• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VGC16 RMT for glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

REMARCABLE

My first RMT here on Serebii, this ought to be a jol right?

I wanna hear some opinions of my team, feel it could really do with a touch up.

Dialga @ Shuca Berry

Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature

- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Protect

Pretty much a legendary I wanted to use when the new rules were announced, found it was a decent answer to Xerneas, Rayquaza and even decently handles Primal Groudon
Even if P-Don runs 252 HP and 252 SpD (I know it won't but for arguments sake
Earth Power always 2HKOs as long as they don't run those EVs AND a +SpD nature

Shuca Berry ensures Precipice or EQ don't one shot so it's pretty bulky

Flash Cannon for secondary STAB and fairies
Draco Meteor as a nuke, it OHKOs Salamence, Rayquaza which is what I feared the most in VGC

Groudon @ Red Orb

Ability: Drought/ Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 20 Def / 136 SpD
Brave

- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Protect

Obligatory Groudon, the EVs focus on a bit of bulk but at the same same some attack

Fire Punch because Fire STAB in Desolate Land
Thunder Punch however is to hit Water types and Primal Kyogre if I predict the switch
Precipice Blades because it's Primal Groudon, though I did consider EQ for the accuracy but the power drop is noticable

Salamence @ Salamencite

Ability: Intimidate/Aerilate
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Speed
Naïve

- Double Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

One of the most dangerous Megas by far, I always am scared by Salamence because it can be either physical, special or both, and until I know which one it is it’s too late so I thought I’d use it too.
This thing is THE answer to Mega Rayquaza, it’s faster and hits hard enough to OHKO so I chose it as my mega for this reason
Double Edge and Hyper Voice to hit really hard and Draco Meteor to hit the hardest
Intimidate also helps a lot

Conkeldurr @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Guts
EVs: 20HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD
Adamant

- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Wide Guard

Conkeldurr used to be a staple on my team back when it has it’s trust Assault Vest but with the arrival of Xerneas, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and even Mewtwo, his keen sense of fashion has gone out of style

But that’s not to say he is totally useless, I decided since his bulk is not so bulky by todays standard of bulkitude, he can at least help against moves like Rock Slide, Hyper Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Earthquake, Origin Pulse and Precipice Blades rather well, that is the reason for Wide Guard

Ice Punch is for Landorus T, Salamence and Rayquaza
Drain Punch for a strong way to deal damage to things like Kyogre
Knock Off because it’s okay I guess

Landorus T @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP /252 Speed
Adamant

- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Superpower

A common staple in VGC, this is a pretty standard Landorus T set, U-Turn for pivoting

Earthquake for the strongest damage Landorus can really achieve in its typing and deals with Primal Groudon
Rock Slide for flinches and Superpower for Mega Kangaskhan
Intimidate works really well with Salamence as well, double intimidate shuts physical Pokemon down a lot.

Thundurus @ Expert Belt
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Timid

- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power-Ice
- Thunderbolt

Also a common staple in VGC, Taunt shuts down Geomancy, Thunderwave can cripple Mega Ray or anything really that needs to be slowed, Thunderbolt handles Primal Kyogre pretty well and HP Ice for Landorus, Ray, Salamence etc

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hey there! :)

I've got some experience with VGC so hopefully you can find some help from my suggestions :)

I see outside of the frail Thundurus that you have no speed control. Have you considered a tailwind user? Talonflame/Whimsicot etc. I mean, if your opponent manages to get tailwind it will make the job of this team much more difficult. Your team seems a bit contradictory to me. You have some speedy mons who would benefit from tailwind meshed together with almost trick room type mons.

483.png

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Protect
Pretty much a legendary I wanted to use when the new rules were announced, found it was a decent answer to Xerneas, Rayquaza and even decently handles Primal Groudon
Even if P-Don runs 252 HP and 252 SpD (I know it won't but for arguments sake
Earth Power always 2HKOs as long as they don't run those EVs AND a +SpD nature

Shuca Berry ensures Precipice or EQ don't one shot so it's pretty bulky

Flash Cannon for secondary STAB and fairies
Draco Meteor as a nuke, it OHKOs Salamence, Rayquaza which is what I feared the most in VGC

I like this. Don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, you could run trick room on it and switch the natures up. But it's up to you. I don't have much experience with Dialga myself, sorry!

