• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC team

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
This is a rain team that I may be using for the VGC this year. Wondering who can use taunt.

;291;Ninjask@Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Lonely (+Atk -Def)
6 hp/252 atk/252 spd
-Protect
-Baton pass
-Swords Dance
-X scissor

Since its only 4 vs 4 I don't see any suicide leads, so all I can see leading are: a battler, a phazer, priority user. Since I have protect it's easy to scout priority users/phazers (there aren't many phazers in ubers anyway) and switch if needed. If I'm facing a plain battler/sweeper then I can easily pass +3 spd and +2 atk. X-scissor is useful because of all the psychics in ubers. (such as mewtwo) This set can make short work of them and then baton pass.

;382;Kyogre@Choice scarf
Drizzle
Modest (+sp.atk -atk)
252sp.atk/252 spd./6hp
-Water spout
-Ancient power
-Thunder
-Ice beam

Actually, now that I look at it, isn't this kyogre the same as Skarmbliss' kyogre? Well anyway, kyogre brings in the rain, and is a fast attacker/revenger. Until I meet an advanced player, this kyogre will be able to ensure wins against anyone not prepared for it.
Would having both my main offensive pokemon choiced be overkill though?

;483;Dialga@Choice Specs
Pressure
Timid (+speed -atk)
252sp.atk/252spd/6 hp
-Thunder
-Dragon pulse
-Ice Beam
-Aura Sphere

Provides grass and electric resistance for kyogre, and is good for coverage. Actually, since its timid, maybe a scarf would be better?

;376;Metagross@Shuca Berry/Life orb
Clear body
Adamant (+atk -sp.atk)
252hp/252atk/6 sp.def
-Bullet punch
-Explosion
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake

Great baton pass reciever. If I get a full ninjask pass to this thing, its pretty scary to stop. Shuca berry makes no weakness for Metagross and will hopefully allow me to survive that extra earth power to explode.

;242;Blissey@leftovers
Natural Cure
Impish (+def -sp.atk)
252hp/252def/6 sp.def
-Protect
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Counter/Icy wind

Counterbliss is fun. Normally this blissey could be set up bait, but in doubles where I have someone else to attack this set works out well. Counter is there to surprise any physical attacker thinking they can break blissey and toxic ensures a kill against anything that isn't steel or poison.(which is what metagross is for)

;230; Kingdra@Life orb
Swift Swim
Quirky (No changes)
76atk/180spd/252 sp.atk
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Hydro Pump/Surf

Another one that's scary if it receives a ninjask baton pass. It is faster than basically everything in rain except for Deoxys-S and has potential to make a very powerful sweeper.

Last edited:

wichu

Your team looks Trick Room weak. I can't see anything there that can stop your opponent setting up Trick Room, then using your speed to their advantage.

Also, Shedinja single-handedly beats everything there.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Your team looks Trick Room weak. I can't see anything there that can stop your opponent setting up Trick Room, then using your speed to their advantage.

I object! Blissey can poison it but in all other cases you're right (person I am quoting).

;242;Power is nice but you need a lot more defense than this. Blissey is not the one who is typically using Counter and poisoning the foe. A support set would work with Heal Bell. Give it Leftovers.
;291;I like Ninjask but I prefer Bug Bite over X-scissor because there is a chance the foe has a pinch berry you can Baton Pass over or just thieve the foe of their berry. Strategy over power, take your pick.
;483;I despise your Dialga. In case you can get a new one, go with a more defensive set with Roar and Stealth Rock maybe even Bulk Up with Leftovers (hope they do not use item clause). Aside from that, switch Dragon Pulse with Draco Meteor if your still using a sweeper. Since the EVs you gave us make it so flimsey give it a Choice Scarf if your going with a sweeper set.
;382;Kyogre is fine just I like a Calm nature over Modest for more bulk. Leftovers are nice here too(hope they do not use item clause) but if not go with a Lum Berry.
;230;Kingdra is nice too, a Life Orb is recommended. Nothing else.
;376;Leftovers once again (if there is no item clause). It could be a nice screen support (boosted by Light Clay) but you do not have the defense it seems. Stealth Rock does nicely even with your lack of defensive EVs. Scrap Meteor Mash if you decide to change one of its moves. Trick + Choice Scarf is also something to look into. If item clause is in effect and you decide to have only offensive moves, go with a Choice Band. Pursuit works nicely as well.

Last edited:

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer

Hmm, maybe I should have a taunt user?Who looks like they could be a good taunt user?
And shedninja will get toxic from blissey unless Focus sash protects against poison too.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
;242;Power is nice but you need a lot more defense than this. Blissey is not the one who is typically using Counter and poisoning the foe. A support set would work with Heal Bell. Give it Leftovers.
;291;I like Ninjask but I prefer Bug Bite over X-scissor because there is a chance the foe has a pinch berry you can Baton Pass over or just thieve the foe of their berry. Strategy over power, take your pick.
;483;I despise your Dialga. In case you can get a new one, go with a more defensive set with Roar and Stealth Rock maybe even Bulk Up with Leftovers (hope they do not use item clause). Aside from that, switch Dragon Pulse with Draco Meteor if your still using a sweeper. Since the EVs you gave us make it so flimsey give it a Choice Scarf if your going with a sweeper set.
;382;Kyogre is fine just I like a Calm nature over Modest for more bulk. Leftovers are nice here too(hope they do not use item clause) but if not go with a Lum Berry.
;230;Kingdra is nice too, a Life Orb is recommended. Nothing else.
;376;Leftovers once again (if there is no item clause). It could be a nice screen support (boosted by Light Clay) but you do not have the defense it seems. Stealth Rock does nicely even with your lack of defensive EVs. Scrap Meteor Mash if you decide to change one of its moves. Trick + Choice Scarf is also something to look into. If item clause is in effect and you decide to have only offensive moves, go with a Choice Band. Pursuit works nicely as well.

