• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Video game violence?

Thats just silly. You're making just as much as an assumption as JB is. In the end gamestop employee was happy anyways since he got one more pre-order in his numbers. If the kid doesn't like the game maybe he can return it as long as he doesn't open it.
CoD makes enough money as is anyways and I'm sure getting sonic off the shelf actually works out better for them.

I am making assumptions but I'm not projecting them in a forum in which I have no right to do so. This is the point. I don't get involved in **** that doesn't concern me.

Sno its a debate, I don't need to step off, I was respectful to you in my disagreement, and expect the same in return whether we disagree or not, otherwise it's just an argument.

Remember the old adage, "It takes a village to raise a child". If we don't take part in helping one another we are the problem with our society.

If it takes a village to raise a child, then I'll get my things thanks. If I ever have a kid, people I know and respect can offer me pointers, everyone else can **** off.

The step off doesn't relate to the debate between me and you, but the theoretical situation that our resident fascist described.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I am making assumptions but I'm not projecting them in a forum in which I have no right to do so. This is the point. I don't get involved in **** that doesn't concern me.
Thats nice if you don't care but there is never anything inherently wrong with helping plus it did not screw the employee over in the end. There's nothing to be mad about.
A sale is a sale and it'll reflect well on the employee even more since it was a pre-order. Also this is an open debate man you need to learn to chill out.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Right, so you'd make the kid wait for his game? You're unbelievable. However, let's look at the reasons as to how you could have cost the company money.

1. If the gran's struggling with the concept of video games, and which is the best, the idea of pre-ordering may be lost on her too. She may opt out on the sale.

2. After you've undermined the clerks authority for no reason other than to satisfy your ego, the woman may think she's being played, and not purchase something/ not want to go the store again.

Invalid, she brought the game.

It is a perfectly fine way to do your job. Woman comes in asking for a game for her grandson, you point her towards the shoot-em-ups. She asks for something more specific, you point her towards something more specific. I wouldn't mind if you'd actually made an informative suggestion in order to help her and nothing else, but your smug pride about the clerk's frustration sums up how petty you are. You take pride in making someone's shitty job shittier. Congrats.

Too bad, maybe I shoud of ask the clerk "Y he be tho?"

Who cares how long COD has been out? Maybe he just got a 360. Maybe this is the birthday his rents say he can have shoot em-ups. Maybe his mates have all decided to get something. You don't know and it's none of your business.

Well it looks like you care.

Not really. The protagonist is very unsympathetic.

Well, sad story bro.

How can I not insult a man so petty that he believes a restaurant should ban smokers just so his own meal is more to his liking? People like you just make life less worthwhile.

Simple. If you have to ask then clearly something is wrong with you. Buy hey, smokers like you make life shorter, so we all lose in the end.

You could at least learn to spell and construct sentences.
So it is because you prefer Sonic to COD?

Don't talk. Question mark after a statement? Because that's not a proper question.

You could stop insulting people. There is a thought.

All of the above assumptions are nothing more, assumptions. You had no right to get involved based on assumptions.

Neither do the police when they get a bomb threat but hey.

You clearly dislike COD and like Sonic. No twisting of words was necessary.

I don't dislike COD, BlackOps just happens to be a lasckbuster game.

Inaccurate.

You mean just like your above statement?

So it is because you prefer Sonic to COD?

See above.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
A perfectly acceptable stance on when you have your own children. I have done it myself on a few occasions.

I don't get involved in **** that doesn't concern me.
There is good and bad in this position Sno. The good is you will reduce your chances of harm, the bad is you reduce your chances of stopping harm also. I see it as what is going wrong with our society. I personally believe evil grows when good people do nothing. So if JB and I stick our nose into a situation where an inappropriate game sold to a consumer, then we did the right thing. If the sale still happens... we still did the right thing.

Thats nice if you don't care but there is never anything inherently wrong with helping plus it did not screw the employee over in the end. There's nothing to be mad about.
A sale is a sale and it'll reflect well on the employee even more since it was a pre-order. Also this is an open debate man you need to learn to chill out.

As with many things, it was JBghfp'iehf'ehf'ieht's tone that annoyed me.

Invalid, she brought the game.

Not at all invalid if you read the second reason I posted. She bought the game btw.

Too bad, maybe I shoud of ask the clerk "Y he be tho?"

Should have. Should have. Should ****ing have. How can a 19 year old not know basic grammar? If you asked him that he would have probably just thought you were even more of a douche than he did before.

Well it looks like you care.

I care about you being a tool, not an elderly woman buying a video game for her grandson.

Well, sad story bro.

Unsympathetic does not equal sad.

Simple. If you have to ask then clearly something is wrong with you. Buy hey, smokers like you make life shorter, so we all lose in the end.

Inaccurate, again.

No, really.

Don't talk. Question mark after a statement? Because that's not a proper question.

No ****. It's almost as if I used a literary tool to further my argument.

Neither do the police when they get a bomb threat but hey.

Yeah that's right JB, you're just like the police. Jesus H.

I don't dislike COD, BlackOps just happens to be a lasckbuster game.