383.png

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought/ Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 20 Def / 136 SpD
Brave
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Protect

Obligatory Groudon, the EVs focus on a bit of bulk but at the same same some attack

Fire Punch because Fire STAB in Desolate Land
Thunder Punch however is to hit Water types and Primal Kyogre if I predict the switch
Precipice Blades because it's Primal Groudon, though I did consider EQ for the accuracy but the power drop is noticable

Erm. I've run a brave variant myself. It's pretty nice.... in trick room. The problem with this is variant for your team is that it's pretty much always outsped by every other Primal G variant out there.
It's nice and bulky though. The Fire STAB is nice. Thunder punch i've never seen personally used on it before. The only problem I see in your case for catching Kyogre on the switch. Is that T-Punch is a 2HOKO. On pretty much all variants. And on the next turn I'm pretty sure that Primal K will outspeed and OHKO you with a STAB Water move of it's own.
Precipice blades vs EQ is a personal choice though :)
I see a lot of special Groudon's running Earth Power. In fact it's the set I prefer. I see with your EV spread that a Modest 252 Special Attack Primal G has a 12.5% to OHKO you with Earth Power. Did you EV your Primal G specifically for that purpose?

Precipice blades is a 2OHKO on Modest minimum defensive investment Groudon.

373.png

Salamence @ Salamencite

Ability: Intimidate/Aerilate
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Speed
Naïve

- Double Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

One of the most dangerous Megas by far, I always am scared by Salamence because it can be either physical, special or both, and until I know which one it is it’s too late so I thought I’d use it too.
This thing is THE answer to Mega Rayquaza, it’s faster and hits hard enough to OHKO so I chose it as my mega for this reason
Double Edge and Hyper Voice to hit really hard and Draco Meteor to hit the hardest
Intimidate also helps a lot

Again. Pretty standard set. Really :)

534.png

Conkeldurr @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Guts
EVs: 20HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD
Adamant
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Wide Guard
Conkeldurr used to be a staple on my team back when it has it’s trust Assault Vest but with the arrival of Xerneas, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and even Mewtwo, his keen sense of fashion has gone out of style

But that’s not to say he is totally useless, I decided since his bulk is not so bulky by todays standard of bulkitude, he can at least help against moves like Rock Slide, Hyper Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Earthquake, Origin Pulse and Precipice Blades rather well, that is the reason for Wide Guard

Ice Punch is for Landorus T, Salamence and Rayquaza
Drain Punch for a strong way to deal damage to things like Kyogre
Knock Off because it’s okay I guess

This is really interesting :) Kudos to you for using it. I use Wide Guard Conke in VGC15 and WiFi doubles. It's definitely a nice choice. Ice punch, nice + :)
The only problem I really see with this set is the speed issue. I'm sorry to keep going on about that. I'll sum it up at the end of this post.
Have you considered Mach Punch for the likes of Dark Void Smeargle? OHKO's the scarf variant and gives a little nice priority. But outside of that, it's your call really.

645-therian.png

Landorus T @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP /252 Speed
Adamant

- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Superpower
A common staple in VGC, this is a pretty standard Landorus T set, U-Turn for pivoting

Earthquake for the strongest damage Landorus can really achieve in its typing and deals with Primal Groudon
Rock Slide for flinches and Superpower for Mega Kangaskhan
Intimidate works really well with Salamence as well, double intimidate shuts physical Pokemon down a lot.
It's nice. Used it and can't really fault it tbh. :)

642.png

Thundurus @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Timid
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power-Ice
- Thunderbolt
Also a common staple in VGC, Taunt shuts down Geomancy, Thunderwave can cripple Mega Ray or anything really that needs to be slowed, Thunderbolt handles Primal Kyogre pretty well and HP Ice for Landorus, Ray, Salamence etc

Ok. First off. Wouldn't a sash be better? Focus Sash I mean. It would allow it to stay around a little longer. Other than that. it's pretty much the Thundurus I ran throughout VGC15/16.