Alright, I recently started making this team so, I made a few edits. By the way, there is item clause.

;242; What do you mean by more defense? It's max defense, unless you mean sp.def? I am considering getting rid of counter for icy wind, but I like toxic stall, because in my tests I have been able to stall out ubers pretty easily. (Even when paralyzed.) O.k. I'll go w/leftovers.
;291;I guess bug bite may work, but I would lose a OHKO on bulky Mewtwo. And if Ninjask can't kill mewtwo, it could be a problem.
;483; SR is pointless when there are only 4 pokemon out in a battle anyway. (possibly only 2 switches) I like choice specs for the OHKO on kyogre and other nuisances, but I'll try a choice scarf.
;382;I would have used calm too, but I was getting tired of catching him over and over again. What would a lum berry be for? (I have sleep talk)
;230; I changed my Kingdra to a quirky mixed attacker, and added a life orb. Hope that you'll give suggestions on the new one.
;376;Thanks, my Metagross has been a bit lacking so far so I'll try a band. Tricking scarf is annoying sometimes, but many times I've been tricked and it actually helped me, so I need to think about it.

Yeti

Banned
Roar/entry hazards in VGC is like asking your opponent to laugh in your face while they win.
It doesn't do a shred of good.

Could people who don't understand the VGC metagame not rate VGC teams??

There is an item clause.
There is also a style of 4v4 doubles, meaning wasting time setting things up is going to spell 'gg'.

Trick Room does clobber this team.
Anything with Fake Out can lol @ Ninjask and kill it before it can Swords Dance and Baton Pass.
Anything that hits both Pokemon can kill it before it can SD.

Surf is a bad combo with that because if they Fake Out Ogre, you just wasted a turn protecting that you now can't get back.

I've never seen a Blissey used, probably because it is kind of punked in VGC.

Restalk on Ogre is a waste of moves. You don't have the time to Rest and hope Sleep Talk hits the right opponent. If you want to leave your match to luck and hope you draw the right move on the right target, go ahead.
Protect is much more useful.

Protect should be on everything not Choiced if you're using Meta and exploding.

Defensive Dialga is pointless in VGC. Trick Room Dialga (which will rape your team due to Ninjask/Kingdra) or Specs Dialga are the only ones really used.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Trick Room does clobber this team.
Anything with Fake Out can lol @ Ninjask and kill it before it can Swords Dance and Baton Pass. Anything that hits both Pokemon can kill it before it can SD.

Hmm, so should I add a slow pokemon into the team, or taunt? Fake out can't hit through protect, although it does get kinda annoying if they switch and then come back, right after I protect. That takes a lot of prediction, but on PBR today I met this guy who was perfect at it.

Surf is a bad combo with that because if they Fake Out Ogre, you just wasted a turn protecting that you now can't get back.
Restalk on Ogre is a waste of moves. You don't have the time to Rest and hope Sleep Talk hits the right opponent. If you want to leave your match to luck and hope you draw the right move on the right target, go ahead. Protect is much more useful.

I replaced surf w/water spout, maybe a Scarf Ogre would be better?

I've never seen a Blissey used, probably because it is kind of punked in VGC.
Blissey saved me a bunch of times against uber teams, so I think I'll keep her.

Protect should be on everything not Choiced if you're using Meta and exploding.

O.k. I'll add some protect.

Defensive Dialga is pointless in VGC. Trick Room Dialga (which will rape your team due to Ninjask/Kingdra) or Specs Dialga are the only ones really used.

So does my specs Dialga look alright, or should it be something else? Maybe if I see a suspected trick room team I'll just leave Ninjask and Kingdra out?

making more edits...

Noxe

Veteran Trainer
Aside from obvious TR weakness although I don't know how many there will be, scarf tina and scarf dos leads will laugh at this team.

Tina will outspeed ogre and use SF to avoid the spout while its partner either uses fake out on you, or protects.

Scarf dos will crap all over your jask(unless you protect) and kyogre and if theres a scarfed dos, theres probably a groudon with it giving his team weather. Not to mention quakes for your dialga while it switches in.

Dialga and Kingdra for the most part can hold thier own when it comes to speed.(especially since kingdra will probably have rain) I suggest you replace jask with a better lead, maybe a flincher for leads that might be faster than yours or a priority user.(although you wouldn't be able to flinch tina)

Dialga looks ok. Should probably go with aura sphere since your team lacks a fighting move, and in a sandstorm, youd want that 4x against TTar.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Aside from obvious TR weakness although I don't know how many there will be, scarf tina and scarf dos leads will laugh at this team.

Tina will outspeed ogre and use SF to avoid the spout while its partner either uses fake out on you, or protects.

Scarf dos will crap all over your jask(unless you protect) and kyogre and if theres a scarfed dos, theres probably a groudon with it giving his team weather. Not to mention quakes for your dialga while it switches in.

Dialga and Kingdra for the most part can hold thier own when it comes to speed.(especially since kingdra will probably have rain) I suggest you replace jask with a better lead, maybe a flincher for leads that might be faster than yours or a priority user.(although you wouldn't be able to flinch tina)

Dialga looks ok. Should probably go with aura sphere since your team lacks a fighting move, and in a sandstorm, youd want that 4x against TTar.

Perhaps this question is noobish, but what does "dos" stand for? Scarf gyrados? Zapdos?

Well, is I get rid of ninjask, who's going to take care of mewtwo, latios, latias, and all the other pokmeon that are hit hard by bug? I like having an assured backup against them.

I've actually been thinking of adding a mewtwo to this team, what do you think?