• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta & Genesect

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
These were the special mythical Pokemon of Generation 5 that could only be gotten from events. Did you manage to get any or all of these mythical Pokemon? Which one was your favorite?

I got all 4 of them and my favorite Generation 5 mythical was Genesect because of its Drive upgrades.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I managed to get all the Mythical Pokemon that were introduced in Gen V, but I don't have a favorite among them. I think that Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect look below average and none of them strikes me as interesting or unique, but I suppose that Victini at least fits the cute Mythical trend started by Mew well enough.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like Victini and Genesect, Meloetta is average, and I heavily dislike Keldeo.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I was very upset that I missed these events as when I first got the game I was a dumb little kid and didn’t know how to get the events and here I am mad at myself for not wondering what the hell mystery gift was.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
I like Victini and Genesect, Meloetta is average, and I heavily dislike Keldeo.

Keldeo is probably my least favorite out of Gen V Mythicals, although that only goes for its standard form. I quite liked its new form in B2/W2, though. And speaking of Keldeo, I remember when it was given out via a Wi-Fi event at one point, and I changed my router's settings to public so that my friends could download it to their games.

TwilightBlade

These were the special mythical Pokemon of Generation 5 that could only be gotten from events. Did you manage to get any or all of these mythical Pokemon? Which one was your favorite?

I got them all and even unlocked the special events in the games that taught Keldeo and Meloetta new moves. I also got all the Genesect Drives too. My favourite Mythical was Meloetta because it's pretty. :]

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
I've never got to obtain any of them, sadly. I was also disappointed that only Victini had an actual in-game event leading to its capture, as the trend continues to this day. My favourite of them is Victini, as I love its movepool and Ability, Genesect is good,too, but I don't really like Meloetta nor Keldeo.

I agree about being disappointed with the lack of in-game capture events related to the other three Mythicals in Gen V. I don't understand why Game Freak decided to just abandon that concept with Victini as the sole exception.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I agree about being disappointed with the lack of in-game capture events related to the other three Mythicals in Gen V. I don't understand why Game Freak decided to just abandon that concept with Victini as the sole exception.

I think it was 'cause they were scared that players would find a way to access the mythicals via glitch like how people accessed Darkrai and Shaymin in DP using the mystery zone glitch?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I think it was 'cause they were scared that players would find a way to access the mythicals via glitch like how people accessed Darkrai and Shaymin in DP using the mystery zone glitch?

That actually might be the reason. Of course Game Freak wouldn't have had to worry about player's hypothetically exploiting glitches in B/W to get the Gen V Mythicals if they bothered to patch those theoretical glitches before releasing the games, but I can see why that might've worried them since players who exploited similar glitches in Gen IV often got stuck in the games and had to send in their cartridges to Nintendo to get them fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.