Now. I know, I've been going on about speed.

Your team is all offense. Which is great in this hyper offence meta. However you have next to no support besides T-Wave/Wide Guard. And a lot of Kyogre's / Xerneas's are running Scald/Moonblast respectively specifically to bypass wide guard users. Both of which would dent Conke a fair bit. Not to mention the burn! Yeah, I know. Guts. But considering you'll pretty much always be going second with Conke. That's a heck of a lot of damage to be taking each turn + burn residual at the end... :/
+ Primal G will almost always be going last against anything. And while it is bulky. It doesn't enjoy taking repeated powerful hits. Even if they are resisted.

You don't have Trick room which would benefit Dialga/Conke/Primal G ecspecially. And on the other hand you don't have tailwind. Which would really help Thundy/Mence/Lando T. Well Lando T not so much except against other scarf users/mirror matches.

You have no redirection. Which again is helpful. If situational. Something me and my friends learned at the start of this format, is that it is much more helpful if you have some way to control the weather wars besides switching. Cos let me tell you, a wrong switch ends games! A worry seed user/Roleplay user would really benefit you IMO. Just something to think about.

I think finding what you want the team to do (if you know already then ignore me) would be helpful.

Last edited:

EKZ1505

The problem with your strategy against Xerneas and P-Groudon is that you are so slow. Xerneas (if they run Geomancy, which almost every one does) is going to get to +2 SpDef before you can hit it, and that's without factoring in Fake Out support, redirection, or Dark Void spam. Almost every Xerneas team has at least one of those to help it set up, especially the extremely common big 6 teams. P-Groudon will also outspeed you. They'll either be fast and be able to get off two P-blades or Earth Powers before you can get off two Earth Powers of your own, or they'll be Brave with a 0 speed IV and run Trick Room (and often have Gravity+Swords Dance).

I really think you should just run Trick Room on Dialga. Unfortunately the Telepathy Dialga is locked into a Modest nature, but you can still try to get as low a speed IV as possible. With M-Mence, your own Groudon, and Landorus-T, you already have plenty of things to hit opposing Groudons, so I don't think Earth Power is necessary. I've seen more people run Dragon Pulse as well, so that your Dialga doesn't become dead weight after using Draco Meteor, but it is still nice to have that nuke if you choose to keep it. Shuca Berry is definitely fine as it makes Dialga nearly impossible to take out in one or two hits, but if you add Trick Room you may find that you want Mental Herb or Lum Berry. You can also just run 252HP and 4Def if you want. Hazards are non-existent in VGC so even/odd HP stats only matter if you have a Sitrus Berry (in which case you want an even stat).

What do your Groudon's EVs do, and why Brave nature if you aren't running Trick Room? Defense EVs are generally a waste since that stat is already so high. I don't think Thunder Punch is really worth it since P-blades hits everything harder, and rock moves are better for flying types, but since you don't have Gravity support currently it is nice to have an accurate move. If you're sticking with a slow Groudon you should really run Trick Room like I suggested with Dialga.

Mence looks good, but I would just go max SpAtk and 4Atk. Most of the time you'll be spamming Hyper Voice or getting a Draco nuke off, and you won't miss out on any OHKOs with Double Edge. And every opposing Mence you'll see will be mixed. There aren't any physical-only Mences anymore.

What does Conk's spread do? It's actually wasting 4EVs in attack. 244EVs is the same as 248. Anything divisible by 8 is wasting 4EVs if you have a perfect IV. Wide Guard is AMAZING in this format, but Conk is another Pokemon that could be great under Trick Room. Knock Off has less utility than the last couple years since the Orbs can't be Knocked Off (and you are slower than something like Xerneas so you can't get rid of their Power Herb), and your team has no priority attacks, so Mach Punch could be something to consider, especially for Smeargle.

