the defensive typing. Cross Poison is the reliable STAB for anything that doesn't resist it. I think Heat Wave might be a good idea as well. One of two critters that do not like Stealth Rock.

Revenge Killer
Typhlosion
Eruption
ThunderPunch
Earthquake
Heat Wave
Choice Scarf
Mild
252 SpA/144 At/112 Spe

Having this set up I can Erupt for massive damage and continue even harder when Sunny Day is up. Switch out later for a revenge kill with the other moves.

Sunny Beamer Sweeper
Tangrowth w/Chlorophyl
Solar Beam
Ancient Power
Sunny Day
Sleep Powder
Petaya Berry
Timid
252 HP/200 SpA/56 Spe

Chlorophyl Sunny Beamer that can put an opponent to sleep. Fairly effective against physical threats. Ancient Power hits 4/5 weakness hard. The item choice is up in the air.

Supporter/Boost
Cherrim
Helping Hand
Protect
Sunny Day
Substitute
Leftovers
Calm
252 HP/252 SpD/4 SpA

This is a gimmick set from hell. However the boosts from Flower Gift and Helping hand will greatly beat the opponent into submission. The only goal in the moveset is to survive and support. Works well with Eruption on Typhlosion.

Infernape
Blaze Kick
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Life Orb
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Spe/4 HP

Standard Physical Ape. Up in the air for Blaze Kick or Fire Punch. Appreciates the boost from Flower Gift more than some others on this team.

Special Tank
Rotom-H
Overheat
Sunny Day
Thunderbolt
Will-o-Wisp
???????
Modest
252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpA

I really don't like this pokemon, but the earthquake resistance is too useful. The ability to handle water types is also a plus. I just don't know if it is worth my time.

I know that I will probably receive some kind of flack about either Typhlosion or Cherrim. However I am open to suggestions. Thank you for your time and reading my post.

pkmaniac Nani

Pokemon researcher
If your going on VGC I think your forgeting one thing: it's double battle. Your strategy is a bit slow (as you mentioned), and it's single battle style: u-turn and substitute are single battle moves. Focus on combo moves [like belly drum and psych up] or super stabs [like blizard or earthquake]. Anyway, this is just my opinion.

btw isn't rotom banned from the competition?

peace :D

A 4th Gen team belongs in the 4th Gen CRMT, not 3rd Gen.

*moves*