More evidence that it was based on game prejudice and not concern.

You mean just like your above statement?

Um, no.

See above.

Again, no. You have quite clearly expressed on more than one occasion your preference for Sonic over Black Ops.

A perfectly acceptable stance on when you have your own children. I have done it myself on a few occasions.

There is good and bad in this position Sno. The good is you will reduce your chances of harm, the bad is you reduce your chances of stopping harm also. I see it as what is going wrong with our society. I personally believe evil grows when good people do nothing. So if JB and I stick our nose into a situation where an inappropriate game sold to a consumer, then we did the right thing. If the sale still happens... we still did the right thing.

Yes but it's the size of the issue that's the thing here. If I see someone being mugged, I'd attempt to do something. If I made someone's shitty job that bit more shittier just because I'm a petty tool, I wouldn't be achieving anything.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Should have. Should have. Should ****ing have. How can a 19 year old not know basic grammar? If you asked him that he would have probably just thought you were even more of a douche than he did before.

That's nice.

I care about you being a tool, not an elderly woman buying a video game for her grandson.

But it doens't concern you, why should you care? Follow your logic.

Yeah that's right JB, you're just like the police. Jesus H.

Now you're getting it.

More evidence that it was based on game prejudice and not concern.

No it's not. I clearly said it wasn't. What part of that don't you understand?

I suggested the more age approve game. Do you understand?

Again, o. You have quite clearly expressed on more than one occasion your preference for Sonic over Black Ops.

Nope.

Buy hey, continue with the insults and such.

Last edited:

Nephos

Lelouch Lamperouge
I hate when great debates like this turn preschool name calling

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I don't mind violence in video games, but what I DO mind is every single game on the market being overly violent with very few games that stand out by being different.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
@Mugo, unfortunately the best selling ploys on the market are usually sex and violence. Since sex probably isn't to gratifying in video game form, the act of killing is hyped. Mind you I play the Sword & Sorcery RPGs which normally don't have to graphic of violence, but one still has to kill the monsters and other bad guys. The defining point as I see it is how the violence is used, Are you the hero or the villain? I would love to see a shooter game that rewards the player for non fatal shots.

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
@Mugo, unfortunately the best selling ploys on the market are usually sex and violence. Since sex probably isn't to gratifying in video game form, the act of killing is hyped. Mind you I play the Sword & Sorcery RPGs which normally don't have to graphic of violence, but one still has to kill the monsters and other bad guys. The defining point as I see it is how the violence is used, Are you the hero or the villain? I would love to see a shooter game that rewards the player for non fatal shots.

My opinion on this will have to wait until you answer a fwe questions. Is shooting somone in the nuts a kill shot? Does it tell you were you hit the enemy? Basically what im asking is whether or not the screen will say +100 points for nut shot?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
My opinion on this will have to wait until you answer a few questions. Is shooting someone in the nuts a kill shot? Does it tell you were you hit the enemy? Basically what I'm asking is whether or not the screen will say +100 points for nut shot?
Answering in order:
Not necessarily. However it is inhumane.
Some games reward skillful shots. One that I played in a movie theater lobby gave a +5000 bonus for head shots!

MasterLucario

No life till leather
First off your post is spam, you arent debating about video game violence. and second of all No it doesnt. And lastly if you are going to make a post, make it having something to do with the topic, because if it doesnt, this thread could get shut down.

And why is there sex in a violent video game, that confuses me.

My post is no where near flaming. It expresses my views toward the topic in as little words as possible. If we attempt to censor out violence in video games, all it does it make it that much harder for kids to accept when they grow up. Hell, I grew up watching Power Rangers at age 6. violence is a staple of our being and society. But, some violence in video game is just plain overkill, no pun intended (ex: Mortal Kombat).

Chris-kun

i still believe
Sno its a debate, I don't need to step off, I was respectful to you in my disagreement, and expect the same in return whether we disagree or not, otherwise it's just an argument.

Remember the old adage, "It takes a village to raise a child". If we don't take part in helping one another we are the problem with our society.

[This post contains general you. Viewer discretion is advised.]
At the end of the day, you are responsible for your own child and their development. If you do not want them to see or have contact with violent video games, it is your responsibility to ensure that they don't. Parents need to be more educated on the ESRB rating system before they go out and purchase whatever their child tells them they want.

It is not the job of the country to raise your child. Video games are a media art-form, just like television, books, and music. Your child is just as likely to be exposed to violence in any one of the three. Many of the literary classics taught to children include acts of violence. No one blames the books anymore.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Precisely Chris, Each parent is responsible for their child's upbringing. My wife and I are very involved in what games my son plays and shows he watches. However I feel it's my moral duty to "advise" those without the proper knowledge of good entertainment ratings of what is in a game. What is done with that advice after it is given, that is the individuals choice. I did my duty.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Well if video game violence was banned, there'd be no video games left. It's up to the parents to be responsible with their own children. Every time people blame acts of violence on video games or TV, my blood pressure rises...

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ban violent video games how?
You do realize most video games have some sense of violence in them for example call of duty, duke,Battlefield,Assasin's creed ect those games have big time fanbases that will destroy you.