Honestly Scarf Lando-T is awful this year. Trick Room is just wayyyyyy too common and there's a lot of Tailwind and some Quash users as well. Choice Band is the most common item (with a Jolly nature, so you can outspeed the primals), but something like Assault Vest is solid too. One common strategy is to use Choice Band Explosion next to your Telepathy Dialga as it sets up Trick Room, and then you get a free switch in to your Groudon to sweep (while Explosion has likely taken out 1 or 2 Pokemon). If sacrificing a Pokemon, even if it potentially puts you in a great position to sweep, isn't ideal, your moveset is probably pretty good.

If you want an offensive Thundurus, you should just go Life Orb, but Focus Sash is something I've found very useful. Protect might be necessary as well so you can handle Smeargle with Fake Out support better. If I had to replace one move I would actually go with HP Ice, unless opposing Landorus really give you that much trouble (you have Mence covered with your Dialga and your own Mence too. Not every Mence runs Draco Meteor, so even if you lose the speed tie you should be ok, but you can T-Wave it as well).

I agree with Regi_Rocks that you need a 2nd form of speed control. Like I keep saying, I think Trick Room could be great since Dialga, Groudon, and Conk could all do well, while you still have a nice fast mode with the other 3 if Trick Room wouldn't be ideal. Mence actually often runs Tailwind, but you would have to replace a move that you may not want to. Whimsicott is a surprise Pokemon for Trick Room (but since it has "priority," it actually goes before Roar and Whirlwind if your opponent uses that to counter TR) that can still be useful with things like Prankster Encore and Worry Seed under TR, and it gets Tailwind as well.

What I would do with this team is actually replace Thundurus with a 2nd TR setter, preferably one with Levitate. Cresselia is great, and Bronzong has really been popular with how effective it is. Musharna has actually been decent with TR/Gravity/Hypnosis/Psychic, and it gets Telepathy too if you want to use a non-Telepathy Dialga with a Quiet nature.

I would give Dialga Trick Room and either Lum Berry or Mental Herb, and the 2nd TR setter the other item. This gives you options to set up Trick Room against both Taunters and Smeargle or Spore users. Then you have options among your 2 TR users to set up Safeguard against Smeargle or Amoongus, set up Gravity to ensure P-blades doesn't miss (Groudon with Swords Dance and then Gravity is terrifying), use Skill Swap to keep your weather up and potentially give Groudon Levitate, etc. A Pokemon with Fake Out can help with this even more, but it's not always necessary.

Last edited:

REMARCABLE

First off thank you both for the reading material, i'd address it all but I am at work so might take some time

The gist I guess would be my lack of speed control both for speed on the fast mons and ones on the weaker mons

In which case I was thinking about Whimsicott running both TR and Tailwind

I have a bunch of moves I really think would work but it's now a case of four move slot syndrome

Trick Room
Tailwind
Encore
Worry Seed
Taunt
Helping Hand

But at the same time maybe I need to add one offensive move in Moonblast

Alternatively I can make it purely support and bulky but I am not sure

What are your opinions in a speed control Whimsy?

Otherwise it could be a purely support

EDIT:
This is what I was thinking of doing

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Speed
Timid

- Trick Room/Tailwind
- Taunt/Protect
- Encore
- Worry Seed

The given EVs and Yache Berry ensures even a 252 SpA Modest Kyogre's Ice Beam will 2HKO

The Speed EVs and a Timid nature ensure that I will outspeed a Timid 252 Speed Thundurus by one point so my Prankster will be faster I can get a Taunt on it before it can get a Taunt on me

Taunt will also be helpful against Smeargle and Xerneas even when bringing Whimsicott
Encore can be good to force switches but is situational
and Worry Seed for Weather control

Other slot is a toss up between TR or Tailwind but I am leaning towards TR for better speed control

Last edited:

EKZ1505

I've never seen Yache Berry used on Whimsicott honestly. Typically they are Focus Sash, which makes an Ice Beam a guaranteed 2HKO anyway if the Sash is intact. Feel free to test Yache, but it seems pretty situational. Speed looks good on it, but Taunt and Worry Seed fill a similar role for your team. Unless you are worried about an Amoongus or Smeargle having Mental Herb (typically they don't), you can just Taunt them. Worry Seed is nice to screw with M-Kangaskhan, etc. and to make your partner immune to sleep (and Amoongus then can't put either Pokemon to sleep since Whimsicott is grass type), but has less effectiveness in changing the weather since you're running Groudon and not Kyogre (Groudon can use P-blades even in the rain). The only situation I see Worry Seed coming in handy for weather control is against opposing Skill Swap Pokemon attempting to reset the rain (Edit: I guess also if you need to hit something with a fire move that badly), but again, you can just Taunt unless you fear Mental Herb.

Encore is pretty awesome to lock the opponent into Fake Out or Protect, and still can be useful under TR despite Whimsicott's speed. Which Pokemon are you thinking of replacing, and are there any other team adjustments? What you decide to do elsewhere, and who you are replacing will probably determine what 4 moves are best for Whimsicott and whether you need an attacking move or not.

Last edited:

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I would just like to add. That I use Whimsicott sometimes :)

Always give it the mental herb item though. Since I never run attacks on it. I go for

547.png

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
252HP/252Speed/4 Def.
-Tailwind
-Taunt
-Worry Seed
-Encore

It's pretty self explanatory and does it's job well in my experience. I mean. If you wanted to keep Thundurus. I would give that a sash. It would help it stick around. Although it is frail with Whimisi. So be careful.
I wouldn't give it a Yache berry. As very few Ice Beams are around in this format. The odd HP ice too. But it's not nearly as prevelant as last year. + It doesn't help against Airelate or the occasional Talonflame. (yes they are out there )

You could try out a Sashed Gengar for fast trick room I guess. But i've never used that tbh.

I also forgot to say. Why don't (if you intend on keeping Lando) give it gravity?

Also. I put pictures in my replies to stop it being a big wall'o text.

Last edited:

REMARCABLE

So I am thinking Conk is really gonna suffer since I barely use him anymore, he just doesn't take hits as well as he used to so he might be dropped for Whimsicott :(

I definitely feel as though Worry Seed is essential, mainly so I can cripple Kyogre and Rayquaza's weather, as well as punish Mega Mence and Mega Khan

Maybe I'll go for Encore

Debating whether to go for Taunt if I have Thundurus but having 2 Taunters isn't a problem per say right?

But I am wondering do I go Trick Room AND Tailwind or one or the other just to play mind games?

What is everyone's opinion of that Whimsicott set that may replace Conk?

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
So I am thinking Conk is really gonna suffer since I barely use him anymore, he just doesn't take hits as well as he used to so he might be dropped for Whimsicott :(

Well I do applaud you for giving Conke a go. It's just it's typing/speed and the the fact a lot of Pokes are running single target attacks to circumvent wide guard. (The reason your using him) It makes running it very difficult. If you want the challenge then do continue to use him. I mean he does have his plus points.

However. Personally. In this format. I prefer Ageislash for my wide guard user. It's a lot more forgiving in a wide guard user then say Conke.

Although, I have used special Torterra as well. But I digress.

I definitely feel as though Worry Seed is essential, mainly so I can cripple Kyogre and Rayquaza's weather, as well as punish Mega Mence and Mega Khan

Maybe I'll go for Encore

Debating whether to go for Taunt if I have Thundurus but having 2 Taunters isn't a problem per say right?

Worry seed has (from personal experience) been fantastic in this format. But then, you should play around with it and see what you think. :) It really punishes the 3 Hoenn legends. But it gets nice usage against the other threats. Moody Dark Voiding Smeargle for instance.

You don't (theoretically) need an attack. Throwing all your EV's into speed/defences/ HP means that if you do give it an attack, it won't be doing much damage. Even with a good type match up. But then, that's IMO :p

Encore is awesome against protecting mons/fake out. Well EKZ outlined this in his post :)

Well replacing Conke is kinda a good idea. That doesn't mean you have to abandon having wide guard. You could find another wide guard user :)

Last edited:

REMARCABLE

Well I do applaud you for giving Conke a go. It's just it's typing/speed and the the fact a lot of Pokes are running single target attacks to circumvent wide guard. (The reason your using him) It makes running it very difficult. If you want the challenge then do continue to use him. I mean he does have his plus points.

However. Personally. In this format. I prefer Ageislash for my wide guard user. It's a lot more forgiving in a wide guard user then say Conke.

Although, I have used special Torterra as well. But I digress.

Worry seed has (from personal experience) been fantastic in this format. But then, you should play around with it and see what you think. :) It really punishes the 3 Hoenn legends. But it gets nice usage against the other threats. Moody Dark Voiding Smeargle for instance.

You don't (theoretically) need an attack. Throwing all your EV's into speed/defences/ HP means that if you do give it an attack, it won't be doing much damage. Even with a good type match up. But then, that's IMO :p

Encore is awesome against protecting mons/fake out. Well EKZ outlined this in his post :)

Well replacing Conke is kinda a good idea. That doesn't mean you have to abandon having wide guard. You could find another wide guard user :)

Conk was fantastic and the cornerstone of my team last year, he sponged many a Scald even in rain from Politoed, Ludicolo and Suicune and lived to retaliate with a powerful Guts boosted Drain Punch

He even could survived Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice
He however could not live against Mega Mence's Double Edge and not there are Pokemon waaay to strong that I think even an Assault Vested Conk cannot withstand, Mega Mence is more rampant, Mega Ray's Dragon Ascent absolutely demolishes him, he will not even stand a chance to Primal Kyogre's Water Spout, Xerneas can easily set up on him and destroy him with Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast, Talonflame Brave Bird etc...

He just isn't what he used to be which is a shame because he brought some originality to my team by VGC standards but he just isn't as good anymore.

I'll genuinely feel regret if I have to drop him, i'll breed for a Whimsicott, and get back to you guys about what set I chose and whether it brings my team some positive changes.

EKZ1505

I still don't see how Worry Seed helps you with the weather war. Even if you lose the weather war to a Kyogre, using Worry Seed on a Kyogre doesn't get rid of its ability to use water moves, meaning your slow Groudon is still going to get OHKOed. You do decrease its damage output, but the moves will still be coming off that massive SpAtk stat and most of your team won't like taking that hit.

Dual Taunt users is not a bad thing, but you have to play it right since they aren't putting on much offensive pressure. I still think Trick Room would be fantastic on this team if you make the right changes.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I still don't see how Worry Seed helps you with the weather war. Even if you lose the weather war to a Kyogre, using Worry Seed on a Kyogre doesn't get rid of its ability to use water moves, meaning your slow Groudon is still going to get OHKOed. You do decrease its damage output, but the moves will still be coming off that massive SpAtk stat and most of your team won't like taking that hit.

Dual Taunt users is not a bad thing, but you have to play it right since they aren't putting on much offensive pressure. I still think Trick Room would be fantastic on this team if you make the right changes.

Worry seed is better against Kyogre when it's one of the last two Pokemon on your opponents team and unable to switch to get it's weather back. It does have it's uses. And it usually helps Primal G if your opponent switches into Kyogre with Desolate Land up. Situational I'd say.

You could give Trick room to Dialga. or just opt for a dedicated Trick room setter altogether :3

REMARCABLE

So about TR, I'll look into that but question is what do I use to get it set up and what will I have to drop?

Alternatively I was thinking about another thing but I think it might be suicide for my team if I drop Groudon for Palkia

EKZ1505

I still don't see how Worry Seed helps this team win the weather war. Getting rid of Primordial Sea does not reset the sun, so water moves can still be used since there are no weather effects at all.

For Trick Room, I think my initial post detailed a lot. For what you have currently, Dialga is very good at setting it up, and although Whimsicott isn't the best at it, it can still be decent in the right situation and provide other support with the moves you've listed (though Grass Knot may arguably be better than Moonblast if you want an attack). Why do you want to drop Groudon for a Palkia?

Status
Not open for further replies.